Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

If you want to drink and don't care about sleeping, this place is for you. The staff were very friendly, but the bed was like a plank of wood, and the pillow was very uncomfortable. Huge dorm, people talking very loudly until late at night, cigarette smoke wafting into the room from the bar, and the Wifi dosen't work in the dorm. There are lockers in the dorm, but you need to bring your own, quite chunky padlock to use them (I had brought a small one, but I put it on and the locker still opened)

One of the nicest hostels you can hope for. Excellent, courteous staff and great interaction with other travellers. Highly, HIGHLY!!! recommend.

Brilliant hostel, great atmosphere with amazing and friendly staff. Great way to meet people as hostel is very relaxed.

• 12th Sep 2014

Location good near train station hence returning. Would not recommend room however, as no shower head attachment to wall,Very noisy at front of hostel. Shared room with person who was living there and so room was very untidy and apparentlyHe left without paying, although one sympathises with people's circumstances and he was pleasant enough. Breakfast was good price and quality, so thank you and like the at atmosphere in hostel.

This was my second time here, so a good address, with nice staff. I think that the 6-bed room is actually better than the 4-bed room, but your mileage may vary.

The best hostel I stayed at and one of the best times I spent in Europe was at this hostel and it's because of the atmosphere here. The staff is very chill and open to having interesting conversation and hanging out. It is also the layout of the place with the outdoor common room which is just good for socializing. The private showers are excellent and so are the rooms. I stayed in a 16-bed room and it had plenty of space. One of my favorite places in all of Europe and I can't wait to come back

• 8th Sep 2014

Lovely hostel and great staff.

It was perfect that it was across the station, i only needed a night stay in marseille so i didn't mind.. It's ok i guess, not the best one i've been

I only stayed overnight. Being handy to bus and rail was great. The staff were excellent and so helpful and at 77 I had a ride on a "Merry-go-round" down at the Port, the highlight of my stay! A great place to stay.

Thank you . You have no idea how much your review gives us strenght to keep up the good work. Best regards, Remy

The Vertigo was one of the highlights of my trip to France. Truly great atmosphere, the rooms were simple but very clean (even the bathrooms, often the worst part of a hostel). Sadly there is no elevator, so living on the third floor is quite an exercise! The staff was very friendly and ready to help at any time, special thanks goes out to Stephane and Etienne! ;) big kitchen, cosy backyard. If you want to pass a great time at the Cote d'Azur and meet lots of new people, this is the place!

Thank you! We are so happy to know that we helped to make your trip into something great! I'll pass your thanks to stephane etienne and the rest of the staff You are right there is no elevator, but as it is a really old building, it is not possible to install one. Hopefully you'll come back to visit us again. Regards Remy

This establishment has been described as a 'boutique hotel', not in my opinion. It's a hostel with some private rooms, ours was on the 4th floor, no lift, steep stairs and heavy luggage, but terrific view of the Basilica.To be fair, the young man on the desk helped my lady friend with her luggage. The facilities such as cooking and fraternising were of no interest to us. Very handy position for Gare St. Charles, but a walk from the Vieux Port. A kettle in the room would be a welcome addition.

• 3rd Sep 2014

vous etes tous gentils. merci!

Merci a toi . A tres bientot!

The hostel is great ... Really good wifi unless in upstairs rooms which is annoying. I've stayed here multiple times as marseille is a great base for France to spain travel. Really close to train station and great social areas . Breakfast is ridoulous for what u pay an think should e included in rooms anyway. 16bed my favourite room .. Cooler gets wifi and all beds have plugs. The 4bed I stayed in had no lockers,plus or wifi or fans really dissapointing. But otherwise great hostel!!!

Hey . Thank you for your review. you are right, we are actually working on different things you pointed out. Lockers in every room first, and wifi on the upper levels, this requires all our energy right now. Breakfast, which is a all-you-can-eat buffet, is not ridiculous for when you go to a hotel is usually costs 7 or 8 euros in France and you don't get all you want. Anyway I'm very glad you had a good time with us. best regards, Remy

After a long day travelling we were slightly dreading our previously booked 16 bed-dorm. However on arriving we were shocked at how fine it was. The dorm is huge with an upstairs part and supplied by 3 showers. The dorm door cannot be locked, but each bed has a large locker next to it so this was not an issue for us. The common area is great with a good bar and a kitchen filled with lots of decent food and drink already. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

perfect stay! would go again.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

nice place to meet ppl!

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at on my trip. The outdoor area is such a great way to meet other travellers, and the six bedroom dorm was spacious and clean. Area is kind of dodgy, but I would definitely stay here again!

great place to stay in spite of a little bit scary location but a perfect one in the same time - 3 minutes on foot from the railway station.Great common space with a spacious kitchen. Easy to make friends. Very friendly staff. Highly recommended !!!!!!!!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Poland

Nothing i am very satisfied it was really nice!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Greece

there were no security lockers... actually no lockers at all...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7