Vancouver Backpacker House Reviews

7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, Vancouver, Canada

Nice relaxed hostel, only 15 minutes with the train to the city, go there if you feel like sleeping in a suburban house!

I came to Vancouver to run in the marathon, so I found the location perfect to enter the race. After the race, I was sore and needed extra time to recover. The staff were very understanding of my condition and made all efforts in my recovery (supplying ice and Tylenol). I found the location very convenient and good value for the money. Thanks again, Grant

• 2nd May 2015

We had to change our booking at the last minute and they were very accommodating in changing our room. Even driving us to the other hostel where the new room was. Much appreciated. Close to sky train. Would stay again.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff is a bit rude to people and it impacted the ambiance. Lot's of strick rules for no particular reasons so we felt like we were at school. The place is clean and close to the sky train... That s about it

Good location if you are staying in Metrotown (easy walk to skytrain station).

arrived late, and no problem on checking in. clean and good location

• 30th Mar 2015

If u want a quiet place, go here. If ur looking for a backpacker place with activities and vibe, dont go here. Place is very basic- wifi. No breakfast or coffee, but its cheap and near a metro station and mall. Takes abot 10-15 minutes to get to downtown via metro.

A quiet and clean place with free parking. if you are a party person, won't be suitable.

• 17th Mar 2015

This hostel is actually a hotel. The staff is knowledgeable, rooms good but tight. The only problem is the location in terms of the sheer amount of homeless people engulfing the area. I mean Vancouver must be the homeless capital of North America and this hostel must be at ground zero of that. But the homeless people are extremely kind as are all canadians. The hostel is very clean, has parking (paid), and a restaurant inside of it.

Good value, staff are nice and room is clean, Mall and train Station are about 10 mins away.

• 12th Mar 2015

I m still in shock about the fact that they provide just the first toilette paper and that u ve to carry it to the toilet each time, I ve been in many hostels and I ve never seen that. Location is close to a big mall but far away from the city center and in zone 2 so u pay more to get there. It´s not exactly a hostel is more like a guest house but if u re planning to be in Vancouver for a while is a cheap way to start and it s also clean and quite,

The hostel was a disaster. The hotel manager was not present hired two girls, one of them (german girl) had no idea and thought only of parties. Was very unfriendly and rude. Also she had used very bad words towards guests. The hostel also has turned on the heater continuously until the evening at 8 clock. Had to sit with the jacket in the hostel. For what I paid? Would recommend anyone. Really terrible.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Austria

I've been to this place a few times already and always like to come back. There is a big mall nearby and downtown Vancouver is just a Skytrain ride away. The staff is always friendly and helpful, there's a shared kitchen, laundry, fast internet, clean, and great atmosphere.

View all Vancouver Bed and Breakfasts