Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Stayed in 16 mix dorm: room comfortable size, clean, nice showers. Didn't feel very secure. Front desk offered use of safe to keep valuables, but would have been nicer in room (my lock didn't work on the lockers). Great location, across from train station, 15 min walk to the port. A bit sketchy at night though. Friendly staff, went through the map with me with recommendations. Nice common area, smaller kitchen. Recommended.

A great hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Felt right at home. Good location in the city centre and easy walking to the train station.

It was a really nice night in Vertigo centre, even if short. I loved so much the decor and the furniture, and the niceness of the staff. Recommended

• 26th Oct 2014

This was such a lovely place to stay! Really great atmosphere and perfect location. I'm not sure if the young woman's name who greeted me upon my arrival (long brunette hair, bangs, very pretty) but she was so helpful, sweet and genuine. The communal space for cooking/ hanging out was cozy and pleasant. I'd definitely stay here again!

Fantastic place to stay! The staff were incredibly helpful going out of their way to assist you in anyway possible. Atmosphere was relaxed and cheerful. Unfortunately kitchen was a tad small, but you just had to wait your turn. Plenty of comfy couches and tables and chairs. Lockers, great hot showers, bar, fast computers, all great . Thanks vertigo.

I staid only one night for a transfer. That's why I arrived late and I left early in the morning, but just had enought time to feel the good atmosphere of this hostel. The dormitory was quiete and the bathroom was clean, even late in the evening. The staff is really welcoming and give you all the information you need for your stay, and even if you have more questions, they are happy to help you. The place is really safe. Thank you.

I loved the look and layout of this hostel, with a cool common area/patio. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms and bathroom were very clean. The location, near the station, was easy to get to, though the surrounding streets were a little iffy at night. The hostel bar had cheap wine and beer, which is always a plus.

I only stayed here one night but it was a pretty good place and super convenient if you arrive by bus / train to Gare Saint-Charles. It's a walking distance to the port and the shopping streets, but the area did not feel particularly safe at night. Staff were really friendly and there is a nice lounge / bar / outdoor area. No lockers in my room though.

very friendly staff, almost every language spoken :)... will come again!

• 10th Oct 2014

Only reason I don't give this place all around excellent ratings is because it is in a very shady part of town. As a woman this part of town didn't seem safe. I would walk out and I literally could count the women with one hand while the men were all over the place. Some of these men made me feel uncomfortable. It is a very heavily influenced muslim part of town and it was apparent that the women around there were nit to be seen unless with a man. Going to sound like a racist but not for

A perfect Hostel in Marseille. Staff were so friendly, hostel was so clean and have a good family atmosphere. Wifi was reachable from nearly every room. Location was also so good, close to station. But we didn't like the neighbourhood; it seems unsafe in night time. Be careful when walking to downtown :) Prefer main streets.

This hotel is literally on the other side of the street from Marseille railway station. As a very famous guide book describes it, it is a boutique hostel. Nice decoration, excellent staff and great location.

Came there at 7 in the morning but no one opened me. This was disappointing! Location is ok next to the train station, so I went there. Longer walk into the city center. Felt pretty unsafe in the evenings as a girl travelling alone because there are so many Arabic men on the streets who are permanently watching you, sometimes even touching and trying to speak with you. Hostel was not really sociable. Kitchen was not really clean, left food a little bit stinky. Showers/toilets only in the room

I based my opinion on my experience from two weeks ago. Due to severe flooding in the south of france during the last few days, it was impossible to get ther. they were uncompassionate enough to charge me anyways and this leaves a bad taste. If i had missed my saty due to my negligence, fine, charge me. but an act of god situation deserves some compassion. too bad, it could have been better

Stayed at Vertigo for two nights last week and absolutely loved it. Staff is very friendly, my 4 bed dorm was good and clean (as well as the bathroom) and location is good - close to the main station and just 10 min walking from the port. it's impossible to bring your own alcohol, but they do have a nice bar and a patio to hang out. would stay there again if ever in Marseille

Had bed bugs! Rooms are nice and staff friendly but the inner court makes the place quite noisy.

great hostel- perfect location close to the train station and walking distance from the port, very friendly and helpful staff, clean room and bathroom, cozy patio. the only kinda "minus" thing is that it's forbidden to bring your own alcohol. but hey, they do have a nice bar, so this minus doesn't count

Good location. Decent hostel. Wouldn't stay again though. Room flooded with heavy rainfall. Saw a mouse in the bathroom and heard a squeaking rodent in my 16 bed room at night. Regardless of the unusual weather, my mattress was lumpy and overall very uncomfortable. Plus, the gentleman on staff late at night seemed to hate his job and got easily irritated with the late night wine drinkers. At least to me, not worth it.

We stayed at this hostel in late Sept of 2014. The staff was amazing, they spoke great english which was very helpful because both of us had terrible French. The rooms were clean and updated, showers had great water pressure. They also have a welcoming bar and patio, great for hanging out!

• 28th Sep 2014

Kitchen is very simple,you can't bring your own alcohol,otherwise,all is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6