Venice Beach Hostel Reviews

1515 Pacific Avenue, Venice, Los Angeles, USA

Run down hostel needs a major revamp No young staff members No activities expect a morning run Witnessesed a cleaning member drinking Budweiser at breakfast Cleaning staff signed the sheet to say they had emptied the bin when they hadn't, the sheet says to check for bulbs out well they didn't as there was one missing our whole stay Good location and that's about it We liked venice so much we checked into Ssun and it was a much better vibe and atmosphere down the road

If you're seeking for the ocean, this is the best place. Still, combined bus and subway, you can reach downtown in 90 minutes. Safe area and safe hostel, not as dangerous as people say. The promenade is o street away with people having fun. Good breakfast and cleans rooms.

This hostel is located very close to the beach and all the crazy characters on the boardwalk.

Dirty facilities, very poor service. We booked this hostel & were afterwards contacted with the message that we would have to pay for an extra night. After sending 3 mails asking for an explanation, no-one answered. When we got there, it was even more expensive than mentioned + the separate room we had booked, was not available. Staff tried to help, but was unable to, seemingly because of intoxication. Breakfast was nice, however; make-it-yourself waffles were tasty, but that's it.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

One particularly aggressive staff member confronted me after he assumed that I used some of his special milk. He refused to listen to the fact that the milk was already out on the side, and maintained that I opened the forbidden fridge to use his milk. There was no other milk available to hostel guests, which was unsatisfactory. When checking out in the morning, no-one was present at the "24 hour" reception to return our deposit, so we had to wait for our deposit to be returned. Overpriced.

• 28th Aug 2014

Could not stay the first night even though was booked previously as told there was no room! Manager didn't seem to care and offered no help in finding alternative accommodation (other staff were friendly and helpful which is why I marked them more). Breakfast was poor and dinner was non-existent even though advertised on several sites! Key didn't work on bedroom and no activities arranged/offered day or night.

Absolutely awesome location - right near the beach. Little bit of street noise, but that's to be expected. Had no probs sleeping though. Stayed in a private room & it was much cheaper than getting a hotel in the area. The place is a little shabby but has good character. Excellent breakfast included.

Staff weren't very friendly/helpful. Room was pretty dirty - lots of rubbish under the bed. Very noisy at night due to traffic and bars outside. Good location, very close to the beach.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Good location (just next to the Venice Beach; relatively short taxi ride to LA International Airport). Facilities seem old but work.

My friend and I had an overall good stay. There a were a few problems. First of all we were put into a staff room and not a dorm as I had booked from a few weeks in advance. When I enquired, one of the female staff more or less said that they don't want guests in their room either, which is fair enough. The manager was rude and told me it wasn't his fault I can't read the fine print which says they can put guests in any type of share room. Also slow with check-in, we waited 2 hours.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The man working the front desk was horrifically rude after firstly emailing me that they can no longer accommodate me. I then called to figure out what was going on and then the rude guy wouldn't answer any questions. Later then found out that my bed wasn't cancelled and had not had my money refunded. stayed at hermosa Beach and definitely will be going back to that hostel again and not giving money to rude individuals.

• 21st Aug 2014

The location of Venice beach hostel is not safe and appeared to be frightening of a night time and sometimes of a day time which I think is important for people to know before booking the hostel.

• 20th Aug 2014

We had a great stay at the Venice Beach Hostel. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff was always kind and helpfull and the location of the hostel is wonderful. Everything was perfect!!

• 15th Aug 2014

Most staff were very rude but one or two were actually helpful. Looks like it's falling apart and there's an additional charge for most things within the hostel. But it's I a great location and I met some nice people here. Enjoyed the stay but wouldn't recommend or return there.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Wales

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL! Staff were rude and didn't want to know you at all. Dorms were crammed full of beds with nowhere to put your bag. My bed was in the hallway of 1 of the rooms where the light stayed on all night and was a thoroughfare for other guests. Very overpriced. I've stayed in hostels all through Europe and South America and this was by far the worst!!!!!

• 12th Aug 2014

Try not to stay here!

Mostly fine but there is one abrupt and quite rude staff member who made me feel like I was an inconvenience by being there at all. Made me feel the atmosphere was not as great as it could be because of his abrupt manner.

Staff doesn't understand your needs and doesn't accept any comment. They try everything to steal your money if you want to cancel a reservation. The don't answer you when you write to cancel a reservation so that they can have your money

• 2nd Aug 2014

Pretty boring and very expensive for a hostel ... But great location

Very unhelpful staff , takes over an hour to check you in ! Also the tax they add is ridiculously high ! Not value for money as it's a very basic hostel with bad staff !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7