Vatan Otel Reviews

Anafartalar caddesi no:628 izmir, Izmir, Turkey

The young guy on the reception was really weird. He looked like he was the son of the owner, due to the facts that the other normal staff was tolerating his absurdness. I asked him two simple questions and after answering the first question very kindly, he got really mad and upset with no reason (maybe he was bothered) like a psychopath. I wasnt even mad, I was so confused to be mad and kinda funny to see a man go 180° upside down on his mood. The breakfast was no good too

We stayed here as a stop over before flying out of turkey. We arrived at the hotel and the staff were friendly but their English was very poor! I don't think they get many tourists. It is in the worst part of town and according to wiki travel is dangerous even during the day. I would not recommend this hotel if you are travelling by yourself or with just girls as we were so uncomfortable and ended up locking ourselves in our room for the duration of our stay. Don't stay here!

• 10th Jul 2014

Power kept shorting out when charging my phone. Really great staff who were concerned for a solo travellers safety. Breakfast good, location good, fantastic value!

The room and bathroom are very small. The bathroom smells like cauliflower with no ventilation. Dishes and tables in the restaurant for breakfast were dirty, but the breakfast was nice though. Many people smoking inside the hotel. The hotel was hard to find. Most of the staff was nice.

Located in the shopping district, close to everything. Nice breakfast, rooms with air-con, clean. The staff, however, treats you like you are a stupid. They try to push for their own name and lie. When asked about local hammam, they lied that it's only male and continued to promote their own. Having done my research before, that was unacceptable. Also, they have an annoying parrot in the reception which is very loud. Wifi works fine though.

I had a very nice stay at Vatan Otel in Izmir. It is a lovely place and the staff is really friendly. My room was great and the street is full of little things to do and discover. I can recommed it indeed!

the hotel was clean , and the staff was helpful. the hotel was nice considering the price.

It was an excellent and cozy place.

The neigborhood is not so pretty but the night is very cheap anyway, besides once you're inside the hotel is very comfortable and nice, helpful staff. I had a nice time.

I liked the atmosphere of the hotel, however the breakfast was a disappointment. There was not enough food and there was a dead roach under the table.

I got extremely sick in Ismir but the staff at this hotel took good care of me! Big thankyou

The area of this hotel was very unsafe, there were prostitutes everywhere, I did not feel comfortable at all. The staff were very creepy.

Decent value for money paid. Hot water didn't work and staff didn't or wouldn't fix burnt out lightbulb. Everything else was Okay. Room was cramped, but you're only paying forty lirab per night. Close to Çankaya Metro station.

Single person room is like a prison cell, there are no windows, room smell like humid and mold due to leakage on ceiling.

room cleanliness should be improved.

• 23rd May 2013

Situated in front of the main road of the bazar, near all the tourist attractions, is a good hotel with kind and helpful staff. Singles rooms are small but quiet, cleaned and with everything you need. Breakfast buffet is good and tipycally turkish, but it could be better with coffee. I found some problems with the wireless.

A very nice hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Great value for money. Improvements: more tourist information. Books about Izmir in reception. Details of Metro, buses etc. Sink plug!

Our room and bathroom were not cleaned well at all. The room was tiny. The hotel did not live up to its pictures. However, the offered a buffet style breakfast, which is good if you are on a budget. For what we payed, we expected a lot more.

Had a fine stay, no major complaints. The room was smaller than expected and the shower did not get hot. However, the AC/heating worked well, bed was large, staff was very helpful and friendly, and a decent free breakfast. Suitable enough location near the Agora in walking distance from Basmane station and the Konak pier.

The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good, but I did not like the ants on it so much. The rooms on the ground floor have private bath but no windows. The hotel description should mention this.