Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

It was a nice hostel and the staff were very friendly, but compared to other countries it was extremely expensive for a dorm room.

A very good hostel with very welcoming staff. I would like that every hostel I have stayed in was like this one!

It's a very vibrant place- great to meet new people. And the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Great service from the staff, great location, great atmosphere, great standard, great value for the money.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Vertigo was excellet and highly suggest you stay

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff very helpful and friendly - thanks for a great stay!

• 18th Jul 2014

I loved that it was so close to the train station as I arrived late the first night. I did not feel safe walking around at night alone but I met great people every night in the hostel and going out as a group is just fine! I felt that the breakfast was expensive for what it was so I opted to go to the bakery and supermarket that was 5 minutes walking distance. The staff was always helpful and spoke amazing English. I ended up extending my stay from 2 to 4 nights because I enjoyed my time so much

Thank you! It's a real pleasure to know that people enjoy themselves here at Vertigo! See you soon!

Everything was fine but the staff were a bit useless

Hey, I'm so sorry you had this feeling about reception. We do everything we can to help people the best we can.

good breakfast the young woman who checked us in was very nice and helpful good computer availability good maps good directions fans good private room was nice (third floor) and quiet, we closed the window on the street and used the fan and the open door for fresh air and breeze

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

So great to know you had a nice time, I'll give the message to Nina! :)

It's a perfectly good hostel. I don't know much about location (didn't see THAT much of Marseilles). While the room is fine, nice bathroom and stuff, I can't escape the feeling that it's kinda overpriced. I'm sorry, but this is by the station in Marseilles, not London with a view of Parliament or something.

Hello. Thank you for your comment! You are right, it is not London, but you are in the very center of Marseille and everything is accessible on foot! Plus private bathroom and toilet in every room is not something quite easy to find with a cheap price here. Hopefully you'll get more time to come and visit the city in the future!

Nice place, really close to the station. Nice staff as well. The bedroom is awesome.

I arrived late at night via train so location was good in terms of being close to the main station but the area is shady. I didn't feel comfortable trying to find a bite to eat alone. A good breakfast and awesomely helpful staff who obviously like their jobs. No wifi in rooms, only available communally. Quite a noisy location.

Only stayed for one nigh because close to train station, would not recommend area for anything other than that. No lockers in room, but wasn't a problem. Recommend for one night close to station.

Just a place to sleep. Staff did not offer much assistance or extra help, the hostel was quiet, and nobody interacted. It is a three minute walk from the train station which was very nice. However, I was thoroughly unimpressed with my overall experience.

Very nice place- thoughtfully designed for hosteling and backpacking travelers. There was plenty of space for fun and socialization but even the large dorms were kept very quite at night, which we appreciated. The location was excellent with the station right there and it was a remarkably clean place. Overall- I quite enjoyed it.

I liked it here - the rooms are huge and comfy. Good beds. Good locket system. Plenty of room to put your stuff. Great common area. Slight draw back was that there is only 1 cook top in the kitchen. Involves queuing. Can't complain otherwise!

Good location next to the rain station. Reasonable atmosphere. Nice big and clean rooms. Staff member called Etienne was very friendly and helpful.

Thank you! Great to know you had a nice stay!

On location - I found the location very convenient, especially, since I took several day trips using the Saint Charles Station. However, caution must be exercised especially if you are walking alone at night, there are many beggars and dodgy looking people hanging around the station itself. On the staff - The staff were very helpful, plus they speak great english. They also gave me the tips I needed to do the day trips I had planned out in Avignon, Cassis and Aix-en Provence.

This is a very nice hostel indeed, however, it's loud at night which is disruptive if you want to catch a good night sleep. Moreover, I found a single private room with a bathroom (ensuite) a block away for 2 additional Euros. Do your research as it may not be worth staying here. If it were cheaper, it would make better sense. But for the same amount of money you can get so much more....

Hi, you are right, there are cheaper prices around in the neighborhood, but did you check the place? Most of the time it is not really clean, or you get a curfew which is not the case here, and it is always good to know there is someone downstairs in case something happens. Plus, people come to us to meet people, not to get single rooms. Sorry if you had a bad experience.

I definitely enjoyed my stay, it's easy to meet people and the room for 16 people is huge enough and not so noisy. Just one remark , no events are organized!

You are totally right, and we are working on getting events planned, just need a little more time to find partners. Glad you had a nice stay! See you next time!