Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

Great location and nice private rooms for an affordable price. You can use the gym and swimming pool. The mattress wasnt really good, however.

Great stay!

• 12th Oct 2013

The room was extremely cold, no heating. In the kitchen no a single spoon or cup, after complaining they put plastic cups and spoons, knives, etc. No coffe maker neither.

• 11th Oct 2013

It took long to check in. I was advised to sit and wait. Bathrooms are horrible. Shower curtain is smaller than needed... People can see you from outside. No clean space to place stuff, a bench inside wet area, receiving all the water, impossible to be used!

• 11th Oct 2013

Hotel location is nice. Staff behaviour is terrible. You have to stay in a line for check-in and check-out as the place is very busy. Rooms are small and noisy because of air conditioning out side the room.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Iran

I really enjoy my stay there, the staff was really nice and polite. If you dont spend a lot of money on your hotel and want to be close to Time square is definitely the place to be.

The Vanderbilt offers clean, basic rooms with good security and an excellent location. The bathroom facilities are also basic but clean. I recommend taking ear plugs as the air-con, fridge and street noise combines to be pretty noisy. The beds are comfortable and the hostel is secure.

• 9th Oct 2013

Great deal! Exercice room, a lot of rooms so every one could find a place to stay. Very nice staff. Good location. Must go

• 7th Oct 2013

The location was fantastic, the gym was fantastic too. the rooms were basic, not the best condition but serviceable, clean and inexpensive...... honestly no complaints from me

• 5th Oct 2013

One of the best hostels I have been. Very well located and safe. For sure, next time in NYC I am going to stay there.

Really good location! Staff was welcoming and helpfull. A person in the entrance is even in charge to give you advices for your trip (transport, events, spectacles...restaurants!)

• 4th Oct 2013

Our room was very small but clean.

• 4th Oct 2013

Stayed there for three nights and it was ok. The rooms are really small but this is what you get for the price you pay. There are some shops and markets nearby to buy some food or get ready meals. Gym facility was great!

This is a great bargain and I will definitely stay there again.

• 4th Oct 2013

TV works well, the bed is confortable, there are drawers and few hangers to put the clothes. The extra services are great: high-end gym and swimming pool. I didnt like the bathrooms: there are two showers side by side, and it's not possible to lock the door, so you will eventually share the shower with another guest. Not a big problem, but for the timid ones it may be a little uncomfortable. The internet didnt work well inside my room, so I had to go to the common area in 1st fl to use it.

I had a very pleasant stay in this hostel ! Ideal situation, near from facilities. Quiet & tidy place ! Not so expensive for an hostel in Manhattan :) Employees were so welcoming and nice . Attentive and efficient to enquiries, in fact I asked for an individual and refurbished room and I had it :) thanks for this :) when I'll come back to New York, I'll book in this hostel. I'll also recommend it to my friends for their stay !!! The room was so comfortable :) Excellent services offered !!! ;)

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Ludivine75

The staff of Vanderbilt YMCA hostel should really learn how to be kind and usefull sometimes. The hotel and its location are good for the price but the staff sucks...

This hostel is pretty good, but I had lots of problems with the wi-fi network.

• 3rd Oct 2013

I had a pleasant stay. I stayed two times during 2 weeks of being in the States, en route to and from a friend's wedding. I was seeking something bang in the middle of Manhattan and I pretty much got it. The room can be shabby if you were expecting 3* plus but I slept alright - brought me back to my student days. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Warning to the guys tho - I stayed on two different floors. Sixth floor bathroom is ok but fifth floor bathroom stinks like a sewer.