Venezia Garden Reviews

Jalan Surami 55 Yogyakarta Indonesia, Jalan Surami 55 Yogyakarta Indonesia, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Venezia garden is very cool! Great place for relax and meeting people. Great atmosphere and staff

Not like the hostels around the crowded and noisy Molioboro Street, the location of Venezia Garden is more quiet and relaxed to stay. Also, we really enjoyed sitting in the wonderful garden and comfortable environment there. The The friendly staff are always supportive and helpful in both tour information and local service, and tour packages provided by this hostel is well-organized.

Very small hostel, only one dorm. Nice atmosphere, relaxing and chill. The staff is friendly, even though they don't really speak english.

Can't fault the place really, loved our stay here, clean cute room everything you could need, location was good, staff were friendly, calm peaceful vibe. Only one flaw, loud call to prayer can be heard four times a day, really loudly but I guess that's to be expected in a Muslim country. Would recommend and would definitely stay again.

Nice clean hostel. Unfortunately when we where there the Pool was empty. The dorm was Good. The stuff was okay, some spoke very little english. The Tours are more expansive in the hostel than buying them in the street. But I would defenitly recommmend this hostel!

The staff were knowledgeable and had several tours for you to chose from and helped with all the bookings. Other than that, the couches were stained and filthy, the kitchen had piles of dishes pilled up (there wasn't any room to clean dishes even if anyone wanted to), our bathroom shower head was so dirty and clogged that only a few holes sprayed COLD water (there was never any hot water), the sheets and floors always felt grimy, and the swimming pool had green algae covering its floor.

Very nice place for just 5 euros/night. The breakfast was very good and you could ask for it at any time. The staff very friendly and they helped us with a lost baggage in the airport. Highly recommended!

Very cozy. Familiar atmosphere

Venezia Garden is located in a quiet street close to the city center. The staff, especially James, were extremely friendly and helpful. The hostel has a comfy sitting area where it is easy to chat along and get to know others. The atmosphere was very familial and relaxed making this place a very good pick. The pool was clean and refreshing and the double room was spacious and had an awesome open shower. After spending 5 nights there I can't think of anything negative.

Photos on hostel world are "optimized" Didn't really want to jump in the pool. Nice, helpful staff. Comfortable lounge area. Tour booked through hostel was sketchy and felt like it was run by gangs. Dodgy "receipts" and "park entrance fees" .. Last part of our tour was not honored and we found our own way from Bali - Java ferry terminal to Lovina Beach.

Location is perfect, small street nearby touristic area. Rooms are ok, but basic. But I really liked the setting and how guests interact easily here.

• 16th Jun 2014

I booked a bed a day before I wanted to arrive and just before I had to catch my bus to Yogya they wrote me an email saying there has been a double booking and there was no bed available for me. That was really annoying and I cannot tell if it was the hostel's fault or hostelworld.com's. Anyway, the hostel tried to organize another place for me but only managed to find places I'd had to switch between during my stay.

I stayed there for 2 nights. the reception asked me to pay the full amount ,included the 15% Deposit / Down-payment, which I already paid when I booked by hostelworld. Moreover, He charged me %2.5 extra for using credit card! in total I paid %17.5 extra!!

Amazing place to stay in yogyakarta, great stuff, nice breakfast, u can directly book excursion form them, and James is very friendly, and more u can swim in a pool for just 6 Euro a day... Will book again if I come back

Nice rooms and nice pool. Good when you have a motorbike.

Value for money? Do you know many hotels with swimming pool for less than 10€? Me neither ;) I strongly reccomend this place.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. It was a great place to meet other travellers.

After spending one night in a halfway decent dorm room I was informed that I would have to move to another room which was going from a 4 bed dorm to an eight bed dorm at the same price with terrible AC. When I questioned the owner he stated he had family members coming to town and wanted the nice room for them. Additionally I was informed that they had the right to refuse service to anyone and I could be told to leave if I didn't move. I pointed out to him that a deposit is legal and binding

An excellent place to stay to meet people and very close to the main south backpacker drag with places to eat and booking tours. Bit far to main shopping area but there is cheap transport 15000. Would definitely recommend but you must be able to sleep with the noise of running water.

Really helpful staff. Great vibe here, it was mostly all solo travellers when I went. Not a lot of partying in Yogya so it was all really chill people looking to see the sights. The free breakfast is amazing!! Cute cats running around too. Pretty gardens all around the property.

View all Yogyakarta Bed and Breakfasts