Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

The hotel was very good an well situates

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Spain

I enjoyed my stay. There are however two concerns: 1. The concierge is rather impatient - i really think he could explain things better and patiently. If I ask you how to get to WTC you just don't say 43rd street because as a tourist, I don't know NY and therefore don't have any clue where 43rd street is. 2. The front desk could be friendlier - for example, my key stopped working. I phone the front desk and all the lady said come down stairs as opposed to let me bring you another key

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • South Africa

We had 3 nights at Vanderbilt, which has an excellent location. Also, just on the other side of the street there is a great breakfast place, Bread & Butter. Staying at Vanderbilt was ok, although staff not the most friendly. Room cleaners also by mistake snapped my own white towel. We can definitely recommend Vanderbilt though, not at least because of its location.

Great location, for rooms they are an extra bathroom. But for swimming pool, you need swimming cap (your own or for 20 dollars). Rooms clean, an elevator. The best choice for stay in New York. We enjoyed it.

Staff at the check in counter were extremely rude. Didn't have my reservation then told me it was my fault for contacting them directly to change it. Argued with me and laughed after I'd waited for 6 hours for my room. Room was basic and tidy, cable tv. Bathrooms were clean and private. Great location, really easy to get to everything, walking distance to Central Park and Times Square.

I´LL REPEAT IF I COME BACK TO NYC. I THINK THAT THE LOCATION IS PERFECT, AND THE HOSTEL IS GOOD. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT THE BATHROOM ARE A LITTLE BIT OLD.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Spain

The rooms are EXTREMELY small. The kitchen has NO cutlery and NO dishwashing detergent. We had to wash the pots and pans used with just water wich is very unsanitary.

Avoid the queeny guy on the front desk - very rude and unwelcoming. Try and go for the lady who sits next to him on the front desk.

it was very good

• 14th Sep 2013
  • India

Everything was top notch!

Great location; it is really close to everything. I enjoyed the swimming pool, too. The lightning in the room was horrendous. Overall a good place to stay, terribly expensive, but everything is expensive in NY.

• 10th Sep 2013
  • Chile

This hostel is clean, quiet, comfortable bed, bathroom facilities is adequate, good laundry facilities (although a coin machine would be helpful, as reception doesn't change them for you). I think the security is good, but the young male security guards are very arrogant. Not bad for the price.

Very good location.

• 7th Sep 2013
  • Japan

The Vanderbilt Y was a little bit strange for us, who had never stayed in a Y before. It was clean an safe and the location is quiet close to many attractions an Metro-Stations. We stayed in a 2 bed bunk-room which had the size of a closet. Moving around in the room as two was impossible so one of us had to stay in the bed while the other was moving ;-)

very bad beds didn't have a good nights at all. gym was good.

• 6th Sep 2013

Reception staff very friendly. great gym attached to accommodation. Individual rooms were small but clean. Questionable vetillation. Bathrooms were not great at all.

It's a 30 minute walk from Penn Station. The walk is very safe, even at night- I was often out around 11 pm -midnight and felt safe. There is no (or sometimes flaky) wifi in the rooms, but the wifi in the lobby works well. The room is tiny, but mine was clean. It is a budget hotel rather than a hostel. I have read complaints about noisy AC but mine was fine (just don't crank it up all the way.)

It is a very good place to stay for see NY

• 5th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Very small room. Dust in the room. Dirty shower.

• 5th Sep 2013
  • Romania

The stay is globally positive but the fact that we had to wait one hour because the private room we were supposed to have was occupied by someone at 8:00 pm, is not normal. And no one apologized for making us wait that long. This is a basic rule of politeness.