Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Very expensive for just a regular hostel. 5 euro breakfast is ridiculous on top of the price and makes for bad vibes

The hostel is next to the train station which is T-O-P! The facilities and very good and interesting especially the dorm. Everything is clean and the beds are good. Only "not good" thing is the lockers don't work and this should not happen especially in a dorm that has the door open for every host.

Hostel was expensive for what it was. Paid for ensuite but only shower and sink in room, toilet in hallway. Close to bus station which was handy but the area was not the nicest. Common area was nice and atmosphere ok.

Hi, Yes, you are right, the bathroom is right outside the dorm, it is still private though. We tries to have it fit in the room but it was too complicated because of the features of the room... We are sorry about it and hope you had a nice stay with us anyway.

One of the male staff had an unhappy attitude. Not one smile. No greeting or bonjour, just a long look and then return to what he was doing. Multitasking with multiple guests shows disrespect. Lack of communication made me wonder if he was completing my request or doing something else. Doesn't seem the type to be working at a hostel.

Very close to the train station, nice rooms, very cool atmosphere and just a 10-15 min walk from the city center.

I only stayed one night, but I wish I could have stayed more...location wasnt that good in matters of safety, you know...it's Marseille and it feels unsafe, even though nothing happens.... its really really close to the "gare" or train station, which is good. My room was SUPER big, great atmosphere. 8 people room with 2 bathrooms. Couldnt ask for more. Definetely would go back.

Clean, secure, and well located. Great staff.

I really liked this hostel. I thought the staff were extreme helpful and friendly! The dorms were always clean and the kitchen was well stocked and very manageable to cook in.

Very clean hostel! I stayed in the 16 bedroom dorm, which is split into two floors. Just the kitchen and the fridges are a little bit too small.

Staff were very good however for the price the quality of the wifi couldve been better.

• 21st Aug 2015

Great hostel. Simple clean and with chilled atmosphere. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was spacious. Staff were very kind and helpful

• 19th Aug 2015

Top Location when you arriving at St.-Charles Train Station. Staff is very friendly and everything looks clean enough for a hostel. Unfortunately rooms and lockers can't be locked.

It's a nice hostel, the best for me the personal who was there, really kind, and always open to help you with what you need. The bad things is that the kitchen it's quite small, but I have no problems of overvooking there, and Internet connection, was sometimes so slow. The room I was(6 shared bedroom), was very nice, so clean, 1 complete toilet, and another one with a shower, the worst about it is that the bed are quite noisy, if you move a bit, it makes quite noise. I would repeat, it's nice!

Vertigo Centre was certainly one of the best hostels we've ever enjoyed! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the space was clean and welcoming, and the energy suited us perfectly.

• 16th Aug 2015

All together I have to admit that I really liked my stay in your hostel. The friendly and helpfull staff has to be mentioned at first. Atmosphere, rooms and facilities were very enjoyable and comfortable. Also prices were good. The only thing I missed was a Lift.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Austria

just horrible location. everything else was great. just be prepared to pay for everithing

Thank you to all the staff for their good humor, patience and helpfulness.

• 13th Aug 2015