Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Although we stayed in a 16 beds dorm, it was spacious. The and showers were clean. I could stay there again.

It was a really great place to stay! It did get a bit loud at night, but it's a youth hostel.

It was really cute! But since you can't make noise when it's late, the athmosphere isn't the best, but it's ok! No wifi in the rooms, but great wifi in the common area! I recommend!

The atmosphere is alsome, especially because of the terasse. The breakfast is good too. Air conditionner was missing in the room.

• 7th Jun 2015

A convient location to central city and to the Saint Charles station

Nice hostel. close to the station. staff were great. I asked if there was any fruit for breakfast and the lady working said unfortunately not but she found an apple and gave me it! good beds and stuff.

Easy to find. We live in the 4th floor with an awesome balcony and city skyline view. There is no elevator but we do not have much to lift on.

I really enjoyed my time at Vertigo. The staff was amazing, the ambiance was really welcoming, and the location was killer. The only thing is I wish there had been air conditioning in the rooms, it got really hot at night. But other than that, I have no complaints. Will definitely recommend!

• 2nd Jun 2015

The hostel was organized and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and gave me a lot of information about the city. The wi-fi signal was not very good inside the room, but it was ok on common area.

• 2nd Jun 2015

We stayed in the 16 person dorm for a night due to how cheap it was and didn't expect much but it was great! Very clean room and nice atmosphere.

I really enjoyed my stay, cheers! :)

When someone requests an extra night added to their schedule in the same room don't mess it up by adding it on the incorrect day. Resulting in panic of not having a room/ eventually getting a room as someone left early/ but having to pay a different price from original request room booking. When checking out the employee who made the mistake never apologised and was very abrupt when I informed him of his error.

Unfortunately I was the recipient of beg bug bites from this hostel. I have informed the hostel and they assure me they will attend to this. Please check your bed carefully. Aside from this the staff were very helpful and approachable. Spacious dorm room. Conviently close to the train station/metro and only 10min walk to the port.

Great hostel, not a great area but so many cool spots walking distance or by public transport and the main train station is 2 mins away. They have lockers but you can't rent or buy locks from them. I didn't have any issues but keep this in mind if you have a lot of valuables. Great outdoor chilling area with good atmosphere and staff are very helpful

District not really safe if you're a girl travelling alone but fine if you're a group.

We stayed 1 night in order to catch an early departure from St. Charles, so the location could hardly be improved upon. The staff were very friendly and amusing. We had a room on the top floor with a nice if narrow view over the city towards the harbor. Highly recommended.

• 29th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Some of the rooms have lofts, and I slept in one. It is two mattresses on the floor right next to each other. They decided to put an older man, who had clearly been drinking, right next to me, so effectively we were sleeping on the floor right next to each other. Not cool. I asked to move and the guy at the desk acted like I was crazy for asking. He gave me a private room but with a lot of hassle. The rest was good, hostel is nice, clean, and close to everything.

Good breakfast buffet for 5€, kitchen facilities and outdoor terrace were superb, best staff ever! Thank you so much for an excellent stay! :)

If I ever go back to Marseille, this is my choice, without a doubt! It is literally one minute away from the train station, which ended up being perfect for me, and our room was very spacious and I really enjoyed the fact that they had many bathrooms, each with a private shower. The only thing missing was a free breakfast, but there is a bakery just next to it. Definitely a must-go.

this was a very accomodating and friendly hostel. The facade is just amazing as it looks like an inner city. It is very big, and the rooms are very nice. Each room has its own bathroom shared by four, and that was really nice.