Venice Star Reviews

Cannaregio 5396, Venice, Italy

Location was pretty good. It's on the actual island of venice not outside of it which is great. Venice is small so everything is within walking distance. This place is VERY clean, good wifi, gives you breakfast like bread, jams, ceral, coffee, tea, juice. There's a kitchen and a fridge for the guests. There is a 3 euro charger per night per person as a venice tax that's not included in the price. I wasn't aware of it but it is listed on the website. Good place to stay for any amount of time!

Very good stay, the hostel had a kitchen at our disposal and offered breakfast ! The bathroom was wide and clean, and the appartments have been remade recently so everything is quite modern. We would definetely come back.

I really enjoyed staying here. It's a nice location on the main island, walking distance to everything and very easy to get to from Fondamente Nova water stop. Quiet area even though our beds were really squeaky! Very clean, nice bathrooms. Would definitely recommend.

We were hoping to find with easily since the directions seemed simple enough but after no luck locating the street we ended up going back and forth between the areas until we found the number of the hostel. There was no sign saying the name but the buzzer had the name thank god! The bathrooms were super clean as was the room. Good size bed and room. Not a terrible stay but Venice it self was a maze that could gwy mighty frustrating.

You cannot beat the location! To be walking distance from Ponte Rialto and Piazza del San Marco is wonderful. The hostel was more of an apartment, with only 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was quiet but the walls are thin and we were awoken by people taking showers in the bathroom closest to us. The complimentary breakfast was great! It also gave us time to sit with other travellers and get to know people. The hostel was very clean and it did come with free towels.

Clean place, good bathroom facilities and comfy beds. However very disorganized! When we arrived there was a complete mess up with the rooms and we had to share a dorm with two other people. I personally had no problem with this but that's besides the point, it shouldn't of happened. On top of that, they also did not have enough keys! This was just bizzare! I had to stay up later than I wanted to let the other two people we were sharing a room with back into the hostel! GET MORE KEYS!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Wales

It was a grateful surprise stayed 2 nights in this amazing hostel which looks like more a bed and breakfast. All staffs are really polite and respectful. Even the check out was 11h they allowed me and my boyfriend stayed in the hostel until 13h. All rooms are really comfortable and clean. Even I had to share the bathrooms it was not a problem because all the time they were clean. Really great location.

• 19th Feb 2015

Hard to find, like must adresses in Venice, but the service and rooms are OK. close to train/bus station and main atractions

This place has a great location - 15 minutes to St. Marks and just a couple minutes from the main water bus stop. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The rooms were nice, and it was nice to have a small breakfast! The kitchen was big enough that we could make dinner for ourselves. There were only two bathrooms for 10 people, but it seemed to work fine. Would definitely stay here again if I come back to Venice :)

• 6th Feb 2015

All are good, but cloth is too thin for winter time

Great location. the staff is very friendly and helpful (the guy from Bangladesh) the room and the common areas are very clean and in great shape. it is very difficult to find because Venice is like a laberynth so print out maps that show all the names of the streets.

It was cheap compared to its competitors, however it was really clean. In the morning, when we wake up there was a bad suprise waiting for us: the street, which is right in front of the hostel was full with the water. So it would be a good idea to buy at least some cheap 'water proofer'.

It's in the hearth of the Venice. You can use public transport to arrive the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and they have a kitchen, too.

One of my favorite hostel so far. I really liked the room, the bathroom and the kitchen. I wish I could live there forever! The personnel was really kind.

I absolutely love this hostel! The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were very clean, and it was very secure! It is a little off the beaten path and hard to find, but not far from the main attractions! You won't be disappointed. Also, they do provide a light breakfast!

Great staff! Super clean rooms. Shared bath very clean n updated. Nice court yard private. Great kitchen. Great well rounded breakfast selection. Near campo dei Maria nova. Call staff if u get lost. It is so worth it to find this gem! The area is lovely n intimate. Venice is the best city in the world!

Staff tries to be friendly, the room is a little small, but that isn't a problem. Their facilities are great and the common room is really nice.

Be aware. This hostel isn't in an obvious location. It took us awhile to find. However, it was super clean and it's practically two rooms to a bathroom which isn't the norm in Europe so bathroom lines or hot water weren't an issue. Breakfast was free (cereal, toast, milk, juice and coffee/tea). Also a refrigerator and stove with pots and dishes were available for use. Our room was crazy spacious and tastefully decorated in my opinion. The hostel and neighborhood are very quiet at night too.

• 19th Dec 2014

Amazing place!

Incredible hostel experience!! more like a hotel. They were very kind when we got there, and the hostel was so clean- bathroom and shower cleaned each day and it was so nice. Private room with secure key, and they even had coffee, tea, toast, cereal, milk, and free nutella too! Perfect for late night snacks and breakfast! Location was PRIME. such a nice and decent priced place for how close it was- you are walking distance from the heart of venice. 15 minute from san Marco- totally worth it!

• 27th Nov 2014