Vibe Hostel Reviews

Rua Jose Do Patrocinio, 235, Paraty, Brazil

This little hostel is great and well worth a stay. We went for two nights and ended up staying a third. The owners are lovely and very helpful. It's in a great location, a short walk from the bus station which you arrive into and where you can catch a local buses to some beautiful beaches such as trinidade.

• 8th Sep 2014

We had a great stay at Vibe hostel. Booked 2 night and ended up staying six. The rooms are clean and the showers are nice. Breakfast is decent with toast, cereal and fruits etc. best of all were the staff who were always extremely helpful. They made recommendations and we found a paradisic deserted beach thanks to them (ask about Praia de Laranjeiras). The atmosphere was quite chilled out, not a party place but we met lots of cool people there. Location is close to the bus station and centre

Lovely hostel at the edge of historic center Paraty. Rather small, which is a good thing because you get to know everyone here, also thanks to the welcoming and enthousiastic staff. Also they have a nice kitchen to cook. The argentinian bartender makes creates some great drinks at the bar. Lovely hostel.

What a nice stay there! I really appreciated the vibe atmosphere! And the bartender, Fernando, is just super! Merci!

STAY HERE! This place is awesome and the staff make it! Fernando, Gustavo and Elsa are so friendly and helpful! Bar specials each night got us unstuck everytime! The cleaning lady even sewed up my pants for me! So cheap for what your getting! Loved the place! Order yourself a Gabriela with lime.. You wont regret it!

The bathroom of the private room was kind of dirty, with soops from the last guest there. Water from shower was cold. Staff very nice!

• 2nd Aug 2014

The shower was broken, the guest how stayed after you reported this and we have fixed this instantly.

At first I was only planning to stay one night but I ended up staying two more, simply because of the cool, laid back atmosphere at the hostel. The staff is great - so friendly and very helpful with arranging activities. The barman, Fernando is good fun when he introduces everyone to the local Caipigabriela and dishes up with popcorn. Only minus is, that there are no ladder to get to the upper bunk. But if you can live with that, this hostel is great!!!

Nice hostel; very friendly and helpful staff. They speak different languages (also English, Spanish, Dutch) Delicious breakfast, very clean and great atmosphere. Possibility to let do your laundry. I will definitely recommend this place with it’s special “Vibe”!

• 16th Jul 2014

I was recommended this hostel by a group of friends I met travelling due to the friendliness of the staff working there and their ability to make you feel at home straight away! I found this to be absolutely true! Gustavo has been an absolute legend during my stay in Paraty and I would recommend anyone to stay there. He even took the time to show us and others around Paraty and it´s nightlife and best food, and he has a great knowledge of things to do and the best way to do them

• 11th Jun 2014

Great hostel! One of the better ones I stayed at on my 4 1/2 month Central/South America trip. Extremely helpful staff, who even showed us around Paraty. Has all a hostel needs, various rooms, kitchen and laundry facilities, computer, bar, wifi, common area, close to the town centre. Recommended to everyone!!!

• 5th Jun 2014

Booked this Hostel based on great reviews but was pretty disappointed. Pros: Quite (good to get sleep), good breakfast, friendly staff, good Happy Hour (Caipirinhas 2 x 10 Brl), washing facilities, good wifi. Cons: 1 bathroom for entire hostel, extremely basic kitchen, tiny dorm rooms, no lockers, no ladders for beds, no good common spaces to hang out with other guests, (reception is the common area with lounge and TV), no outside alcohol allowed in hostel, Hostel Kitten can be nuisance.

I want to replay because we have changed some things in the hostel. We have made a new bathroom. So each dorm has its own bathroom now. We do have lockers and the kitten has left the hostel.

I liked this hostel but the electricity sockets did not work and there was only one toilet which means you have to wait. The breakfast was good and the staff were great and there is a kitten who gets everywhere so watch out if you are allergic to cats. We went out at night and came back and the security guard was asleep and had locked the door so I climbed up the roof to get in and open the door for my friend. You can wash clothes here for 10 real but make sure there is space to dry.

Not bad. Clean, decent wifi, friendly staff and good location. Only one bathroom between 30 people though and no lockers.

The price of the hostel and the location is very good. The breakfast was also very good with fresh fruits. But we booked the 4 bed female room and in reality they put 6 people in there, but the room is too small for 6 people, there is no space. Moreover the cleanliness is not the best, we stayed 5 nights there and they did not clean once our room and bathroom!

Had a brilliant time at vibe. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm, room was acceptable size and beds are comfy enough. Only fault was the shared bathroom for 3 rooms! Apart from that staff are amazing and breakfast is good. Great atmosphere and easy to meet fellow backpackers. Would def stay again.

The staff is friendly, and the room is comfortable and clean. The hostel is small and not in the historic center, but easy to get to by walking.

Nice, basic, place, and even though it was the Easter days and every other hostel drastically augmented their prices they still offered rooms for very reasonable prices.

Very nice hostel, just a few blocks away from the historic downtown. The staff is super nice and friendly. I found it a little expensive for a hostel but that has probably to do with the dates we chose to stay (easter weekend).

The Hostel itself was fine, all the facilities you need including a nice breakfast. The only minor was that there was only one bathroom (a real bathroom with shower toilet,... in it). Keeping in mind that there can be 18 people in the hostel you can imagine the queue in the morning and the evening.

We had a brilliant stay at Vibe. Jes and Cami made it for us, they did everything they could to help us and made us really welcome. Booked for 4 days and ended up staying 10...enough said.