Vatan Otel Reviews

Anafartalar caddesi no:628 izmir, Izmir, Turkey

Hostel situated in the center of Izmir, in area of most visited attractions (The Agora, Clock Tower, Konak Square, Sinagogue street...), close to sea side. Tidy and really cosily place to stay, equipped with lot of useful technologies. Small rooms, but really neat. Hot water. Large entrance hall with tv, comfortable sofas. Whole assortment pleasant to the eye. Breakfast in the morning. We really enjoyed our staying.

Clean, quiet nice room and good looking foyer. Great value for price for a private room. Bed was good and both heater and hot shower worked.

I stayed with my sister for one night on the way to island hop. Our room was much nicer than we expected with 2 beds, a/c, tv,

The room I was in was very small, what I can accept, but what I didn´t like was that the sheets were dirty, as well as the shower. The bathroom, besides, have some broken pieces, which was not very nice. On the other hand, and as something positive, the air condition worked very good. The remote control of the TV didn´t work, but it was not a problem for me because I didn´t use the tv. The owner and his son (specially his son) were nice with me.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Spain

I booked a twin room (meaning 2 beds) with an ensuite bathroom for 1 night. We checked in. When we got to the room, there was only 1 bed. We asked about the other bed and staff said they are all booked. I asked what does that have to do with my reservation that was made in June. The conversation went from bad to worse. Management was rude and unapologetic. They would not admit fault and my friend and I had to share the 1 bed. I will NEVER stay here again.

Hotel is in an area with lots of local shops. Hotel staff speak enough English to get by. Room fairly small but comfortable. Excellent value for money if you consider that you have an ensuite private room for the price of a dorm bed in a hostel.

Good hotel, cheap. But the most little home we ever had for 2 people during 3 weeks in Turkey. It was impossible to open 2 baggages in the room. We had to open on the bed. WC & Shower also small! But cheap and clean. There is a very cute peroquet at the reseption.