Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

The breakfast for which I paid 5 euros on the first two consecutive mornings was very weak. The personnel invoked the excuse that there were no orange juice and milk more, so we had to eat croissant with water (although there was coffee, tea). They should precis in advance what the breakfast would include precisely.

Nice and helpful Staffel,also the location is great. Perfect if you are arriving by train as it s in Front of the Main train Station.

The atmosphere there was really good, met a lot of nice people from all round the world, really gives you a very homely feel. The staff were also really great and friendly and of great help. I lost my RayBan glasses there and i am pretty sure i was taken. But overall the experience was great.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Nepal

Nice hostel, very close to the train station. However, the neighborhood does not seem to be the safest, especially the walk towards the old port. I do recommend the hostel.

great place! the kitchen and common room were great for meeting people - everyone just started talking with everyone, on through the night. the people of the hostel made my stay in marseille unforgettable.

Well we loved the sister hostel close to the train station so go there.. We would DEFINETLY stay there again. This hostel however, is not recommended. The wifi was horrible everywhere. The kitchen was not well equipped, the chairs were falling apart. There were no lockers and the lady wouldn't even lock up our passports. The location is fine if you want to be close to the port. We stayed in the large dorm, which only has one bathroom. The atmosphere is strange. Would not stay here again.

Great hostel, funny evening, nice staff!

Stayed in 16 mix dorm: room comfortable size, clean, nice showers. Didn't feel very secure. Front desk offered use of safe to keep valuables, but would have been nicer in room (my lock didn't work on the lockers). Great location, across from train station, 15 min walk to the port. A bit sketchy at night though. Friendly staff, went through the map with me with recommendations. Nice common area, smaller kitchen. Recommended.

A great hostel with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Felt right at home. Good location in the city centre and easy walking to the train station.

It was a really nice night in Vertigo centre, even if short. I loved so much the decor and the furniture, and the niceness of the staff. Recommended

• 26th Oct 2014

This was such a lovely place to stay! Really great atmosphere and perfect location. I'm not sure if the young woman's name who greeted me upon my arrival (long brunette hair, bangs, very pretty) but she was so helpful, sweet and genuine. The communal space for cooking/ hanging out was cozy and pleasant. I'd definitely stay here again!

Fantastic place to stay! The staff were incredibly helpful going out of their way to assist you in anyway possible. Atmosphere was relaxed and cheerful. Unfortunately kitchen was a tad small, but you just had to wait your turn. Plenty of comfy couches and tables and chairs. Lockers, great hot showers, bar, fast computers, all great . Thanks vertigo.

I staid only one night for a transfer. That's why I arrived late and I left early in the morning, but just had enought time to feel the good atmosphere of this hostel. The dormitory was quiete and the bathroom was clean, even late in the evening. The staff is really welcoming and give you all the information you need for your stay, and even if you have more questions, they are happy to help you. The place is really safe. Thank you.

I loved the look and layout of this hostel, with a cool common area/patio. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms and bathroom were very clean. The location, near the station, was easy to get to, though the surrounding streets were a little iffy at night. The hostel bar had cheap wine and beer, which is always a plus.

I only stayed here one night but it was a pretty good place and super convenient if you arrive by bus / train to Gare Saint-Charles. It's a walking distance to the port and the shopping streets, but the area did not feel particularly safe at night. Staff were really friendly and there is a nice lounge / bar / outdoor area. No lockers in my room though.

very friendly staff, almost every language spoken :)... will come again!

• 10th Oct 2014

Only reason I don't give this place all around excellent ratings is because it is in a very shady part of town. As a woman this part of town didn't seem safe. I would walk out and I literally could count the women with one hand while the men were all over the place. Some of these men made me feel uncomfortable. It is a very heavily influenced muslim part of town and it was apparent that the women around there were nit to be seen unless with a man. Going to sound like a racist but not for

A perfect Hostel in Marseille. Staff were so friendly, hostel was so clean and have a good family atmosphere. Wifi was reachable from nearly every room. Location was also so good, close to station. But we didn't like the neighbourhood; it seems unsafe in night time. Be careful when walking to downtown :) Prefer main streets.

This hotel is literally on the other side of the street from Marseille railway station. As a very famous guide book describes it, it is a boutique hostel. Nice decoration, excellent staff and great location.

Came there at 7 in the morning but no one opened me. This was disappointing! Location is ok next to the train station, so I went there. Longer walk into the city center. Felt pretty unsafe in the evenings as a girl travelling alone because there are so many Arabic men on the streets who are permanently watching you, sometimes even touching and trying to speak with you. Hostel was not really sociable. Kitchen was not really clean, left food a little bit stinky. Showers/toilets only in the room