Verandahs Backpackers Lodge Reviews

4-6 Hopetoun Street, Auckland, New Zealand

nice house,nice kitchen,no free WIFI.

Great facilities and great stay! I wish there were lockers or safes to store valuables though since I didn't feel 100% secure about simply leaving all my stuff in the room while random people were going in and out but all the guests were very nice and very courteous!

• 6th May 2015

Decent night stay, comfy beds, big kitchen, and many areas to hang out including sunny outdoor porches with beautiful views. Near K road which has a lot going on. Staff was good, but not really there when you needed them. Atmosphere was friendly, though I was only there one night and didn't meet too many people. Lots of long-term travelers working there in exchange for room and board.

The staff at Verandahs is excellent and very helpful. i enjoyed my stay a lot. I met a lot of people and became good friends with them. Kudos to the staff for always ensuring that the place is clean.

Very clean, great atmosphere, worth the price. A little far away from the CBD but that is why it is great! I would definitely stay there again. However, 2 things to be aware of (1) wifi is very sketchy and hardly ever works for some devices when reception is closed (2) reception hours are not very long. It can be difficult to catch them sometimes. However, despite this I have stayed in other Auckland hotels and this is by far the best.

A nice hostel a little away from downtown Auckland, but in a very nice area called Ponsonby, with many cafes and a nice international food court around. Owner was helpful with any questions I had. No bunk beds in my 4-bed dorm room. Super clean individual bathrooms. Large kitchen and lounge area. Nice porch and lawn at the back. They do charge a 3% fee for using credit cards. Not a big deal, I just payed in cash. Also, I wish they had free wifi. The payed on wasn't very fast.

Really great location with Ponsonby and K road really close. Friendly staff. Rooms are great no bunk beds! Clean and bright and airy. A lovely garden and right by a park. Only thing that could make this better would be free wifi!

One of the best hostels in Auckland. Great atmosphere, great place. Love everything about it.

Really good hostel! Can highly recommend this one. Nice staff, brilliant location near Ponsonby rd and adorable old buildings just next to a park.

Veranhads A very best spot that is actually three houses beside each other, massive old homes that have been well transformed. Private toilet / shower which was great, quiet and warm and no bunk beds in my room - always a massive bonus!! Kitchen was big and clean with free tea and coffee. Wifi was great as well. Location was the best part as I personally don't love auckland and ponsonby is the only salvation, a funky area of town with actual character and lots of great cafes etc. Just a sham

Très bonne auberge bien située car ni trop centrale (j'ai fait en plein centre et c'est horrible le bruit) ni trop éloignée du centre bus à côté Lieu paisible on a l'impression d'être à la maison ! Je recommande vivement

As a mature couple we were delighted with our private room. The shared facilities were kept very clean and it was very relaxing and an excellent start to our two months in NZ. Location near Ponsonby and the park was great and only a half hour walk to ferry terminal. Highly recommend .