Vanderbilt YMCA Reviews

224 East 47th St., NY 10017, New York, USA

Very good hostel! Great location! Clean and safe! Inside the rooms it was a little bit noisy sometimes!

• 10th Dec 2013

Great value for money in central New York.

• 8th Dec 2013

Ok place... Bed was very bad, room was very small ....

• 5th Dec 2013

Good bed, quiet room, Alexander at front desk very helpful, The location can not be beat , as it is near Lexington & 54Th St. Subway, where you can catch the JFK airport express

Is a big hostel and very clean, everything. The hostel is 4 or 5 blocks from Times Square. I stayed in private room, is small, but for me, was enough. The workers are very nice, and the place too.

• 27th Nov 2013

Regardless of how much somewhere costs or any other detail - the one thing people need above anything else is the facility to sleep. To expect an adult to be able to sleep on a bed that is of a more suitable size for maybe a 13 year old kid is nothing short of embarrassing, or at least it should be if it weren't for the cold arrogance that oozed out of the staff at the Vanderbilt YMCA, NY. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

the double bed is really uncomfortable. there should be a layer of wood instead of the wires down the little mattress. other tan that its all good

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The staff at the reception and security entrance are very rude and not helpfull at all. I approached on several occasions to ask about facilities and I was ignored and after several "excuse me"s, they attended to me.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Iraq

The pool should be open longer. We enjoyed our stay, as usual.

Very central, clean, swimming pool sauna .

I stayed 7 days in YMCA hostel. About localization is perfect, structure is good too. I stayed in a private room despite is small. This hostel has swimming, gym and laundry. I think that for this price the YMCA is perfect!!

• 12th Nov 2013

Staff weren't pleasant charged us more than the amount hostel world sent on email..staff didn't listen when we were explaining and showing the email of how much we suppose to pay she insisted her /their own way how to pay and they said they don't care about the hostel world email...I said I need to talk to manage she said not until tomorrow spoke to manager and did help at all he said he will fax the email back to hostel world ..the front desk charged me $75 more..and only refunded $45..:(

• Philippines

The room is pretty small but it's still ok for me becuase i'm not spend time much in the room.

• Thailand

We were in room with bunker bed . The Room was so small That we couldnt stand up the two of us at the same time . The location was grear but no club or bars around . Room very clean . There was two wonferful swimming pool Wich was great after a long journey

• 9th Nov 2013

The main reason to stay at here comes down to just location and price. If you're just basically planning on crashing at the hotel at night its great. The rooms are extremely small (maybe 10 ft by 6 ft) and meant for sleeping and not much else. The mattresses are covered in plastic as well so not super comfy but the sheets were fresh and clean. There is a kitchen, lounge, and laundry available but all of those are bare bones. In a nutshell - a very good location for the price

Dirty showers and bathroom. Too hot in the room at night, and window did not open. Staff said to turn down the heat, but nothing happened.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Norway

If it's your first time in NYC in a short-budge trip it's a great place to stay, by the proximity of the important places to see.

Very rude security staff after the front desk closes. Had to make a complaint at the time. Otherwise clean and a great spot close to subway.

• 6th Nov 2013

The security guys at the front desk are very rude. The first night one lady was yelling at us "stop the elevator, get out of the elevator" she told us that we needed to show the key card before entering, we had already showed it... The second night the same but this time was a guy. When we wanted to go to the lobby bathroom the same guy made fun of us because we didn't know how the door worked, we had to wait until he pushed the bottom to open it and he made fun of us because of that.

• 5th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The room had bunk beds, very small, but the room is not important for me. I only had to share the room with one person, my tralvel partner. The showers/bathroom was right down the hall and I never had to wait for the shower. They have 2 extra showers in the hall with door locks and another shower in the large bathroom. It had a great location because it was right down the street from grand central station and I could walk to a lot of attractions from the location.Nice staff!

• 5th Nov 2013