Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

There's a small bar next to the reception, it close after 11pm, and there's a kitchen there, that's all I want!

Amazing staff, amazing city, amazing atmosphere to make friends from all over the world!! Much love from Anthony, London

GREAT! Thank you! We are very happy that you had a great stay! See you next time!!

The staff were great, especially Stephane, who is an absolute legend. I stayed in a cool bedroom with a funky mezzanine-type thing in it. On the downside the internet was a bit unreliable, and it's a bit of a walk to see/do things, but it is well placed for the main train station, and there are far worse parts of Marseille you could stay in. Kitchen is a bit dingy and small, I guess. There's a bar, which is always a plus, and when I was there I met tons of nice people. Not a bad hostel at all.

The staff was great! Even though we had some problems with the reservation, they were very friendly. The interior decoration was very pretty and cool. We also fell in love with the inner court. And so good that there was a kitchen! The location couldn't actually be better. The only minus we found is that the air in the rooms was quite damp. The location was perfect!!

Hey! So good to hear that you had a nice stay! Thank YOU for this nice comment! We are trying so hard to give you the best service! It's nice to know that it works!

Really friendly hostel, had a great stay. Staff were really helpful with tips about what to see in Marseille and how to get there. Thank you!

• 6th Jun 2014

Hey! You are very welcome! We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us. Regards,

If you stay in cabanon 1 or 2 its very loud until 2 o'clock in the night. So if you are very sensitive better get another room, they may be more quite.

• 6th Jun 2014

Hey ! Thank you for letting us know. We'll try harder to keep people quiet after night time. Regards,

Loved the location because it was so close to the train station!

• 5th Jun 2014

Hello ! Thank you for this nice review. Regards,

My travel book told me this neighborhood is a good place to get into a knife fight. I was with 2 other guys and we traveled together on the main roads, so we didn't have a problem. The hostel is expensive but good. The bar has cheap Heineken, and the staff is very knowledgeable. Good wifi. Good kitchen, great out door area. No AC but the rooms were well ventilated.

Staff here are friendly and helpfull. I really appreciated it. Location is perfectly located especially for the train station.only thing I didnt like was hostelworlds websites directions to the hostel. Thoes stairs are an absolute killer while carrying luggage. There is a more pleasant route heading right out of the station instead of left down the stairs. It has escalators and the route is a slight down hill rather than an up. I feel its more direct aswell. I would definitely stay here again.

Hey! Thank you for your nice comment! ;) You are right, there is a much simpler way to get to the hotel, but it is also harder to find when you don't know the place! Fortunately you still enjoyed your stay in Marseille! Best regards, Remy

Such a cool quirky place, right next to the train station and short walk to the harbour. Staff were nice and everything was clean. Can hear a bit if notice from everything going on in the streets and not a huge vibe in the bar/ common area but awesome for a relax after massive days of walking :)

Hey! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Next time don't hesitate to give us some music to play at the bar! ;)

Location is fantastic and cannot be outrivalled since it is practically on St. Charles train station. Staff is helpful and eager to help. I only resent not getting breakfast for 26€ dorm. But this is France - shut up & drive. I recommend this hostel!

Hi , Thank you for your nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! You are right, breakfast is not included but 5€ all you can eat buffet is not something you'll find often in france especially with croissant and fresh bread every morning.

Very close to the Trainstation, don't miss to visit the harbour

It's a very good hostel, very secure and just in front of the main train station. The only annoying problem I found were the crackling beds in the 8 people room. Everytime someone was moving, you could hear cause the noise was loud!

• 19th May 2014

You had to return your when you left the hostel and then say your room number to get it back when you come back, so anyone could just say your room number and go into your room. There are also no lockers in the room and the WiFi didn't work at all in our 3rd floor room. Location is close to train station which was convenient but apparently an unsafe area according to a friend from Marseille. Ensuite bathroom was spacious and very clean.

Great location, 2 minutes from the main train station. in a side street but that's not much of a problem. Staff were great, atmosphere was brilliant. Only there one night but got a 3 bed cabin to myself. annoying thing was it was raining so to walk to it from the main hostel building required getting wet. Breakfast was adequate, WiFi was great, computers not so much. Shame you cant bring your own drinks you have to buy from the bar. Everything was clean and no problems to report.

The staff at Vertigo Centre is what I remember the most. There were some pretty nice people and easy to talk to. The rooms were nice and clean and having bathrooms/showers in each room is a definite plus! The kitchen was pretty stocked with cookware. Best of all, its right next to the train station :) Its a nice place to land at!

really good place and staff : )

Great staff!

• 17th May 2014

Really liked the atmosphere and the staff were very helpful! It was a bit noisy, but it didn't make much of a difference!

• 14th May 2014

Expensive, but very nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly.