Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

I went for the fourth time at YMCA Vanderbilt NYC, during the week-end 17-18-19 of may. It was OK but I did contact the YMCA for a especial room and when I arrived, no notes were in my reservations. Also, usually the cleanliness is good but this time, in 3 days, the restrooms wasn't done (garbages/sink)... lots of hair ine the bed that wasn't our... room 1057... very small. Difficult to circulate in the room with our lugages.

• 17th May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have sent a response to your email address.

Room floor is not very clean

• 16th May 2014
  • China

Hi, thank you for your review. We apologize if you were not happy with the cleanliness of the room floor. Please feel free next time you stay with us, to discuss any concerns with a staff member. We will be happy to assist you.

This hostel is excellent value for money in a great location, awesome home base for New York adventures. Facilities available to backpackers (gym and pools) were great. Staff were civil but very busy, if you expect to be waited upon hand and foot then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again next time you visit New York.

A nice place for a quick tour around town. Great location, close to Grand Central. The concierge was very helpful. Rooms are small, but it's quiet and clean enough. Enjoyed it, would stay again!

The location is great on the 47th street. The rooms is very small, but sufficient for the price and the location. The shared bathrooms are bad but it works. The gym is really great.

I will talk about something I didn't like first: 1. Two dollars paper bills for using the computer 2. $2 to store the baggage after you check-out (free when you checkin) 3. The bed Something I like: 1. The location! 2. The gym is good

• 7th May 2014
  • China

Amazing location in an amazing city. The facilities are pretty basic and could do with some modernising but as a place to lay your head and recover from the streets and atmosphere of NYC it does the job.

Good location. Stayed twice and one room was waaaay better than the other, but they cost the same.

The location was fantastic to get out and about and see New York. Can't fault the value for money. Small rooms but clean and tidy. The only dampener were a few of the staff who couldn't obscure their hatred for their job/tourists. But you can't have it all! Would stay again if on a budget.

• 3rd May 2014

Hi, thank you for taking to the time to write a review. We are glad you think the location is fantastic and good value for your money. We are sorry if the staff were not helpful. We pride ourselves in great guest services and I will let the staff know how it appears to our guests. We hope to see you again.

Security and location is excellent. Room cleanliness and bed quarity wasnt good.

• 1st May 2014
  • Japan

I stayed last weekend. Location is perfect (in relation to price), near Grand Central Station. My room was on 10 floor, and for men there are a shower room and a restroom (with two WC, one of them for handicapped, one urinary, and two sinks). Hot water 24 hours. I guess that women facilities are similar. Room was cleaned on Friday (not on Saturday). Guests are admited to gym and pool but I did not have any time for them (snif!). One problem: some teenage guests: they were noise and dirty.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have many groups of teens staying with us at any given time. Please let us know next time you visit and we will be try to put you on a floor with no teens groups if available. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Men's toilets - no lock on shower and ran out of paper towels every day.

• 28th Apr 2014

The rooms were straight out of the 1970s, but the gym facilities were futuristic all the way. The staff were amazing- so pleasant, even when I got locked out, even when I came back in the wee hours, always friendly, always smiling, always looking to make sure that yes, indeed, these were guests. The location was superb.

• 27th Apr 2014

the staff is very rude an unconsidered.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

The employees were very helpful and the location is really, really good. Just a few blocks from Times Square and all the popular stuff in New York. The accommodations are small, but very secure and well cleaned. You get clean towels everyday and there are also blankets available. The bathrooms are also very clean. I'll definitely stay there when I get back to NYC.

• 25th Apr 2014

We didn't have any problems staying at the Vanderbilt. It had great location only a 5-10 min walk from Grand Central or the 51st subway station. There were 4 or 5 places for breakfast that were close. The front desk people were friendly and never had a issue with security. The rooms were small but we didn't spend time in them other than sleeping so wasn't a big deal at all. It is the cheapest place I could find and would recommend it to anyone going to NY.

• 25th Apr 2014

tv remote was broken when i came in and asked for a replacement. it took 6 days. ac in the room was broken as well, no air conditioning and loud when working. hostel security decided to break into my room one morning while i was sleeping (without knocking first) for security reasons, finding nothing else but my heartattack. the room itself was small and unconfortable, bathrooms are almost decent (not every day though). there are better places in manhattan for the same (huge) amount of money.

• 24th Apr 2014

Apart from this rating, i was subjected to robbery

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Egypt

Employees are not helpful, even it looks like you disturb all the time. The exception is the concierge, he is very nice. But receptionist and specially night employees are unfriendly and edges. The room is sooo small and the bed is not very comfortable.I have not find the room very clean. The shower in the floor is very poor, and is the only one for all the floor, unbelievable!!!! The best is the place where is located.

• 18th Apr 2014