Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, New York, USA

I stayed 7 days in YMCA hostel. About localization is perfect, structure is good too. I stayed in a private room despite is small. This hostel has swimming, gym and laundry. I think that for this price the YMCA is perfect!!

• 12th Nov 2013

Staff weren't pleasant charged us more than the amount hostel world sent on email..staff didn't listen when we were explaining and showing the email of how much we suppose to pay she insisted her /their own way how to pay and they said they don't care about the hostel world email...I said I need to talk to manage she said not until tomorrow spoke to manager and did help at all he said he will fax the email back to hostel world ..the front desk charged me $75 more..and only refunded $45..:(

• Philippines

The room is pretty small but it's still ok for me becuase i'm not spend time much in the room.

• Thailand

We were in room with bunker bed . The Room was so small That we couldnt stand up the two of us at the same time . The location was grear but no club or bars around . Room very clean . There was two wonferful swimming pool Wich was great after a long journey

• 9th Nov 2013

The main reason to stay at here comes down to just location and price. If you're just basically planning on crashing at the hotel at night its great. The rooms are extremely small (maybe 10 ft by 6 ft) and meant for sleeping and not much else. The mattresses are covered in plastic as well so not super comfy but the sheets were fresh and clean. There is a kitchen, lounge, and laundry available but all of those are bare bones. In a nutshell - a very good location for the price

Dirty showers and bathroom. Too hot in the room at night, and window did not open. Staff said to turn down the heat, but nothing happened.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Norway

If it's your first time in NYC in a short-budge trip it's a great place to stay, by the proximity of the important places to see.

Very rude security staff after the front desk closes. Had to make a complaint at the time. Otherwise clean and a great spot close to subway.

• 6th Nov 2013

The security guys at the front desk are very rude. The first night one lady was yelling at us "stop the elevator, get out of the elevator" she told us that we needed to show the key card before entering, we had already showed it... The second night the same but this time was a guy. When we wanted to go to the lobby bathroom the same guy made fun of us because we didn't know how the door worked, we had to wait until he pushed the bottom to open it and he made fun of us because of that.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The room had bunk beds, very small, but the room is not important for me. I only had to share the room with one person, my tralvel partner. The showers/bathroom was right down the hall and I never had to wait for the shower. They have 2 extra showers in the hall with door locks and another shower in the large bathroom. It had a great location because it was right down the street from grand central station and I could walk to a lot of attractions from the location.Nice staff!

• 5th Nov 2013

Very small room and a lot of noise. The bed was really bad. Location was great but for 120 dollar a night for 2p I'd rather took a better hostel outside Manhattan.

• 4th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location is great but that's pretty much it. The room was extremely tiny-there was hardly any space for our luggage. Very unpersonal hostel and not really clean.

Doors are very loud. If anyone opens their door around your room you will hear it and it will wake you up. You Will need earplugs to sleep. Bathrooms and showers require renovations. There were 4 showers on my floor, 2 per shower room. The showers had no privacy they were just 2 shower heads next to each other in a small room. Location is ok but still a long walk to the nearest subway on 51st and Lexington or 53rd and 3rd. My stay was decent but I wouldn't stay here again.

Would have like a heavier blanket and firmer pillows.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Israel

Great place! Nice staff! Good location.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

The location was great, I can just walk to 5th Ave. and time square in 10-15 mins, but when we arrived the hostel, one of the lady in the front desk was rude, she was keep on talking to other ppl and kept us waiting, she even told us that she had no money for change but she changed our bills to changes after, what's wrong with her?!! other staff were friendly. They required 2 bucks for each bag if you wanna keep it storage.

I was there in late October and it was very cold. The heater was very loud and lots of water came out from the machine. It was turned on only 1-2 hours a day which was not enough.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Thailand

The staff can be a bit more courteous, I understand that it's not the Ritz but they did not have to be nonchalant and off putting for towards customers...

• 20th Oct 2013