Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

This hostel is just a three-minute walk from Saint Charles station which makes it a good base for exploring the heart of Marseille. Staff are friendly and wifi is pretty reliable if you stay in the common areas. You can leave your bags at the luggage room for free.

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in! The 16 bed dorm is huge and feels like a cabin! I'd recommend to anyone!

nothing wrong with it at all, lovely staff, good bathroom, very close to main station

• 21st Sep 2014

Staff was great.

• 20th Sep 2014

We llived here for two days, the first day was fine, just a little noisy when people passed through our room. The second day when we entered our room, it was a totally disaster !! They didn't clean the room at all!! That's extremely awful!

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Very close to the train station and ten minutes walk from the port. Only good wifi in the common area absolutely no connection in the rooms at all. No lockers in rooms, they give you the option for you to leave your valuables at reception. We were in a six bed dorm which had two bathrooms but they both smelt really bad (not too sure if the cleaners actually cleaned the toilets or if they just put new floor mats down and changed bedding!) The reception staff were friendly and helpful

Great breakfast for little money.

If you want to drink and don't care about sleeping, this place is for you. The staff were very friendly, but the bed was like a plank of wood, and the pillow was very uncomfortable. Huge dorm, people talking very loudly until late at night, cigarette smoke wafting into the room from the bar, and the Wifi dosen't work in the dorm. There are lockers in the dorm, but you need to bring your own, quite chunky padlock to use them (I had brought a small one, but I put it on and the locker still opened)

One of the nicest hostels you can hope for. Excellent, courteous staff and great interaction with other travellers. Highly, HIGHLY!!! recommend.

Brilliant hostel, great atmosphere with amazing and friendly staff. Great way to meet people as hostel is very relaxed.

Good location in that it's very close to train station, but bad in that it's close to train station and not the safest area. Only stayed 2 nights back in early September but it was easy to meet people as a solo traveler. Stayed in the huge dorm room which seemed scary because the door doesn't lock but they have lockers and speared bathrooms and showers.

Location good near train station hence returning. Would not recommend room however, as no shower head attachment to wall,Very noisy at front of hostel. Shared room with person who was living there and so room was very untidy and apparentlyHe left without paying, although one sympathises with people's circumstances and he was pleasant enough. Breakfast was good price and quality, so thank you and like the at atmosphere in hostel.

This was my second time here, so a good address, with nice staff. I think that the 6-bed room is actually better than the 4-bed room, but your mileage may vary.

The best hostel I stayed at and one of the best times I spent in Europe was at this hostel and it's because of the atmosphere here. The staff is very chill and open to having interesting conversation and hanging out. It is also the layout of the place with the outdoor common room which is just good for socializing. The private showers are excellent and so are the rooms. I stayed in a 16-bed room and it had plenty of space. One of my favorite places in all of Europe and I can't wait to come back

• 8th Sep 2014

Lovely hostel and great staff.

It was perfect that it was across the station, i only needed a night stay in marseille so i didn't mind.. It's ok i guess, not the best one i've been

I only stayed overnight. Being handy to bus and rail was great. The staff were excellent and so helpful and at 77 I had a ride on a "Merry-go-round" down at the Port, the highlight of my stay! A great place to stay.

Thank you . You have no idea how much your review gives us strenght to keep up the good work. Best regards, Remy

The Vertigo was one of the highlights of my trip to France. Truly great atmosphere, the rooms were simple but very clean (even the bathrooms, often the worst part of a hostel). Sadly there is no elevator, so living on the third floor is quite an exercise! The staff was very friendly and ready to help at any time, special thanks goes out to Stephane and Etienne! ;) big kitchen, cosy backyard. If you want to pass a great time at the Cote d'Azur and meet lots of new people, this is the place!

Thank you! We are so happy to know that we helped to make your trip into something great! I'll pass your thanks to stephane etienne and the rest of the staff You are right there is no elevator, but as it is a really old building, it is not possible to install one. Hopefully you'll come back to visit us again. Regards Remy

This establishment has been described as a 'boutique hotel', not in my opinion. It's a hostel with some private rooms, ours was on the 4th floor, no lift, steep stairs and heavy luggage, but terrific view of the Basilica.To be fair, the young man on the desk helped my lady friend with her luggage. The facilities such as cooking and fraternising were of no interest to us. Very handy position for Gare St. Charles, but a walk from the Vieux Port. A kettle in the room would be a welcome addition.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Hello . Thank you for your comment. Our hostel was NEVER described as a Boutique Hotel! Maybe you got us confused with another place. Best regards, Remy

vous etes tous gentils. merci!

Merci a toi . A tres bientot!