Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

location near the train station is good, but too far through dodgy area to the Old Port area.

• 11th Apr 2014

I adored this hostel both for practical reasons (good wifi, nice facilities, secure, easily walkable with luggage from main train station) and a great atmosphere (friendly staff, open shared area). I loved the bathrooms in my room, as it was equipped with two, meaning I could take a long shower without worrying about inconveniencing anyone else. Would recommend this hostel.

Very close to the train station which is a bonus, facilities were fine - wifi wasn't strong in dorms, only in common areas. Clean and tidy

Hello, thank you for your comment, I'm sorry about wifi usually it's working very well, Kind regards, Adele

So close to the train station which makes it easy to find. This is a great hostel. The staff are helpful. The kitchen is good. Wifi everywhere. Centrally located in Marseille. This hostel ticks all the boxes.

Location very close to the Saint Charles train station ! There is a kitchen, bar and an outside terrace in backyard for having dinner or a drink. There are two computers for Internet. Rooms do not have lockers, but i had luck with my roommates. So I felt my belongings were safe. Room and toilet was clean. NO breakfast included, its additional €5. After all, it depends on what suits your individual needs, for me all was ok.

Hey! Thank you for your nice comment! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards, Remy

It's very very close to the train station.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • MR-LUCIEN
  • China

It is a nice hostel. Just next to the train station and a 10 minutes walk from the center.

Great location! Steps from the central train and bus station and downtown. Everything was clean! Great value too.

Very decent hostel situated perfectly within Marseilles. Everything is in walking distance and extremely close to the main train station. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming and facilities were clean.

4 bed dorm was very spacious, good wifi even in rooms, very limited kitchen facilities

• 12th Mar 2014

NO breakfast included... they'll charge you an additional €5! What kind of youth hostel does that? All the more frustrating as their twin hostel located at the Vieux Port offers similar prices (even slightly cheaper) breakfast included. No youth hostel breakfast is ever worth an extra €5, especially in a dirty street close to a train station. There's a rampant smell of waste water, you can smell it everywhere (kitchen, rooms). Ew. There's only one cooker spot. Be prepared to eat early, or late.

Hello Sir, We are really sorry you had a bad experience in our hotel. Breakfast is not free at hotel vertigo St charles because we don't offer the same service. At hotel Vertigo Vieux Port, it is a basic breakfast while at hotel Vertigo St charles you have a much better quality breakfast. Also, Hotel Vertigo St charles opened many years before hotel Vertigo Vieux Port, breakfast has always been for 5€ and we didn't want to change our offer in this hotel for our regular clients.

Near the gare, so it's easy to find it, but a bit far from the old port

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »