Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

The staff is amazing! Really helpful! Even though, it's very close to the station, I didn't feel comfortable getting to the hostel late at night.

Great location if you're using the train/bus system. Staff were great and very helpful. Kitchen was small but functional. Nice being so close to Vieux Port and other attractions. Would come back.

had a lovely stay, check in/out process was really simple and staff are kind. not very many outlets in the room, which was inconvenient, and the breakfast starts a bit late. no real problems, just a nice and clean place to stay with a kitchen to use as well.

Great hostel right near the train station, the location is handy if you plan on doing any day trips. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have a bar with limited alcohol but you can't bring in your own. The kitchen and common room facilities are good.

You are right, you cannot bring your own alcohol, this is a rule we set up last year to prevent excessive behaviors in the night because we had to deal with big problems in the past. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay with us all the same!

The neighborhood was unnerving, but my stay pleasant enough. I wish I had seen you can't bring in outside alcohol.

Really near the station, 10 minute walk to the port area. Not insecure. No lockers on mmixed rooms. Breakfast not included, but for 8 Euros you get a good one there. Private rooms are good. All stairs.

The location is good and not so good- right next to the station and a simple 15 min walk to the harbour but it is a bit dodgy round the station so just make sure you've got your wits about you and a hand on all belongings! Spacious dorm, mine had 2 clean bathrooms which was really handy, but no lockers which was particularly annoying given the location and that keys are kept at reception during the day so technically anyone could go in to the room and take your stuff. Staff lovely and chilled.

I stayed in 16 bed room. Very large the door to the room has no keys to lock it so it stays unlocked all day. Same with the hostel door no key to get in the hostel but the desk is managed all the time. The 3 bathrooms in the 16 room were well used and not cleaned often enough for 16 people.cleanish.The main common room is broke up in parts very difficult to meet people.Right next to train station but like all areas at the train station not the best.But not unsafe either.It's a large city be safe

Bathroom are cleaned everyday. Unfortunately with 16 people, we cannot go 3 times a day to clean them. Sorry you had a bad experience, try to smaller room next time ;) All the best

Well located very close to train station. Area around hostel not the best but still fine walk down main streets to quay area. Rooms lockers lacking in lockers or other secure place to store valuables. Apart from that, nothing wrong with hostel

really enjoyed my stay here. the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. the hostel is in an ideal location if arriving by train/bus, literally a 2 minute walk and 10 minutes from Vieux Port. I would have preferred if there was lockers in the rooms. I would definitely stay here again

Thank you for the nice comment! We're happy to know you had a nice stay with us!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Vertigo. My only complaint is the location. While the hotel is very well located in relation to the train station, the neighborhood did not feel very safe. I would not advise anyone to be out in the neighborhood after dark, especially women. Other than that, the hostel and staff were quite wonderful!

Great staff and helpful staff. Very clean and spacious. We had the private twin ensuite so it was basically just like a hotel but without the price tag!! Whilst everything was within walking distance when you go down the street there are heaps of men both young and old just sitting on the street staring at you as you go by. It was quite uncomfortable but easily fixed by taking a 2 min detour to avoid the area. Would stay at this hostel again and highly recommend!!

Pros: - Great location right across from the train station - 6 bed mixed room has 2 private showers en suite - You return the keys to reception every time you leave so there's no worry about misplacing them Cons: - Lockers don't work so don't expect to lock your things - I noticed when staff was busy they didn't always lock the baggage storage area

Hostel is easy to find and close to the main station. Very clean and nice atmosphere although beds were super squeaky. This street and area was particularly dodgy, I was the only woman on the street on multiple occasions and was stared at, followed and shouted at when I tried to go for a walk by myself even in daylight. For this reason I would stay elsewhere (perhaps the other vertigo centre location near the port) if I returned, particularly as a solo female traveller.

The best choice I did in Marseille. Nice staff and great atmosphere, thanks!

Breakfast is an additional 5€, it's unnecessarily expensive. However just a few doors down towards the train stations there is a "Boulangerie Pâtisserie". This is the friendliest bakery you will ever find. Open 24 hours ("eyes always open") they make brilliant pizza, croissants and pain au chocolat are 70c, baguettes are fresh and there is a selection of North African pastries. For a cheap meal go to a kebab shop, you can be picky about friendliness the best we found was on Boulevard Athènes.

Everything is fairly new. Room where clean. Staff is wonderful and I met very nice and interesting people. It's a ten minutes walk from Vieuw Port, the vibrating heart of Marseille and right next to the train station, soooo convenient! Loved it! :-)

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

I thought, it was quite noisy. But maybe it's just my age.. ;-)

parfait !!!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Egypt

Thiw hostel was really wonderful..The recepsionist was very kind and helpful. As soon as we arrived she gave us a map of the city and showed us where is the metro, the museums, the sights which are worth visiting. She was willing to help us with anything we wanted and although her knowledge of english was not excellent she still tried to explain us and satisfy us. I totally reccomend it as it is really good vaue for money and it gives you the opportunity to feel like local for a while!!!!

• 3rd Apr 2015