Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

bathroom and bedroom v clean The kitchen was not as good with dirty dishes in the sink the whole time by the owner and the dish cloth appeared to be the same one for the 4 days. The rooms were great with plenty of space for bags etc which is not the case with many hostels. Bit untidy with linen and blankets stacked in the hall and entrance cluttered. It was nice it was a home in a suburb rather than busy centre easy access on bus 5 to Venice centre Luca was lovely esp with my son and helpful

Luca's hospitality was very appreciated. In a city where many people are rude/unhelpful, it was nice to have Luca there to tell us the best places to go and offer advice. His place is a little out of the way of the city center but not terrible. My major complaint would be the lack of Wifi accessibility while there, but Luca did try everything he could to accommodate us, setting up a hotspot for us. Two nights max is all you'll need in Venice but I definitely recommend this place!

It's the guys house, which at first is kind of weird, but Luca is awesome and so helpful, everything is very humid. Nice to be 20 min away from city Center at the end of the day just to get away from all the people. Good restaurantes near by that are really good, wifi kinda bad. Market near by has not a lot so when you are in town grab food if you want to cook.

It's the perfect hostel, only 20+ minutes from the train station with bus line 5 that runs frequently, and one way ticket is only €1.30. I spent only €2.60 to travel to venice and back home everyday. There's a super market alloys the corner so we bought ingredients to cook dinner. Luca is really friendly and taught us how to cook pasta too. I'll 100% recommend this hostel =)

Host was amazing. He's a very nice guy. The Lagoon house is not really a traditional hostel. It's really just an appartment that he put beds in. Pros: Cheap Great host Comfortable beds Quiet -lots of space Cons: -It's a pain to get into Venice - 5 min walk to a bus which takes 18 mins. That leaves you at the train station, which is a good 40-50 minute walk from the main square. -showers weren't great

• 2nd Nov 2014

The hostel was really comfortable. Luca, the owner, was very nice and helpful. Definitely will come back to stay in this hostel.

This hostel was great! It was super easy to get in and out of Venice. Staff was extremely nice and helpful and the place was clean!

• 24th Oct 2014

Luca is a wonderful host. I would recommend staying here. I also stayed in the city for a couple of nights but much preferred this location. It is considerably less humid without a mosquito problem. There is a nice environment and it is easy to meet people. The bus is hassle free.

• 24th Oct 2014

I loved this hostel. I felt at home right away. Luca is fabulous and speaks great English. We had lockers for our small belongings (not big enough for a backpack). Everything was clean. The bus was fine getting into Venice and ran frequently. Coming from Venice we pressed the stop button on the bus at the "best western", it was on the right, before the Tessera stop for the hostel.

Thank you Julia, I remember you, you are so kind :)

Great place. I didn't realise how far from Venice it was, but the 30min bus ride wasn't too bad. He was very friendly and helpful. No complaints, though at times it did feel awkward, like we were just staying in his spare bedroom....

don't let the location fool you, it is about a 15-20 minute bus from Venizia and it's not so bad - being out of Venezia is actually a good thing since after a long day walking through crowds can be overwhelming and the fact you stay outside of the chaos is not so bad. the owner is pretty nice guy but there is really no atmosphere at this BnB. Whatever you do not stay at the "campsites" they r usually full of mosquitos, hot and very humid. I thought this was a huge upgrade comapred to the camps

Luca is a very nice host. He would help you with any kind of questions in detail. The location of the hostel might not in the mainland of Venice, but it only takes 15 mins to get there. Things are cheaper and it was really nice to live in the small village. Next time, I will definitely live here again!!

The owner Lucia is extremely friendly & helpful. the house is very clean on a quiet street, easy access to bus all the way to Venice island. Nothing bad really!!

The overall condition of the rooms are good but they are a little bit hot and mosquitoes can be really disturbing after a long sunny day in Rome.. breakfast for free is something positive. The hostel is really close to the manzoni metro station so transportation is not a problem. I would recommend.

The owner is such a lovely person, and helpful. But the place is quite far from the city center

Very nice place to stay, just a 20min bus journey from centre of Venice. Luca, the owner was very helpful in info and directions. Definitely a good choice place to stay if u r in Venice

Luca was very nice and gave us a lot of advice and a handy map. We arrived late but this was no problem and we could really enjoy our stay in Venice! The hostel is very clean and has neat facilities, it's a bit outside of Venice, but that was just perfect (quiet and agreeable, there was a supermarket and a restaurant nearby). I recommend to check out the lagoon, too, preferably in the morning or evening. It was beautiful. We think to have made the perfect choice to have picked this hostel!:)

While many backpackers I met had to pay for the exorbitantly priced waterbus to reach their hostels on the Venetian islands, it cost me a mere 2.60 euros roundtrip to get from this hostel to Venice. It was clean, Wifi was great, and Luca, the owner, is very nice. The map he provides is also one of the better ones I came across. The only downside was there was lots of mosquitoes in the area at night, so I might recommend bringing buy spray.

Really nice hostel very friendly host and was very clean. Was a little bit outside Venice but there was a really good and efficient bus to and from Venice.

It is around 30 minutes by bus far from the main island, but buses move regularly. Hostel is small and lovely in a a very calm and quiet region, that's why I enjoyed it, also near the hostel there is grocery, pharmacy, fast food. Helpful staff, and nice stay

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts