Venezia Garden Reviews

Jalan Surami 55 Yogyakarta Indonesia, Jalan Surami 55 Yogyakarta Indonesia, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Photos on hostel world are "optimized" Didn't really want to jump in the pool. Nice, helpful staff. Comfortable lounge area. Tour booked through hostel was sketchy and felt like it was run by gangs. Dodgy "receipts" and "park entrance fees" .. Last part of our tour was not honored and we found our own way from Bali - Java ferry terminal to Lovina Beach.

Location is perfect, small street nearby touristic area. Rooms are ok, but basic. But I really liked the setting and how guests interact easily here.

• 16th Jun 2014

I booked a bed a day before I wanted to arrive and just before I had to catch my bus to Yogya they wrote me an email saying there has been a double booking and there was no bed available for me. That was really annoying and I cannot tell if it was the hostel's fault or hostelworld.com's. Anyway, the hostel tried to organize another place for me but only managed to find places I'd had to switch between during my stay.

I stayed there for 2 nights. the reception asked me to pay the full amount ,included the 15% Deposit / Down-payment, which I already paid when I booked by hostelworld. Moreover, He charged me %2.5 extra for using credit card! in total I paid %17.5 extra!!

Amazing place to stay in yogyakarta, great stuff, nice breakfast, u can directly book excursion form them, and James is very friendly, and more u can swim in a pool for just 6 Euro a day... Will book again if I come back

Nice rooms and nice pool. Good when you have a motorbike.

Value for money? Do you know many hotels with swimming pool for less than 10€? Me neither ;) I strongly reccomend this place.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. It was a great place to meet other travellers.

After spending one night in a halfway decent dorm room I was informed that I would have to move to another room which was going from a 4 bed dorm to an eight bed dorm at the same price with terrible AC. When I questioned the owner he stated he had family members coming to town and wanted the nice room for them. Additionally I was informed that they had the right to refuse service to anyone and I could be told to leave if I didn't move. I pointed out to him that a deposit is legal and binding

An excellent place to stay to meet people and very close to the main south backpacker drag with places to eat and booking tours. Bit far to main shopping area but there is cheap transport 15000. Would definitely recommend but you must be able to sleep with the noise of running water.

Really helpful staff. Great vibe here, it was mostly all solo travellers when I went. Not a lot of partying in Yogya so it was all really chill people looking to see the sights. The free breakfast is amazing!! Cute cats running around too. Pretty gardens all around the property.

Nice door room and easy to sleep here. The breakfast was good. You could order from several choices. Coffee and tea all day. The location was good, also. Met some nice backpackers there. I took a two day trip to Bromo but had already paid for the bed for the night. They just moved the payment to the next night when I would be back, saving me paying for the night I would be away. Very helpful. Not all hostels will work with you this way. Lockers were provided for your valuables.

Great hostel!!! Booked for 2 nights and endup staying 5 nights. It had a nice chilling are in the garden that makes you feel like home. The staff is amazing, breakfast you can order when you want and how much you want (loved the banana pancakes and noodles) and it is verry clean and a trustfull place. Only the pool is a little bit small and not a lot of sunshine. But still, a verry good place to stay!!

• 20th Apr 2014

The staff was awesome. I believe that the staff got a little stressed with us since our tours are so confusing and when we left, we almost got late to our train to Jakarta. They were very understanding and tried to make us on time. We appreciate the staff for helping us and we will be coming back for sure! :)

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Philippines

You will never go wrong with this place. Location is perfect, staff are very friendly and speaks good english, breakfast is delicious, beds are spacious, lots of places to just lounge and chill, there's a pool and if you love animals, there are two of the most adorable cats for the guests to have fun with. I've given praises for this place in FB and will definitely stay there when I go back to Jogja.

I was sick during my stay and spent a lot of time in the hostel. It was very social and comfortable. Great AC in the dorms, friendly staff, decent breakfast. The flatscreen and Ps3 are a definite plus for those who are too sick to do much outside of the hostel. Lots of good restaurants and grocery stores close by and tons of friendly locals met wandering through the little alleys of Yogja. Would stay again for sure. Prices on the tours can be a little deceptive, so be careful.

The place is awesome! Only thing, there is no mosquito net and the electric repellent sometimes did not work properly. Also, there was no saff/security when we wanted to check out. Still, really small complaints in comparison to everything else which was really cool!

The double bed ensuite situated overlooking the swimming pool is basic, but nice. The small garden outside is also relaxing. However, I find it strange for the hostel to offer dorm room at such a low price that the two types of customers doesn't quite mix. The villa room above can get a bit noisy at late night. The staff may take note of this and ask backpackers to keep low after 11.

We really enjoyed our two nights in this hostel, if I go to Yogyakarta once again I would definitely go to this hostel again. Nice staff, breakfast was really nice, great atmosphere and very clean.

• 15th Mar 2014

Excellent place! Great value for money in dorm and separate rooms. Amazing day trips on offer that are definitely worth it and the staff were extremely helpful, welcoming and fun! We went on the trip to Karamun Jawa with James who works there which was so well organised. We saw the most amazing islands, something which would be extremely hard to organise alone. He involved everyone and we did some amazing things - great value and definitely recommend staying here for a great experience in Jogja!

• 12th Mar 2014