Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

The rooms were very cold!

The staff could be friendlier, not the best hostel I've stayed in by a long shot but the beds were comfy and the location is ideal. Warning: If you're planning on being/ going out between 5-8am you will be locked out! Not 24 hour currently and dinner was also not included as advertised.

Very nice staff 99 %, nice chilled out areas to cook and hang out, feels like being in someones living room..very relaxed. A bit funny though to have to be out of the room between 11am and 3pm for cleaning....its a long time not being able to be in your space if you wanted to. I would definately come back if i was in LA again!

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel have a excellent localization, good acomodation, but the staff is not that good, watting for check in, rude people.

• 16th Sep 2015

Check in was slow and unless we put up a fight, we would have been charged a higher price for the room than initially agreed (excluding tax). The first time we used the toilet, there was leakage - however, it did not happen afterwards. The furniture is very old and run down, the shower is inconvenient and water was barely dropping. The place is too run down to even be hippie. Location is very good, but I wouldn't go back there - not enough value for the money it's charging.

Anyone could walk in and out of this hostel, it seemed people lived there, luckily we were in a private room for security but I wouldn't have liked to have leave my stuff in a locker which was in the hallway. Breakfast was awful with just a waffle maker, and potatoes? We moved around the corner to Samesun Venice beach and had a great time.

the staff (lovely greetings to Sarah and Simon) is so nice, it's very clean and the location is perfect.

• 8th Sep 2015

I have traveled all around the world and have been in many different hostels as well as worked in them. I instantly got bad vibes from this hostel when me and my girlfriend walked in. The staff was very rude, unhelpful, messed other people's reservations up, and were drunk. The facility's, common areas, and kitchen were filthy. People were allowed to smoke inside and the outside patio are is right next to rooms so you get smoke and Noise from that. On top of all this it was extremely over priced

• 5th Sep 2015

Dear Friends & viewers: we're always here to help - if only you let us. Guests are asked at check-in, renewal and check-out to come to desk / ask for help, changes - if any problem(s), etc. Here, unfortunately are 2 guys for several nights - who never said anything to anyone! How can hostel help any guest enjoy the beach if you don't bother to say a word and then complain when too late to help? Yes, guests like to hang, sing, play outside - bothered? ask to move room. Not hard. Sorry guys.

Location was amazing, the atmosphere was nice, it was clean enough, expensive for what you get (but location is something you're also paying for in the total). I'm easygoing and my expectations were medium-low, so I was extremely happy with what I found and the overall stay. The staff was amazing. The boys and girls that work there were -altogether- a sort of dysfunctional family, which was kind of funny. Sarah rules above all.

Good spot. But very boring hostel not much going on

very spacious provate double room and bathroom. i fecommend this place

The location is the only good thing about this hostel. It wasn't very clean, and the staff members are weird... I stayed there for 2 days in a room with 10 other people for a 7 bed shared-room and it was okay...

• 14th Aug 2015

WARNING: Do not stay at this hostel. The positive reviews on this website here are questionable. The management treat guests like dirt. They charge an exorbitant security deposit and make you jump through hoops to get it back the next day. I would NEVER stay here again. This hostel and its management totally ruined the atmosphere of what is a nice town on the beach.

EQUAL WARNING: ANGRY TRAVELER TRAVELING ON FUMES & MIS-STATEMENTS - guest said he had no money on his card to pay city tax and refundable security deposit and wanted it waived! He then walked out; then came back and magically had what? The $25 for the refundable deposit - that "exorbitant" deposit! At check-out he received - and signed for - his deposit.: his "jumping through hoops" - he had to return the room key! Some "hoops" . "Treated like dirt " for not accepting what was false line?

Cordial and helpful staff. Our room was clean and cozy - with modern bathroom fixtures. The best part was the easy five minute walk to the beach and great eateries.

• 12th Aug 2015

Wonderful Staff and beautiful room! It was huuuge and the beds were soo comfortable!! I loved staying here and I'll be back soon!!

Venice Beach Hostel was a charming, wonderfully situated hostel. The two staff members that I met we knowledgeable and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay that I would recommend to anyone looking to visit the area.