Velkommen Backpackers Reviews

17 st 144 Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

For the price I paid I could have stayed in a nicer place. The location is awesome though but the room is not as nice as in the picture.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Costa Rica

Nice place, good food, very friedly staff, perfect location.

Very nice staff! we had a private ensuite and the bathroom was very clean. breakfast is not included, but they have a menu with good prices! excellent location, near everything you should visit. they also arrange daytrips, tuc tuc to/from airport and shuttle to Siem Reap, which is very good. the only thing I would suggest is to improve the wi-fi, because it was very weak and we couldnt use it inside the bedroom. :)

No safety box Ants and fleas in the room I had to ask the reception to clean my room. I stayed there one week and they cleaned it only once. Smelly bathroom That was for the bad part. However, the staff was yound and very nice, good chill out area and not too much hostess bars around ;)

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

ok for a stopover

fantastic location...great staff...cheap...good atmosphere...cheap beer...:)

Staffs are friendly. Looks like property has posted the wrong picture and also information when we do the booking. In the picture, it is twin bed and information states that it comes with air-con. When we reach there, it is bunk-bed and it does not comes with air-con. We can't sleep the whole night. The toilet is big. Hot water is inconsistent. The water is unable to drain down in the basin. And the hostel is fully booked. We can't change the room.

No complaints. It is what it says it is.

Great, friendly staff; really made me feel welcome. They were also very helpful with things like arranging tuk-tuk to killing fields and museum, booking buses for onward travel (Siem Reap and Saigon) as well as telling me where to do to get Vietnam visa sorted. Fantastic location in the midst of all the riverfront restaurants, bars and cafes.

The staff were friendly, straightforward and willing to offer advice about our 2 days in Phnom Penh. I felt comfortable at your hostel.

Safe...friendly staff...great location...good food...cheap beer...perfect.

We only stayed here one night but was a good hostel. Staff very friendly and helpful and helped arrange Tuk Tuk for prison and killing fields tour. Bunk beds moved around a bit but plenty of space in dorm room with fans going.

I have booked two 4-beds rooms with private bathrooms but was given a 4 bunk-bed room attached to a 4-beds room with only one private bathroom for 8 person! it is really unfair for us to pay for rooms with private bathroom but ended up with 4 of us have to use the shared bathroom outside!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides, we experienced numerous times of power failure whenever we used the water heater, which we believed it is overloaded!

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Malaysia

Our room was nice, clean and comfy. Staff speak good english. Wifi is only at the lobby. The hotel's $2 breakfast is a bit sad. Noodles sold by old lady outside is really good. Its difficult to buy since she does not speak english. We asked the hotel staff for help and we paid $1. For lunch and dinner take a short wak along the riverside for happy food. You can get beers here at $0.5 instead.