Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

We loved our stay, the double room had its own bathroom, which was great. The only downsides were: no breakfast included and superweak wifi. Other than that very comfy, clean, very close to Gare St Charles, which is handy for early departures, and only a short walk from anywhere else in Marseille :)

It would have been great to share the room with another woman, but I did not really ask first, if you give importance for this or not. It was not possible to lock the door of corridor toilet. Maybe you could think something to approve that?

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • Finland

All I can think if when I think back to my stay here were how twice the guy on staff was smoking with his buddies blocking the stairs to the common area... Other than that I think it was fine...albeit too expensive.

Even if it is a bit far from the port... but it is great!!!

Well run with polite and pleasant staff. Very noisy outside is the biggest minus- but not the fault of the hostel.

Great hostel, nice outside area to drink at night and a short walk to the docks. The staff were either super awesome friendly guys or grumpy and unhelpful (Polish guy in particular, please fire him or cheer him up, I was scared to ask him a question lest he punch me). Really loud at night before 12 so bring your ear plugs!

The hostel was amazing. Really nice atmosphere. The bathrooms were clean, beautiful and with good showers. The rooms were totally renovated, with good beds and sockets everywhere. We only missed individual lights in the bed. The breakfast was not included but they offered an "all you can eat" breakfast for 5 euros that totally worth it (really good croissant, butter, nutella, bread, orange juice, coffee). Totally recommend.

All of the staff at this hostel was incredibly helpful and dedicated to an above average service level towards their clients.

• 14th Sep 2015

The location was close to train station, but in a very sketchy area. We felt uncomfortable walking back home at night. The hostel itself was nice and the staff was super nice. It was very clean, there was wifi in the lobby, and a bar.

I really enjoyed my time here. It is conveniently located a 2 minute walk from the train station but the old port is also within walking distance which was fantastic. All the rooms were clean and the 6 bed where I stayed had 2 ensuite bathrooms. The staff were all fantastic and knew me by the end of my Stay which I loved. Nothing bad to say about this hostel

Simply perfect!

Everything was good, so to mention: location (next to station), price, very spacious rooms... Only downside: check-in took more than 20min as the receptionist was already "off" but still blocking the pc for his colleague enjoying his diner; felt that i could have waited there for an hour and nobody would have cared...

The French staff was pretty rude. Especially the one guy. Outside of that thought the hostel was pretty subpar. It's decent but don't really see what all of the hype is about. Maybe they're paying people to write reviews for them. Stayed in over 100 hostels in my life. Not outstanding in any way. Oh and spent 8€ just to do laundry. Little bit greedy.

Hi, I want to apologise for our staff behaviour if you had troubles with them. We don't pay people to write reviews, you can be assured of that. Also, the machines in the laundry room are not ours, and we don't have a saying on the price. We use them as much as the clients and if we could, we would have them much cheaper.

I was very impressed with this hostel, Val was very friendly and helpful and I met a bunch of awesome travellers there.

• 3rd Sep 2015

I had the most refined customer service there which I was really surprised to get in a "hostel" type of business: Luton Ho or Marylebone Radisson Edwardian standards. But even without this, I would have recommended the St Charles Vertigo anyway: It is clean, as safe as any of the nearby 3 stars hotel I have been with the greatest staff and customers ever. A refreshing atmosphere of easy-going, young and what I would label green-humanity-lover people. Loved every minute of it.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Very friendly feeling, got a good night's sleep

• 1st Sep 2015

The atmosphere is really good and because of the nice living room, backyard and kitchen you can get to know other travellers easily. The room and bathroom was very clean! Supermarkets and restaurants are just around the corner.

It's not bad, it's a solid hostel, just nothing is actually good about it. It's quiet and a nice place to sleep near the train station, but that's about it.

Location is good and the rooms are ok but just no atmosphere at all is a killer for me, the staff make you feel like it's such a burden for you to leave your bags after you check out which also sucks

I stayed in two different rooms here and I really liked the 16 bed dorm. It was very spacious and conveniently had its own wifi and three separate bathrooms and showers. Though, the only problem was that there was no lock into the room so anyone could go in there. The other room was a mixed 6 bed dorm which was nice and clean but had no working wifi. There are plenty of sockets next to the beds too. Location was so convenient as it was right next to the station too.