Vatan Otel Reviews

Anafartalar caddesi no:628 izmir, Izmir, Turkey

When we arrived the staff told us there were no rooms available to rent until people checked out at midday. An hour or so later after waiting in the lobby, the staff informed us that a room had - magically - become available. We soon realised that this room was clearly one which was never used because compared to the rooms advertised in the photos it was very bad. There were no windows, the bed sheet had holes in it, there were cracks in the wall due to damp and the floor was still wet.

• 15th Aug 2015

Fine for a short stay but we were kept awake all night by dogs howling.

The owners son was defensive and abusive as he hadn't looked at my booking he advised me to find another hotel, after I showed him my confirmed booking he reluctantly put me in a filthy room with dirty mirrors and bathroom. His staff apologized for him but were unable to do anything. After the first night I moved to a beautiful hotel for a couple of dollars more If you are thinking of this hotel don't stay there.

This is the worst hotel/hostel I have ever been. The bathroom is not clean. Water is not hot. The bed is not comfortable so I can't sleep well. The air-con didn't work. The breakfast had few choices. Only one staff can speak in English. The hotel is far from Basmane Metro station and the street it is located is quite complicated and unsafe for girls at night. I didn't see any backpackers to visit. I think this is really not for backpackers.

Wonderful staff!

Mould in the bathroom. Strange neighborhood but location otherwise ok. Breakfast just average.

You should visit this hotel at least for it's foyer. Other than this - decent rooms, good staff, good breakfast in a central location.