Vatan Otel Reviews

Anafartalar caddesi no:628 izmir, Izmir, Turkey

The room I was in was very small, what I can accept, but what I didn´t like was that the sheets were dirty, as well as the shower. The bathroom, besides, have some broken pieces, which was not very nice. On the other hand, and as something positive, the air condition worked very good. The remote control of the TV didn´t work, but it was not a problem for me because I didn´t use the tv. The owner and his son (specially his son) were nice with me.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Spain

I booked a twin room (meaning 2 beds) with an ensuite bathroom for 1 night. We checked in. When we got to the room, there was only 1 bed. We asked about the other bed and staff said they are all booked. I asked what does that have to do with my reservation that was made in June. The conversation went from bad to worse. Management was rude and unapologetic. They would not admit fault and my friend and I had to share the 1 bed. I will NEVER stay here again.

Hotel is in an area with lots of local shops. Hotel staff speak enough English to get by. Room fairly small but comfortable. Excellent value for money if you consider that you have an ensuite private room for the price of a dorm bed in a hostel.

Good hotel, cheap. But the most little home we ever had for 2 people during 3 weeks in Turkey. It was impossible to open 2 baggages in the room. We had to open on the bed. WC & Shower also small! But cheap and clean. There is a very cute peroquet at the reseption.

Considering this was a substitute for staying in a hostel, it was a good deal. The ability to have a private room for around the same price as other hostels was quite nice. As a hotel though, not a place I would go. I ended up going twice, on my 2 stops in Izmir. The rooms are small, bathrooms basic and facilities limited, but like I said, it's this or a hostel? The staff during some of the hours was ok, but the nightime guys barely gave me toilet paper...

The young guy on the reception was really weird. He looked like he was the son of the owner, due to the facts that the other normal staff was tolerating his absurdness. I asked him two simple questions and after answering the first question very kindly, he got really mad and upset with no reason (maybe he was bothered) like a psychopath. I wasnt even mad, I was so confused to be mad and kinda funny to see a man go 180° upside down on his mood. The breakfast was no good too

We stayed here as a stop over before flying out of turkey. We arrived at the hotel and the staff were friendly but their English was very poor! I don't think they get many tourists. It is in the worst part of town and according to wiki travel is dangerous even during the day. I would not recommend this hotel if you are travelling by yourself or with just girls as we were so uncomfortable and ended up locking ourselves in our room for the duration of our stay. Don't stay here!

• 10th Jul 2014

The room was well decorated although a bit small. The staff was very friendly and as helpful as possible. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings was great!

Power kept shorting out when charging my phone. Really great staff who were concerned for a solo travellers safety. Breakfast good, location good, fantastic value!

The room and bathroom are very small. The bathroom smells like cauliflower with no ventilation. Dishes and tables in the restaurant for breakfast were dirty, but the breakfast was nice though. Many people smoking inside the hotel. The hotel was hard to find. Most of the staff was nice.

Located in the shopping district, close to everything. Nice breakfast, rooms with air-con, clean. The staff, however, treats you like you are a stupid. They try to push for their own name and lie. When asked about local hammam, they lied that it's only male and continued to promote their own. Having done my research before, that was unacceptable. Also, they have an annoying parrot in the reception which is very loud. Wifi works fine though.

I had a very nice stay at Vatan Otel in Izmir. It is a lovely place and the staff is really friendly. My room was great and the street is full of little things to do and discover. I can recommed it indeed!

the hotel was clean , and the staff was helpful. the hotel was nice considering the price.

It was an excellent and cozy place.