Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

The hostel is located right next to the train station which is very good. However, the area is very sketchy. I would not recommend any girls to walk around here alone after dark. The girl in the reception is very sweet and helpful. However, the guy at the night shift, whose name I dont remember, was not very friendly and made the atmosphere much worse than necessary. But all in all, its a good place to stay and i made many new, amazing friends.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

There are no power socket in the 3 bed dorm which is quite inconvenient.

100 metres down from main train station and nice people with great rooms and beds!

• 2nd Aug 2014

It's possible room B32 had bed bugs. I got bitten a lot at night. Also the shower room appears to have gum on the floor. Room ran very hot and would benefit from Aircon or a quieter fan.

Really nice hostel! Right next to the train station - the area seems a bit rough during the night, but it's great if you have to catch a train in the early morning ;) And it's not far away from the city centre either. Loved the dorm! Stayed in a 16-bed dorm, and usually those can get really crowded, but there was so much space for everyone. Also great to meet other travellers. Had a fun night. Will definitely stay there again if I come back to Marseille :)

Thank you!! We are very happy to know that you had a nice stay with us. Remy

Yes the hostel is very close to the train station, but the actually area is pretty dodgy..... Otherwise, it's a really nice hostel, with a bar and good atmosphere. Stephen is a legend!!

• 30th Jul 2014

Good people, good vibes. The terrace in the center is nice, made many friends here.

Thank you! That is exactly what we are aiming at! See you soon. Remy

I was only there overnight but found the hostel excellent. Service with a smile and location was good for me.

I stayed here for just one night but it was nice!! Reeeeeeaaaaaaaly close to the station!!! and the staffs were really friendly :)

Overall, the hostel was very pleasant. The only downside was that they were no lockers in the room. All in all, a good experience.

Cool hostel, the staff is really helpfull and its easy to know people. The bad thing its that is located in a zone that seem a little bit dangerous and dirty.

Hi! It is so bad that you had such about feeling about the neighbourhood. No it is not dangerous around here. You came in the middle of ramadan so it was weirdly quiet, now everything is much more alive! ;)

It was a nice hostel and the staff were very friendly, but compared to other countries it was extremely expensive for a dorm room.

A very good hostel with very welcoming staff. I would like that every hostel I have stayed in was like this one!

It's a very vibrant place- great to meet new people. And the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • India

Great service from the staff, great location, great atmosphere, great standard, great value for the money.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Vertigo was excellet and highly suggest you stay

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff very helpful and friendly - thanks for a great stay!

• 18th Jul 2014

I loved that it was so close to the train station as I arrived late the first night. I did not feel safe walking around at night alone but I met great people every night in the hostel and going out as a group is just fine! I felt that the breakfast was expensive for what it was so I opted to go to the bakery and supermarket that was 5 minutes walking distance. The staff was always helpful and spoke amazing English. I ended up extending my stay from 2 to 4 nights because I enjoyed my time so much

Thank you! It's a real pleasure to know that people enjoy themselves here at Vertigo! See you soon!

Everything was fine but the staff were a bit useless

Hey, I'm so sorry you had this feeling about reception. We do everything we can to help people the best we can.

good breakfast the young woman who checked us in was very nice and helpful good computer availability good maps good directions fans good private room was nice (third floor) and quiet, we closed the window on the street and used the fan and the open door for fresh air and breeze

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

So great to know you had a nice time, I'll give the message to Nina! :)