Vardar Family Pension Reviews

Ataturk Mah., Sahabeddindede Cad. No: 9, Selcuk, Turkey

Close to bus station, staffs are very friendly.

I made the mistake of booking for the wrong date. Soon afterwards I emailed the hotel to move the booking forward by one day. 2 emails later after also copying hostelworld in nothing happened. Never got a reply.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Close to the bus station. Good hostel by a family.

it was a great stay there with the vadar family. i wish i can stay there again in the future. the location is extremely convenient, near the bus station and the tourist attractions. plenty of restaurants around. the vadar family was amazing and they prepared great breakfast for us. RECOMMENDED!!

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

good staff and very clean hostel. very very close to the bus stop.

Would return.

• 25th Jun 2013

This was more like staying in a comfortable and well-maintained home of one's friends.in a small and interesting town. We were driven out of town to another property where we enjoyed an excellent meal (for which we paid). A pleasant friendly atmosphere with various members of the family carrying out their different roles. The title accurately reflects the nature of this hostel. We much enjoyed staying here.

a simple and cute pension managed by an old couple. the host speaks a little English, but enough to understand each other. one of their daughters has a pension at a great location up in the hills with a swimming pool. she offers a delicious dinner which definitely worth the money. do not miss it! we went by walk to Ephesus which is not very far. however the entrance fee is way to much! 25 TL!

We really enjoyed our stay here. The location is great and very close to the bus station. The breakfast is very good as well! We had a nice room complete with a beautiful little balcony that we really enjoyed. The family who runs the place is very nice but don't totally understand that hostelword.com takes 10% of the payment in advance. They spoke limited English so we had trouble communicating this. All around great place to stay and we would definitely stay there again!

nice breakfast

The stuff there are very good, the old man is very very kind to help me carry the heavy luggage althouth I insisted to carry it myself. Many thanks to him.

This famiy run hotel is very friendly and all family have basic english and are very helpful. Located ın centre of town, it is walkıng distance from everything. Owner, Savel, goes out of her way to assist.,

Need to have the officer who can speak English. There is only old woman, maybe owner mother, to contact.

Good hostel but the internet wasn´t workin properly.

• 20th Aug 2012
  • Spain

We stayed here 1 day. The family is very kind and helpfully! They can speak English. There is a possibility to use a wonderful swimming pool not far from the hostel. Yo can go there by a dolmus. Really worth to try it! Nice views to the mountains. The breakfast is included, good but not much. Fix portion. Anyway it is so close to the bus station. Only few minutes on foot, excellent. Watch out the description of the rooms, because not every room has an airconditioning!

Among the 6 hotels I stayed in my 15 day tour of Turkey, I think Vardar is the best. All family members were friendly, who would greet you each time you came in. I was especially moved, just at the time when I left the family pension, the woman-in-charge called me to halt from the other side of the street and gave me a fig, when she just drove her car home. I felt warm. Besides, the hotel is very good for value and very convenient in shopping, eating and moving around.

I booked a single room ensuite (45TL), but was given one with a shared bath (35TL). I didn't say anything as I would deal with it at checkout. When I mentioned it to the owner, she only offered a 10TL discount, when in fact it should have been 30TL. This is not a lot of money we're talking about and I didn't make to make a huge issue about it, but it shows the character of the owner. In a negative way, in my opinion. At this pension, deal with issues immediately. Otherwise, a good stay.

A great little pension, perfect if you are looking for something calm. It's literally two blocks from the bus station and walking distance to everything you want/need in Selcuk. Breakfast was standard and served on the roof terrace with great views of the Basilica on the hill. The family who runs it was very helpful with transport advice etc. Cleanest bathrooms we've come across in months, and hot water shower with good pressure. All rooms have balconies with laundry lines and strong wifi.

We enjoyed our stay and breakfast on the roof was a plus.

I had a great time here and wished I could have stayed for longer. The other guests were interesting and fun to talk to at meals. I attended a delicious dinner at the owner's house in the beautiful countryside. My room was spotless.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5