Velkommen Backpackers Reviews

17 st 144 Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Place to crash for the night, staff was friendly enough. Room had no window so smelt a bit.. Nothing fancy but if your expectations arent high pefectly decent accomidation

a nice hostel located in the heart of the city. the location can't be beat. the staff are really friendly and helpful as well. given that we had a private room, a safe would have been nice ( that seems to be the norm nowadays)...but it's not like you ever felt as though security was an issue...would definitely stay here again.

Great location, very helpful staff and unbeatable price. The room smelled though, and all in all it's very basic accommodation.

Really good hostel. Staff are awesome and location is great. Such good value for money. Thanks

fantastic staff and great location,would recommend!

• 26th Jul 2015

Shower didn't work, got bed bugs, room felt like a bit of a den which was unexpected for the price. Staff were lovely though and the location is great.

Decent place, nothing spectacular, but does the job. We got a bad impression to begin with, since we had to wait forever to get our dorm bed, even though we came after normal check-in time, which was annoying after a very long night in a sleeping bus.

Hamish and his staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. Really nice place to stay in PP. Very cental and all good :) Lovely stay , cheers Hamish

Very welcoming staff, good selection of drinks in bar with good happy hour rates, the street Velkommen is on is pretty filthy but that can't be helped. Close to good restaurants, riverfront, bars and lots of tuk tuk drivers around.

the hotel was very good and very friendly staff ,location near market when we arrived the power was cut off but the owner explained why to no fault of the hotel i can recomment for the budget minded traveler very good i did have the room with double bed very roomy clean and good aircon stay there again

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your feedback, we do pride ourselves on a safe, clean & affordable Backpackers. A power transformer had a fire near the Night Market. Parts of Phnom Penh riverside area lost power, including our hostel. It was a very unfortunate situation that was out of our control. We hope this never occurs again. Thank you, Management

In this district are problems with electricity so fan wasn,t worked, very not good connected iron stuff on upper beds, wich can fall down, staircase a little dangerous, but location is good, clean, for this money is good

I really loved this place. After travelling all night on a horrible hotel bus, it was a welcoming place. The staff were really friendly and went out of their way to help my boyfriend and me. He had sprained his ankle and they helped so much. The dorm is up three flights of stairs, but it's is very spacious. The beds are shakey but safe. Although the ladder is not attached it hooks on as does the side of the top of the bunk. This helps the beds get made. I would go back again.

The best location, amazing staff & good facilities. Nice, reasonably priced bar & reausurant as well.

Great Hostel and location! Very close to the river and Royal Palace. The owner Hamish was a total legend! Very helpful with any questions and great advice. Would definitely recommend this hostel to travels going to Phnom Phen

Nice people clean room no windows very dusty but that was due to road works. Extremely helpful when it came to booking tours and busses, they made the trip alot easier. They wouldn't let me in three days after my stay to eat breakfast and go to the toilet while I waited for my bus which was a real downer.

Excellent hostel in Phnom Penh, very good location and big nice rooms. Friendly staff.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

The staffs are really nice, funny and I feel very welcome to stay. If u need any info, the staffs are happy to help. I am happy with my room and the toilet. Will come back again for sure.

Perfect location, great staff, especially the laid back owner who is often around. Ask him anything!

I would recommend getting a room with a/c, I stayed in a room with only two fans. It was extremely hot. The staff is very friendly and helpful with any question or requests. I wished I had more time to get to know them better.

The hostel was nice to stay in - very empty but this just meant I had a four bed female to myself. Was good for a day whilst waiting for friends as I could see some of the sights like the independence monument - other than that though the tourist attractions are pretty far. As I was only for one night it was a nice area to walk in, discover great places like the JAva cafe/art gallery and generally have a nice time near good food. Not busy enough though so only stayed here one night.