Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Very close to the train station which is a bonus, facilities were fine - wifi wasn't strong in dorms, only in common areas. Clean and tidy

So close to the train station which makes it easy to find. This is a great hostel. The staff are helpful. The kitchen is good. Wifi everywhere. Centrally located in Marseille. This hostel ticks all the boxes.

Location very close to the Saint Charles train station ! There is a kitchen, bar and an outside terrace in backyard for having dinner or a drink. There are two computers for Internet. Rooms do not have lockers, but i had luck with my roommates. So I felt my belongings were safe. Room and toilet was clean. NO breakfast included, its additional €5. After all, it depends on what suits your individual needs, for me all was ok.

Hey! Thank you for your nice comment! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards, Remy

It's very very close to the train station.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • MR-LUCIEN
  • China

Great location! Steps from the central train and bus station and downtown. Everything was clean! Great value too.

Very decent hostel situated perfectly within Marseilles. Everything is in walking distance and extremely close to the main train station. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming and facilities were clean.

4 bed dorm was very spacious, good wifi even in rooms, very limited kitchen facilities

• 12th Mar 2014

NO breakfast included... they'll charge you an additional €5! What kind of youth hostel does that? All the more frustrating as their twin hostel located at the Vieux Port offers similar prices (even slightly cheaper) breakfast included. No youth hostel breakfast is ever worth an extra €5, especially in a dirty street close to a train station. There's a rampant smell of waste water, you can smell it everywhere (kitchen, rooms). Ew. There's only one cooker spot. Be prepared to eat early, or late.

Hello Sir, We are really sorry you had a bad experience in our hotel. Breakfast is not free at hotel vertigo St charles because we don't offer the same service. At hotel Vertigo Vieux Port, it is a basic breakfast while at hotel Vertigo St charles you have a much better quality breakfast. Also, Hotel Vertigo St charles opened many years before hotel Vertigo Vieux Port, breakfast has always been for 5€ and we didn't want to change our offer in this hotel for our regular clients.

Excellent hostel, clean, nice shower and bed, fully working wifi and nice building. Staff is the best, always willing to helo. Price could be lower...but service is really good!

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Spain

everything was great except the directions to the hostel from the trainstation was confusing and the fact there wasn't anywhere (that I knew of) to secure my personal belongs and valuables. I was slightly shocked when I came back to the room and that there were more people in it although nothing was missing it made me really upset that my valuables such as passport and all my money could have easily been stolen.. So if I had a choice to stay again I would not because of this reason.

• 24th Oct 2013

I stayed there for two nights and had a great time. All of the staff were super friendly and willing to help. I found everything really clean and the outdoor space was really comfortable and relaxing. The location isn't prime but was really close to the train station and was easy to find. 6 minute walk from everything was handy but maybe don't walk home at nighttime alone.

• 22nd Oct 2013