Velkommen Backpackers

7.7
Very Good 637 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
18th Mar 2017

This hostel is nice, safe and located close to river front most of the staff are nice, although some of them are angry all the time. Breakfast is not included so it means is a expensive, just for a room.

9th Mar 2017
7.4

Not for me, but would recommend it for a calm stay in PP. The hostel is an okay place to stay, but we didn't spend any time here other than sleeping. It's not a place to hang out to meet other people, at least not the time we were here. The facilities in general aren't too bad though, it's quiet, the air is good and the showers are nice. The staff is pretty nice too, although, coming back late one night, the receptionist asked if I was drunk, and then tried to follow me back to the room.

31st Jan 2017
4.3

Got a single room, no window, stains on the sheets, bathroom barely basic, couldn't event stay with my friend in the dorm. Dorms with too many beds and too many fans, very noisy and my friend had the feeling she was on a rocking boat every single time she moved. Very bad experience but I have to say the location of that hostel is pretty good.

• Macedonia, Female, 31-40
26th Jan 2017

Very conveniently located. Clean. Nice staff. Not a party hostel so it is perfect if you want to relax and chill out. Be ready for some shaky, squeaky beds though :)

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Jan 2017
4.6

Best 3 things about our stay here; 1. Damp and mould in the room which stunk (our clothes still whiff.) 2. Filthy shared bathroom, also covered in mould. 3. Resident British alco. (Presumably he had a bed but didn't use it, if needed he would pass out on the chair with beer money on his chest to pay the bill.) It's basically a dingy bar with some rooms. We had the bottom floor private double (AVOID) ...so to give some benefit of the doubt the dorms might be much better.

23rd Dec 2016
4.3

I reserved a single private room. It turned out to be windowless, unairconditioned, and permeated by the strongest odor of urine I have ever encountered. It was unbearable. Within fifteen minutes I ended up going across the street and getting a decent hotel room. Maybe their hostel bunks are ok, but check the private rooms in person before making any commitment. I didn't even have the fortitude to argue about a refund. I just had to run away from the smell. It was acrid and burning my nostrils.

10th Dec 2016

I stayed 4 nights my first time, and loved it so much, it was my natural choice for an overnight transition stop. Really friendly staff, and you literally cannot ask for a better location in the city! Thanks guys!

• Australia, Couple, 41+
29th Nov 2016

We had a big room but without Windows so it was a bit stuffy. But the air con and fans worked fine. All basic needs were covered and they booked the ticket to Siem Reap for us. Encountered no problems so would recommend this hostel for a short stay.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

Staff were great, helpful in booking bus to Siem reap and then changing bus due to delayed flights. Close by walking to lots of locations, and food. Good value for money - only issue beds were VERY wobbly/squeaky, especially on top bunk! Will stay here again when next in Phnom!

20th Nov 2016

Completely fine place to spend a couple of nights. Central location. Bar kinda lame when I was there, not many people staying I guess. Quiet though, I slept well.