Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

This was my second time here, so a good address, with nice staff. I think that the 6-bed room is actually better than the 4-bed room, but your mileage may vary.

Lovely hostel and great staff.

It was perfect that it was across the station, i only needed a night stay in marseille so i didn't mind.. It's ok i guess, not the best one i've been

I only stayed overnight. Being handy to bus and rail was great. The staff were excellent and so helpful and at 77 I had a ride on a "Merry-go-round" down at the Port, the highlight of my stay! A great place to stay.

Thank you . You have no idea how much your review gives us strenght to keep up the good work. Best regards, Remy

The Vertigo was one of the highlights of my trip to France. Truly great atmosphere, the rooms were simple but very clean (even the bathrooms, often the worst part of a hostel). Sadly there is no elevator, so living on the third floor is quite an exercise! The staff was very friendly and ready to help at any time, special thanks goes out to Stephane and Etienne! ;) big kitchen, cosy backyard. If you want to pass a great time at the Cote d'Azur and meet lots of new people, this is the place!

Thank you! We are so happy to know that we helped to make your trip into something great! I'll pass your thanks to stephane etienne and the rest of the staff You are right there is no elevator, but as it is a really old building, it is not possible to install one. Hopefully you'll come back to visit us again. Regards Remy

vous etes tous gentils. merci!

Merci a toi . A tres bientot!

The hostel is great ... Really good wifi unless in upstairs rooms which is annoying. I've stayed here multiple times as marseille is a great base for France to spain travel. Really close to train station and great social areas . Breakfast is ridoulous for what u pay an think should e included in rooms anyway. 16bed my favourite room .. Cooler gets wifi and all beds have plugs. The 4bed I stayed in had no lockers,plus or wifi or fans really dissapointing. But otherwise great hostel!!!

Hey . Thank you for your review. you are right, we are actually working on different things you pointed out. Lockers in every room first, and wifi on the upper levels, this requires all our energy right now. Breakfast, which is a all-you-can-eat buffet, is not ridiculous for when you go to a hotel is usually costs 7 or 8 euros in France and you don't get all you want. Anyway I'm very glad you had a good time with us. best regards, Remy

After a long day travelling we were slightly dreading our previously booked 16 bed-dorm. However on arriving we were shocked at how fine it was. The dorm is huge with an upstairs part and supplied by 3 showers. The dorm door cannot be locked, but each bed has a large locker next to it so this was not an issue for us. The common area is great with a good bar and a kitchen filled with lots of decent food and drink already. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

perfect stay! would go again.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

nice place to meet ppl!

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at on my trip. The outdoor area is such a great way to meet other travellers, and the six bedroom dorm was spacious and clean. Area is kind of dodgy, but I would definitely stay here again!

great place to stay in spite of a little bit scary location but a perfect one in the same time - 3 minutes on foot from the railway station.Great common space with a spacious kitchen. Easy to make friends. Very friendly staff. Highly recommended !!!!!!!!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Nothing i am very satisfied it was really nice!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

there were no security lockers... actually no lockers at all...

The hostel itself felt like home all the time and there`s nice village atmosphere because of the courtyard where`s the access to the rooms. The dorm (for 6) where I stayed was cozy and there was two bathrooms which was nice. The common area had also very social atmosphere and there was easy to meet new people. The size of the hostel was nearly perfect, there`s just enough people to create that social and cozy atmosphere. The location is near central railway station and not too far from the city

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Really cool hostel with a bar and great for getting into random chats outside with people. Didn't have a locker in the room, but 2 showers. And a respectful nights sleep.

I loved it, very welcoming staff, implecably clean, and an amazing terrace where you can enjoy nice talks or just be relaxed.

It will be better if there is more stove, there is only one and people are waiting for cooking. Lockers inside the room should be added, there is space to put it, why not add it? However, there is a lot of steps in the hostel.... so... if you have a heavy baggage, try to arrange a room with fewer steps.

Good hostel, well located at 15 mi walk from the bars, and it has a big supermarket at 2 min walk, staff very friendly!

Regarding to the atmosthere, I think the hostel should organize special events, as it is not so close to Vieux Port and other interesting places to go at night. I didn't feel very interesting to people of 30's (like me), at least during August - most of the people was at their early 20's.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7