Valley Hostel Reviews

Great hostel. Stayed in a cabin and it was safe and cute! Best scenery. Everything was clean and well organised. Would definitely stay here again!!

We loved our stay at this hostel, it was so homely and we felt like we could stay forever. All the facilities were great, the hostel was so clean and all the staff were super helpful. Thanks again

Awesome location, super clean, nice staff and the best BEST kitchen out of all the other hostels in Lauterbrunnen! Thanks guys :)

I was charged for two nights when I only stayed one. Was is a rush in the morning and arrived late the night before so I had no time to argue my case. Wasn't even given the benefit of the doubt. Very disappointed there was no leniency.. Would not stay here again personally!

Lauterbrunnen is GORGEOUS and this hostel is nestled directly in the middle of town. The rooms are spacious and bathroom and kitchen are very clean. I particularly liked the back patio where you can sit and marvel at the mountains! During my stay the hostel wasn't the greatest place to meet other solo travelers, but it could have just been my timing.

Definitely a nice hostel. It was basic, but it was comfortable. Good sized kitchen too

We loved Valley Hostel! This was our first experience in a hostel and it was fun. The environment was great - the patio with the amazing view outside the dining room was a great place to hang out. The facilities were nice and the bunks were comfortable. The kitchen was nice as well. We have no complaints and overall it was a great experience.

Great location for doing a lot in the area. Right near train, grocery, gondola, trails, public pool etc. Storybook views of waterfalls and mountains. Loved the backyard/ porch. No lockers but everything there seems really safe. Stayed in a 6 bed mix, no AC but you don't need it, open window works fine. Bathrooms great. Kitchen is great (but crowded) since everyone cooks there. Cool diverse mix of travelers. Highly recommend.

I very much enjoyed my stay at Valley Hostel. The staff were very helpful and extremely friendly I felt comfortable and safe at all times. Would highly recommend this place to anyone travelling through Lauterbrunnen.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Excellent hostel, wish we could have stayed for longer.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great hostel in an amazing location, you have the mountains just at your doorstep! The staff were super friendly and helpful, and because I was there a little while, even knew me by name. There aren't any lockers in the rooms so you might want to keep a lock on your suitcase but I didnt have any problems. I had a great stay and would definitely come back!

Absolutely loved my stay here!! Great location, close to train and easy access to MANY beautiful hiking trails! Friendly staff who will give you great suggestions:)

Well equipped kitchen! Wonderful views of the valley. Will stay again next time.

Nice, clean hostel with friendly staff. I'd personally recommend staying up in the mountains somewhere like Gimmelwald though - far better views and you're more in nature

Nice hostel with good facilities! Great to have a kitchen because eating out in Switzerland is very pricey (although there was no oven). No lockers in hostel but overall great place to stay.

It would be great if there is a locker to keep our belongings safer.

Fantastic stay here, the bunks were comfortable (and SUPER sturdy, which is important as my boyfriend and I are both very tall and not the skinniest of folks) and the staff was great. We even had a lovely balcony. We spent one night here and two in Interlaken and we wish we would have just stayed here all three nights and then taken a train to Interlaken for the day. It really was a dream. Will definitely be back to Lauterbrunnen and stay here again.

Susie at the front desk was extremely helpful with advising and planning hikes. The views from the hostel are amazing- at least 5 waterfalls in view. It is right next to the train depot, but the trains are charming and not very noisy. The clientele was diverse. The beds are comfortable. All around good experience!

Great location wish I spent more time there clean as rooms awesome bathroom and kitchen area and best views of valley from rooms and kitchen

This is a great hostel with a very well equipped industrial kitchen and facilities - the views from the hang out area on the lawn are amazing and it's Switzerland so you can't avoid the price and this is one of the best for your money!

1 2 Next » last »