Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Nice staff, nice quiet place. Bad points : too few space in the fridges, such a shame we cannot bring our own alcohol inside and have to buy some at the bar.

• 14th May 2015

This hostel isn't in the greatest area; the neighborhood a little rough and about a 15 minute walk from the port. Nothing unmanageable though. Having a bar in the hostel was nice (only 1€/glass of wine), breakfast was worth the 5€. Nice common area! Room was clean but nowhere to lock up my stuff. Also, you leave/pick up your key at the front desk without any ID verification. We only had 2 keys and 3 outlets (counting the 1 in the bathroom) for 4 people. Little complaints aside, Vertigo was good!

Staff was outstandingly helpful.

Located 5 minutes walking distance from the train station and the supermarket, Vertigo was pretty convenient for me to stay in. Atmosphere in the hostel isn't much about party but more chilled and social. My room was amazing, with plenty of space to do whatever. Staff members were also very nice and helping. Definitely recommended to others

I had a really happy and comfortable stay at Vertigo. The staff were really welcoming and I was genuinely sad to leave at the end of my visit. I stayed in a deluxe double room which had its own little balcony - really nice. My only issues were small ones: I found it quite noisy at night, mostly just the noise of doors slamming elsewhere in the hostel. Also, the shower didn't have a 'bracket' to attach the shower head to the wall, so I had to hold it in my hand which was a little bit annoying

• 11th May 2015

i had a very good stay in Marseille, the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff was extraordinary. also the hostelbuilding itself was great. The only thing that was not good, is the fact that you can't lock the lockers in the 18 bed room, at least if you don't bring your own lock, which also has no key. That way you always have to leave your valuables at the reception. exept for that, perfect hostel!!! :)

• 9th May 2015
  • Switzerland

The hostel was very well kept and there was tons of space, even in the 16 person room. The breakfast was nice and the staff were friendly, however the area where the hostel is located was not very welcoming.

Good one.

This hostel was well kept, the beds were good and breakfast although not included was pretty good for the price! The street the hostel is located on was pretty sketchy for a young female, but other than that this hostel is close to lots of main attractions!

Excelent hostel, the staff it's really friendly and helpful and the common areas are very nice

Not a lot of cutlery in the kitchen, no locks on the 16 bed dorm door

Location is good, rooms are clean. I loved it!!!:)

Good place to stay for a night. Located very close to the Marseille Railway station. It does look like a shady place. In case if yo plan to return at night, try taking the roundabout way through the main avenues rather than through the narrow lanes. Staff are ok. Restrooms are neat.

A great hostel at an affordable price in the center of Marseille. Lovely atmosphere and really nice and helpful staff - would definitely recommend this place !

• 1st May 2015

Breakfast too expensive 5 Euros it Should around 2 Euros :-)

The staff is amazing! Really helpful! Even though, it's very close to the station, I didn't feel comfortable getting to the hostel late at night.

Great location if you're using the train/bus system. Staff were great and very helpful. Kitchen was small but functional. Nice being so close to Vieux Port and other attractions. Would come back.

had a lovely stay, check in/out process was really simple and staff are kind. not very many outlets in the room, which was inconvenient, and the breakfast starts a bit late. no real problems, just a nice and clean place to stay with a kitchen to use as well.

Great hostel right near the train station, the location is handy if you plan on doing any day trips. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have a bar with limited alcohol but you can't bring in your own. The kitchen and common room facilities are good.

You are right, you cannot bring your own alcohol, this is a rule we set up last year to prevent excessive behaviors in the night because we had to deal with big problems in the past. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay with us all the same!

The neighborhood was unnerving, but my stay pleasant enough. I wish I had seen you can't bring in outside alcohol.