Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

Very happy we stayed here :) Luca was a very kind person who accommodated our every needs. The house was very comfortable I had a wonderful sleep. Thanks so much for your hospitality!

As advertised, the Venice Lagoon House is not in the centre of Venice. However, buses are regular, cheap (Euros 1.30) and the stop is 2 minutes walk. Luca is a fantastic host. He speaks great english and is more than willing to help with any aspect of your trip. I even got to hang my washing in the fresh Venetian air (such an improvement on the machines)! Rooms are a good size and not a bunk in sight!

For three people to have a private room only about a 15 minute bus ride from Venice, this was a great price and a lovely place to stay. The owner is extremely friendly, helpful, and thorough. We enjoyed hanging out here for two nights, enjoyed the breakfast pastries at the shop by the bus stop, and a chance to drink wine and relax.

It was a good place to stay at. Just wish it was free breakfast. Besides that I liked it.

Bus rides really easy. Cute neighborhood.

If you want to get on a flight early in the morning this is the place to stay. Not if you want to head into Venice Island. Host was great and VERY helpful.

The hostel was good but way out of the way from everything. Not enjoyable to catch a bus all the way out there and back into the city. Friendly staff though.

The bus officially takes 18 minutes from my bus stop to Venice, everybody can check online. So usually kind of 18 minutes from Venice is considered "enjoyable". Moreover the bus run 4 times an hour until midnight and forty. It's one of the best connection to Venice cause it's the bus of the airport. But if you pretend to be 4 minutes from downtown this is not the place. On the other side I'm just 1 minutes from the airport :)) I accept all reviews though honestly your one seems too negative..

Luca is very nice guy. The location is pretty good, very close to Marco Polo airport and only a 25 min bus ride (1.30 euro) to either the island or the mainland.

Good times. Ultra convenient from the airport and on into Venice proper. Stay here.

Luca was absolutely phenomenal. The directions he gave us to the hostel from the airport were spot on, and he was extremely helpful with transportation and things to do on the island of Venice. The location of the hostel is about 20 minutes by bus from the island, but it was not a problem at all and even helped to be away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist attractions. Super nice, super clean, super genuine, stay with Luca and the Venice Lagoon House.

• 27th Mar 2015

Basic facilities but clean, convenient location with good connection tot venice and to the airport. Great value for money. Best feature is the host who does everything he can to make you feel at home and who had lovely tips to get the most out of our city trip. Thanks Gianluca!

• 16th Mar 2015

It's a simple hostel, close to markets and restaurants. The most important is that it's close to a bus stop that takes you to Venice for only 1,30 Euro.

The owners a great guy and the beds are very comfortable. Along with those most important things the location is very good, short walk to the bus stop to venice and an easy walk to the airport. If anyone stays there and finds my iPhone charger let me know though I forgot it there!

• 9th Mar 2015

It was good. Luca waited us in front of the hostel since the location was not easy to find. We had a great night having barbecue with other travellers. great.

The location of hostel was little far from the city center but hostel was very cleasn and staff was very helpful we had a great time and the building is not exactly green it is olive green :)

place is very easy to find and close to the bus station (about 5 min walk) with easy bus access to Venice. Luca was very nice and helpful and the guesthouse was very clean. Internet though sometimes didn't work, especially during the night. Overall very nice and friendly place!

Venice Lagoon House is in a residential area. It is easy to get to the bus, and Luca gives very nice directions.

As you can tell from other reviews, this hostel is a little off the beaten path. But it is such a great find, and the host Luca was amazing. I never had any trouble getting into Venice, and he was always quick to give me advice.

Not much of a "real" hostel, it's more like a house with some rented room for others so if you're looking for a party hostel this is not the place. Lucca, the host, was really friendly and helpful, trying his best to help everyone that arrived there, making everybody feel like their home. He even printed me my boarding pass :D. Really close to Marco Polo airport, walking distance. Small market nearby for basic needs. And 20 min by bus to Venice, so it was well-situated. I recommend it.

Let me say that here during high season (April to October) the house is enough full and people socialize in the living room at evening. And at least twice a month I do BBQ with guests and my friends out in the garden. But if you come here in February during low low season (you didn't consider this in your review) and in the house there are just you and 3 more guests there are no many chances to socialize beside with me, you know it can happen. Luca

a unforgettable experience^_^