Velkommen Backpackers Reviews

17 st 144 Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice people clean room no windows very dusty but that was due to road works. Extremely helpful when it came to booking tours and busses, they made the trip alot easier. They wouldn't let me in three days after my stay to eat breakfast and go to the toilet while I waited for my bus which was a real downer.

Excellent hostel in Phnom Penh, very good location and big nice rooms. Friendly staff.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

The staffs are really nice, funny and I feel very welcome to stay. If u need any info, the staffs are happy to help. I am happy with my room and the toilet. Will come back again for sure.

Perfect location, great staff, especially the laid back owner who is often around. Ask him anything!

I would recommend getting a room with a/c, I stayed in a room with only two fans. It was extremely hot. The staff is very friendly and helpful with any question or requests. I wished I had more time to get to know them better.

The hostel was nice to stay in - very empty but this just meant I had a four bed female to myself. Was good for a day whilst waiting for friends as I could see some of the sights like the independence monument - other than that though the tourist attractions are pretty far. As I was only for one night it was a nice area to walk in, discover great places like the JAva cafe/art gallery and generally have a nice time near good food. Not busy enough though so only stayed here one night.

There's ongoing road construction in front of the hostel so it get quite dusty, overall it is a good hostel, except they charge me USD9.50 for a bus to Siem Reap where I just found out it actually cost you just USD6

Rather basic hostel, altough its location is great, so central! Stayed in single room, without any window which didn't feel really nice. Shares Bathrooms was not very clean, there's sand everywhere in the hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. WiFi only works at the bar/reception. Think one can get more in PP for this money.

Thank you for your feedback, we do pride ourselves on a safe, clean & affordable backpackers. At the moment our street has roadworks with water pipes being laid out the front to avoid flooding. This has created a lot dust/sand in the area, unfortunately this has been unavoidable & sand has entered our bar area & bathrooms by guests entering. The road works will be finished shortly. We recently got our internet re-cabled to ensure we have a fast connection working in all rooms. Regards Management

Very nice place, the staff treated us at the door and made sure we were all settled in. We stayed in a private room with ac and a fan and it was much needed! very clean and reasonably priced food and rooms would recommend!!!

That was great get a chance here. Very helpful and full smile staff and owner. The most i like is very strategic location, close to public and important place. Then, excellent and large room, clean.

Great location, friendly host, comfortable beds and hot shower. Narrow stairs are tough with your backpack if you're on the top level. Air con was good considering how hot it was outside. Great value, would stay again!

I had a private room with an ensuite (nice surprise) but it didn't have AC as advertised. The room had no windows. Linens seemed clean although they were stained. The bathroom looked a little sketch and I had to be careful not to leave anything out because there were ants. The 3 nights I was there no cleaning was done (no biggie) but the bathroom trash was never emptied. No safety box and it seemed anyone could get upstairs. Staff were nice but not helpful. Difficult to meet other travelers.

value for money and pleasant staff.

I books for two days and then I decided to stay for another two days, the place is great, good clean beds, the a/c work fine and no limitations for use, the bath are in side the room and very clean. The owner is a nice Australian man.

• 17th Feb 2015

Good location as it was close to the river and the main strip with bars and restaurants but the area is very dirty and full of bars with prostitutes. The BKK area is much nicer further up the river.

Brilliant friendly staff! Booked extra nights through email. Location right on the river next to bars and restaurants. Only downside to hostel I had was the staff were very noisy in the mornings cleaning but as most travellers would be up early anyway it's not really too much of an issue. Shared toilet/shower. Phnom Pehn has a few decent sights but two days is enough to move on.

Hamish (the owner) could not have been more accommodating, full of advice on where to go and what to eat, he and his staff created a warm and sociable atmosphere. A fantastic location right near the sea front and reasonably priced tuk tuks on hand to take you further out make this hostel ideal. I would definitely recommend!