Valley Hostel Reviews

Really at an excellent location provided you want to see the mountains and hike on them. Clean hostel and well the only thing missing from there is a locker that I could have put just my own stuff during daytime. If you're not feeling for a hike, you can take train to Interlaken and go about there or bask under the sun on the yard where they have several sun chairs to sit on. Quiet village otherwise but I loved it there. Breath-taking views for sure! :)

Hotel has self-cooking kitchen, excellent location not far from train station. But breakfast was quite expensive I paid 6 CHF for 2 breads and a big cup of coffee.

Perfect hostel! really enjoyed my stay, thank you.

We loved our stay, very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, very clean rooms and we are hoping to come back again next year! Absolutely beautiful quiet setting but lots of shops around and the train station is such a short walk and very convenient.

• 3rd Apr 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel! The initial "leave your shoes at the door" mentality was at first surprising, but the location is absolutely gorgeous. We had a beautiful deck leading out to a view over the Lauterbrunnen valley. I really recommend this hostel for location and ease of access to the Alps! Great for hiking and those who just want to get up in the mountains. Cozy lodge like feel as well.

Good.good.good!!

This place was amazing! The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Amazing views, excellent washroom facilities, great kitchen to cook in and a short walk from the train station. Upon check out you even get a Valley Hostel Swiss chocolate bar! I was in room 22.

It was a nice small hostel. Don't go expecting the type of places you can stay at in large cities. There isn't always someone at the front desk. It does have a nice homey feel though. I'd go back if I ever wanted to stay in Lauterbrunnen again.

Its amazing. Incredibly amazing. The view, the location. We went up to the Schilthorn Peak, and it was simply thanks to the staff for explaining to us about how to get there with no hassle and also she gave us the 40% off discount.

• 5th Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff, hostel and location are all 10/10. Would recommend it to everyone and I definately want to return! Such an amazing hostel and town.

I stayed two nights in the valley hostel and found it very convenient to reach from the stations. The room is clean and comfortable. The staff is nice to help. The kitchen is fully equipped. I would not hesitate to recommend this Valley hostel to my friends.

The valley hostel was a short walk from the train station and in a great area. Amazing views from our room, great kitchen and dining area, and the staff were helpful!

its very very great to me!!

Our road led us from Interlaken deep into the valley, past the train and cable-car stations of the town of Lauterbrunnen, as we watched on our left for Valley Hostel. The wooden building and parking were set back behind storefronts, but well-marked. Friendly staff provided us with a map and flyers of much to see and do in the green valley and on the white mountains looming above it. Our balcony offered us a gorgeous view. We also enjoyed clean bathrooms, kitchen, and common room. - Wren Bradley

Good location, nice people in hostel,and very nice view in balcony

• 28th Oct 2013
  • China

clean rooms, comfortable stay, very nice kitchen. excellent location for those who want to spend time in Lauterbrunnen

Beautiful hostel situated in the gorgeous Lauterbrunnen Valley. 2 min. walk from the train and right in the heart of the small village. My gf and I loved cooking in the kitchens! Saves a ton of money too as local food is $$$. As clean as they keep the premises- they definitely try their best- they are having trouble fighting off the bed bug problem. Although it isnt their fault they got them in the 1st place, they need to do better to get rid of them! Will surely return as soon as they do.

We do all our best to keep the bed bugs out of our house! Every year we spend CHF 10`000.00 for that problem! Also we control all the rooms every week if we see them! But when we still have guests in the house how thing they can us their own sleeping bag instead our bedding then it our work for nothing! And for all the people, bed bugs has nothing to do with cleanliness!!!

View all Lauterbrunnen Hostels