Velkommen Backpackers Reviews

17 st 144 Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The power went out and there are no windows in the rooms. staff is friendly and stocked bar

• 18th Nov 2014

The private room I got was so small and had no AC. Had I known about this, I could have gotten a private room for 2 persons with AC. I don't mind paying an extra USD4/night for a little more convenience and space. There are mosquitos in the room. I have been to a few hostels and this is my worst accommodation ever. But to be fair, their private room for 2 is spacious and cozy (but still with mosquitos).

Hostel is a good value for the money. Excellent central location. Dorm rooms are a bit of a climb. Be sure to reserve your room in advance, they charge walk ins more. Staff has trouble communicating and I don't think more enhlish would help. Had a weird experience with one of the male staff, on my last day there, he woild ask for my keys every time I left the hostel....all day long. If you arrive by plane, go outside airport car gate to left. Hang a right on side walk, go 1/2 way down,bus 3.

1. I booked for a single room as I was traveling by myself. The room was not air-conditioned. The room was like a prison cell with a fan. It was suffocating. 2. The door knob was loose and could use some repairing. 3. Location is good. 4. Staff very helpful.

Good location and the shared bathroom was kept very clean. Room was very basic, the whole place could do with a bit of a facelift but it served it's purpose. Staff were friendly and helpful, however for a backpacker hostel, there wasn't much information on things other than the touristy restaurants/bars, so if you want to track down inexpensive local food, do your research before and head to the markets!

Good value for money, great place. The only thing I didnt like is the bar where drinks and meals are quite overpriced in my opinion. Still, everywhere is the same thing... tourists pay 3-12 times more than locals :)

All quite good, except that the shower was cold and there weren't any public computers for use.

It is excellent place to stay! Nice environment, a/c provided, friendly staff,for me so far is the best place to stay in Cambodia!

My husband and I booked a 12-bed mixed dorm for one night. As soon as we walked in, we encountered a poor UK girl crying her eyes out because someone had rifled through her luggage and stolen her envelopes filled with souvenir paper money and coins from various countries she traveled through. It was terrifying. We then learned to lock EVERYTHING in our backpacks in the lockers and locked our backpacks to the bedposts. While security is a bit lacking, the room was well kept. There was AC!

Stayed in a dorm room. Good if you look for a cheap place to stay. Bathroom and dorm was pretty clean, stuff was friendly (but not too interested in giving information), close to riverside with several bars and restaurants and also close to sights (walkingdistance to wat phnom, night market, silver pagoda, national museum,...). Atmosphere in the hostel could have been better...

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Austria

Great location, super friendly staff and I've enjoyed the atmosphere as well. although I've only been there for one night but I'd go back there if I go to phnom penh