Velkommen Backpackers

7.9
Very Good 629 Total Reviews

31st Jan 2017
4.3

Got a single room, no window, stains on the sheets, bathroom barely basic, couldn't event stay with my friend in the dorm. Dorms with too many beds and too many fans, very noisy and my friend had the feeling she was on a rocking boat every single time she moved. Very bad experience but I have to say the location of that hostel is pretty good.

• Macedonia, Female, 31-40
26th Jan 2017

Very conveniently located. Clean. Nice staff. Not a party hostel so it is perfect if you want to relax and chill out. Be ready for some shaky, squeaky beds though :)

23rd Dec 2016
4.3

I reserved a single private room. It turned out to be windowless, unairconditioned, and permeated by the strongest odor of urine I have ever encountered. It was unbearable. Within fifteen minutes I ended up going across the street and getting a decent hotel room. Maybe their hostel bunks are ok, but check the private rooms in person before making any commitment. I didn't even have the fortitude to argue about a refund. I just had to run away from the smell. It was acrid and burning my nostrils.

10th Dec 2016

I stayed 4 nights my first time, and loved it so much, it was my natural choice for an overnight transition stop. Really friendly staff, and you literally cannot ask for a better location in the city! Thanks guys!

• Australia, Couple, 41+
29th Nov 2016

We had a big room but without Windows so it was a bit stuffy. But the air con and fans worked fine. All basic needs were covered and they booked the ticket to Siem Reap for us. Encountered no problems so would recommend this hostel for a short stay.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

Staff were great, helpful in booking bus to Siem reap and then changing bus due to delayed flights. Close by walking to lots of locations, and food. Good value for money - only issue beds were VERY wobbly/squeaky, especially on top bunk! Will stay here again when next in Phnom!

20th Nov 2016

Completely fine place to spend a couple of nights. Central location. Bar kinda lame when I was there, not many people staying I guess. Quiet though, I slept well.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Nov 2016
6.6

Easy to meet people. Cheap food and beer, foosball table was great. Good location right by the river by lots of restaurants. Lots of tuk tuks right outside. Room was on the 3rd floor, soo many stairs and no lift! Lights in the bathroom repeatedly cut out whilst showering. Unhelpful staff when asking about tickets and tours. Beds are a bit dangerous as the ladder and the side bar came off whilst trying to climb up. Beds were loud and whoever sleeps by the lockers will be woken up a lot.

• Morocco, Male, 31-40
5th Nov 2016
7.1

First time I came there was like few years ago and I am back again this year for 3 nights ,nice place on the riverside nothing to complain except the Scottish guy we do not like his behaviour me and many other backpackers hhhh for sure I ll be back ,wifi is good but not much facilities ,beer more expensive than somewhere else ,but still a good place to go .

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
4th Nov 2016

Stayed here one night before going to the beaches. Owners very friendly, comfy bed to sleep in for the night. Enjoyed my stay here.