Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Great service from the staff, great location, great atmosphere, great standard, great value for the money.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Everything was fine but the staff were a bit useless

good breakfast the young woman who checked us in was very nice and helpful good computer availability good maps good directions fans good private room was nice (third floor) and quiet, we closed the window on the street and used the fan and the open door for fresh air and breeze

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It's a perfectly good hostel. I don't know much about location (didn't see THAT much of Marseilles). While the room is fine, nice bathroom and stuff, I can't escape the feeling that it's kinda overpriced. I'm sorry, but this is by the station in Marseilles, not London with a view of Parliament or something.

Only stayed for one nigh because close to train station, would not recommend area for anything other than that. No lockers in room, but wasn't a problem. Recommend for one night close to station.

Just a place to sleep. Staff did not offer much assistance or extra help, the hostel was quiet, and nobody interacted. It is a three minute walk from the train station which was very nice. However, I was thoroughly unimpressed with my overall experience.

I liked it here - the rooms are huge and comfy. Good beds. Good locket system. Plenty of room to put your stuff. Great common area. Slight draw back was that there is only 1 cook top in the kitchen. Involves queuing. Can't complain otherwise!

Good location next to the rain station. Reasonable atmosphere. Nice big and clean rooms. Staff member called Etienne was very friendly and helpful.

On location - I found the location very convenient, especially, since I took several day trips using the Saint Charles Station. However, caution must be exercised especially if you are walking alone at night, there are many beggars and dodgy looking people hanging around the station itself. On the staff - The staff were very helpful, plus they speak great english. They also gave me the tips I needed to do the day trips I had planned out in Avignon, Cassis and Aix-en Provence.

This is a very nice hostel indeed, however, it's loud at night which is disruptive if you want to catch a good night sleep. Moreover, I found a single private room with a bathroom (ensuite) a block away for 2 additional Euros. Do your research as it may not be worth staying here. If it were cheaper, it would make better sense. But for the same amount of money you can get so much more....

I definitely enjoyed my stay, it's easy to meet people and the room for 16 people is huge enough and not so noisy. Just one remark , no events are organized!

There was only one staff member I found to be rude, but everyone else was AWESOME! The atmosphere was so friendly and fun, it truly felt like home. The rooms were spacious and clean, the beds were quiet, they have laundry and a semi-equipped kitchen, a bar with excellent wine, and you can't beat the location. 5 minute walk to the train station, 15 minute walk down to the port. Would absolutely stay again; would absolutely recommend!

• 9th Jul 2014

Best hostel I stayed in ever. The staff are what make this place. So helpful. Here, it is all about the guests. The atmosphere couldn't have been nicer. Made some great friends here in the short time that I spent - small bar, nice outdoor area to mix with guests, good space in rooms, clean, safe and not expensive. Stay here. That is all!

Hostel located next to the bus station and train station. Some rooms have key out but others have not and are open, everyone can enter. To use the lockers need to bring own lock. No kitchen but this is not very clean.

The hostel is nice and clean with great location ( minutes to train station and walking distance to the old town). Most of the staff were very pleasant to deal with and helpful. Unfortunately on my second day of stay, I woke up with a bed bug on my arm full of blood. I informed the hostel and washed all my belongings before I left. The hostel said they would take care of it. But before that, be careful of room K1 , the bed by the door right above the bathroom. Overall it's a nice hostel thoug

Good hostel, scary location for a single female traveller.

It's very close to the train station. I stayed in a room for 16 people. The room was very big but there was not window and not air conditioner so during the night was so hot and had a lot of Mosquitos. I slept very bad during the three nights that I stayed there. The bathroom was very good, big and clean.

Staff were very friendly

The hotel is fine for the price you are paying. There's no lockers on the rooms. The staff really helpful and nice. But i dont recommend people to go to marseille! its a dangerous city, on the streets you only see african and Muslim men, no women at all.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The staff was great and it was a fun place to hang out and meet new people! The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but it's so convenient being by the train station. And it's a short walk to downtown.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6