Vancouver Backpacker House Reviews

7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, Vancouver, Canada

The worst place I've ever stayed. If you're thinking of staying here RUN! Left after my first night and went downtown. The facility was filthy, the staff were non existent, the doors remained unlocked, and escaping this dump was such a nightmares. The bed layout reminded me of prison, and everyone else staying there was also totally miserable. You do not get refunds here. If you don't have a car downtown is also 30 minutes away, not 15 as advertised. 0/10

The hostel is left without control, so rooms are often a mess and dirty. No réception service At all, no one to ask any question. Looks morte like a squat thank a hostel. Position is outside the center, not Easy to find shops.

I had a good experience with this Hostel. It's located in a big house, and has a very causal atmosphere. There is no reception area and the only person I really ran into during my stay was my roommate. Although not downtown, it is located next to the skytrain.

When I made my reservation I was expecting to get a room at least similar to the one in the picture. Instead I got one off four mattresses on the floor in a room with hardly even walking space between. The mattress it's self was old and sagging enough to distinctly feel the mettle springs beginning to poke through. In a room for four people there was only one electrical outlet. I wold suggest you update your photos to accurately portray the rooms guests will actually be staying in.

• 13th Dec 2015

clean and with a price. I booked one night online, and booked another 7 days with their staff directly can get discounted rate. It is a good place to stay for people looking for jobs and long term stay.

• 28th Nov 2015

Home feeling and close to everything( sky train and mall).

• 16th Nov 2015

All the staff was so nice and I met some people from various countries. We had good time here . I will come again.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

I very much enjoyed my stay. The staff were veery accommodating and everyone was so sweet. We met some amazing people. The rooms are small but you definitely have enough room. You're only paying $22 per night and I think we got more than we needed for that price. As two women, we felt safe staying here and would definitely return!

• 6th Nov 2015

Very rundown area and we (two women) felt very unsafe. We had to pay up front for all three nights despite asking to reduce it to one, before we were allowed to see the actual location we would be staying at, which was not at the given address. Our private room had a lock that had been smashed in and a ground floor window with a broken screen, no lock and a ladder outside the window. The bathroom was filthy. We did not stay any nights and left as we felt so unsafe. We expect our money back.

• 10th Aug 2015