Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Hostel was expensive for what it was. Paid for ensuite but only shower and sink in room, toilet in hallway. Close to bus station which was handy but the area was not the nicest. Common area was nice and atmosphere ok.

One of the male staff had an unhappy attitude. Not one smile. No greeting or bonjour, just a long look and then return to what he was doing. Multitasking with multiple guests shows disrespect. Lack of communication made me wonder if he was completing my request or doing something else. Doesn't seem the type to be working at a hostel.

Very close to the train station, nice rooms, very cool atmosphere and just a 10-15 min walk from the city center.

Very clean hostel! I stayed in the 16 bedroom dorm, which is split into two floors. Just the kitchen and the fridges are a little bit too small.

Great hostel. Simple clean and with chilled atmosphere. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was spacious. Staff were very kind and helpful

• 19th Aug 2015

It's a nice hostel, the best for me the personal who was there, really kind, and always open to help you with what you need. The bad things is that the kitchen it's quite small, but I have no problems of overvooking there, and Internet connection, was sometimes so slow. The room I was(6 shared bedroom), was very nice, so clean, 1 complete toilet, and another one with a shower, the worst about it is that the bed are quite noisy, if you move a bit, it makes quite noise. I would repeat, it's nice!

Vertigo Centre was certainly one of the best hostels we've ever enjoyed! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the space was clean and welcoming, and the energy suited us perfectly.

• 16th Aug 2015

just horrible location. everything else was great. just be prepared to pay for everithing

Thank you to all the staff for their good humor, patience and helpfulness.

• 13th Aug 2015

While booking on web, i watched the promotional photos of the hostel and i thought: "Well, it seems good, but probably the website makes it look more fascinating than it is in fact". I was wrong. The hostel is really kind, more than in photos. The atmosphere is both elegant and genuine. And the staff gave us precious suggestions to live Marseille at its best.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great location two minutes from the train station, nice staff, great communal kitchen and lounge, good big dorm rooms, clean bathrooms (with bath mats!!!), wifi fast in communal area. Only bad thing is you have to give your key to reception when you go out then when you come back and get it someone just gives you whatever key you ask for. So anyone could get the key to your room, not very safe for your things.

I loved the staff and the atmosphere, but I was in room 1 which is just a horrible room! It's right next to the common area, and by the walk way to the other rooms, so it was so noisy, there's no aircon and the room is tiny so you have to open the windows, which means that there is no security because everyone walks past and can see in. Room 1 just the worst. Also, a "female only" dorm would be nice.

Wifi was good. Location is close to the train station but not much else. I arrived late and only stayed the night so I'm not sure about the atmosphere around the hostel during the day. There is no AC so had to sleep with the windows open and it was VERY loud outside all night. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Hostel has a nice looking cafe/ bar which was closed when I got there.

security doesn't exist. no lock on the big dorm (smaller rooms may have keys) with the door just left open and no lock on the hostel door either. this is made worse by the fact only large padlocks work on the lockers and it is in a very unsafe area (a quick look on the Internet will confirm this), we didn't feel safe at all walking down to the harbour. staff were nice can only give everything else 3* as I only stayed for 2 hours before checking out and finding a hotel.

Very friendly people, helpful when I was in trouble. English welcome always possible :)

Awesome hostel! I highly recommend it.

Stayed here 1 night as we were in Marseille for a stopover. Location is central-ish and really close to the bus stop which is handy. Streets around are pretty smelly and grimey, but that just seems to be a Marseille thing. Guy that was working there during the day was really friendly and helpful. Room was nice with lots of bathrooms. Beds were comfy, good amount of powerpoints. Not there long enough to say what the vibe was like. Cheap for Marseille standards!

Good hostel in a convenient location. Wifi was a bit spotty. Bar had one Euro wine night every night so that made the place more social.

The staff was the best part of my stay. They were all EXTREMELY helpful and accommodating. They were also very cool people and good for a chat. I am very grateful to the staff.

• 1st Aug 2015

cool hostel cool people awesome wifi!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7