Vancouver Backpacker House

Very Good 543 Total Reviews

• gabetx
  • USA, Male, 31-40
18th Sep 2017

every thing was good but the people on the second floor where very loud walking around in the middle of the night.

• kyalisonmyself1751
  • Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2017

A little far from downtown but close to skytrain station. Sooo happy it's not bunk bed and the beds are comfortable. With the quiet environment, it's worth.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
9th Sep 2017
6.6

The location is quite far from downtown. It's a quiet residential area. It's close to the sky train, so it's easy to get into town. Still little bit far away. I had to do a self check in. Either send my CVV of my creditcard or slip a envelope of cash under the door. Both not very safe. There's no reception and no activities planned. I didn't like that much. Room is small, but ok. No bunk beds, but normal beds so that's good. Kitchen is ok, but limited on supplies.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
31st Aug 2017

Really good value for money - we stayed in Waverley house. Bit of confusion at first but due to not seeing an email as we had no internet access on our road journey. We were pleased with the location, a short journey away on the sky train, of which the station was a 5 minute walk from the hostel. The biggest issue seemed to be people not clearing up after themselves in bathroom/kitchen, but this is not the fault of staff or hostel. Overall, very pleased with this stay and for its value.

• USA, Male, 41+
26th Aug 2017

My stay at the Vancouver Backpacker House was great and fit my needs during my visit to Vancouver. It was in a nice location with friendly people there. Very convenient to the Metrotown Mall and area with a 10 minute walk to the sky rail where the ride took 20 minutes to get to the heart of Downtown Vancouver.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
20th Aug 2017

We stayed in the Vancouver Backpacker House for 4 nights! It was excellent, they provided pillows with a case, and a comforter. They also provide toilet paper, but you should bring other bathroom supplies (shampoo, towel, etc.). They have an equipped kitchen with a stove, fridge, toaster and toaster oven (pots, pans, cooking and eating utensils are also provided). It was extremely convenient as it was close to a Skytrain that took us downtown, and its's very clean! Highly recommend staying here

• Canada, Mixed Group, 31-40
19th Aug 2017
7.1

Communication was all through sms or whatsapp. I would have preferred in-person contact in case issues occurred.

18th Aug 2017
6.0

Arrived to find my name on a whiteboard outside of the front door telling me my room number and a key just left there. In my room there was an envelope I had to pay and put it under the storage room door?? Never met anyone in charge once- weird. Half an hour on skytrain out of the city too. Near a pretty decent shopping mall and it was clean were bonuses. Bunk beds very creaky!!!!

14th Aug 2017

Paid for pickup at airport. They accommodated my later arrival. Room was small but adequate. Kitchen facilities were good.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
13th Aug 2017
5.4

It was a weird environment. They also asked me to take a picture of the CCV on my credit card which made me very uncomfortable. No staff was there to help me the entire day/night I stayed there.

×