Valley Hostel Reviews

This place was great! It was insanely clean (you have to take your shoes off at the door) and had incredible views of the mountains. There was even a little balcony from our 6-bed room. The kitchen area was also super helpful and was a great place to meet new people and hang out. The hostel is about a 2-minute walk (if that) from the train station and cablecar. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

We had a great time staying here. The location is beautiful and the hostel is very nice and clean. It's a family run place and you can see the love and pride that the family pours into it. All of the bunk beds were handmade by the owner and his dad, and they were great! Kitchen was amazing, showers were hot, WiFi was fast, the only thing that I didn't love was there were no lockers in the room to lock up valuables but besides that its a wonderful place.

An excellent place to stay in lauterbrunnen! Good clean rooms and beds and a fantastic kitchen - large and spotlessly clean! Picturesque views of the mountains, everything within walking distance. Loved it :)

lovely hostel. walking distance from almost everything in Lauterbrunnen. wifi worked everywhere. big kitchen/dining area. rooms were decently sized, no lockers for security though. no hot water on my final night either. staff are excellent, I left an item in the room when I moved onto a new country and upon contacting them, they were more than happy to post it home for me!! Definitely recommend to anyone!!

The room was very clean and a great size with excellent view and location was perfect for our many excursions. If you want a quieter town to stay in, Lauterbrunnen is perfect. Only complaint is that in the part of the hostel we stayed there was only one bathroom for the entire floor so it was annoying. One girl was in there for an entire hour, I clocked her. Groups would take over the small kitchen for long periods of time creating a lot of noise. This is not the hostels fault, but be aware.

I was very pleased with the location, staff, friendly atmosphere, both the staff & the people visiting, cleanliness, & cost. I got help with questions about the 2 hikes I did. It was nice to have an outdoor area to sit in & enjoy the view! :) I'm 73, & would have preferred a single or double room, so it would be more quiet in the morning & evening & also feel like my belongings would be safe, while gone, but I did enjoy the young people. I have also stayed in Norwegian hostels,doubles & dorms.

• 13th Sep 2014

Great location, excellent clean secure facilities, great value would definately stay there again

• 10th Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel. Price is good for the area, the kitchen facilities were good and everything was really clean. The views are spectacular! Highly recommend.

• 29th Aug 2014

My stay at this hostel was wonderful. The rooms and bathrooms were constantly cleaned, the location was excellent, the staff were friendly and it actually felt like I was in a home instead of a hostel. Beautiful place, highly recommend :)

Very nice hostel in a very small town. It was exactly the kind of place that I had been looking for and just what I needed. The reception staff was helpful each time I had a question and I was easily able to extend my stay! Also FREE chocolate bar upon check-out!

Wow, what a beautiful place to stay. Staff was so friendly and informative. The property is so beautiful, I feel bad for everyone who pays top dollar to stay in Interlaken. The views here are unbeatable!!! Early check in friendly with a secured luggage room to bags and property in protected with code. Convenient spacious bathrooms with multiple showers, my best memories of my vacation were the night I stayed here. Wish I stayed longer. I will be back soon bur not soon enough.

Great hostel with good facilities. Showers were good and plentiful andourroom had amazing views out to the mountains. Fast and reliable WiFi also.

if you are looking for a party place and meeting people, I knew a few people staying at the campsite down the road, would probably recommend it instead

The hostel was one of the cleanest we have encountered. The host was friendly helpful and kind. For the price and location, it is an excellent choice. We highly recommend this hostel.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • India

Great hostel in an incredible location. You can't beat the views. I could see 5 waterfalls from the window right in front of my pillow. The staff are very helpful with booking activities and giving directions.

Very friendly

A great place to stay, beautiful views from the rooms and a very nice valley to be in

Not a great atmosphere really when we were there. A bit boring really. After staying here we left for Interlaken and wish we had of stayed there the whole time and did a day trip to lauterbrunnen. Lauterbrunnen was beautiful but at night there isn't much to do. The kitchen in hostel was big but they threw out our food even though we had dates written on.

완전짱 풍경 숙소 앞 발코니 취사가능 위치 전부다 짱

Valley Hostel was my best Hostel stay till date! The location was just brilliant, we thoroughly enjoyed having breakfast in the morning sitting out in the garden looking at the waterfall! and the best part was how affordable it was given how expensive Switzerland is otherwise ..........

• 26th Jul 2014