Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Decent. Should improve a little bit the security, maybe if there were lockers avaliable I could feel safer...

The hotel is fine for the price you are paying. There's no lockers on the rooms. The staff really helpful and nice. But i dont recommend people to go to marseille! its a dangerous city, on the streets you only see african and Muslim men, no women at all.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The staff was great and it was a fun place to hang out and meet new people! The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but it's so convenient being by the train station. And it's a short walk to downtown.

Loved this hostel! The area around it is a bit rough but the atmosphere, and other guests made it well worth it! Itian (not sure if that's the correct spelling?) and Stephane were really welcoming and helpful. If I were to return to Marsielle I wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere!

This is my third stay at Verigo Center and it as good this time. If you have to get up early to take the airportbus at 05.00 the loction is superb. Only a couple of hundred meters to Garesaint Charles!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

very close to the train station, nice hostel. I slept in a dorm called L'église cause in former times it had been a church. This was really lovely.

Friendly staff, great rooms.

It's very close to the gare at. Charles.

Slightly dodgy feel to the street, but really handy location right by St Charles for our onward train the next day. Staff were really friendly, and let us use the internet after we'd checked out to sort out travel after the french air traffic control strikes. Nice room, good locks on the door, good shower, great value.

This hostel is right next to the train and bus station, which is a really bad part of town. I was sharing a room with five guys when I was there and three of them were mugged right near the hostel. I didn't feel comfortable walking around the streets near the hostel. This feeling was shared by quite a few people staying at the hostel. The hostel itself was okay, but it was just in a really bad location.

It looked a bit dodgy from the outside, but inside the hostel was one of a kind. Great location, helpful people and very clean. Great hostel!

One of the nicer hostals Ive stayed in! It has an interesting layout and is close to some really cheap fast food places that are open late. The staff was very helpful to me and everything was clean. If youre staying in Marseille Id recommend it.

I had to leave for my train at 5:45h in the morning and Vertigo Centre is really next to train station. Facilities are ok and checkout in the early morning was easy. The kitchen appeared little messy that evening, for exemple there was no drying-up-towel. Room, common area and bathroom where clean.

Very pleasant stay at this hostel. Just a 2 minute walk from the train station so very easy to find upon arrival. Good facilities, cheap rates and very helpful staff. Also fellow travelers were very friendly.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Wales

Excellent location near the train station. Staff was very friendly and chill. Lounge area and common room is excellent for mingling and meeting people. Area near the train station is a little dodgey so remember try to check in during the day or avoid travelling alone at least until you get to the hostel from the train station. About a 15 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Overall great experience.

Great hostel! Lovely staff and atmosphere! Many thanks

It was a good stay in the hostel, I would go there again. Really nice and helpful staff and the location is close to the train station. And just a 20min slowly walk to the port. The atmosphere was great to meet new people.

the room we stayed is face to the street, so it is a little too noisy in the morning

• 19th Jun 2014
  • China

I needed to stay in Marseille for a night and Vertigo Centre was a great place, right next to the train station. I got in late and left early so I can't really comment a whole lot, but during my short time there I really enjoyed it! People were really nice and friendly. I actually ended up having to stay in Marseille a few nights later (cancelled train) and I went back to Vertigo, the staff even remembered me.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »