Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

I stayed one night at Vertigo Vieux-Port and two nights at Vertigo Centre. I would recomand the both: they are clean and staff are kind. Plus of Vieux-Port: breakfast (juice, hot beverages, bread and jam) included, the location is the best to enjoy Marseille. Plus of Centre: rooms and common areas are very cosy, there is a bar so you can have a beer in the veranda and it is 3 minutes by feet from the station.

Awesome location across from the train station, was a bit expensive but consistent with Marseille but the 4 bed mixed room was large and spacious. really nice and very helpful staff! would stay here again if we go back through Marseille. overall nice stay :-)

Only stopped for a very short stay, had an early train in the morning. Great friendly hostel, lovely staff and common areas, clean and well kept dorm. Ideal location. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Marseille. It's friendly and inviting, the communal areas are excellent and the staff are very helpful. I spent hours lounging around on the worn leather sofas and drinking coffee or wine (1 euro per glass!) and reading or chatting to other travellers.

The staff are really nice and helpful. Almost everytime I showed up at reception, there was a new guy there and all of them were very attentive. The hostel is just a stone's throw from Gare Saint Charles and surprisingly, my room was quiet. The only thing I'd suggest is placing a few lockers in the room, but the rest is perfectly fine. I would definitely stay there if I'm coming back to Marseille.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Dear customer, Thank you so much for this nice review, We are trying to find lockers not to big for the room, Best regards, Adele

This was my first time staying at a hostel and the staff was absolutely amazing! They were willing to helps us with any questions we had. Also, the location is within walking distance of the Vieux Port in Marseille. Overall, it was pretty well-kept considering the low-cost of our stay. I would definitely recommend Vertigo Centre

• 16th Apr 2014

Thank you so much for this comment, it was a pleasure, I hope you will come back soon, Kind regards, adele

location near the train station is good, but too far through dodgy area to the Old Port area.

• 11th Apr 2014

I adored this hostel both for practical reasons (good wifi, nice facilities, secure, easily walkable with luggage from main train station) and a great atmosphere (friendly staff, open shared area). I loved the bathrooms in my room, as it was equipped with two, meaning I could take a long shower without worrying about inconveniencing anyone else. Would recommend this hostel.

Very close to the train station which is a bonus, facilities were fine - wifi wasn't strong in dorms, only in common areas. Clean and tidy

Hello, thank you for your comment, I'm sorry about wifi usually it's working very well, Kind regards, Adele

So close to the train station which makes it easy to find. This is a great hostel. The staff are helpful. The kitchen is good. Wifi everywhere. Centrally located in Marseille. This hostel ticks all the boxes.

Location very close to the Saint Charles train station ! There is a kitchen, bar and an outside terrace in backyard for having dinner or a drink. There are two computers for Internet. Rooms do not have lockers, but i had luck with my roommates. So I felt my belongings were safe. Room and toilet was clean. NO breakfast included, its additional €5. After all, it depends on what suits your individual needs, for me all was ok.

Hey! Thank you for your nice comment! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards, Remy

It's very very close to the train station.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • MR-LUCIEN
  • China

It is a nice hostel. Just next to the train station and a 10 minutes walk from the center.

Great location! Steps from the central train and bus station and downtown. Everything was clean! Great value too.

Very decent hostel situated perfectly within Marseilles. Everything is in walking distance and extremely close to the main train station. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming and facilities were clean.

4 bed dorm was very spacious, good wifi even in rooms, very limited kitchen facilities

• 12th Mar 2014

NO breakfast included... they'll charge you an additional €5! What kind of youth hostel does that? All the more frustrating as their twin hostel located at the Vieux Port offers similar prices (even slightly cheaper) breakfast included. No youth hostel breakfast is ever worth an extra €5, especially in a dirty street close to a train station. There's a rampant smell of waste water, you can smell it everywhere (kitchen, rooms). Ew. There's only one cooker spot. Be prepared to eat early, or late.

Hello Sir, We are really sorry you had a bad experience in our hotel. Breakfast is not free at hotel vertigo St charles because we don't offer the same service. At hotel Vertigo Vieux Port, it is a basic breakfast while at hotel Vertigo St charles you have a much better quality breakfast. Also, Hotel Vertigo St charles opened many years before hotel Vertigo Vieux Port, breakfast has always been for 5€ and we didn't want to change our offer in this hotel for our regular clients.

Near the gare, so it's easy to find it, but a bit far from the old port

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »