Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, California, USA

Traveling can often be expensive, so budgeting was key for the group I went with. We were pleased to stay at a below average place for the right price, however we attempted to stay an additional night based on the prime location but ended up checking out early due to the incredible disrespect the owner showed when we confronted him regarding a price that was quote by his staff and then over charged. I would not recomment staying here but at the Same Sun with a beach front view and great vibe.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice location. I was able to see the ocean from my double-bed room and it's very important for me coz I live too far away from it) free breakfast is also the good thing. I think that's the best hostel at that hood for this price. I've been back to LA in a week since I left this place and I had to found a place to stay again but there was no vacation in here. However I've found the hostel with the same price and it was much worse in spite of it was really closer to the ocean on the same street..

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Staff very helpful. Overpriced. Free food once you know about it. Smokers abound unfortunately. As a backpacker ok.

• 8th Mar 2014

Staff, atmosphere and location were awesome! Strongly recommended. Joaquín. Argentina

This hostel definetly needs to be renovated. The common rooms and the kitchen are fine, but our room was just an assortment of furnitures which deserves to go to the garbage. Also the cleanliness was good, we didn't felt comfy in our room, as everything in there was worn out and setted up without concept. The room would be ok for max. half of the price we paided. Everything else (breakfast, location (if you like venice), staff,...) is good, but please work on the look of your rooms and hallways.

• 29th Nov 2013

Nice place close to the beach and good to get some free food included. It attracts some weird people but I guess that's not the hostels fault.

Very pleasant stay, super location next to Venice Beach. Enjoyed the stay a lot. Value-for-price is fantastic! Recommend a stay, for sure!

I loved the location, but it could have done with being cleaner! I have contacted the hostel twice now, because I paid $100 deposit on arrival (which I was not told I would have to do) and I have still not been reimbursed. As you can imagine, this is really frustrating. They are not replying to my emails and I am going to have to make an expensive call to the USA about it.

• 18th Oct 2013