Venice Beach Hostel

7.5
Very Good 834 Total Reviews

• Namibia, Female, 31-40
24th Dec 2016

I had a pleasant stay.The staff were very helpful.Clean place .I love the fact that I only shared a bathroom with my roommates only and not the whole floor etc. Worth every dollar.

• USA, Male, 41+
11th Dec 2016
5.1

This place is very dirty I would never stay there again

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
6th Oct 2016
7.1

Conveniently located hostel right in the heart of Venice. Very pricey for what you get though - an average bunk and rooms that could do with a good clean. Breakfast is basic and disappointing. Good common areas. Met some great travelers too

• England, Couple, 31-40
17th Sep 2016
4.3

This hostel is massively overpriced and really basic. We booked a private room and was greeted with a cockroach in the bathroom, my light didn't work and neither did the toilet. I complained the next day and they did fix the problems but offered me no compensation. These problems don't usually bother me but then we're usually paying $25 a night and not $125. Location is great but that's it

• South Korea, Female, 31-40
17th Sep 2016

Superb location, feel at home, great breakfast. Become a new generation Hippie. 엘에이 단골 숙소. 베니스비치를 만끽하면서 대중교통으로 다른 곳 가기도 편리함. 특히 혼자 여행사 여성전용 도미토리와 큰 공용키친은 큰 플러스.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016

Location is perfect (was a bit hard to find at first, make sure you read directions given, wouldn't hurt to have a sign outside though..) Bathroom in 4 person dorm was so nice and newly renovated. Free breakfast is just a waffle but still good Would come back/ do recommend

• Germany, Male, 31-40
13th Sep 2016

I loved it! Awesome! Mir hat das Hostel gut gefallen. Ich war in einem 7-Bett-Zimmer mit Blick auf das Venice Sign. Fand ich total geil. Frühstück war ok. Das Beste: der Strand ist gleich um die Ecke. Ich würde das Hostel auf jeden Fall weiterempfehlen.

• Israel, Male, 25-30
12th Sep 2016
2.9

I've stayed probably over 30 hostels in my life, and I've never had such a bad experience as this one. The staff was very unfriendly. The room, bed, and shower were in a disgusting situation. At the room, there were only two lockers, when there are seven beds. And the wifi? Don't try to count on it, too slow and disconnect every few minutes. Whenever I tried to work things out and adjust the situation with the hostel stuff, I got a simple "that's against our policy" answer, whi

• Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Sep 2016
8.0

Great location 50m from Venice beach. They let me check in at 9am and have the free breakfast upon arrival which was really nice. Free diner style coffee all day was also really nice too. One evening they had free hotdogs with pickles and onion and condiments supplied too. Free dinner in an expensive ish country was pretty amazing really! $50US a night seems very expensive for a dorm bed but I don't think you'd get much cheaper in LA anywhere and the location was great so can't really complain!

3rd Sep 2016

Fantastic location, clean rooms and it was great that breakfast was included. My only complaint was the noise at night - both nights I was there people were running up and down the halls, yelling and slamming doors until very late. Also be aware that if you pay your deposit on card, it take 5 business days to get your money back, which was problematic for me as I was leaving the U.S. in the next few days. The girl who checked me in also seemed very disinterested and wasn't very friendly.