Vatan Otel Reviews

Anafartalar caddesi no:628 izmir, Izmir, Turkey

The owners son was defensive and abusive as he hadn't looked at my booking he advised me to find another hotel, after I showed him my confirmed booking he reluctantly put me in a filthy room with dirty mirrors and bathroom. His staff apologized for him but were unable to do anything. After the first night I moved to a beautiful hotel for a couple of dollars more If you are thinking of this hotel don't stay there.

This is the worst hotel/hostel I have ever been. The bathroom is not clean. Water is not hot. The bed is not comfortable so I can't sleep well. The air-con didn't work. The breakfast had few choices. Only one staff can speak in English. The hotel is far from Basmane Metro station and the street it is located is quite complicated and unsafe for girls at night. I didn't see any backpackers to visit. I think this is really not for backpackers.

Wonderful staff!

Mould in the bathroom. Strange neighborhood but location otherwise ok. Breakfast just average.

You should visit this hotel at least for it's foyer. Other than this - decent rooms, good staff, good breakfast in a central location.

Not the best location, but the hotel, excellent! The presentation, the staff, the room and the cleanliness of the room, perfect. The breakfast was more than I expected. I would definitely stay there again.

• 22nd Feb 2015