Velkommen Backpackers Reviews

17 st 144 Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great location, friendly host, comfortable beds and hot shower. Narrow stairs are tough with your backpack if you're on the top level. Air con was good considering how hot it was outside. Great value, would stay again!

I had a private room with an ensuite (nice surprise) but it didn't have AC as advertised. The room had no windows. Linens seemed clean although they were stained. The bathroom looked a little sketch and I had to be careful not to leave anything out because there were ants. The 3 nights I was there no cleaning was done (no biggie) but the bathroom trash was never emptied. No safety box and it seemed anyone could get upstairs. Staff were nice but not helpful. Difficult to meet other travelers.

value for money and pleasant staff.

I books for two days and then I decided to stay for another two days, the place is great, good clean beds, the a/c work fine and no limitations for use, the bath are in side the room and very clean. The owner is a nice Australian man.

• 17th Feb 2015

Good location as it was close to the river and the main strip with bars and restaurants but the area is very dirty and full of bars with prostitutes. The BKK area is much nicer further up the river.

Brilliant friendly staff! Booked extra nights through email. Location right on the river next to bars and restaurants. Only downside to hostel I had was the staff were very noisy in the mornings cleaning but as most travellers would be up early anyway it's not really too much of an issue. Shared toilet/shower. Phnom Pehn has a few decent sights but two days is enough to move on.

Hamish (the owner) could not have been more accommodating, full of advice on where to go and what to eat, he and his staff created a warm and sociable atmosphere. A fantastic location right near the sea front and reasonably priced tuk tuks on hand to take you further out make this hostel ideal. I would definitely recommend!

Very good hostel, I just think the fans were too strong for who was in the upper bed.

Lovely hostel, right on the river front! Really friendly staff, willing to help you with everything. The owners are also really cool and up for some banter!! If you want to go out and party and then come back to a good nights sleep, this is the place!! Enjoy- Richard..

The first night the room was so cold! Second night we turned the fans off, but in the middle of the night someone turned the air con off, so it was very hot! Didn't sleep well, but for a 12dorm room was still pretty good. WiFi was working well! Also in the room. Couldn't find a plug that I could use.

The power went out and there are no windows in the rooms. staff is friendly and stocked bar

• 18th Nov 2014

The private room I got was so small and had no AC. Had I known about this, I could have gotten a private room for 2 persons with AC. I don't mind paying an extra USD4/night for a little more convenience and space. There are mosquitos in the room. I have been to a few hostels and this is my worst accommodation ever. But to be fair, their private room for 2 is spacious and cozy (but still with mosquitos).

Hostel is a good value for the money. Excellent central location. Dorm rooms are a bit of a climb. Be sure to reserve your room in advance, they charge walk ins more. Staff has trouble communicating and I don't think more enhlish would help. Had a weird experience with one of the male staff, on my last day there, he woild ask for my keys every time I left the hostel....all day long. If you arrive by plane, go outside airport car gate to left. Hang a right on side walk, go 1/2 way down,bus 3.