Valley Hostel Reviews

We could not have had a better experience, everyone in our group loved staying with you! Thank you very much and I hope to visit Lauterbrunnen and Valley Hostel again! You run the nicest and coziest hostel I have ever visited!

• 30th Oct 2015

Fabulous hostel in a great location. Nowhere to lock up luggage but hostel was very secure so I wasn't too worried. No microwave but a great kitchen for cooking your own meals. Staff were excellent.

Faculties were great and clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Beds were comfy. Was a great stay.

I want lockers and showers that do not require me to pass public areas. The slippers thing doesnt make much sense if you can go outside with the slippers (through the eating area).

I really loved my stay at Valley Hostel! The staff was helpful in helping me find some awesome hikes to take. I really loved the atmosphere of the place. It was a great place to meet other outdoorsy travelers. Everyone was super friendly. The beds were really comfy, too! Not a bad view from the hostel, either :)

A really good hostel- well organised and with everything you should expect and need. Staff were really friendly other than one rude woman. Only downer was that it seemed to be mostly groups, so it was harder to meet people, but otherwise Valley Hostel was fabulous :) Would stay here again for sure!

Location was great-beautiful views and close to train station. However the rooms aren't like they are pictured- very small for 6 people. Wifi was good, covered all areas of the hostel. Linen was old and ripped- they really should upgrade this for the cost people are paying. Quilts were nice and warm however.

I felt very clean, safe, and comfortable while I was there. The staff is very friendly and very informative!

Cosy hostel with a nice atmosphere. No lockers in rooms and not any space to store your bags but it felt quite safe. Shared bathrooms were reasonably clean but only luke warm water in the showers! Nice large kitchen but half the hot plates weren't working. The key card access to rooms makes a weird ringtone everytime someone comes in which is quite disruptive.

Enjoyed my stay here. Very well situated especially for train and bus travel. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Great location, decent rooms, friendly staff. Strictly enforced 'no shoes in the house' policy. Toilets and sinks on each floor, but showers are down in the the basement. Kitchen to cook, small patio and outside space. Staff let us check in early since a room was ready, also offered us (a couple) a private room that became available instead of a dorm which we had reserved. Small room, but had a little balcony and a table, small closet space. Room was quiet, slept fine.

It was great!

Beautiful view from the hostel windows - great location. Clean. Nice kitchen for cooking and lots of shower facilities. Nice balcony off our room! I never found the pool and didnt like that we had to leave our shoes downstairs, however this kept the floors clean

Loved it here. Fantastic staff!!!! So friendly and helpful - when we got there, he showed us to our room and showed us ALL the facilities, really lovely welcoming! Cute rooms, clean hostel, kitchen & fridge to use, great atmosphere! Great location. Would most definitely recommend and stay again!

Beautiful hostel + stunning location = perfect vacation!

Best hostel I've stayed in. Great staff who will advice you on things to do, hiking trails etc. Very clean spacious rooms, big and organised kitchen, garden to sit in and perfect location near the station, shops and stunning views.

Staff here were so helpful with any activities or hikes. The hostel was clean and the kitchen facilities were great. Location is perfect and would definitely stay here again.

You are not allowed to wear shoes and have to wear the slippers that the hostel provides.. The hostel is a short walk from the train (everything in Lauterbrunnen is a short walk away from the hostel). The hostel was very friendly and accommodating to international visitors. The breakfast (which we did not get) had to be collected between 8-9am and consists of 2 bread rolls, jam, butter and a cup of tea or coffee for 6CHF. We just made breakfast ourselves for much less.

• 17th Aug 2015

Enjoyed the stay in this hostel. Amazing views through the windows. Nice and clean rooms. Close to the train station. Shoes need to be left in a rack before entering the main hostel area and you get slippers, which is kind of good because the floors stay nice and clean. Dorms are nice and cozy but a bit congested. A nice big kitchen with all that you need and nice places to dine inside and outside.

View all Lauterbrunnen Hostels