Venice Lagoon House Reviews

Via Tenda 11, Venice, Italy

I loved this hostel. I felt at home right away. Luca is fabulous and speaks great English. We had lockers for our small belongings (not big enough for a backpack). Everything was clean. The bus was fine getting into Venice and ran frequently. Coming from Venice we pressed the stop button on the bus at the "best western", it was on the right, before the Tessera stop for the hostel.

Great place. I didn't realise how far from Venice it was, but the 30min bus ride wasn't too bad. He was very friendly and helpful. No complaints, though at times it did feel awkward, like we were just staying in his spare bedroom....

don't let the location fool you, it is about a 15-20 minute bus from Venizia and it's not so bad - being out of Venezia is actually a good thing since after a long day walking through crowds can be overwhelming and the fact you stay outside of the chaos is not so bad. the owner is pretty nice guy but there is really no atmosphere at this BnB. Whatever you do not stay at the "campsites" they r usually full of mosquitos, hot and very humid. I thought this was a huge upgrade comapred to the camps

Luca is a very nice host. He would help you with any kind of questions in detail. The location of the hostel might not in the mainland of Venice, but it only takes 15 mins to get there. Things are cheaper and it was really nice to live in the small village. Next time, I will definitely live here again!!

The owner Lucia is extremely friendly & helpful. the house is very clean on a quiet street, easy access to bus all the way to Venice island. Nothing bad really!!

The overall condition of the rooms are good but they are a little bit hot and mosquitoes can be really disturbing after a long sunny day in Rome.. breakfast for free is something positive. The hostel is really close to the manzoni metro station so transportation is not a problem. I would recommend.

The owner is such a lovely person, and helpful. But the place is quite far from the city center

Very nice place to stay, just a 20min bus journey from centre of Venice. Luca, the owner was very helpful in info and directions. Definitely a good choice place to stay if u r in Venice

Luca was very nice and gave us a lot of advice and a handy map. We arrived late but this was no problem and we could really enjoy our stay in Venice! The hostel is very clean and has neat facilities, it's a bit outside of Venice, but that was just perfect (quiet and agreeable, there was a supermarket and a restaurant nearby). I recommend to check out the lagoon, too, preferably in the morning or evening. It was beautiful. We think to have made the perfect choice to have picked this hostel!:)

While many backpackers I met had to pay for the exorbitantly priced waterbus to reach their hostels on the Venetian islands, it cost me a mere 2.60 euros roundtrip to get from this hostel to Venice. It was clean, Wifi was great, and Luca, the owner, is very nice. The map he provides is also one of the better ones I came across. The only downside was there was lots of mosquitoes in the area at night, so I might recommend bringing buy spray.

Really nice hostel very friendly host and was very clean. Was a little bit outside Venice but there was a really good and efficient bus to and from Venice.

It is around 30 minutes by bus far from the main island, but buses move regularly. Hostel is small and lovely in a a very calm and quiet region, that's why I enjoyed it, also near the hostel there is grocery, pharmacy, fast food. Helpful staff, and nice stay

nice stay and very helpfull staff

The bus into Venice takes about 40 min which is not bad, it just means you have to plan to stay out the entire day if you have a short trip, which is less than ideal. Overall I would recommend this hostel because it's incredibly clean, Luca is very helpful with explaining where you can go during the day, and there's a great

Great place! Luca was extremely hospitable) Good connection with Venice, and 10 min walk to airport.

Luca, the owner, is awesome! It's a very cozy set up in a small village outside of Venice. You can take the same bus (25 mins.) into the city and to the airport very easily. My friend and I loved our stay and met some really nice people there.

Owner of the hostel is very friendly. The place is not like hostel, it is a real home. When you stay there, you can feel like in a trip with your friends. Atmosphere and place is so good. Location is a little far from center but you can easily reach by bus 5. It is like youth hostel.

It was a pleasure to stay here. Luca is a wonderful host. He impressed me with the clear instructions, his warmth and hospitality. He has traveled a lot himself and is curious & helpful. The facilities are decent, clean (fresh sheets / clean toilet / daily floor mop), value for money. The place is safe, easily accessible from airport & main city with many travel options till midnight (it is as described on the site). I'll surely stay here again if I visit Venice again. Thank you Luca.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • India

Good place to stay, good beds and staff is amazing. Thanks for everything, Luca!

Had a good stay here with Luca. Big benefit that the hostel has a kitchen! As Eating out in Venice can dig into your budget. However hostel is a good 25 minute bus ride from Venice itself, but considering what you are paying for it, it's still great value for money for Venice standards!

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts