Viadeibanchi Reviews

Via Colombo 148, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Beautiful location, with a nice rooftop terrace. Rooms are of a good hotel quality. A step up from a hostel with very nice people running it all

The hostess and her daughter were prompt in welcoming us although we arrived a little too early for check in. The place was well-located; you don't have to walk too far up the steep slope, and just downstairs are many cafés and restaurants. It was also very clean, and had air conditioning. This is a plus point and every other place I went to in Italy did not have that, and it was a pretty hot week.

We stayed in a double room, we wanted a twin but it wasn't available. The owner very kindly put a second bed in for us, single 'put me up'. The room was very nice, clean and good size with air conditioning and shutters to block out the light. BUT the shower was very weak and kept going cold, no reception cover except 3-7pm so couldn't ask anyone for help. Very noisy bar underneath our window going on until past 1am. No wifi, breakfast. But she did let us store our luggage after check out.

• 1st Jun 2014

Reception cover is 3-7 pm but my guests have my mobile number and my email address. I often check if there were any new mails. I also saw my guests many times but they did not say anything to me about the shower getting cold otherwise I would have checked as it is the first time anyone complains about that....

nice room, good location, we especially liked the roof top terrace, The owner was great. we would go back there without hesitation.

Located directly above a bar. Noise level is really bad, if you can get by with three to four hours fine, it will suit. No blinds on windows so if garbage truck does not wake you the sun rising surely will.

I have to point out few things: there are double panel windows and air conditioning, the coffee bar closes at 1 am and there are blinds on windows. Did they sleep in my rooms? The customer also complained about taking suitcases up and at the same time refusing any help!

Barbara was very helpful and gave us a lot of information about the walks. It's an easy walk from the train station, so very convenient. I think this town is a good one to stay in because it's not as touristy as some of the others and it's handy to start the main walks for here.

GREAT staff, extremely clean room - spacious for Euro standards and in a perfect location. The street noise did not bother us at all. It is up some steep stairs, but we didn't have a problem, even with our luggage. Not a hostel style setup. Highly recommend.

• 6th May 2014

The only complaint I have is that the bar downstairs is extremely loud at night.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The building has a rooftop terrace to watch the world go by. Friendly host who is helpful and gives great advice. Close to the train station. The rooms are above a friendly bar that is not noisy and is decently priced. Could be improved with access to wifi (although it is in the bar dowstairs)

View all Cinque Terre Bed and Breakfasts