Vedanta Wake up – Varkala Reviews

Helipad Road, Opposite Chempakam Super Market, Near Kochuvilamukku North Cliff, Varkala, India

Cleanliness and budget is the USP. Check in process was quick. Staff was helpful. Rooms and bed was really nice. Loved pleasant environment. I fell sick due to the immense heatstroke but the manager sent a refreshing juice when he found about my condition. And that was of great help. Really looking forward to visit again. Kudos vedanta!

We visit Varkala frequently but it was surprising experience that a hotel of such warm hospitality existed in Varkala. We stayed in one of the double deluxe room and the experience was excellent. The ambience & hospitality is very nice. Food is of excellent quality especially the breakfast. Definitely looking forward to visit again.

Nice hostel, well located

Solid place. As advertised, location is perfect--very short walk to the beach, but far enough away to avoid the bustle. Be warned, the dorm rooms are laughably tiny, so if you're no longer at an age to enjoy slumber parties (or not taking any sleep-aides from the local bar/pharmacy), I'd look into a private room. Overall a fine establishment.

terrible staff. bad atmosphere. your better of staying anywhere else at the rate as well.

Great place to hang out and meet backpackers. 5 mins to the beach. Recommended.

Had a brilliant stay in Varkala here. The hostel is within 5 minutes of the beach and the staff are helpful with travel inquiries.

Ok but probably several better available - overcharged us (e.g. refused to accept our hostel world receipt stating taxes included in the price), indeed with the cost not including breakfast etc this makes the hostel one of the most expensive places we stayed in India (with the shower always being cold etc not really sure how the price is justified). Wifi works and there'll be other travellers around to meet, but I wouldn't recommend given the number of other hostels available

Staff we're very helpful A very enjoyable stay

We really enjoyed staying a Vandante Wake Up. The Manager did everything he could to make our stay as comfortable as possible which was really good. The facilities were well kept and clean. The location is excellent close to beach and retaurants. As a backpacker I choose a place based on facilities available. I cook food myself as it helps save money and I can prepare food in advance not being able to use the kitchen was a bit inconvenient and needs to be specified that you cannot use.

Overall a great hostel but would benefit from some small changes. We stayed in the bamboo hut, which was fine but VERY dark as there's only one small window with no Mosquito netting. Would be better having an extra window and mosquito netting over them. Hostel has great atmosphere and promotes evening activates to meet other people. Be warned though, if they give you a tab be careful! We had an awkward and uncomfortable issue where they tried to charge us for 14 beers when we only had 9!

• 16th Dec 2014

Clean secure room. Facility 5 minutes away from the beach and restaurants. Aneesh was very helpful and accommodating. Staff friendly

The stay here is very nice experience. The staff here is very nice and very friendly. I stayed here for around 15 days and enjoyed stay here. I met traveller from different countries and share our travel experiance, and all staff are very nice in nature and service. Breakfast is also very nice. Thanks .