Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

The location is the only good thing about this hostel. It wasn't very clean, and the staff members are weird... I stayed there for 2 days in a room with 10 other people for a 7 bed shared-room and it was okay...

• 14th Aug 2015

WARNING: Do not stay at this hostel. The positive reviews on this website here are questionable. The management treat guests like dirt. They charge an exorbitant security deposit and make you jump through hoops to get it back the next day. I would NEVER stay here again. This hostel and its management totally ruined the atmosphere of what is a nice town on the beach.

EQUAL WARNING: ANGRY TRAVELER TRAVELING ON FUMES & MIS-STATEMENTS - guest said he had no money on his card to pay city tax and refundable security deposit and wanted it waived! He then walked out; then came back and magically had what? The $25 for the refundable deposit - that "exorbitant" deposit! At check-out he received - and signed for - his deposit.: his "jumping through hoops" - he had to return the room key! Some "hoops" . "Treated like dirt " for not accepting what was false line?

Cordial and helpful staff. Our room was clean and cozy - with modern bathroom fixtures. The best part was the easy five minute walk to the beach and great eateries.

• 12th Aug 2015

Wonderful Staff and beautiful room! It was huuuge and the beds were soo comfortable!! I loved staying here and I'll be back soon!!

Venice Beach Hostel was a charming, wonderfully situated hostel. The two staff members that I met we knowledgeable and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay that I would recommend to anyone looking to visit the area.

• 7th Aug 2015

The organization is very poor. I changed room twice in three days. The first room in wich I stayed was literally a box without window and three people in there. And I was actually paying the same that people in pretty nice rooms. The breakfast is really bad too. I wouldn't come back to Venice Beach Hostel and I wouldn't recommend it either. However once I complained there were a person of the staff that helped me after arguing with me for a while.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

Woman guest reserved mixed room - we tried to help by placing last minute in women only room. Sorry for trying to be helpful. Breakfast: all you can eat waffles and pancakes; home fry potatoes; egg or fruit; bread & fixings: think where you've had any better!

Simon was extremely accommodating when we checked in 27/7. When we checked out on 28/7 the new man was extremely rude. He acted as if we were the most inconvenient thing about his morning. We just stood there in such an awkward situation as he bustled about getting our security deposit back and being very rude when we needed to put our bags in storage. He spoke in single words! For example 'Sign'. 'No'. He actually ruined the whole experience and we were so off-put by his absolute hostility.

• 26th Jul 2015

Pros: Couldn't ask for a better location in Venice 2 min walk to the beach front. Room/beds comfortable. Clean bathrooms/showers. Free wifi that works well. Lots of evening activities, breakfast included. Most staff friendly. Cons: $100 deposit required when you check in plus sneaky $25 surcharge if you book only one night on a weekend, hidden in the small print. Check in process is a shambles when busy, then one staff member was pretty rude. Maybe upset he had to get his arse off the couch.

I loved the feel and location of the hostel! It seems very Venice beach and I would recommend to friends

Great hostel. Excellent location. Private room with enquire was huge and very comfortable and quiet.

• 10th Jul 2015

Pretty standard hostel but an amazing location, less than 5 minutes to Venice beach, with a nice pub and coffee shop nearby. The twin room was quite comfortable and spacious, and they let us check in early which was very much appreciated after a 14 hour flight.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Everyone on staff is nice except the European white guy who seems to be in charge... He is miserable with his life apparently and is a real Debbie Downer. Stay away from him

• 23rd Jun 2015

Awesome staff and great atmosphere there is always someone to talk to and things todo. 300m from muscle beach, just go and hit the outdoor gym!

To dirty, and personal was very cold. They didint control what happen inside the rooms even if there where a party!! its ok for young travelers but thats it, just ok.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Chile

A happy large group of Canadian students were partying on the outside balcony by his shared room and his rooms other guests joined in. Sorry for your fellow travelers having fun.

The staff we very helpful and extremely friendly. The location is great for the beach and Santa Monica but Be prepared for long bus trips to hollywood, downtown, or universal city. (We found that catching the bus to the closest Metro stop cut down travel time).

good hostel !!Right next to the Beach :)

• 11th Apr 2015

Lockers in horrible condition, staff not very polite, beds were not clean when we arrived, and the price is ridiculous for that kind of service.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Lockers: friends, you get 2 lockers ! Cell phone and valuables locker in room with buildt-in locks - for overnight sleeping comfort! Regular school lockers - you use padlock. Beds - all beds are provided clean linens for every new check-in. You know that even if a cleaner made a mistakee - it is simple to correct: call down to the desk and it is done. Simple. It makes no sense to say nothing, but then afterwards backbite.

People are friendly and nice, however, I didn't like the hidden extra fees at checkout. Right near the beach and cafe's. Also you get a discount at the bike rentals for staying at the hostel which helps with funds.

• 27th Mar 2015

When I came from Australia I was shocked how expensive this hostel is. But obviously this is quite normal in LA. I really liked the atmosphere in the hostel and the stuff is awesome! The location is top and even if your don't have car you can do a lot of things. So would definitely recommend it and next time I'll stay here again And they got free breakfast with waffles and eggs in the morning which is great!