Velkommen Backpackers Reviews

17 st 144 Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

All quite good, except that the shower was cold and there weren't any public computers for use.

It is excellent place to stay! Nice environment, a/c provided, friendly staff,for me so far is the best place to stay in Cambodia!

My husband and I booked a 12-bed mixed dorm for one night. As soon as we walked in, we encountered a poor UK girl crying her eyes out because someone had rifled through her luggage and stolen her envelopes filled with souvenir paper money and coins from various countries she traveled through. It was terrifying. We then learned to lock EVERYTHING in our backpacks in the lockers and locked our backpacks to the bedposts. While security is a bit lacking, the room was well kept. There was AC!

Stayed in a dorm room. Good if you look for a cheap place to stay. Bathroom and dorm was pretty clean, stuff was friendly (but not too interested in giving information), close to riverside with several bars and restaurants and also close to sights (walkingdistance to wat phnom, night market, silver pagoda, national museum,...). Atmosphere in the hostel could have been better...

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Austria

Great location, super friendly staff and I've enjoyed the atmosphere as well. although I've only been there for one night but I'd go back there if I go to phnom penh

Good hostel on a street just off to the riverside. Everything was good although the atmosphere in the restaurant/lobby of Velkommen backpackers could have been better. Personnel is very helpfull.

Good price, friendly and helpful staff, clean beds and towels are provided. Missed some reading lights in the dorm beds as well as more power outlets for charging phones. The dorm was a little messy, but mostly due to travellers leaving heaps of trash all over the room, instead of using the bins.

Great location walking distance to museums and markets. Staff friendly no complaints.

For the price I paid I could have stayed in a nicer place. The location is awesome though but the room is not as nice as in the picture.

Nice place, good food, very friedly staff, perfect location.

Very nice staff! we had a private ensuite and the bathroom was very clean. breakfast is not included, but they have a menu with good prices! excellent location, near everything you should visit. they also arrange daytrips, tuc tuc to/from airport and shuttle to Siem Reap, which is very good. the only thing I would suggest is to improve the wi-fi, because it was very weak and we couldnt use it inside the bedroom. :)

Thanks for the good comment. We have improved our WIFI the last week and we have 4 MB speed daytime 7am. to 7pm. and 8 MB nighttime and weekends. But because of heat, the router sometime fall out. This is fixed in 2 minutes if our staff is informed about it.