Valley Hostel Reviews

Great location in a beautiful area at a good price. The kitchen was nice to have but got very busy and hectic at times.

Nice location.Walking distance from train station and from the very expensive restaurants. Nice view of the mtns. and falls.The bad: communal showers that has water pooling while you shower. It's gross! And you have to wear their slippers which were worn by other people.Yuck! And were put in the basket with the dirty side on top of the side you will step on. Eeew! Some were a bit wet. From sweat or water? It doesn't matter. It's still gross that you have to wear a common pair of cloth slippers.

Probably best place to stay in the Interlaken region. You have an amazing location, great staff to help you with things to do and where to go, and super clean, comfortable facilities. The kitchen was well equipped and you have lots of space to cook your meals. Definitely would recommend!!

Be prepared to leave your shoes at the entry door.

Wonderful place to stay. Very clean and a nice kitchen to cook your food. Would definitely stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014

Good place. I recommend u!

Has everything that a traveler may need.. you can also book some adventures through the hostel. Otherwise just enjoy the wonderful location of this hostel.

Great spot in the valley, private room had great view of the waterfalls

My favorite hostel i stayed in on my trip through Switzerland. One of my fave hostels i've ever stayed in perhaps. Part of that is the amazing location sure, but the staff was nice, i didn't get charged extra for sheets or even towels which was rare. Lots of friendly people in the common room. I like the leave the shoes at the door policy, keeps everything clean and more relaxed. I can't forget i stayed 3 nights and i got a valley hostel chocolate bar when checking out, yum!

Excellent location and view. Love the helpful staff and wonderful kitchen that helps to save money.

You could not ask for a more gorgeous place. I kept asking myself if it was real. The hostel feels sort of like a lodge or cabin and it was pretty easy to meet people. Everything was clean, kitchen was well-stocked with dishes, bed was comfortable, super close to the train station, town was beautiful and lots of fun outdoorsy things to do in surrounding areas.

Very cute hostel. Absolutely clean, a very nice and big kitchen. One of the best hostrls I have stayed in.

• 31st May 2014
  • India

Excellent location and very clean. I like this hostel very much! Sitting in the balcony of my room, you can see the mountains and waterfalls. Nothing is negative. Staffs are also friendly.

This place is great! Very clean, great views, fantastic kitchen, really nice staff, clean rooms, etc. would highly recommend. But seriously, what is the deal with all of the Koreans?

Valley Hostel had an extremely helpful staff that would answer any and all of our questions! The rooms were clean, as were the bathrooms, and the kitchen was great. My favorite part, though, was definitely the outdoor area where we met lots of people and had great conversation among the waterfalls. You really can't beat the location!

Really at an excellent location provided you want to see the mountains and hike on them. Clean hostel and well the only thing missing from there is a locker that I could have put just my own stuff during daytime. If you're not feeling for a hike, you can take train to Interlaken and go about there or bask under the sun on the yard where they have several sun chairs to sit on. Quiet village otherwise but I loved it there. Breath-taking views for sure! :)

Hotel has self-cooking kitchen, excellent location not far from train station. But breakfast was quite expensive I paid 6 CHF for 2 breads and a big cup of coffee.

...and jam and butter and orangejuice....

Perfect hostel! really enjoyed my stay, thank you.

We loved our stay, very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, very clean rooms and we are hoping to come back again next year! Absolutely beautiful quiet setting but lots of shops around and the train station is such a short walk and very convenient.

• 3rd Apr 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel! The initial "leave your shoes at the door" mentality was at first surprising, but the location is absolutely gorgeous. We had a beautiful deck leading out to a view over the Lauterbrunnen valley. I really recommend this hostel for location and ease of access to the Alps! Great for hiking and those who just want to get up in the mountains. Cozy lodge like feel as well.

View all Lauterbrunnen Hostels