Viadeibanchi Reviews

Via Colombo 148, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Rooftop terrace overlooking main street is a great resource. Barbara and her husband joined us one night with other guests and brought a bottle of the wine he makes. Generous. Real cups and milk would support the claim of tea and coffee facilities.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Perfectly located - central and easy to get to. The room was clean and had everything I needed. Loved the roof garden. A very kind and helpful owner who went out of her way to ensure I had a comfortable and enjoyable stay

• 27th Aug 2014

Very good place to stay in order to visit Cinque Terre. Good position. Refurbished and clean room. Very nice staff.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Lovely little rooms right in the heart of Riomaggiore. The location was great and the staff was amazing. The hostess gave us any help we needed and bought us coffee before we left. The rooms were clean and worth the flight of stairs. The first night we were in town there was a festival with a band right underneath our window, which was fun.

Nice and clean room. Beautiful rooftop. Somewhat loud from bar below. It was hard to locate staff when we needed to checkout. Overall, a great experience.

• 30th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my hostel stay at Viadeibanchi. The owner was very friendly and kind and offered me to use her tablet when I inquired about wifi in the building. The location is very good in the main area of Riomaggiore, which I would say is the best town to stay in if you don't want overcrowding with tourists, but still a charming town. Viadeibanchi is easily the cleanest hostel/affordable hotel facility that I stayed in during my 3 week Europe trip. I would recommend this place!

• 11th Jul 2014

Beautiful location, with a nice rooftop terrace. Rooms are of a good hotel quality. A step up from a hostel with very nice people running it all

The hostess and her daughter were prompt in welcoming us although we arrived a little too early for check in. The place was well-located; you don't have to walk too far up the steep slope, and just downstairs are many cafés and restaurants. It was also very clean, and had air conditioning. This is a plus point and every other place I went to in Italy did not have that, and it was a pretty hot week.

We stayed in a double room, we wanted a twin but it wasn't available. The owner very kindly put a second bed in for us, single 'put me up'. The room was very nice, clean and good size with air conditioning and shutters to block out the light. BUT the shower was very weak and kept going cold, no reception cover except 3-7pm so couldn't ask anyone for help. Very noisy bar underneath our window going on until past 1am. No wifi, breakfast. But she did let us store our luggage after check out.

• 1st Jun 2014

Reception cover is 3-7 pm but my guests have my mobile number and my email address. I often check if there were any new mails. I also saw my guests many times but they did not say anything to me about the shower getting cold otherwise I would have checked as it is the first time anyone complains about that....

nice room, good location, we especially liked the roof top terrace, The owner was great. we would go back there without hesitation.

Located directly above a bar. Noise level is really bad, if you can get by with three to four hours fine, it will suit. No blinds on windows so if garbage truck does not wake you the sun rising surely will.

I have to point out few things: there are double panel windows and air conditioning, the coffee bar closes at 1 am and there are blinds on windows. Did they sleep in my rooms? The customer also complained about taking suitcases up and at the same time refusing any help!

Barbara was very helpful and gave us a lot of information about the walks. It's an easy walk from the train station, so very convenient. I think this town is a good one to stay in because it's not as touristy as some of the others and it's handy to start the main walks for here.

GREAT staff, extremely clean room - spacious for Euro standards and in a perfect location. The street noise did not bother us at all. It is up some steep stairs, but we didn't have a problem, even with our luggage. Not a hostel style setup. Highly recommend.

• 6th May 2014

The only complaint I have is that the bar downstairs is extremely loud at night.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The building has a rooftop terrace to watch the world go by. Friendly host who is helpful and gives great advice. Close to the train station. The rooms are above a friendly bar that is not noisy and is decently priced. Could be improved with access to wifi (although it is in the bar dowstairs)

Love the place! The owner there was very nice. She let us checked in one hour early, made sure we have everything we need, and told us we could stay as long as we like the next day since she's closing up the place for winter. She also told us where to go see the nicest view, and what wine to try in the region. Her husband was making some wine at the back of the house and we got a glimps of it. Thank you for your kind hospitality! We hope to come back one day when the weather isn't so rainy.

The room is 5 min walking from the train station and 2 min from the sea. We had access to a roof top terrace with a really good view of the sea and of the cliffs. The room is above a bar, which makes it really convenient for breakfast and drinks. There are people talking outside, but it gets silent quite early: the only thing that prevented us from sleeping were the church bells in the morning. The room was very clean and the host was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back.

• 1st Nov 2013

All are good except the staircase.......just like gyring after carrying luggage up and down.....

This hostel is about five to eight mins walk from the train station. Its location is very good, close to many restaurants and right by the main road in town. The lady at the reception was super nice!

What a perfect place to stay. The staff were so helpful and kind. The place is clean and central. We will definitely be back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3