Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

This hostel definetly needs to be renovated. The common rooms and the kitchen are fine, but our room was just an assortment of furnitures which deserves to go to the garbage. Also the cleanliness was good, we didn't felt comfy in our room, as everything in there was worn out and setted up without concept. The room would be ok for max. half of the price we paided. Everything else (breakfast, location (if you like venice), staff,...) is good, but please work on the look of your rooms and hallways.

• 29th Nov 2013

Nice place close to the beach and good to get some free food included. It attracts some weird people but I guess that's not the hostels fault.

Very pleasant stay, super location next to Venice Beach. Enjoyed the stay a lot. Value-for-price is fantastic! Recommend a stay, for sure!

I loved the location, but it could have done with being cleaner! I have contacted the hostel twice now, because I paid $100 deposit on arrival (which I was not told I would have to do) and I have still not been reimbursed. As you can imagine, this is really frustrating. They are not replying to my emails and I am going to have to make an expensive call to the USA about it.

• 18th Oct 2013

I really enjoyed the stay in Venice. I stayed there 3 nights and had no problem booking or cancelling extra night. Staff was super friendly and I know that it's hard to find in a hostel. Was also clean. Well wasn't luxurious and prob was too expensive for the quality but I guess it's the location you pay for. I would definitely come back!

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Poland

The building could do with being refurbished but apart from that was a very good hostel.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Very close to Venice beach, however the area felt a bit dodgy at night. Rooms smelt funny, but were clean. Free breakfast was limited.

I wad in USA for business and for the first time i decided to book a hostel instead of a Hotel. I really enjoyed my time, met a lot of new people, very nice atmosphere and perfect location because you don't need to move in other places, neither for nightlife!

• 13th Sep 2013

I didn't stay here too long but what I saw seemed really good. The bed was comfy and the staff were nice. It's definitely the place to go for atmosphere, maybe less so if you are looking for shiny and clean.

It was a nice hostel. They ha free dinner every night and we ate some bean mix which was very good.

like all the best hostels, a bit shabby and cosy.you can smoke in the common rooms which i thought was going to be disgusting but was actually fine. lots of plants and books. two private bathrooms in my 16bed dorm. kitchen is a little run down but has everything you need. free dinner is great, saved money but the breakfast is just waffles you make yourself, would be nice to have some bread at least! only old computers i didnt try but didnt look up to much, and bad wifi connection. right on beach

i really enjoyed my stay at the vbh! staff was friendly and helpfull, the rooms where all right and lots of cool other travellers to do some tours or just walk 3 min to hang at the beautifull beach.

This hostel is in a great location if you are wanting to be in the heart of venice beach. Not so good if you are wanting to see other attractions such as Hollywood, universal studios, magic mountain etc as it can take 1 n a half to 2 n a half hours via public transport. Venice beach is a great spot to chill out though, and explore the boardwalk up to Santa Monica. Our private couple room was perfect, clean, lots of space. The staff are okay. The smoking in the common room is disgusting.

Miserable staff. Expensive dorm rooms which are not particularly clean. The only plus is that Venice Beach is just one block away.

DEFIANTLY RETURNING GREAT HOSTEL, GREAT LOCATION, FRIENDLY STAFF, GREAT ATMOSPHERE OVERALL GREAT STAY THANK YOU

I appreciated the free dinner. Not a bad place to stay

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay, I'm going to try to come back!

• 13th Aug 2013

You cant get a better location for Venice beach than this hostel... rooms and cleanliness left a little to be desired... but its very fitting for the chabby chic feel that venice is all about.

• 13th Aug 2013

third time staying here, this place has so much character and venice beach is such a unique part of L.A. I would not stay anywhere else. The staff is really helpful and the hostel does a descent enough breakfast and an okay dinner which is better than nothing.

We have booked twin beds private room, but the room was four beds dorm. Though other guests were not there, the facilities in the room was lower than expected. In the bathroom drain was broken and dirty water was running up. Second day we asked to change the room and once they said yes, but some miscommunication between morning staff and night staff, we were made to stay same room again. Was terrible. Staffs were really friendly and helpful, but owner seems not able to manage the things.