Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Great location, nice with a kitchen to cook your own meals. Helpful staff. No lockers in the room, no air conditioner just a table fan. The wifi kept disconnecting sometimes but theres free computers to use.

Beautiful little place!! very clean and the location is perfect! Very good for money. I highly recommand to stay there! Thank you

• 20th Jun 2015

We had a double bedroom on the top floor with it's own balcony which was really nice. Very friendly staff and very close to St Charles train station. Deserves it's Lonely Planet reccommendation.

• 19th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff were very friendly. They were able to give good directions to places to go. The room I stayed in was impeccably clean, but was near the social area which was fairly loud into the night, which would be my only complaint, and a minor one at that. A pair of earplugs would fix that in a hurry. Overall, a great stay! I would definately stay here again and recommend it to others.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thank you very much! We are happy to know that you had a great stay with us. All the best

Not super clean but the staff were all nice. Not the best part of town either

We enjoyed our here much. At first, upon the from St Charles , we found that the part of town it is located was sketchy, with people loitering streets. We found that its just the local culture, and that are very friendly and more social than even Parisians. The hostel is kept in great condition with many baths and room for each persons. This has everything you need in great for hopping onto the Metro lines.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Location is excellent if you travel by train. We stayed in a pretty spacious private room with toilet. In day time, it can be very noisy with the people and traffic downstairs. Since the wall is pretty thin, the bed sometimes will be shaking when cars are passing through and people banging the doors. Also, WIFI doesn't work at night in room which is a huge issue for me. The bed sheet hasn't been cleaned very thoroughly...It smells..But convenience is a definite WIN.

Hey! It is the very first time we hear that the sheets are smelly. Just so you know, the cleaning service is provided by another company. I'll contact them to let them know. Thank you for letting us know. All the best

Very clean rooms, well informed staff. Has bar and large shared spaces in the ground floor which is great for a solo traveler to meet people. Kitchen is not much but it'll work. Not to mention there's a 'fast food' place right across the street where you can get a sandwich and fries for 3 euro. Good price for what you get.

the location of This hostel is not good.. We did not feel safe at all

• 14th Jun 2015

the staff was really good, and the atmosfere of the hostel is amaizing. The location is not very nice, but is not dangerous and is not that far from the city center, and is literaly next to the main train station

We really liked it here! Even booked 2 extra nights.

• 13th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing, lots of opportunity to meet people and make travel friends. Unfortunately the location was not good. Whilst it is close to the train station and an easy walk to the port, I didn't feel safe walking around the streets near the hostel as a female.

I had an awesome time at Vertigo and made some great friends! This hostel is really chilled out, the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are great - I was in a 16 bed dorm and it was so spacious, had great bathrooms (really good showers! After travelling for ages, it's amazing to have a proper shower). Unfortunately there was a big storm one day and our dorm flooded - but the staff did their best to keep the water out and luckily nothing was damaged. I'd definitely stay here again!

Good location if you're coming by train less than 5 minutes away. But the area is kinda sketchy at night and wouldn't recommend coming the back way if you're solo. Was n intersting setup and broken into 3 buildings, overall he beds were pretty comfy and was the place was kept neat.

I loved the atmosphere at this hostel and I met some great people. We were often told to be quiet and leave the terrace area at night due to noise complaints from neighbours. But the staff were nice about it and we were able to move inside. Location is good, right near the train station. It is quite clean and has all the facilities you could want.

Fairly well-situated, though the blocks around it were a bit sketchy. Most of my interactions with the staff were with one woman who was very helpful and kind, though I know several of my roommates said other staff members were less helpful. It has a very friendly environment, great for making new friends, which I loved. My only major concern was security: The 16-bed room has no lock, and there's no security at the front door. I didn't hear of any thefts, but it would've been trivially easy.

This hostel was awesome, although Marseille doesn't have much to offer, the atmosphere at this place make the stay worthy. The staff is very kind and friendly, and it is just a step away from the train station.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Located super close to station is great. Having no lockers was disappointing. Great facilities, bar was well stocked and well priced, and the socializing areas were always full of friendly people. Although the outside essentially has a curfew, due to the neighbours complaining about noise, there are fun places within reasonable walking distance.

Although new bed, the hostel stills looking an old hotel. My bedroom was facing the street with. Lot of people talking. I had to lock the windows because it us posible to reach the room from outside if burglar wants. Some people of he staff were not friendly. Old furniture Staff let people all loud in common areas after 10, midnight.

• 9th Jun 2015

Although we stayed in a 16 beds dorm, it was spacious. The and showers were clean. I could stay there again.