Venezia Garden Reviews

Jalan Surami 55 Yogyakarta Indonesia, Jalan Surami 55 Yogyakarta Indonesia, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

This is a lovely place to stay. Beautifully kept garden makes a lovely chill-out area. There's live music and cheap beer in the outdoor bar most nights.. The pool is sparkling and cold! Lads of hot water for showers. My private room was very comfortable. Rati, the owner, is delightful. Some of the staff aren't as friendly, and no one volunteered any information about places to eat or setting up tours. But fiind Prawirotaman street two blocks away and you're golden!

Great vibe in this place. Friendly staff, and having a pool right at your footstep is excellent. Walking distance to some of the best restaurants in Jogjakarta. Offers fairly priced tours to Borobodur and Prampanan. Wish I had more than two nights! Strongly recommend this place!

The first night i booked a dorm.. That was oke but there was to much noise from the other guests. The second night i booked a 2 pers room and that was perfect!

Amazing hostel. Very homely and the staff and other guests were really friendly. We stayed in a private room that was really nice and clean and even had a small tv. Only snag was that the ac didn't reslly work but they did provide us with a fan with no fuss. Location good, not right in the centre but plenty of restaurants etc nearby. Great place to stay.

Backpacker friendly hostel. Great atmosphere to meet other travels. Dorm rooms are comfy and spacious and lockers are available outside. Hostel includes a pool with a few chairs and a lounge areas out front and inside. The staff is helpful but not overly friendly unless trying to sell you a package tour which they have for every location around Java. The tours themselves are comparable to local tour agencies and as usual, are cheaper if you do them on your own.

Good hostel, excellent wifi, closeby to many restaurants. You can get easily to the keraton palace walking. I booked two tours with them (operated kresna tours) to Merapi and Borobudur+Prambanan, no problem.

Clean, secure and comfortable. Go there!

Prima hostel. Locatie is goed en veel gezellige mensen. Ik had alleen een kuil in m'n bed en had het idee dat de badkamer wel een schoonmaakbeurt kon gebruiken.

Great atmosphere, very affordable beers,, near restaurants, a fine walk to major tourist spots, front desk willing to help with booking tours, great refreshing pool, gorgeous private rooms. Staff isn't always around when you need them and check-in was half an hour late after we already waited an hour (could not check in before 2pm, they said). Breakfast is simple but tasty and served whenever you want, all day. Overall, strong recommendation.

I really loved staying here and was sad I didn't have longer, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the facilities were fantasitic and breakfast inc unlimited tea and coffee was available throughout the day.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Nice hostel. Definitely enjoyed my stay. Easy enough to get there via public transit. Hostel had a nice atmosphere which was greatly appreciated. Easy to meet people

Very nice hostel with a nice atmosphere. The only down side and this isn't really the hostels fault.... Booked a trip to Denpasar via bromo. This mostly went smoothly until getting to Denpasar when a the bus stops 5k from the destination. A guy got on he bus at 1am and best everyone off. Luckily no one was seriously hurt. Just a warning to be prepared for this. He is some sort of taxi mafia. Safest solution is to get off and get a taxi the rest of the journey.

The place is excellent except for the dinning area which is vertical cramped and most of the time visitors are smoking which makes the air polluted.

The air conditioner in my room didn't work properly. I informed the staff at check out and they said they would follow up.

Great Hostel!!!! I stayed here for almost one week. Super cheap, nice pool and hang out areas in the garden. Breakfast is good and the staff very nice! The showers are clean and the beds good. Perfect value for money!!! It's very nice as it's very open, but this also makes it possible for anybody to walk in. Nothing ever happend during my time there but that's why I rated the security lower ;)

• 9th Feb 2015

This place is really nice! we met a lot of cool people here and did all the activities that yogyakarta has to offer with them. it's very easy to organise your trips from here! the hostel has a cool swimming pool and a nice chill out garden. the only thing that I would recommend: offer some more food besides the breakfast :)

My stay at this hostel was pleasant, however, we wanted to get information on tours and tourist points to visit and the staff was somewhat careless. One of the staff members was very unprofessional and didn't even sober up before trying to help us! Nevertheless, the location was great so we found a lot of tour agencies nearby that had better packages than the ones offered by the hostel and at a better price. As far as the facilities, they're clean and the rooms are ok, however not much privacy.

The Bahrain was very dort and the 8 bed dorm really noisy and in middle of the hostel so no chance to relax.

Amazing hang out area. Cool room. Staff super helpful. Room looked clean, but I woke up with a ton of bug bites and then my whole arm swelled up. Could have been from the train ride in I suppose but I don't know.

Nice place with a great pool and very good social scene, super easy to meet other travelers. The dorm is super cramped and its bathroom is a bit gross which is why I cant give this place 100%. Breakfast included is also a nice bonus.

View all Yogyakarta Bed and Breakfasts