Vertigo Centre Reviews

42 rue de petites maries, Marseille, France

Stayed in this hotel twice and would stay again. Deluxe room has a great balcony!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Latvia

It is very close to a metro station which helps a lot to visit the city. The big room had three showers and that was a good thing because we didn't have to wait too much.

The guys of the reception were really nice, everything was clean and they had a tv to watch the World Cup matches !! The only thing I didn't like was that the Wifi didn't work really well in me bedroom ,everything else was fine!

Had higher expectations for this hostel after reading the reviews, but the hostel was mediocre. Location is good as it right in front of the train station, but the street it is on is a little dirty. Saw about 5 rats running about. No numbered beds, so the receptionist didn't even know which beds were open.

Hostel promised free Wi-fi connection, but it didn't work in our room on the 3rd floor.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is pretty good and clean. Located just across the street from the Gare, pretty easy to find, and a short walk from the centre.

It is a wonderful hostel. Quiet and charming - there's enough space to get to know people well over dinner or a drink and enough spaces for quiet conversations and work also. The staff are very polite and friendly without over stepping any major boundaries. Lovely place. Highly recommend and very very close to both the bus and train station.

Except that check in took some time , at least 15mins though there was no queue , the overall stay was pleasant. A word of caution to travellers with big luggages... There is no lift and if you happen to be on the forth floor... There will be a vertigo inducing flight of stairs for your climbing pleasure :)

staff and the terasse was great and it has a convenient location. Also To have a private bathrooms encreases the rate! BUT: for me as a blonde girl it felt very insecure walking in the streets around the hostels that seems to be only for Muslim men.. We also had a lot of cockroaches in our apartment.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Hi ! Thank you for your review! We had a specialist taking care of cockroaches, but their action takes a few days to be really effective! Now the problem is fixed. Very sorry for that, won't happen again I promise. Regards,

It was one of the best hostel I ever stayed. No such annoying hard

The hotel's location was terrible. I could not get ANY sleep from the outside noise and smells (and I had to leave windows open since there was no AC). Probably the hottest night I've ever had to endure. The wifi didn't reach all the rooms and the "breakfast" was just 2 pieces of bread and NOT free. We had planned to stay 2 nights in Marseille, but we could only handle 1. Basically, don't waste your money or time on this place or Marseille. Head over to Nice instead (only 1 hour by train).

Best 16 person dorm I have stayed in. Very friendly and helpful staff. Atmosphere made it easy to meet other travelers.

• 11th Jun 2014

I only stayed for one night, but it's not really a place I would want to stay longer than a couple nights stay. The room was good, bathrooms were clean, and a pretty good breakfast. Overall pretty good though

Nice hostel. It have everything, a bar, kitchen, hangout area, garden. Very nice staff, good atmosphere. Would like to stay here again!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Norway

This was a great hostel. The staff were very friendly and always helpful. There is a kitchen so you can cook but only one hotplate so there is sometimes a queue. Stayed in the big dorm and unlike some hostels it wasn't small and cramped. Nice little patio area with tables, chairs and umbrellas. 2 minute walk from supermarket and gare st Charles rail station. Really enjoyed my stay

Hey! Thank you for your review! It really pleased us to read it! See you next time!

There's a small bar next to the reception, it close after 11pm, and there's a kitchen there, that's all I want!

Amazing staff, amazing city, amazing atmosphere to make friends from all over the world!! Much love from Anthony, London

GREAT! Thank you! We are very happy that you had a great stay! See you next time!!

The staff were great, especially Stephane, who is an absolute legend. I stayed in a cool bedroom with a funky mezzanine-type thing in it. On the downside the internet was a bit unreliable, and it's a bit of a walk to see/do things, but it is well placed for the main train station, and there are far worse parts of Marseille you could stay in. Kitchen is a bit dingy and small, I guess. There's a bar, which is always a plus, and when I was there I met tons of nice people. Not a bad hostel at all.

The staff was great! Even though we had some problems with the reservation, they were very friendly. The interior decoration was very pretty and cool. We also fell in love with the inner court. And so good that there was a kitchen! The location couldn't actually be better. The only minus we found is that the air in the rooms was quite damp. The location was perfect!!

Hey! So good to hear that you had a nice stay! Thank YOU for this nice comment! We are trying so hard to give you the best service! It's nice to know that it works!

Really friendly hostel, had a great stay. Staff were really helpful with tips about what to see in Marseille and how to get there. Thank you!

• 6th Jun 2014

Hey! You are very welcome! We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us. Regards,