Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

First and foremost the staff are really friendly and welcoming. The hostel has a great atmosphere and is in a charming townhouse with a terrace area. The twin room I had was a decent size and was very clean. The hostel is very easy to find from the train station, only 2 mins away! Only really a 15 min walk to the Vieux Port too. Only thing I would say is the breakfast is maybe a tad on the expensive side for 5 euros for what you get - ie. no cereal, yoghurt, meat, just bread and viennoiseries.

• 12th May 2014

Friendly staff. Very close to the train station.

Very nice hostel with friendly staff. Authentic atmosphere, draws a good crowd

Hey ! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. Remy

We enjoyed very much our stay in Hotel Vertigo in Marseille. The staff was particularly pleasant and the hotel is very well located.

• 7th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Merci. Hopefully we'll see you again next time you come to marseille. Remy

I stayed in Vertigo vieux port and Vertigo Centre. If you have the choice, I preferred Vieux Port- newer facilities, cleaner, nicer location and free breakfast!

Best place to stay.Thanx a lot

You are so welcome! See you next time.

I liked the hostel. Good for one night sleep. You just have to take your own towels if you want ro take a shower or rent one. Location is just perfect. No elevator though. I left my big suitcase on a locker they have downstairs and carried the small one up to 3rd floor. I had a nice experience there

• 2nd May 2014
  • Portugal

Great hostel, staff really really welcoming, room average but very clean , really nice reception and bar where you can meet other people or just stay to read and the very charming terrasse where you could stay the whole day! Thanks for making Marseille nicer.

• 1st May 2014

Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful.

• 27th Apr 2014

Perfectly located near the station.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall a great place to stay. Very relaxing vibe with many opportunities to chat with fellow travelers

Thank you so much for your comment, regards, Adele

I stayed one night at Vertigo Vieux-Port and two nights at Vertigo Centre. I would recomand the both: they are clean and staff are kind. Plus of Vieux-Port: breakfast (juice, hot beverages, bread and jam) included, the location is the best to enjoy Marseille. Plus of Centre: rooms and common areas are very cosy, there is a bar so you can have a beer in the veranda and it is 3 minutes by feet from the station.

Awesome location across from the train station, was a bit expensive but consistent with Marseille but the 4 bed mixed room was large and spacious. really nice and very helpful staff! would stay here again if we go back through Marseille. overall nice stay :-)

Only stopped for a very short stay, had an early train in the morning. Great friendly hostel, lovely staff and common areas, clean and well kept dorm. Ideal location. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Marseille. It's friendly and inviting, the communal areas are excellent and the staff are very helpful. I spent hours lounging around on the worn leather sofas and drinking coffee or wine (1 euro per glass!) and reading or chatting to other travellers.

The staff are really nice and helpful. Almost everytime I showed up at reception, there was a new guy there and all of them were very attentive. The hostel is just a stone's throw from Gare Saint Charles and surprisingly, my room was quiet. The only thing I'd suggest is placing a few lockers in the room, but the rest is perfectly fine. I would definitely stay there if I'm coming back to Marseille.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Dear customer, Thank you so much for this nice review, We are trying to find lockers not to big for the room, Best regards, Adele

This was my first time staying at a hostel and the staff was absolutely amazing! They were willing to helps us with any questions we had. Also, the location is within walking distance of the Vieux Port in Marseille. Overall, it was pretty well-kept considering the low-cost of our stay. I would definitely recommend Vertigo Centre

• 16th Apr 2014

Thank you so much for this comment, it was a pleasure, I hope you will come back soon, Kind regards, adele

location near the train station is good, but too far through dodgy area to the Old Port area.

• 11th Apr 2014

I adored this hostel both for practical reasons (good wifi, nice facilities, secure, easily walkable with luggage from main train station) and a great atmosphere (friendly staff, open shared area). I loved the bathrooms in my room, as it was equipped with two, meaning I could take a long shower without worrying about inconveniencing anyone else. Would recommend this hostel.

Very close to the train station which is a bonus, facilities were fine - wifi wasn't strong in dorms, only in common areas. Clean and tidy

Hello, thank you for your comment, I'm sorry about wifi usually it's working very well, Kind regards, Adele