Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

The room had bunk beds, very small, but the room is not important for me. I only had to share the room with one person, my tralvel partner. The showers/bathroom was right down the hall and I never had to wait for the shower. They have 2 extra showers in the hall with door locks and another shower in the large bathroom. It had a great location because it was right down the street from grand central station and I could walk to a lot of attractions from the location.Nice staff!

• 5th Nov 2013

Very small room and a lot of noise. The bed was really bad. Location was great but for 120 dollar a night for 2p I'd rather took a better hostel outside Manhattan.

• 4th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location is great but that's pretty much it. The room was extremely tiny-there was hardly any space for our luggage. Very unpersonal hostel and not really clean.

Doors are very loud. If anyone opens their door around your room you will hear it and it will wake you up. You Will need earplugs to sleep. Bathrooms and showers require renovations. There were 4 showers on my floor, 2 per shower room. The showers had no privacy they were just 2 shower heads next to each other in a small room. Location is ok but still a long walk to the nearest subway on 51st and Lexington or 53rd and 3rd. My stay was decent but I wouldn't stay here again.

Would have like a heavier blanket and firmer pillows.

• 30th Oct 2013
  • Israel

Great place! Nice staff! Good location.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Colombia

The location was great, I can just walk to 5th Ave. and time square in 10-15 mins, but when we arrived the hostel, one of the lady in the front desk was rude, she was keep on talking to other ppl and kept us waiting, she even told us that she had no money for change but she changed our bills to changes after, what's wrong with her?!! other staff were friendly. They required 2 bucks for each bag if you wanna keep it storage.

I was there in late October and it was very cold. The heater was very loud and lots of water came out from the machine. It was turned on only 1-2 hours a day which was not enough.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Thailand

The staff can be a bit more courteous, I understand that it's not the Ritz but they did not have to be nonchalant and off putting for towards customers...

• 20th Oct 2013

If you get a room in an opposite end of tyhe corridor to the bathroom, then you have long way to walk... A bit noisy at night (street, fans)

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Our twin room was tiny! Lots of school kids around - they had a tendency to gather in the bathrooms, rather annoying when we wanted to use them. The housekeeper on our floor (level 10) seemed to spend more time texting and chatting on her iPhone than cleaning, and one morning she walked into our room even though we clearly had a "do not disturb' sign on our door (probably distracted by her iPhone). Loved being able to use the gym facilities downstairs though.

Couldn't get any of the soda machines to work, either with cash or with a credit card. Ceiling light a bit dim. Nowhere to hang or lay things (glasses, washcloth, towel) within the shower area.

• 16th Oct 2013

Price of a single room with no bathroom or toilet is outrageous but if you want to stay in Manhattan without breaking the bank it's something you have to tolerate.

• 16th Oct 2013

Very nice place. The facilities (gym, pool, sauna) are excellent and the bedroom is way much better and clean than I expected. The assistance of the employees was very good too

It was cheap enough (by comparison) that made it worthwhile.

It was really a nice experience and will use this again.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • India

Great location and nice private rooms for an affordable price. You can use the gym and swimming pool. The mattress wasnt really good, however.

Great stay!

• 12th Oct 2013

The room was extremely cold, no heating. In the kitchen no a single spoon or cup, after complaining they put plastic cups and spoons, knives, etc. No coffe maker neither.

• 11th Oct 2013

It took long to check in. I was advised to sit and wait. Bathrooms are horrible. Shower curtain is smaller than needed... People can see you from outside. No clean space to place stuff, a bench inside wet area, receiving all the water, impossible to be used!

• 11th Oct 2013