Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

To dirty, and personal was very cold. They didint control what happen inside the rooms even if there where a party!! its ok for young travelers but thats it, just ok.

• 23rd May 2015
  • Chile

The staff we very helpful and extremely friendly. The location is great for the beach and Santa Monica but Be prepared for long bus trips to hollywood, downtown, or universal city. (We found that catching the bus to the closest Metro stop cut down travel time).

good hostel !!Right next to the Beach :)

• 11th Apr 2015

Lockers in horrible condition, staff not very polite, beds were not clean when we arrived, and the price is ridiculous for that kind of service.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Lockers: friends, you get 2 lockers ! Cell phone and valuables locker in room with buildt-in locks - for overnight sleeping comfort! Regular school lockers - you use padlock. Beds - all beds are provided clean linens for every new check-in. You know that even if a cleaner made a mistakee - it is simple to correct: call down to the desk and it is done. Simple. It makes no sense to say nothing, but then afterwards backbite.

People are friendly and nice, however, I didn't like the hidden extra fees at checkout. Right near the beach and cafe's. Also you get a discount at the bike rentals for staying at the hostel which helps with funds.

• 27th Mar 2015

When I came from Australia I was shocked how expensive this hostel is. But obviously this is quite normal in LA. I really liked the atmosphere in the hostel and the stuff is awesome! The location is top and even if your don't have car you can do a lot of things. So would definitely recommend it and next time I'll stay here again And they got free breakfast with waffles and eggs in the morning which is great!

Had a private room with a double bed. ...SUPER FAST INTERNET! The bed was average but good enough. An electronic Safe for belongings in the room. I would definitely stay here again.

Superb location- right to the beach and center of Venice activities. Hostel itself is a little bit pricy but economical : nice bathroom in the room and spacious room and common areas, free wifi and computers, free breakfast including tasty waffle, oatmeal, eggs and bread, potato dish and coffee, free rental body board etc. full kitchen and self cook/clean rule. the staff were friendly. Main door was locked over night and good security. I will definitely stay again if I visit LA

• 19th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Run down hostel needs a major revamp No young staff members No activities expect a morning run Witnessesed a cleaning member drinking Budweiser at breakfast Cleaning staff signed the sheet to say they had emptied the bin when they hadn't, the sheet says to check for bulbs out well they didn't as there was one missing our whole stay Good location and that's about it We liked venice so much we checked into Ssun and it was a much better vibe and atmosphere down the road

If you're seeking for the ocean, this is the best place. Still, combined bus and subway, you can reach downtown in 90 minutes. Safe area and safe hostel, not as dangerous as people say. The promenade is o street away with people having fun. Good breakfast and cleans rooms.

This hostel is located very close to the beach and all the crazy characters on the boardwalk.

Dirty facilities, very poor service. We booked this hostel & were afterwards contacted with the message that we would have to pay for an extra night. After sending 3 mails asking for an explanation, no-one answered. When we got there, it was even more expensive than mentioned + the separate room we had booked, was not available. Staff tried to help, but was unable to, seemingly because of intoxication. Breakfast was nice, however; make-it-yourself waffles were tasty, but that's it.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

One particularly aggressive staff member confronted me after he assumed that I used some of his special milk. He refused to listen to the fact that the milk was already out on the side, and maintained that I opened the forbidden fridge to use his milk. There was no other milk available to hostel guests, which was unsatisfactory. When checking out in the morning, no-one was present at the "24 hour" reception to return our deposit, so we had to wait for our deposit to be returned. Overpriced.

• 28th Aug 2014

Could not stay the first night even though was booked previously as told there was no room! Manager didn't seem to care and offered no help in finding alternative accommodation (other staff were friendly and helpful which is why I marked them more). Breakfast was poor and dinner was non-existent even though advertised on several sites! Key didn't work on bedroom and no activities arranged/offered day or night.

Absolutely awesome location - right near the beach. Little bit of street noise, but that's to be expected. Had no probs sleeping though. Stayed in a private room & it was much cheaper than getting a hotel in the area. The place is a little shabby but has good character. Excellent breakfast included.

Staff weren't very friendly/helpful. Room was pretty dirty - lots of rubbish under the bed. Very noisy at night due to traffic and bars outside. Good location, very close to the beach.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Good location (just next to the Venice Beach; relatively short taxi ride to LA International Airport). Facilities seem old but work.

My friend and I had an overall good stay. There a were a few problems. First of all we were put into a staff room and not a dorm as I had booked from a few weeks in advance. When I enquired, one of the female staff more or less said that they don't want guests in their room either, which is fair enough. The manager was rude and told me it wasn't his fault I can't read the fine print which says they can put guests in any type of share room. Also slow with check-in, we waited 2 hours.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The man working the front desk was horrifically rude after firstly emailing me that they can no longer accommodate me. I then called to figure out what was going on and then the rude guy wouldn't answer any questions. Later then found out that my bed wasn't cancelled and had not had my money refunded. stayed at hermosa Beach and definitely will be going back to that hostel again and not giving money to rude individuals.

• 21st Aug 2014

The location of Venice beach hostel is not safe and appeared to be frightening of a night time and sometimes of a day time which I think is important for people to know before booking the hostel.

• 20th Aug 2014