Vancouver Backpacker House Reviews

7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, Vancouver, Canada

There was no greeting and the Check in dude seemed confused. This location is NOT 15 mins from downtown- try 30. Check in dude said I would be charged an additional 6% for using a card to pay for the room even though this was not on the web. The bed looked nothing like the pictures on the site. The boxspring was on the floor and the pillow was dirty and there was a roll of (unused) toilet paper on the bed. I refused to stay and went to HI.

• 30th Jun 2015

We had a nice roomy double , lovely big window. Very quiet location in the suburbs Close to the sky train and a huge shopping centre. Share kitchen very good too. Definately would go there again. Helen and John

Our room looked nothing like the photos, it was clean, but we had to stay in the basement, tiny window, carpets and really old uncomfortable mattress. Staff were all new, unsure about everything and no one could answer any of our questions (where are the restaurants? How far are we from the airport, cost of a drop off, etc)... I expected better..

Carl and Tinna were amazing hosts, very friendly, very helpful, and they do an amazing job of keeping the place sparkling clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel, and would stay here again without hesitation. Impressed.

Awesome place to stay if you want to have some rest! Very nice staff, the kitchen is perfect and everything is clean. I went there by car and you can park in front of the house.

• 7th Jun 2015

Nice hostel, very clean, staff very helpfully. They arnt doing lots of events and stuff but its easy to meet people There.

• 31st May 2015
  • French Southern Territories

Nice relaxed hostel, only 15 minutes with the train to the city, go there if you feel like sleeping in a suburban house!

This is perfect for a cheap stay in vancouver. It is not in the city centre but a 20 minute ride on the skytrain. It is next to the metropolis mall with cinema shops etc. The staff are really lovely and chatty. A very quiet atmosphere and not a social place.but if you want some quiet for.some solo travel and at nearly half.the price of the downtown hostels then it is perfect.

I came to Vancouver to run in the marathon, so I found the location perfect to enter the race. After the race, I was sore and needed extra time to recover. The staff were very understanding of my condition and made all efforts in my recovery (supplying ice and Tylenol). I found the location very convenient and good value for the money. Thanks again, Grant

• 2nd May 2015

We had to change our booking at the last minute and they were very accommodating in changing our room. Even driving us to the other hostel where the new room was. Much appreciated. Close to sky train. Would stay again.

Staff is a bit rude to people and it impacted the ambiance. Lot's of strick rules for no particular reasons so we felt like we were at school. The place is clean and close to the sky train... That s about it

My one week stay at the hostel was excellent. I met some very interesting people, and really enjoyed chatting with the staff person there, who was a volunteer helping to manage the facility. She was very professional, accommodating, quite helpful, and certainly deserves some praise for her effort. I will make a point of visiting the hostel in Burnaby again some day.

• 12th Apr 2015

Good location if you are staying in Metrotown (easy walk to skytrain station).

arrived late, and no problem on checking in. clean and good location

• 30th Mar 2015

If u want a quiet place, go here. If ur looking for a backpacker place with activities and vibe, dont go here. Place is very basic- wifi. No breakfast or coffee, but its cheap and near a metro station and mall. Takes abot 10-15 minutes to get to downtown via metro.

A quiet and clean place with free parking. if you are a party person, won't be suitable.

• 17th Mar 2015

This hostel is actually a hotel. The staff is knowledgeable, rooms good but tight. The only problem is the location in terms of the sheer amount of homeless people engulfing the area. I mean Vancouver must be the homeless capital of North America and this hostel must be at ground zero of that. But the homeless people are extremely kind as are all canadians. The hostel is very clean, has parking (paid), and a restaurant inside of it.

Good value, staff are nice and room is clean, Mall and train Station are about 10 mins away.

• 12th Mar 2015

I m still in shock about the fact that they provide just the first toilette paper and that u ve to carry it to the toilet each time, I ve been in many hostels and I ve never seen that. Location is close to a big mall but far away from the city center and in zone 2 so u pay more to get there. It´s not exactly a hostel is more like a guest house but if u re planning to be in Vancouver for a while is a cheap way to start and it s also clean and quite,

View all Vancouver Bed and Breakfasts