Ventana Azul Las Palmas Hostel Reviews

Paseo de las Canteras 53, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

Awesome Hostel, Awesome Staff, Awesome People... Shout out to traveller Garth for being Awesome,and Jim and the Irish surfing crew. I had a memorable time. Hell Yeah People stay here.

My favorite hostel in Las Palmas. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the atmosphere is great and the roof terrace is a nice spot to mingle. Located by the beach, Perfect

The hostel is well located, I had a pleasant stay. The staff were friendly and courteous. I would recommend this hostel.

• 16th Jan 2016

The Terrace was a dream

• 14th Jan 2016

Nice hostel with a great terrace and the view to the ocean. Good location just next to the Las Canteras beach. Clean and tidy with a good atmosphere and many options to spend your free time like surfing, paragliding ..

Your staff is very freindly and you have an excellent location, top notch!

• 21st Dec 2015

good location, but overcrowded rooms with flimsy bunk beds, no locks for rooms, temperamental internet connection, roof terrace is nice, but moldy plllows need replacing, still good value if travelling on budget

I am a kind of digital nomad. I stayed in total for around two weeks and was working with my laptop on the roof top. For me it was the perfect place to work. Its a very small hostel with well educated guests and chilled vibes. No party place. Although we had some nice beers in the evening sometimes watching the sunset from the rooftop. I defenitly recommend!

• 7th Dec 2015

Great location right by the beach. Frlendly helpful staff, enjoyed my stay.

Unfortunately I didn't love my stay at La Ventana. The staff was really nice and accodamating but there was only 1 bathroom for more than 12 people to share and that really dampened my stay. Even when I would wake up super early to use it, it was always occupied. I stayed in the room Trinidad which was tiny and barely had space to open my suitcase without taking up the whole room. Upside was when you stepped out of the hostel the ocean was right there. Definitely a huge plus :)

Thanks for your feedback! As soon as possible we will add additional bathrooms on the groundfloor. Its high season now and we can´t really do anything about it right now.The bathroom in the groundfloor situation is not perfect right now but for many guests its an ok situation. But as we always want to improove we will add addional ones. Anyway we have also rooms with private bathrooms (only 6 persons sharing in bathroom).

I am a Digital Nomad, Designer and i have been working and living for 2 months in Ventana Azul. The roof top where you can only hear the sound of the ocean is perfect to work, chill out or have some beers in the evening. Easy access to everywhere, friendly nice staff will help you out what you ask during your staying! Everything in hostel is very well organized! Truly highly recommendable!

Stayed in several hostels on GC, and taking all in consideration, this was the best I stayed in.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Norway

Hostel with a great location, just in front of the beach. The upstairs room is way too small for the 6 beds, you can hardly move around. The bathroom was very dirty, and there's only 2 toilets for each floor, which is not enough. The common areas are limited to the terrace, where music is played loud all day, and to the small reception area. If you are looking for a quiet, clean place to work or chill, this is not a good option.

1.) If you staid in our hostel more than 5 minutes you would have seen that the bathroom was cleaned 2 times this day. 2.) At the same moment we had 8 guests working in the hostel & they loved it. 3.) 6 persons sharing 1 bathroom should be ok. 4.) We have 24 beds but space for 40 people in our common areas. 5.) Loud music all day? You did not even stay all day. 6.) The room is quite small, true. We are already designing new beds, to gain more space.

The terrace is beautiful and the view from it even more beautiful. Location really can't be better. It is truly zero meters from the beach right on the paseo. The stuff keeps clean all rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and the rest of the hostel all day. The atmosphere in the hostel is warm and friendly especially at the evening in the terrace.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Their huge rooftop terrace with amazing ocean view is perfect place to enjoy sunset with good company. Staff is super friendly and the atmosphere is great. An Austrian guy, who runs this place, knows everything about the island and can suggest even not so well known places to go. This place is highly recommended :)

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Estonia

Even if I was travelling alone, the amazing ocean view from the terrace combined with the friendliest staff and guests made me wanna stay here for ever :-) :-) :-) Definitely CU soon guys!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Greece

The best hostel I have been ! It has the perfect combination of all you want for your vacations: -Perfect ambience with a friendly staff in a open air terrace with views to the beach. -Close to the surf school and the surfing spots of the island. -5 minutes walk to the bus stations, where you can go to visit the rest of the Las Palmas or even other places of the city (The staff showed me several trekking routes to desertic beaches) -Very clean kitchen with your own personal space 10\10

View all Gran Canaria Hostels