Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

I'm so glad I booked this place! It's in a great spot for getting places and with the maximum capacity of 10, there is a comfortable, homely and social atmosphere downstairs where people can get to know each other and plan their daily escapades. But the best part for sure was the help of the owner Lucca who spoke excellent english and was always available to help and advice. He even offered to drive us back on the night of new years eve. Thank you so much !!

Thank you!!! See you next time!

Luca is very friendly and gave all the attention and information I need. The room was very clean and comfortable, the living room was a very nice place to talk to other guests. It is a little bit far from the island, so it is needed to take a bus to Venice, which costs 1,50 euro and takes around 20 minutes. Even if the location is not the best, I would totally recommend to stay at this hostel.

Friendly owner, a bit far from centre. But that's what buses are for. Works out to be the best price anyway, considering how expense venice can be! Even just seeing the vegetable garden out front made us happy!

Highly recommended!

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

Location was bad for me but if one is using marco polo airport, this would be a great place to stay. Since I had to go for trevisso I gave a low rating for location but other than that it is all good. Host was really caring and gentle. Also having double room at this price was awesome.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • South Korea

This was a really nice place to stay! Highly recommend to others!

• 23rd Oct 2015

Venice Lagoon House is a basic accommodation option, definitely convenient for those searching for an economical stay in Venice. Basic does not mean insufficient. Everything one could need was available, within the range of accommodation of the kind. In addition, everything was extremely clean. Although apparently far apart from Venice, a bus passing every 15 min takes you down town in just 20 min. The best point was the owner though. Luca was the greatest host I've ever met!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Luca, the host/owner, was the friendliest, most helpful and considerate host I met on my trip. He contacted me by email twice to make sure I knew how to get myself to his house. He included maps and pictures with landmarks. He included his phone number and bus and train schedules. We all know how stressful traveling can be after some time abroad. He made me feel relaxed and comfortable with the knowledge that I could get there no problems. He also offered to drive me to the airport at 5am. A+

• 11th Oct 2015

Luca was amazing!! He was so helpful in terms of answering questions on how to get around and just generally is an awesome person. The location was great- just a short walk from the bus stop which was really easy to get into Venice by. Thank you so much!!!

Luca is fantastic! Really nice, easy going, and helpful. A bit out of the city but the buses are really easy. Simple accommodation that does the job.

Luca is a fabulous host! I would recommend this hostel for everyone looking for a great time at a excellent price.

It's basically a house. Luca is a very nice guy. The place is in a remote area near the airport but far from venice. Good for just staying . Not a 'hostel'

Stayed for one night. Super easy to get into Venice (about 20 minute bus ride), clean, and the owner, Luca, is very nice and helpful with directions. Laid back, friendly vibes

really nice place to stay with awesome showers

A basic hostel, with staff that can be more helpful.. Never rude but just was a bit aloof. It's a good value for money given it is close to Venice. You just need a 20 minute bus to be in Venice and is very close to airport. Bus stop is just a 5 minute stroll. So it is very convenient. I will stay there again.

Luca was very friendly. He just rents room out of his own house so the space is very characterized and common. Gave us a warm welcome and made us feel at home.

• 18th Sep 2015

Great budget option for those coming from or going to the airport. Luca is great and provided outstanding service. The rooms are tidy and there is good wifi. Easy commute to Venezia by bus.

Luca was great to work with. We stayed only one night before leaving for the airport, and the hostel was extremely convenient to get to. (15-20 minutes walk to the airport.) Clean accommodations, and overall a great stay.

Atmosphere really depends on who is staying at the time but owner Luca is really friendly. He rents his home like an airbnb and does a great job providing you with transportation routes and activity suggestions. Laundry is cheap and Luca provides his own soap. Drying is outside on racks. If you don't mind taking a short bus ride to/from Venice, this is a good option.

Luca was the most accommodating host I have ever encountered, helping out massively with our plans to go into venice and where to eat.

• 7th Sep 2015