Valley Hostel Reviews

Very good location!!! But the electricity socket is hard to put my adaptor in!! Nice staff but no lockers inside the room! Value for money!

Internet not working well hope kitchen can be use after 7am not 8 am.

It was a nice stay, the room was very clean and the hostel got everything you need. But it was a pity that I only discovered the very big kitchen and toilet at the last moment I moved out. And during my trip I did not meet any single travellers but most likely it was because I was staying in the single room and the dorm is not on the same floor. But all together it is a nice hostel to stay in! And Lauterbrunnen is absolutely a beautiful village!

I being a senior would have preferred a softer mattress

Loved my stay here! Was there over Christmas and the staff were great, atmosphere was wonderful, kitchen was big (although it got quite crowded during dinner time) and the location in the valley couldn't be better. Free wifi, decent showers, comfy rooms. Really enjoyed meeting the other travelers and I would definitely want to come back during the summer for more outdoor activities.

This hostel was excellent! We only stayed one night, but that was enough time to see that the property had a lot to offer. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the kitchen/dining area was a great place to hang out and meet new people. My only complaint would be that the price was a little bit higher than I would have liked--but all in all, definitely a great find!

• 24th Oct 2014

Stayed an extra night - the staff are great and so knowledgeable about the area - the atmosphere is fantastic with people sharing meals and helping out others with their cooking skills etc - a great place to learn international recipes - loved the hostel, the area and the people - well done to you all

Great place to stay, and what the best part was the people I met, they were awesome, I had so much fun. I had 2 friends stay the week before and they didn't get snow, but even in Mürren it's was snowing, which was amazing. Nice and clean and the workers helped me out with my broken hand which was great, thank you heaps !

Very convenient location, clean, good wifi! Superb view of mountains! Highly recommended!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

This place was great! It was insanely clean (you have to take your shoes off at the door) and had incredible views of the mountains. There was even a little balcony from our 6-bed room. The kitchen area was also super helpful and was a great place to meet new people and hang out. The hostel is about a 2-minute walk (if that) from the train station and cablecar. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

We had a great time staying here. The location is beautiful and the hostel is very nice and clean. It's a family run place and you can see the love and pride that the family pours into it. All of the bunk beds were handmade by the owner and his dad, and they were great! Kitchen was amazing, showers were hot, WiFi was fast, the only thing that I didn't love was there were no lockers in the room to lock up valuables but besides that its a wonderful place.

An excellent place to stay in lauterbrunnen! Good clean rooms and beds and a fantastic kitchen - large and spotlessly clean! Picturesque views of the mountains, everything within walking distance. Loved it :)

View all Lauterbrunnen Hostels