Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

Keep it up! A little work for guests to keep the rooms cleaner.

Hostel is well located and clean, but the lady at the reception was absolutely impolite.

Such a nice hostel for a short period of time. The room was pretty nice, except for the bathroom. It was quite dirty, although that depends on the other girls you're staying with. Also, a bou it dissappointed with breakfast. Although you can eat as much as you want, there's very little to choose from, so I would recommend go get some cereal or milk at the closest market. All in all, everything was good, you get to meet a lot of people from everywhere and it's right in Venice Beach!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Spain

Hostel is in a great location and is kept clean with good cooking facilities. At the time of booking it was advertised that evening meals were offered for $1 a night however when we arrived we were told that they weren't offering these meals without an apology! There was also a HUGE tax added to the price which wasn't made clear when booking of about 25%! Definitely not worth the money unfortunately.

Overall the hostel was in a really good location, right on the beach. It had a chilled out atmosphere and the staff were nice

A nice hostel, only 2 minute walk from the beach. Rooms were basic but clean, wifi was good, staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool table, tv with Netflix, computers with internet, sport balls, kitchen, lounge all available for use .Plenty of pubs nearby and supermarket a 1 minute walk. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Thus is a nice hostel!

The location of this hostel is amazing and super convenient, close to the beach, bike rental places, a few pubs, plus an excellent cafe across the street and Mexican joint right downstairs. The staff was friendly and made good suggestions, plus breakfast and dinner included was a bonus, and yummy too. Despite these things, I would say the hostel was average - not quite worth the price, but I would consider staying there again, for location and dinner being included.

Had a great stay here! Would definitely come back! Awesome time, great people.

• 24th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. My second visit now. Location is excellent. but ...Arghhh...those stairs..difficult for me but very greatful to the kind staff that helped

This was without a doubt the best hostel I´ve stayed at! The staff, the atmosphere, the location, the room (private room, ensuite!!)...everything was just great! If you´re looking for a hotel, don´t go to VBH. But if you´re looking for nice people to talk to, helpful staff, value for your money, well, stay here. I am definately coming back!

This Hostel is well located in the heart of Venice Beach. But that it all it has to offer. At a price that could get you a cheap Hotel, this hostel is falling appart. Everything seems dirty and old, the kitchen and common rooms are terrible. The private bed we stayed was just OK, at least it had a bathroom ensuite. Would not recomend this one.

Not a great hostel, but in a good location for Venice Beach. Rooms are a bit average, nothing worth talking about. Breakfast was good, with Waffles. Wifi a bit dodgy too. Prob wouldn't stay here again, but an okay place.

Los Angeles is large!!! so if u want to stay close to the beach, this might be a perfect choise. otherwise, quiet far away from hollywood for example...

Nice hostel, good location. But 42 dollars is way too much for a normal 14 bed dorm.

Very unclean Was in a good location

Traveling can often be expensive, so budgeting was key for the group I went with. We were pleased to stay at a below average place for the right price, however we attempted to stay an additional night based on the prime location but ended up checking out early due to the incredible disrespect the owner showed when we confronted him regarding a price that was quote by his staff and then over charged. I would not recomment staying here but at the Same Sun with a beach front view and great vibe.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice location. I was able to see the ocean from my double-bed room and it's very important for me coz I live too far away from it) free breakfast is also the good thing. I think that's the best hostel at that hood for this price. I've been back to LA in a week since I left this place and I had to found a place to stay again but there was no vacation in here. However I've found the hostel with the same price and it was much worse in spite of it was really closer to the ocean on the same street..

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Staff very helpful. Overpriced. Free food once you know about it. Smokers abound unfortunately. As a backpacker ok.

• 8th Mar 2014

Staff, atmosphere and location were awesome! Strongly recommended. Joaquín. Argentina

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7