7.6
Very Good 427 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 427 Total Reviews
Vancouver Backpacker House Located at 7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, , Vancouver.
Canada

• rhianon_aston3955
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
15th Aug 2016
7.4

We booked a dorm room but they gave us a private, AMAZING. We liked that it was quite here and more like a house. The staff were nice, the room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The place got cleaned every day so it's in pretty good condition for a 'hostel'. Our bedroom door (basement room 1) did not lock which was really frustrating and they have nearly no kitchen utensils.. 1 fork, 1 spoon, 1 pan etc. Close to the SkyTrain and Metro Town mall. I'd recommend it over a city hostel

• England, Couple, 25-30
7th Aug 2016
6.9

It's not a hostel. There was no social aspect at all(I saw one person the entire time I was there) if you aren't there to socialise it's quite good. We were in a private room which isn't in the main hostel it's 2 streets down. It was basic but clean and we had use of the kitchen which saved us some money. The staff didn't seem to know what they were doing (This seems a training/management issue rather than incompetence). Overall if you want a cheap, basic, clean place to stay this

7th Aug 2016
8.0

The hostel is kinda strange, but you quickly relax into it. My stay at the hostel was made especially lovely by the house keeping assistant Hannah, who is very friendly and kind!

• Spain, Male, 31-40
3rd Aug 2016

Very good for the price.

• ash8553798
  • Canada, Couple, 18-24
1st Aug 2016

I stayed in a private room for the first time because my girlfriend had never been to a hostel before and was a bit concerned with sleeping in a room with strangers / her personal items getting stolen. The private rooms were in a separate building from the regular rooms, and none of the guests talked to each other in the private housing, which I thought was kinda weird. Also I do wish there were more showers/ bathrooms. Other than that, its a great place, and an ideal location by the skytrain

• England, Male, 31-40
29th Jul 2016
7.7

Kind of a weird set up. Arrived and there was no staff there. Had to phone them. They then arrived and took me to another location about 5 minute drive away. More like apartment than a hostel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jul 2016
8.0

Great place. My cousin and I rented a private room, and it was nice. Clean, there was a private porch we could have used (but didn't get around to) and they provided a fan. The place was nice, and it was only a 10 minute walk to the Metropolis at metrotown to shop or catch the skytrain. The neighborhood felt very safe along with the walk there. The bathrooms were also clean. The staff was friendly as well!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2016

The staff was wonderful and it was a great location with wonderful accommodations! Honestly it was similar to staying in someone's house, it was clean and also had a common area. The only negative thing I have to say is that it can be a little loud later in the evening with people socializing, but that isn't a big deal at all. I stayed there with a friend and we had a private room, it felt completely safe and a generally friendly atmosphere. Definitely would recommend.

• Shinae01
  • South Korea, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Thank you very much for the comfortable stay I had with you! :) It was in the neighborhood where local people live. so it makes perfect sense if you want to experience beyond touristy area. The room I was given was very clean and comfortable and only for girls including myself. I will definitely go back to this hostel when I visit Vancouver again! :)

• Australia, Male, 25-30
15th Jul 2016
4.3

This isn't a backpackers. Its three low rent boarding houses roughly 500m apart. I think there were three houses/apartments in total. It was reasonably quiet but there was no atmosphere. The staff acted as though guests were a hassle.