Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Reviews

4-6 Hopetoun Street, Auckland, New Zealand

There should be at least small lockers somewhere in the hostel that could be used to lock small valuable items in, leaving everything out in the rooms or carrying valuables around with you isn't ideal. I have never stayed at a hostel before that doesn't have some form of lockers available for use. This could be be easily remedied and would give better security ratings.

nice house,nice kitchen,no free WIFI.

Great facilities and great stay! I wish there were lockers or safes to store valuables though since I didn't feel 100% secure about simply leaving all my stuff in the room while random people were going in and out but all the guests were very nice and very courteous!

• 6th May 2015

Decent night stay, comfy beds, big kitchen, and many areas to hang out including sunny outdoor porches with beautiful views. Near K road which has a lot going on. Staff was good, but not really there when you needed them. Atmosphere was friendly, though I was only there one night and didn't meet too many people. Lots of long-term travelers working there in exchange for room and board.

The staff at Verandahs is excellent and very helpful. i enjoyed my stay a lot. I met a lot of people and became good friends with them. Kudos to the staff for always ensuring that the place is clean.

Very clean, great atmosphere, worth the price. A little far away from the CBD but that is why it is great! I would definitely stay there again. However, 2 things to be aware of (1) wifi is very sketchy and hardly ever works for some devices when reception is closed (2) reception hours are not very long. It can be difficult to catch them sometimes. However, despite this I have stayed in other Auckland hotels and this is by far the best.

A nice hostel a little away from downtown Auckland, but in a very nice area called Ponsonby, with many cafes and a nice international food court around. Owner was helpful with any questions I had. No bunk beds in my 4-bed dorm room. Super clean individual bathrooms. Large kitchen and lounge area. Nice porch and lawn at the back. They do charge a 3% fee for using credit cards. Not a big deal, I just payed in cash. Also, I wish they had free wifi. The payed on wasn't very fast.