Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Very clean rooms, well informed staff. Has bar and large shared spaces in the ground floor which is great for a solo traveler to meet people. Kitchen is not much but it'll work. Not to mention there's a 'fast food' place right across the street where you can get a sandwich and fries for 3 euro. Good price for what you get.

the location of This hostel is not good.. We did not feel safe at all

• 14th Jun 2015

the staff was really good, and the atmosfere of the hostel is amaizing. The location is not very nice, but is not dangerous and is not that far from the city center, and is literaly next to the main train station

We really liked it here! Even booked 2 extra nights.

• 13th Jun 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing, lots of opportunity to meet people and make travel friends. Unfortunately the location was not good. Whilst it is close to the train station and an easy walk to the port, I didn't feel safe walking around the streets near the hostel as a female.

I had an awesome time at Vertigo and made some great friends! This hostel is really chilled out, the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are great - I was in a 16 bed dorm and it was so spacious, had great bathrooms (really good showers! After travelling for ages, it's amazing to have a proper shower). Unfortunately there was a big storm one day and our dorm flooded - but the staff did their best to keep the water out and luckily nothing was damaged. I'd definitely stay here again!

Good location if you're coming by train less than 5 minutes away. But the area is kinda sketchy at night and wouldn't recommend coming the back way if you're solo. Was n intersting setup and broken into 3 buildings, overall he beds were pretty comfy and was the place was kept neat.

I loved the atmosphere at this hostel and I met some great people. We were often told to be quiet and leave the terrace area at night due to noise complaints from neighbours. But the staff were nice about it and we were able to move inside. Location is good, right near the train station. It is quite clean and has all the facilities you could want.

Fairly well-situated, though the blocks around it were a bit sketchy. Most of my interactions with the staff were with one woman who was very helpful and kind, though I know several of my roommates said other staff members were less helpful. It has a very friendly environment, great for making new friends, which I loved. My only major concern was security: The 16-bed room has no lock, and there's no security at the front door. I didn't hear of any thefts, but it would've been trivially easy.

This hostel was awesome, although Marseille doesn't have much to offer, the atmosphere at this place make the stay worthy. The staff is very kind and friendly, and it is just a step away from the train station.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Located super close to station is great. Having no lockers was disappointing. Great facilities, bar was well stocked and well priced, and the socializing areas were always full of friendly people. Although the outside essentially has a curfew, due to the neighbours complaining about noise, there are fun places within reasonable walking distance.

Although new bed, the hostel stills looking an old hotel. My bedroom was facing the street with. Lot of people talking. I had to lock the windows because it us posible to reach the room from outside if burglar wants. Some people of he staff were not friendly. Old furniture Staff let people all loud in common areas after 10, midnight.

• 9th Jun 2015

Although we stayed in a 16 beds dorm, it was spacious. The and showers were clean. I could stay there again.

It was a really great place to stay! It did get a bit loud at night, but it's a youth hostel.

It was really cute! But since you can't make noise when it's late, the athmosphere isn't the best, but it's ok! No wifi in the rooms, but great wifi in the common area! I recommend!

The atmosphere is alsome, especially because of the terasse. The breakfast is good too. Air conditionner was missing in the room.

• 7th Jun 2015

A convient location to central city and to the Saint Charles station

This is a good option for Marseille - the big room for lots of people was actually better than the smaller 6-person room, where the wifi didn't work. Good location.

Nice hostel. close to the station. staff were great. I asked if there was any fruit for breakfast and the lady working said unfortunately not but she found an apple and gave me it! good beds and stuff.

Great atmosphere, staff were very helpful. The location is easy to get to but the area isn't the prettiest. One recommendation would be lockers for the rooms. Nice hostel overall