Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

this was a very accomodating and friendly hostel. The facade is just amazing as it looks like an inner city. It is very big, and the rooms are very nice. Each room has its own bathroom shared by four, and that was really nice.

Neat place to stay as we read before the area is a little sketchy at night but we didn't have any concerns or problems coming in at night .. loved the outdoor area wish it stayed open very late but we understand people need to sleep :) overall good stay a bit pricey for what you get but the 1euro wine makes it up .. would stay again

Very loud neighborhood, but close to the train station which was very convenient for my 6am flight. Not the greatest but it worked for the one night I needed.

I was not impressed with this hostel because it lacked a number of things, hand soap in the washrooms, working wifi in the bedroom and the shower head wasnt mounted on the wall so you had to hold it yourself. I also didn't feel that the security was good there because they asked you to leave your key at the front desk everytime you left and when you came back to collect your key they ask you your room number and that was all, so anyone off the street could theoretically come in and ask for a key

Wonderful location but three bed rooms were extremely noisy- right next to the common area.

Exceptionally kind Reception Staff of 2 guys and one girl, cannot imagine anything better! Good location. Computers and Internet are available for free! Bad things are the mold and mosquitos.

Nice staff, nice quiet place. Bad points : too few space in the fridges, such a shame we cannot bring our own alcohol inside and have to buy some at the bar.

• 14th May 2015

This hostel isn't in the greatest area; the neighborhood a little rough and about a 15 minute walk from the port. Nothing unmanageable though. Having a bar in the hostel was nice (only 1€/glass of wine), breakfast was worth the 5€. Nice common area! Room was clean but nowhere to lock up my stuff. Also, you leave/pick up your key at the front desk without any ID verification. We only had 2 keys and 3 outlets (counting the 1 in the bathroom) for 4 people. Little complaints aside, Vertigo was good!

Staff was outstandingly helpful.

Located 5 minutes walking distance from the train station and the supermarket, Vertigo was pretty convenient for me to stay in. Atmosphere in the hostel isn't much about party but more chilled and social. My room was amazing, with plenty of space to do whatever. Staff members were also very nice and helping. Definitely recommended to others

I had a really happy and comfortable stay at Vertigo. The staff were really welcoming and I was genuinely sad to leave at the end of my visit. I stayed in a deluxe double room which had its own little balcony - really nice. My only issues were small ones: I found it quite noisy at night, mostly just the noise of doors slamming elsewhere in the hostel. Also, the shower didn't have a 'bracket' to attach the shower head to the wall, so I had to hold it in my hand which was a little bit annoying

• 11th May 2015

i had a very good stay in Marseille, the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff was extraordinary. also the hostelbuilding itself was great. The only thing that was not good, is the fact that you can't lock the lockers in the 18 bed room, at least if you don't bring your own lock, which also has no key. That way you always have to leave your valuables at the reception. exept for that, perfect hostel!!! :)

• 9th May 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel was very well kept and there was tons of space, even in the 16 person room. The breakfast was nice and the staff were friendly, however the area where the hostel is located was not very welcoming.

Good one.

This hostel was well kept, the beds were good and breakfast although not included was pretty good for the price! The street the hostel is located on was pretty sketchy for a young female, but other than that this hostel is close to lots of main attractions!

Not a lot of cutlery in the kitchen, no locks on the 16 bed dorm door

Location is good, rooms are clean. I loved it!!!:)

Good place to stay for a night. Located very close to the Marseille Railway station. It does look like a shady place. In case if yo plan to return at night, try taking the roundabout way through the main avenues rather than through the narrow lanes. Staff are ok. Restrooms are neat.

A great hostel at an affordable price in the center of Marseille. Lovely atmosphere and really nice and helpful staff - would definitely recommend this place !

• 1st May 2015

Breakfast too expensive 5 Euros it Should around 2 Euros :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3