Ventana Azul Las Palmas Hostel Reviews

Paseo de las Canteras 53, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

Very relaxed atmosphere.. the staff are hard working and very helpful . They have a private apartment over looking the sea ,amazing views,! I would recommend this to a small family .... The owner is a wonderful person , great to talk too . I had a great time .... I would recommend this hostel to anyone ... Great company if thats what you want . When I go back I will be taking the private apartment as I love to nap in the afternoon and cant sleep in a dorm to noisy for an old fart like me xx

great place + great people – thanks for this perfect stay in las palmas!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Austria

We had an amazing time at the Ventana Azul, meeting and chatting with lovely people, chilling on the terrace while having one or two beer looking at the sea :) Thanks a lot!!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Austria

I never slept closer to the sea. During the football worldcup we were watching the games on the rooftop while watching the sun go down in the sea. Perfect location, friendly and funny staff. I stayed in a 6 persons dorm and i liked that fact that each bed has a curtain for more privacy. Its a pity that the roof top is closed at midnight, otherwise it would be perfect to sleep outside! I will be back for sure. Special thanks to Marga, Hugo and Sofia from the team!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Very chilled hostel. Fantastic location.

It was an excellent experience, especially because of the very welcoming and helpful staff. I definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Gran Canaria who wants a beautiful view of the beach, a great location, and an inviting hostel staff.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very friendly people's, 50% are surfers ( also learning as well ) and very laid back atmosphere! Super friendly staff included. Fantastic roof terras ! Had a great time here. Good vibe !!!

• 31st May 2014

I really enjoyed the time spent at La Ventana Azul. It's a very clean friendly and comfy hostel with the perfect location just few steps from Las Canteras Beach. The owner is making improvements all the time and there is a brand new cosy chillout area on the rooftop terrace! This place is more like home than a hostel and I'm sure I'll come back to enjoy that atmosphere, sunsets, BBQs and meet good people from all around the world again :)

Hi! La Ventana Azul is just 10 seconds from the ocean so location is perfect! I had never seen before three - storey bed and with curtains. It is interesting and realy comfortable. Imagine you can have your privacy, little world in hostel. It was great ;-) Hostel is clean and staff is helpful, friendly and nice. The only bad thing is that you can't bring lovely rooftop home with you :-) I had such an amazing time. Thank you!

• 28th May 2014
  • Slovakia

La Ventana Azul is The place to be in Las Palmas. Do you want to enjoy the perfect sea view, a beautiful sunset every day? Just come over to the rooftop, hang loose and enjoy your stay. The hostel is really well located, the staff makes you feel like at home. Low prices, good vibes, nice people, and an incredibly beautiful view to the Canteras beach...what else do you want from life? Shortly: "highly reccomended". ;)

We came from Fuerteventura and only planned on staying for the weekend, but then somehow got stuck for a week. Met so many students and travellers from all over the world, Las Palmas is a real nice city. Plenty of good burger places and an awesome nightlife... Plaza de la musica is highly recommended at almost every day of the week... the Beach right in front of the door, a beautiful island, cheap cabs, have to love this place, thanks to the staff and hostel! You're awesome :)

• 24th May 2014
  • Ragnar

I really enjoyed my stay here it was awesome. It doesn't feel like you're staying at a hostel it's more like staying at a house with friends. The staff was super friendly and really helpful. The only thing I would change is making the Wifi work all over the place, but that's just something small that doesn't really matter! I loved staying here!

• 11th May 2014

Good team in the hostel, pretty clean and good location with a view on the playa de Las Canteras Beware the wind on the terrasse!!

It's been my second stay at la ventana azul and definitely not my last! I had a great time again and I'll come back for sure. Very friendly staff, nice guests, funny evenings with BBQs and sitting together, talking, laughing and enjoying the ocean view at the cosy rooftop terrace. Best place in Las Palmas!

• 3rd May 2014

My stay at La Ventana Azul was absolutely great! I met a lot of nice people in this lovely wonderful place. The best thing about it is the location of the hostel next to the las Canteras beach, so i could sea a sun set every evening on the super nice roof top. the whole house has a great atmosphere and is funitured very comfy and has a lot of space for everyone. livingroom, big kitchen, rooftop and the rooms with self made bunk beds are really unique! wonderful place!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Austria

No doubts: only one place to stay in LP! Amazing people, awesome location and an atmosphere which totally outclassed my expectations of a seaside-surf-hostel. Had an absolute blast here & will be back asap!

• 22nd Apr 2014

The hostel has a fantastic location, awesome rooftop view and great atmosphere. Staff helpfully responded to all our queries. Rooms were simple, and could have used more power points, but functioned well. The owner also heaped out with heaps of advice and good humour. A great place to meet surfers and people interested in outdoor activities. Also, although there was only a few toilets, it never seemed to be a problem, and they were always clean. I would stay here again happily.

Best location for a hostel in town! It´s on the beach, the water is so beautiful at night, could watch the waves all day long, walk to different surfspots, go on island trips together, still in contact with some of the staff working there, they are so lovely! Also the art is developing so quickly- its amazing and inspiring! Could defenitly recommend this place, even though my arrival was a bit chaotic, we figured everything out! Me encantaaa! :)

View all Gran Canaria Hostels