Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

Basic facilities but clean, convenient location with good connection tot venice and to the airport. Great value for money. Best feature is the host who does everything he can to make you feel at home and who had lovely tips to get the most out of our city trip. Thanks Gianluca!

• 16th Mar 2015

It's a simple hostel, close to markets and restaurants. The most important is that it's close to a bus stop that takes you to Venice for only 1,30 Euro.

The owners a great guy and the beds are very comfortable. Along with those most important things the location is very good, short walk to the bus stop to venice and an easy walk to the airport. If anyone stays there and finds my iPhone charger let me know though I forgot it there!

• 9th Mar 2015

The location of hostel was little far from the city center but hostel was very cleasn and staff was very helpful we had a great time and the building is not exactly green it is olive green :)

place is very easy to find and close to the bus station (about 5 min walk) with easy bus access to Venice. Luca was very nice and helpful and the guesthouse was very clean. Internet though sometimes didn't work, especially during the night. Overall very nice and friendly place!

Venice Lagoon House is in a residential area. It is easy to get to the bus, and Luca gives very nice directions.

As you can tell from other reviews, this hostel is a little off the beaten path. But it is such a great find, and the host Luca was amazing. I never had any trouble getting into Venice, and he was always quick to give me advice.

Not much of a "real" hostel, it's more like a house with some rented room for others so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place. Lucca, the host, was really friendly and helpful, trying his best to help everyone that arrived there, making everybody feel like their home. He even printed me my boarding pass :D. Really close to Marco Polo airport, walking distance. Small market nearby for basic needs. And 20 min by bus to Venice, so it was well-situated. I recommend it.

Let me say that here during high season (April to October) the house is enough full and people socialize in the living room at evening. And at least twice a month I do BBQ with guests and my friends out in the garden. But if you come here in February during low low season (you didn't consider this in your review) and in the house there are just you and 3 more guests there are no many chances to socialize beside with me, you know it can happen. Luca

a unforgettable experience^_^

Luca was really kind and friendly. He can speak English well and tell you a lot of information about Venice or Europe. He helped me a lot. Pillow was thick and comfy, but shower room was so so. Room was a bit cold.

I stayed here New Year's Eve and I met really nice guy Luca there, facility of hostel was amazing and staff is really kind, he explains you everything about the city and offer nice dinner with him if you want to join, I spent great time.

Nice hostel with a lovely owner who was very helpful and welcoming and even gave us his personal restaurant recommendations. Note that this is not really a hostel but more a spare room. Location is a bit off the main island but easy to get to on the bus in only 20 mins and it's only 1E30. If he tells you the the second bathroom is out of order double check coz it's actually just the toilet and the shower still works perfectly. Would stay here again :)

Eventhough the location is far from the city center, it is very well accessible by public transport. Excellent location if you want to catch an early trip in the airport. Luca was very helpful and nice.

I spent here two nights during winter and I enjoyed it. The house is simple but clean and meets my criteria of warm room, hot strong shower and comfortable bed. It’s just 15 minutes by bus from Piazzale Roma in Venice historical center with several buses every hour until very late in the night. Luca was very nice and helpful. If in the future I’ll return in Venice I will back to this hostel for sure.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

Just a normal hostel stay, I wasn't wowed by anything, and I wasn't disgusted by anything. One of the toilets was broken which made getting ready in the morning a bit hectic because of a flight we had to catch. It was also a little cold even after we turned the heat on.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Thanks for Luca, I had a really good time and understand more about Venice! This is one of my best experience in hostel.

bathroom and bedroom v clean The kitchen was not as good with dirty dishes in the sink the whole time by the owner and the dish cloth appeared to be the same one for the 4 days. The rooms were great with plenty of space for bags etc which is not the case with many hostels. Bit untidy with linen and blankets stacked in the hall and entrance cluttered. It was nice it was a home in a suburb rather than busy centre easy access on bus 5 to Venice centre Luca was lovely esp with my son and helpful

Luca's hospitality was very appreciated. In a city where many people are rude/unhelpful, it was nice to have Luca there to tell us the best places to go and offer advice. His place is a little out of the way of the city center but not terrible. My major complaint would be the lack of Wifi accessibility while there, but Luca did try everything he could to accommodate us, setting up a hotspot for us. Two nights max is all you'll need in Venice but I definitely recommend this place!

It's the guys house, which at first is kind of weird, but Luca is awesome and so helpful, everything is very humid. Nice to be 20 min away from city Center at the end of the day just to get away from all the people. Good restaurantes near by that are really good, wifi kinda bad. Market near by has not a lot so when you are in town grab food if you want to cook.

It's the perfect hostel, only 20+ minutes from the train station with bus line 5 that runs frequently, and one way ticket is only €1.30. I spent only €2.60 to travel to venice and back home everyday. There's a super market alloys the corner so we bought ingredients to cook dinner. Luca is really friendly and taught us how to cook pasta too. I'll 100% recommend this hostel =)

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts