8.2
Fabulous 141 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 141 Total Reviews
Venice Star Located at Cannaregio 5396, , Venice.
Italy
Venice 30121 Cannaregio 5396
82% 141
45.4401059 12.3396114
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Mar 2016
8.0

The Venice star was fine for a night for us. It's a bit different from any other hostel/ hotel or whatever you choose to call it. It's 4 private rooms that share 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a small living area. Overall it was pretty clean and I can't complain about the facilities. The only thing I found strange was that there was never actually an employee physically present. There was a sign with the phone number to call but I found that a bit odd. Nonetheless it's fine for a short stay

• USA, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2016

Although it was slightly hard to locate the Venice Star because there is no obvious signing stating it, the stay was perfect. I'd say the location is perfect and it wasn't hard to navigate getting home after a day of exploring. Highly recommend and would stay here again myself!

10th Mar 2016

Loved it! Just very hard to find because there is no sign. It's a green door and you ring the tiny bell that says "Venice Star". It's not actually the big church pictured! Lol

Hello, we are trying to rent the big church but it is very hard.

4th Mar 2016
7.1

gave us one key .. Literally when my friends and I separated we got locked out the staff is never there and got kicked out in the morning. Location is hard to fine

Why didn't you ask for a second key? Furthernore you booked a private room and not a2 beds in a dorm. If you want staff around 24 hours you should go into a 5* hotel and pay at least 100€/night.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
19th Feb 2016

Little difficult to find at first. Super clean, modern place.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
23rd Jan 2016
6.9

Terrible reception since I had to wait for 30 minutes outside for them to open the door and instead of apologize they say something like "this is what you pay for". They changed our location to place (that was better) but was in another part of the city, so it was not the same place we reserved. At this new place, everything was good but it felt like it was someone's private apartment and not 'legally' a hostel. I wouldnt recommend.

• Brazil, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jan 2016

It happens that i was relocated from the original room I would stay. Instead of being in the Venice Star I was moved to Sweet Venice (I think). Which the staff told me we were moved to a slightly better room. But they have some kind of partnership. Overall it was a good place, and the staff is really attentive ( he gave us a map and showed all the good places to visit and eat). They have a shelf where we can let our belongs after the check out which helped us a lo

• Canada, Male, 18-24
26th Dec 2015
7.4

Decent place to stay, the staff was very helpful and was an overall good hostel for the night.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
24th Dec 2015
5.7

It was quite a walk from central station, especially with a heavy suitcase and all the stairs that are in Venice. The heater in the room didn't work very well. It would blow warm air out and then change to cool air instantly. We froze overnight and the thin blanket (if you could call it that) didn't do much to help. I understand it's not a five star hotel, but the way money was handled by staff was not professional. If you don't take credit cards or large notes, what do you take? Coins?

• Australia, Mixed Group, 41+
23rd Dec 2015

The complimentary breakfast was great and staff me met were also very friendly. Our rooms were spacious and warm, bathrooms clean and everything looks quite newly renovated. Location very close to Rialto Bridge and San Marco. Great restaurant and bar around corner - antico gatoleto - warm friendly staff and great food. Kitchen a little squishy with more than 5 people, and only two electric rings for cooking. Guest fridge separate from breakfast fridge. Beds were comfy but noisy on floor.