Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

I staid only one night for a transfer. That's why I arrived late and I left early in the morning, but just had enought time to feel the good atmosphere of this hostel. The dormitory was quiete and the bathroom was clean, even late in the evening. The staff is really welcoming and give you all the information you need for your stay, and even if you have more questions, they are happy to help you. The place is really safe. Thank you.

I only stayed here one night but it was a pretty good place and super convenient if you arrive by bus / train to Gare Saint-Charles. It's a walking distance to the port and the shopping streets, but the area did not feel particularly safe at night. Staff were really friendly and there is a nice lounge / bar / outdoor area. No lockers in my room though.

A perfect Hostel in Marseille. Staff were so friendly, hostel was so clean and have a good family atmosphere. Wifi was reachable from nearly every room. Location was also so good, close to station. But we didn't like the neighbourhood; it seems unsafe in night time. Be careful when walking to downtown :) Prefer main streets.

This hotel is literally on the other side of the street from Marseille railway station. As a very famous guide book describes it, it is a boutique hostel. Nice decoration, excellent staff and great location.

Came there at 7 in the morning but no one opened me. This was disappointing! Location is ok next to the train station, so I went there. Longer walk into the city center. Felt pretty unsafe in the evenings as a girl travelling alone because there are so many Arabic men on the streets who are permanently watching you, sometimes even touching and trying to speak with you. Hostel was not really sociable. Kitchen was not really clean, left food a little bit stinky. Showers/toilets only in the room

I based my opinion on my experience from two weeks ago. Due to severe flooding in the south of france during the last few days, it was impossible to get ther. they were uncompassionate enough to charge me anyways and this leaves a bad taste. If i had missed my saty due to my negligence, fine, charge me. but an act of god situation deserves some compassion. too bad, it could have been better

Stayed at Vertigo for two nights last week and absolutely loved it. Staff is very friendly, my 4 bed dorm was good and clean (as well as the bathroom) and location is good - close to the main station and just 10 min walking from the port. it's impossible to bring your own alcohol, but they do have a nice bar and a patio to hang out. would stay there again if ever in Marseille

Had bed bugs! Rooms are nice and staff friendly but the inner court makes the place quite noisy.

great hostel- perfect location close to the train station and walking distance from the port, very friendly and helpful staff, clean room and bathroom, cozy patio. the only kinda "minus" thing is that it's forbidden to bring your own alcohol. but hey, they do have a nice bar, so this minus doesn't count

Good location. Decent hostel. Wouldn't stay again though. Room flooded with heavy rainfall. Saw a mouse in the bathroom and heard a squeaking rodent in my 16 bed room at night. Regardless of the unusual weather, my mattress was lumpy and overall very uncomfortable. Plus, the gentleman on staff late at night seemed to hate his job and got easily irritated with the late night wine drinkers. At least to me, not worth it.

We stayed at this hostel in late Sept of 2014. The staff was amazing, they spoke great english which was very helpful because both of us had terrible French. The rooms were clean and updated, showers had great water pressure. They also have a welcoming bar and patio, great for hanging out!

• 28th Sep 2014

Kitchen is very simple,you can't bring your own alcohol,otherwise,all is good.

This hostel is just a three-minute walk from Saint Charles station which makes it a good base for exploring the heart of Marseille. Staff are friendly and wifi is pretty reliable if you stay in the common areas. You can leave your bags at the luggage room for free.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in! The 16 bed dorm is huge and feels like a cabin! I'd recommend to anyone!

nothing wrong with it at all, lovely staff, good bathroom, very close to main station

• 21st Sep 2014

Staff was great.

• 20th Sep 2014

We llived here for two days, the first day was fine, just a little noisy when people passed through our room. The second day when we entered our room, it was a totally disaster !! They didn't clean the room at all!! That's extremely awful!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Very close to the train station and ten minutes walk from the port. Only good wifi in the common area absolutely no connection in the rooms at all. No lockers in rooms, they give you the option for you to leave your valuables at reception. We were in a six bed dorm which had two bathrooms but they both smelt really bad (not too sure if the cleaners actually cleaned the toilets or if they just put new floor mats down and changed bedding!) The reception staff were friendly and helpful

Great breakfast for little money.

If you want to drink and don't care about sleeping, this place is for you. The staff were very friendly, but the bed was like a plank of wood, and the pillow was very uncomfortable. Huge dorm, people talking very loudly until late at night, cigarette smoke wafting into the room from the bar, and the Wifi dosen't work in the dorm. There are lockers in the dorm, but you need to bring your own, quite chunky padlock to use them (I had brought a small one, but I put it on and the locker still opened)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7