Vancouver Backpacker House Reviews

7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, Vancouver, Canada

I came to Vancouver to run in the marathon, so I found the location perfect to enter the race. After the race, I was sore and needed extra time to recover. The staff were very understanding of my condition and made all efforts in my recovery (supplying ice and Tylenol). I found the location very convenient and good value for the money. Thanks again, Grant

• 2nd May 2015

We had to change our booking at the last minute and they were very accommodating in changing our room. Even driving us to the other hostel where the new room was. Much appreciated. Close to sky train. Would stay again.

Staff is a bit rude to people and it impacted the ambiance. Lot's of strick rules for no particular reasons so we felt like we were at school. The place is clean and close to the sky train... That s about it

My one week stay at the hostel was excellent. I met some very interesting people, and really enjoyed chatting with the staff person there, who was a volunteer helping to manage the facility. She was very professional, accommodating, quite helpful, and certainly deserves some praise for her effort. I will make a point of visiting the hostel in Burnaby again some day.

• 12th Apr 2015

Good location if you are staying in Metrotown (easy walk to skytrain station).

arrived late, and no problem on checking in. clean and good location

• 30th Mar 2015

If u want a quiet place, go here. If ur looking for a backpacker place with activities and vibe, dont go here. Place is very basic- wifi. No breakfast or coffee, but its cheap and near a metro station and mall. Takes abot 10-15 minutes to get to downtown via metro.

A quiet and clean place with free parking. if you are a party person, won't be suitable.

• 17th Mar 2015

This hostel is actually a hotel. The staff is knowledgeable, rooms good but tight. The only problem is the location in terms of the sheer amount of homeless people engulfing the area. I mean Vancouver must be the homeless capital of North America and this hostel must be at ground zero of that. But the homeless people are extremely kind as are all canadians. The hostel is very clean, has parking (paid), and a restaurant inside of it.

Good value, staff are nice and room is clean, Mall and train Station are about 10 mins away.

• 12th Mar 2015