Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Aside from a bunk bed that could use some more cross-bracing, this place was great.

Really near from station and nice staff.

Excellent staff. Nice atmosphere. I was in a single room on the top floor. It had a balcony with a nice wiew. The hostel has a nice bar and cool common areas, good for hanging out and socialaizing. The neighbourhood is a bit rough, but if you take your precautions and listen to the advice from the staff, everything should be all right. The location is otherwize excellent:, 3 minutes form the train station, 20 minutes from the Vieux Port, which is the heart of Marseille.

I loved the staff, all of them were very kind and helpful. The matress in our beds were excellent. The room was clean. The kitchen would need to be a bit more furnished.

• 28th Jun 2015

Good hostel, would recommend

I really liked this Hostel. We were close to the metro, the staff was great and the rooms and bathrooms were nice and clean. The only problems I had with this hostel is that our room was above a really noisy street and because it was so hot, the windows couldn't be closed. Unfortunately, while we were there there was also a shooting right outside the hostel. Obviously this was beyond the hostels control but it was extremely unnerving and it made us really wary of being out late.

The staff was wonderful and incredibly helpful for directions and telling us where to go. There is a bar in the hostel, which can make going out less likely. The only issue was with securing my bags, they had a small safe for laptops/passports and a room for bags but these were communal and easy to get mixed up or stolen. Other than that, great hostel!

The staff was great, and we loved the bar and hangout area downstairs. It didn't feel very safe though, you left your keys and had to ask for them when returning. Basically you could ask for any room.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sydknnee

Great location, nice with a kitchen to cook your own meals. Helpful staff. No lockers in the room, no air conditioner just a table fan. The wifi kept disconnecting sometimes but theres free computers to use.

Beautiful little place!! very clean and the location is perfect! Very good for money. I highly recommand to stay there! Thank you

• 20th Jun 2015

We had a double bedroom on the top floor with it's own balcony which was really nice. Very friendly staff and very close to St Charles train station. Deserves it's Lonely Planet reccommendation.

• 19th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff were very friendly. They were able to give good directions to places to go. The room I stayed in was impeccably clean, but was near the social area which was fairly loud into the night, which would be my only complaint, and a minor one at that. A pair of earplugs would fix that in a hurry. Overall, a great stay! I would definately stay here again and recommend it to others.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thank you very much! We are happy to know that you had a great stay with us. All the best

Not super clean but the staff were all nice. Not the best part of town either

We enjoyed our here much. At first, upon the from St Charles , we found that the part of town it is located was sketchy, with people loitering streets. We found that its just the local culture, and that are very friendly and more social than even Parisians. The hostel is kept in great condition with many baths and room for each persons. This has everything you need in great for hopping onto the Metro lines.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Location is excellent if you travel by train. We stayed in a pretty spacious private room with toilet. In day time, it can be very noisy with the people and traffic downstairs. Since the wall is pretty thin, the bed sometimes will be shaking when cars are passing through and people banging the doors. Also, WIFI doesn't work at night in room which is a huge issue for me. The bed sheet hasn't been cleaned very thoroughly...It smells..But convenience is a definite WIN.

Hey! It is the very first time we hear that the sheets are smelly. Just so you know, the cleaning service is provided by another company. I'll contact them to let them know. Thank you for letting us know. All the best

Very clean rooms, well informed staff. Has bar and large shared spaces in the ground floor which is great for a solo traveler to meet people. Kitchen is not much but it'll work. Not to mention there's a 'fast food' place right across the street where you can get a sandwich and fries for 3 euro. Good price for what you get.

the location of This hostel is not good.. We did not feel safe at all

• 14th Jun 2015

the staff was really good, and the atmosfere of the hostel is amaizing. The location is not very nice, but is not dangerous and is not that far from the city center, and is literaly next to the main train station

We really liked it here! Even booked 2 extra nights.

• 13th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing, lots of opportunity to meet people and make travel friends. Unfortunately the location was not good. Whilst it is close to the train station and an easy walk to the port, I didn't feel safe walking around the streets near the hostel as a female.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6