Vancouver Backpacker House Reviews

7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, Vancouver, Canada

I m still in shock about the fact that they provide just the first toilette paper and that u ve to carry it to the toilet each time, I ve been in many hostels and I ve never seen that. Location is close to a big mall but far away from the city center and in zone 2 so u pay more to get there. It´s not exactly a hostel is more like a guest house but if u re planning to be in Vancouver for a while is a cheap way to start and it s also clean and quite,

The hostel was a disaster. The hotel manager was not present hired two girls, one of them (german girl) had no idea and thought only of parties. Was very unfriendly and rude. Also she had used very bad words towards guests. The hostel also has turned on the heater continuously until the evening at 8 clock. Had to sit with the jacket in the hostel. For what I paid? Would recommend anyone. Really terrible.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Austria

I've been to this place a few times already and always like to come back. There is a big mall nearby and downtown Vancouver is just a Skytrain ride away. The staff is always friendly and helpful, there's a shared kitchen, laundry, fast internet, clean, and great atmosphere.

I lived in McKay House. Everything is really good. Wi-FI is fast. It's really convenient to go to other place. I'll willing to live here if I come to Vancouver again.

Very nice and peaceful!

Not really like a hostel but more like a guesthouse. We used this hostel to drive to the Rocky Mountains the next morning and avoid Vancouver Downtown traffic and that worked quite well. There was no staff for check-in when we arrived in the afternoon but a key hanging at the front door and in the room we found an envelope to put money inside for payment. In the evening we completed the check-in and got our receipt.

View all Vancouver Bed and Breakfasts