Valley Hostel Reviews

I very much enjoyed my stay at Valley Hostel. The staff were very helpful and extremely friendly I felt comfortable and safe at all times. Would highly recommend this place to anyone travelling through Lauterbrunnen.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Excellent hostel, wish we could have stayed for longer.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great hostel in an amazing location, you have the mountains just at your doorstep! The staff were super friendly and helpful, and because I was there a little while, even knew me by name. There aren't any lockers in the rooms so you might want to keep a lock on your suitcase but I didnt have any problems. I had a great stay and would definitely come back!

Absolutely loved my stay here!! Great location, close to train and easy access to MANY beautiful hiking trails! Friendly staff who will give you great suggestions:)

Well equipped kitchen! Wonderful views of the valley. Will stay again next time.

Nice hostel with good facilities! Great to have a kitchen because eating out in Switzerland is very pricey (although there was no oven). No lockers in hostel but overall great place to stay.

It would be great if there is a locker to keep our belongings safer.

Fantastic stay here, the bunks were comfortable (and SUPER sturdy, which is important as my boyfriend and I are both very tall and not the skinniest of folks) and the staff was great. We even had a lovely balcony. We spent one night here and two in Interlaken and we wish we would have just stayed here all three nights and then taken a train to Interlaken for the day. It really was a dream. Will definitely be back to Lauterbrunnen and stay here again.

Susie at the front desk was extremely helpful with advising and planning hikes. The views from the hostel are amazing- at least 5 waterfalls in view. It is right next to the train depot, but the trains are charming and not very noisy. The clientele was diverse. The beds are comfortable. All around good experience!

Great location wish I spent more time there clean as rooms awesome bathroom and kitchen area and best views of valley from rooms and kitchen

Great place to stay. The location is perfect. Super fun people staying at the hostel made the experience that much better. Would definitely stay again.

• 12th May 2015

Excellent hostel, thank you 😀

Awesome place, really nice rooms with amazing view of the mountains. Location is perfect (although Lauterbrunnen is so small, it was nice to be so close to the train station). Very comfortable and facilities were clean.

Very good location!!! But the electricity socket is hard to put my adaptor in!! Nice staff but no lockers inside the room! Value for money!

This was a great place. Very accommodating and easy to find. Staff was helpful in helping us find places to eat and pointing us in the right collection.

• 17th Mar 2015

Internet not working well hope kitchen can be use after 7am not 8 am.

It was a nice stay, the room was very clean and the hostel got everything you need. But it was a pity that I only discovered the very big kitchen and toilet at the last moment I moved out. And during my trip I did not meet any single travellers but most likely it was because I was staying in the single room and the dorm is not on the same floor. But all together it is a nice hostel to stay in! And Lauterbrunnen is absolutely a beautiful village!

View all Lauterbrunnen Hostels