Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

There was only one staff member I found to be rude, but everyone else was AWESOME! The atmosphere was so friendly and fun, it truly felt like home. The rooms were spacious and clean, the beds were quiet, they have laundry and a semi-equipped kitchen, a bar with excellent wine, and you can't beat the location. 5 minute walk to the train station, 15 minute walk down to the port. Would absolutely stay again; would absolutely recommend!

• 9th Jul 2014

Hey! Thank you! it is always really good to know that someone liked our place. I'm sorry for the rude staff...

Best hostel I stayed in ever. The staff are what make this place. So helpful. Here, it is all about the guests. The atmosphere couldn't have been nicer. Made some great friends here in the short time that I spent - small bar, nice outdoor area to mix with guests, good space in rooms, clean, safe and not expensive. Stay here. That is all!

Thank you! Glad you had such a great time!

Hostel located next to the bus station and train station. Some rooms have key out but others have not and are open, everyone can enter. To use the lockers need to bring own lock. No kitchen but this is not very clean.

ONE room only has no key! The 16 people bedroom, there were keys, but there are so many people in and out all the time, the lock broke twice already! and you've got lockers in the room. Plus, the door is in front of reception, so if anything happen we'd notice immediately! The kitchen is sometimes not really clean, but only clients use it, and we try to keep it as clean as possible, sometimes, there are just too many people not caring nor respecting our material.

The hostel is nice and clean with great location ( minutes to train station and walking distance to the old town). Most of the staff were very pleasant to deal with and helpful. Unfortunately on my second day of stay, I woke up with a bed bug on my arm full of blood. I informed the hostel and washed all my belongings before I left. The hostel said they would take care of it. But before that, be careful of room K1 , the bed by the door right above the bathroom. Overall it's a nice hostel thoug

Good hostel, scary location for a single female traveller.

Great place with a great staff.

It's very close to the train station. I stayed in a room for 16 people. The room was very big but there was not window and not air conditioner so during the night was so hot and had a lot of Mosquitos. I slept very bad during the three nights that I stayed there. The bathroom was very good, big and clean.

The 16 people bedroom has 2 doors getting you to a private little inside courtyard! + the entrance door! You are right, there is no AC, but the walls are so thick, it is always cool in there! Sorry for the mosquitos, it is not quite our fault though, there are mosquitos in summer...

Staff were very friendly

Decent. Should improve a little bit the security, maybe if there were lockers avaliable I could feel safer...

The hotel is fine for the price you are paying. There's no lockers on the rooms. The staff really helpful and nice. But i dont recommend people to go to marseille! its a dangerous city, on the streets you only see african and Muslim men, no women at all.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The staff was great and it was a fun place to hang out and meet new people! The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but it's so convenient being by the train station. And it's a short walk to downtown.

Loved this hostel! The area around it is a bit rough but the atmosphere, and other guests made it well worth it! Itian (not sure if that's the correct spelling?) and Stephane were really welcoming and helpful. If I were to return to Marsielle I wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere!

This is my third stay at Verigo Center and it as good this time. If you have to get up early to take the airportbus at 05.00 the loction is superb. Only a couple of hundred meters to Garesaint Charles!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

very close to the train station, nice hostel. I slept in a dorm called L'église cause in former times it had been a church. This was really lovely.

Friendly staff, great rooms.

It's very close to the gare at. Charles.

Slightly dodgy feel to the street, but really handy location right by St Charles for our onward train the next day. Staff were really friendly, and let us use the internet after we'd checked out to sort out travel after the french air traffic control strikes. Nice room, good locks on the door, good shower, great value.

This hostel is right next to the train and bus station, which is a really bad part of town. I was sharing a room with five guys when I was there and three of them were mugged right near the hostel. I didn't feel comfortable walking around the streets near the hostel. This feeling was shared by quite a few people staying at the hostel. The hostel itself was okay, but it was just in a really bad location.

It looked a bit dodgy from the outside, but inside the hostel was one of a kind. Great location, helpful people and very clean. Great hostel!

One of the nicer hostals Ive stayed in! It has an interesting layout and is close to some really cheap fast food places that are open late. The staff was very helpful to me and everything was clean. If youre staying in Marseille Id recommend it.