Vatan Otel Reviews

Anafartalar caddesi no:628 izmir, Izmir, Turkey

The young guy on the reception was really weird. He looked like he was the son of the owner, due to the facts that the other normal staff was tolerating his absurdness. I asked him two simple questions and after answering the first question very kindly, he got really mad and upset with no reason (maybe he was bothered) like a psychopath. I wasnt even mad, I was so confused to be mad and kinda funny to see a man go 180° upside down on his mood. The breakfast was no good too

We stayed here as a stop over before flying out of turkey. We arrived at the hotel and the staff were friendly but their English was very poor! I don't think they get many tourists. It is in the worst part of town and according to wiki travel is dangerous even during the day. I would not recommend this hotel if you are travelling by yourself or with just girls as we were so uncomfortable and ended up locking ourselves in our room for the duration of our stay. Don't stay here!

• 10th Jul 2014

Power kept shorting out when charging my phone. Really great staff who were concerned for a solo travellers safety. Breakfast good, location good, fantastic value!

The room and bathroom are very small. The bathroom smells like cauliflower with no ventilation. Dishes and tables in the restaurant for breakfast were dirty, but the breakfast was nice though. Many people smoking inside the hotel. The hotel was hard to find. Most of the staff was nice.

Located in the shopping district, close to everything. Nice breakfast, rooms with air-con, clean. The staff, however, treats you like you are a stupid. They try to push for their own name and lie. When asked about local hammam, they lied that it's only male and continued to promote their own. Having done my research before, that was unacceptable. Also, they have an annoying parrot in the reception which is very loud. Wifi works fine though.

I had a very nice stay at Vatan Otel in Izmir. It is a lovely place and the staff is really friendly. My room was great and the street is full of little things to do and discover. I can recommed it indeed!

the hotel was clean , and the staff was helpful. the hotel was nice considering the price.

It was an excellent and cozy place.