Vancouver Backpacker House Reviews

7020 Gray Ave Burnaby BC, Vancouver, Canada

Best thing about this hostel are the beds. They're real beds, not bunks and you'll get an excellent nights sleep. It is however a 10 min walk, plus a $4.25 ($2 after a certain time at night) skytrain ride into the city. It's near a very cheap supermarket and has a relatively good kitchen. A lot of the residents were there for a few weeks, and working etc so it's not a party hostel but you'll meet people who do know Vancouver well.

Strange setup. Rooms in separate buildings (3 I think) which are spread around. You don't know which street you will end up on. No front desk you can walk up to. Asked if I could leave my bags pre-checkin and was told ok, but no one was there to receive them so I had to stick them in an out of the way place. When checking in (had to ring and wait), I was asked to pay for a lift (via car) to the building where my room was. Room was fine though. Near huge mall and train, but quite out of the city.

Thank you for your feedback. You arrival time was before 8am. The cost is for the early check in charge. There is no fee for placeing your stuff at the common area. However, we do not take responsibility for the loss of your luggage.

It is located in a quiet and nice area easy to access by skytrain and near a big shopping center. It was perfect for me. I would return there if I go back to Vancouver.

• 26th May 2014

It's a bit out of town, but has good connections to it and for the price is unbeatable!

The hostel is a safe place to stay but it needs just a little more cleaning. The matresses need covers and proper beds are needed instead of leaving bedspring on the floor

Pro: very friendly and helpful stuff; its more a flat than a hostel; everything is very clean; 5 Minutes to the Skytrain and to the biggest Shopping Mall in Vancouver ;-) Con: nothing

I really enjoyed my peaceful stay here after 2 nights in a downtown hostel. The bed was clean and comfortable, the wifi worked, and overall it was just a great time. I felt safe and secure and I'd like to thank the staff for that. Do keep in mind that it is in zone 2 of BC Transit so getting anywhere downtown and back will cost you an add-on fare.I highly recommend this comfortable and quiet hostel for the weary traveller.

A bit far from the city center but close to the skytrain.

1 2 Next » last »