Velkommen Guesthouse Reviews

#18 st 144, Riverside, Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Good place to stay in Phnom Penh. Nothing fancy, but worth the money.

We have had a great time staying at this hostel! Our rooms was clean and was made and fresh towels left everyday! , Air conditions was also very effective! Room also came with a fridge We had a great time staying at this hostel the lady running the hostel was also very kind to use and helped us in any way she could! I recommend this hostel for anyone and I had a great time here and will return if I am ever in the area again! :D

Good location and nice staff. The fact that there is no breakfast bothered us much more than we would have thought (but we knew in advance, so definitely not their fault), but one should consider it before booking.

It was a great stay there! The location is in the center of the city. The room is clean and good enough

The guesthouse is in very convenient location: right in center of riverside traveler's area. Excellent access to all sight-seeing places, shopping and arranging your next stop. The room I stayed had a window, but not really a view, but it was clean, and considering the price, it's good value for money. If you are tired of backpacker dorm and want to have a little bit of your space but still budget concerned, this can be your choice.

Good place to stay for a few nights. If the safe deposit box in the room had worked, I would rate the security better. But still a safe place. Staff was great, super fast wifi, decent prices in the restaurant and for tours/bus tickets. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. We did see a few ants around. And if you're not a fan of stairs, make sure you book a room on the first or second floor. It was about 72 stairs to room 9.

Awesome location, helpful staff and won't break the bank. Trustworthy people here.

Recommended. We rented the Standard 4 Bed Private Ensuite and it was very comfortable. Big clean room with two double beds and a huge bathroom with hot water. Wifi was pretty poor in the room: only intermittently worked near the door (transmitter too far away). Room was quiet. Good location: restaurants, tourist attractions, local markets nearby. Probably could have gotten cheaper room elsewhere. Confusion over deposit at check-out, worked out. Organized tickets to Siem Reap, all good.

Basic guesthouse which is nice and clean, friendly staff and good location if you want to be near the riverside. Wifi was good, bathrooms always clean and very helpful people behind the desk.

• 31st Mar 2014

It was generally a good time there. Sinata (the girl at reception) was very kind to us; we were ill and woke her up many times during the night before going to hospital and she always answered with a smile.

- location was excellent - the room was small compared to the bathroom - nice air conditioning - beer was a little expensive for a guesthouse - we couldn't get the hot water in the shower to work (but not a big problem considering the warm weather) - really friendly and helpful staff

• 6th Feb 2014

The room has everything that you'll need despite the low rate. It was a nice and cosy stay with many attractions within walking distance! Definitely value for money!

Really enjoyed our stay here! Very clean rooms, perfect location as the palace and central market are in walking distance and friendly staff. Rooms were cleaned everyday. It could get a bit noisy but I can't imagine anywhere in Phnom Penh being quiet. Food along the river can be hit and miss, I'd recommend the Laughing Fatman and Sher-e-Punjab!

Good location and friendly staff. Walking distance to the night market. Good wifi in the room.

Good boss! Pleasant service. Highly recommended.

I enjoyed my stay in Velkommen Guesthouse It is worth for money and the staff are very nice and service was good. Pros: worth stay for budget trip Good for individuals as it is near the river with lot of restaurant and pub area around. Cons: No lift as we walked all 5 floors on first day which we are unaware. So better add this in your facility list. not good choice for families.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • India

excellent location. bathroom needs ventilation as mothballs smell is so pungent

This is an ok hostel to stay at in PP. The defining moment of my time in the hostel was when I noticed there was a large iguana in my bathroom. The way their windows were set up it had no trouble getting in. This made brushing my teeth and showering quite the experience. The staff was helpful and friendly; I wasn't a big fan of the city which is not the fault of the hostel; actually let a night early to get more time at Angkor Wat.

Excellent guesthouse we would stay again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Everywhere was clean and rooms felt secure. They arranged our tours and onwards buses. Only slight thing to be aware of was the hostel world booking deposit - they tried to charge full amount for our room on checkout. We had to present them with the booking confirmation showing the deposit paid and once we showed them this they deducted the deposit with no problem.

They advertise as being able to pay with credit/debit card, which is why we chose the place. They take cash only. the staff was cold. When we asked for a map, they tried to SELL us one. The location was decent, but I'd stay somewhere else next time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7