Ventana Azul Las Palmas Hostel Reviews

Paseo de las Canteras 53, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Spain

I only stayed for one night but I had a really good time. The people staying there were so friendly, and so was the staff. They have snorkelling equipment that you can grab for free, which is great. Also, the location is just perfect, right in front of the most popular beach in canarias.

Awesome hostel. Such a cool vibe. The rooftop is definitely the draw card, it's so cool. Awesome place to chill, watch people walk by, watch the surf. It's really like living at someone's gigantic house. There is a kitchen and a dining room, only a few bedrooms which are pretty squished in. The staff are awesome, just like your friends accept they have to work every now and then. Definitely recommend this place and would stay there again.

Loved this place. I've already booked another, longer stay, for December

Had an absolutely amazing time..... didn't want to leave! Highly recommend this place :)

• 19th Jul 2014

Very relaxed atmosphere.. the staff are hard working and very helpful . They have a private apartment over looking the sea ,amazing views,! I would recommend this to a small family .... The owner is a wonderful person , great to talk too . I had a great time .... I would recommend this hostel to anyone ... Great company if thats what you want . When I go back I will be taking the private apartment as I love to nap in the afternoon and cant sleep in a dorm to noisy for an old fart like me xx

The Ventana Azul is "from the people for the people" surf house. The vibe is extremely positive and loving. The focus here is to have an amazing experience while feeling at home. From beautiful ocean view BBQ, movies nights or tapas nights, the surfer traveler community is here is always willing to get something happening but still respecting those who wish to sleep. Tthe hostel is right spank in front of the blue ocean where you swim, sun bathe, and snorkel. A true hostel in my eyes. Thanks!

• 13th Jul 2014

great place + great people – thanks for this perfect stay in las palmas!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Austria

We had an amazing time at the Ventana Azul, meeting and chatting with lovely people, chilling on the terrace while having one or two beer looking at the sea :) Thanks a lot!!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Austria

I never slept closer to the sea. During the football worldcup we were watching the games on the rooftop while watching the sun go down in the sea. Perfect location, friendly and funny staff. I stayed in a 6 persons dorm and i liked that fact that each bed has a curtain for more privacy. Its a pity that the roof top is closed at midnight, otherwise it would be perfect to sleep outside! I will be back for sure. Special thanks to Marga, Hugo and Sofia from the team!

Very chilled hostel. Fantastic location.

It was an excellent experience, especially because of the very welcoming and helpful staff. I definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Gran Canaria who wants a beautiful view of the beach, a great location, and an inviting hostel staff.

• 18th Jun 2014

Very friendly people's, 50% are surfers ( also learning as well ) and very laid back atmosphere! Super friendly staff included. Fantastic roof terras ! Had a great time here. Good vibe !!!

• 31st May 2014

I really enjoyed the time spent at La Ventana Azul. It's a very clean friendly and comfy hostel with the perfect location just few steps from Las Canteras Beach. The owner is making improvements all the time and there is a brand new cosy chillout area on the rooftop terrace! This place is more like home than a hostel and I'm sure I'll come back to enjoy that atmosphere, sunsets, BBQs and meet good people from all around the world again :)

Hi! La Ventana Azul is just 10 seconds from the ocean so location is perfect! I had never seen before three - storey bed and with curtains. It is interesting and realy comfortable. Imagine you can have your privacy, little world in hostel. It was great ;-) Hostel is clean and staff is helpful, friendly and nice. The only bad thing is that you can't bring lovely rooftop home with you :-) I had such an amazing time. Thank you!

• 28th May 2014
  • Slovakia

La Ventana Azul is The place to be in Las Palmas. Do you want to enjoy the perfect sea view, a beautiful sunset every day? Just come over to the rooftop, hang loose and enjoy your stay. The hostel is really well located, the staff makes you feel like at home. Low prices, good vibes, nice people, and an incredibly beautiful view to the Canteras beach...what else do you want from life? Shortly: "highly reccomended". ;)

We came from Fuerteventura and only planned on staying for the weekend, but then somehow got stuck for a week. Met so many students and travellers from all over the world, Las Palmas is a real nice city. Plenty of good burger places and an awesome nightlife... Plaza de la musica is highly recommended at almost every day of the week... the Beach right in front of the door, a beautiful island, cheap cabs, have to love this place, thanks to the staff and hostel! You're awesome :)

I really enjoyed my stay here it was awesome. It doesn't feel like you're staying at a hostel it's more like staying at a house with friends. The staff was super friendly and really helpful. The only thing I would change is making the Wifi work all over the place, but that's just something small that doesn't really matter! I loved staying here!

• 11th May 2014

Good team in the hostel, pretty clean and good location with a view on the playa de Las Canteras Beware the wind on the terrasse!!

It's been my second stay at la ventana azul and definitely not my last! I had a great time again and I'll come back for sure. Very friendly staff, nice guests, funny evenings with BBQs and sitting together, talking, laughing and enjoying the ocean view at the cosy rooftop terrace. Best place in Las Palmas!

• 3rd May 2014

My stay at La Ventana Azul was absolutely great! I met a lot of nice people in this lovely wonderful place. The best thing about it is the location of the hostel next to the las Canteras beach, so i could sea a sun set every evening on the super nice roof top. the whole house has a great atmosphere and is funitured very comfy and has a lot of space for everyone. livingroom, big kitchen, rooftop and the rooms with self made bunk beds are really unique! wonderful place!

• 25th Apr 2014