Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Very pleasant stay at this hostel. Just a 2 minute walk from the train station so very easy to find upon arrival. Good facilities, cheap rates and very helpful staff. Also fellow travelers were very friendly.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Wales

Excellent location near the train station. Staff was very friendly and chill. Lounge area and common room is excellent for mingling and meeting people. Area near the train station is a little dodgey so remember try to check in during the day or avoid travelling alone at least until you get to the hostel from the train station. About a 15 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Overall great experience.

Great hostel! Lovely staff and atmosphere! Many thanks

It was a good stay in the hostel, I would go there again. Really nice and helpful staff and the location is close to the train station. And just a 20min slowly walk to the port. The atmosphere was great to meet new people.

the room we stayed is face to the street, so it is a little too noisy in the morning

• 19th Jun 2014
  • China

I needed to stay in Marseille for a night and Vertigo Centre was a great place, right next to the train station. I got in late and left early so I can't really comment a whole lot, but during my short time there I really enjoyed it! People were really nice and friendly. I actually ended up having to stay in Marseille a few nights later (cancelled train) and I went back to Vertigo, the staff even remembered me.

Stayed in a 3 person dorm right off the courtyard. I didn't find it hard to sleep with the courtyard noise. Very close to train station made walking convenient but it is a 15 min walk to Vieux Port and at least 30 to the beach. Rats in area surrounding the hostel scared us at first but they are not in the hostel just there because the surrounding streets are very dirty. Wine and beer so cheap at hostel bar was a plus (1 and 2 euro respectively) and so is the pizza/ kebab shop right next door!

Stayed in this hotel twice and would stay again. Deluxe room has a great balcony!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Latvia

It is very close to a metro station which helps a lot to visit the city. The big room had three showers and that was a good thing because we didn't have to wait too much.

The guys of the reception were really nice, everything was clean and they had a tv to watch the World Cup matches !! The only thing I didn't like was that the Wifi didn't work really well in me bedroom ,everything else was fine!

Had higher expectations for this hostel after reading the reviews, but the hostel was mediocre. Location is good as it right in front of the train station, but the street it is on is a little dirty. Saw about 5 rats running about. No numbered beds, so the receptionist didn't even know which beds were open.

Hostel promised free Wi-fi connection, but it didn't work in our room on the 3rd floor.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is pretty good and clean. Located just across the street from the Gare, pretty easy to find, and a short walk from the centre.

It is a wonderful hostel. Quiet and charming - there's enough space to get to know people well over dinner or a drink and enough spaces for quiet conversations and work also. The staff are very polite and friendly without over stepping any major boundaries. Lovely place. Highly recommend and very very close to both the bus and train station.

Except that check in took some time , at least 15mins though there was no queue , the overall stay was pleasant. A word of caution to travellers with big luggages... There is no lift and if you happen to be on the forth floor... There will be a vertigo inducing flight of stairs for your climbing pleasure :)

staff and the terasse was great and it has a convenient location. Also To have a private bathrooms encreases the rate! BUT: for me as a blonde girl it felt very insecure walking in the streets around the hostels that seems to be only for Muslim men.. We also had a lot of cockroaches in our apartment.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Hi ! Thank you for your review! We had a specialist taking care of cockroaches, but their action takes a few days to be really effective! Now the problem is fixed. Very sorry for that, won't happen again I promise. Regards,

It was one of the best hostel I ever stayed. No such annoying hard

The hotel's location was terrible. I could not get ANY sleep from the outside noise and smells (and I had to leave windows open since there was no AC). Probably the hottest night I've ever had to endure. The wifi didn't reach all the rooms and the "breakfast" was just 2 pieces of bread and NOT free. We had planned to stay 2 nights in Marseille, but we could only handle 1. Basically, don't waste your money or time on this place or Marseille. Head over to Nice instead (only 1 hour by train).

Best 16 person dorm I have stayed in. Very friendly and helpful staff. Atmosphere made it easy to meet other travelers.

• 11th Jun 2014

I only stayed for one night, but it's not really a place I would want to stay longer than a couple nights stay. The room was good, bathrooms were clean, and a pretty good breakfast. Overall pretty good though