Vibe Hostel Reviews

Rua Jose Do Patrocinio, 235, Paraty, Brazil

I was recommended this hostel by a group of friends I met travelling due to the friendliness of the staff working there and their ability to make you feel at home straight away! I found this to be absolutely true! Gustavo has been an absolute legend during my stay in Paraty and I would recommend anyone to stay there. He even took the time to show us and others around Paraty and it´s nightlife and best food, and he has a great knowledge of things to do and the best way to do them

• 11th Jun 2014

Great hostel! One of the better ones I stayed at on my 4 1/2 month Central/South America trip. Extremely helpful staff, who even showed us around Paraty. Has all a hostel needs, various rooms, kitchen and laundry facilities, computer, bar, wifi, common area, close to the town centre. Recommended to everyone!!!

• 5th Jun 2014

Booked this Hostel based on great reviews but was pretty disappointed. Pros: Quite (good to get sleep), good breakfast, friendly staff, good Happy Hour (Caipirinhas 2 x 10 Brl), washing facilities, good wifi. Cons: 1 bathroom for entire hostel, extremely basic kitchen, tiny dorm rooms, no lockers, no ladders for beds, no good common spaces to hang out with other guests, (reception is the common area with lounge and TV), no outside alcohol allowed in hostel, Hostel Kitten can be nuisance.

I want to replay because we have changed some things in the hostel. We have made a new bathroom. So each dorm has its own bathroom now. We do have lockers and the kitten has left the hostel.

I liked this hostel but the electricity sockets did not work and there was only one toilet which means you have to wait. The breakfast was good and the staff were great and there is a kitten who gets everywhere so watch out if you are allergic to cats. We went out at night and came back and the security guard was asleep and had locked the door so I climbed up the roof to get in and open the door for my friend. You can wash clothes here for 10 real but make sure there is space to dry.

Not bad. Clean, decent wifi, friendly staff and good location. Only one bathroom between 30 people though and no lockers.

The price of the hostel and the location is very good. The breakfast was also very good with fresh fruits. But we booked the 4 bed female room and in reality they put 6 people in there, but the room is too small for 6 people, there is no space. Moreover the cleanliness is not the best, we stayed 5 nights there and they did not clean once our room and bathroom!

Had a brilliant time at vibe. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm, room was acceptable size and beds are comfy enough. Only fault was the shared bathroom for 3 rooms! Apart from that staff are amazing and breakfast is good. Great atmosphere and easy to meet fellow backpackers. Would def stay again.

The staff is friendly, and the room is comfortable and clean. The hostel is small and not in the historic center, but easy to get to by walking.

Nice, basic, place, and even though it was the Easter days and every other hostel drastically augmented their prices they still offered rooms for very reasonable prices.

Very nice hostel, just a few blocks away from the historic downtown. The staff is super nice and friendly. I found it a little expensive for a hostel but that has probably to do with the dates we chose to stay (easter weekend).

The Hostel itself was fine, all the facilities you need including a nice breakfast. The only minor was that there was only one bathroom (a real bathroom with shower toilet,... in it). Keeping in mind that there can be 18 people in the hostel you can imagine the queue in the morning and the evening.

We had a brilliant stay at Vibe. Jes and Cami made it for us, they did everything they could to help us and made us really welcome. Booked for 4 days and ended up staying 10...enough said.

I like this hostel very much. It is well located and the staff is very very nice and friendly. Although it has just one toilet it is defnitely a cool place to stay in!!

• 13th Apr 2014

Clean. Next to the center. Nice place. Cami and Jes in the front desk are wonderfull! They made me feel like home. I staid one week more there and i wanted to stay there for ever.. they made me discover paraty by day and by night. Best hostel i've seen. I'll come back... :)

I really felt very comfortable, the atmosphere is very relaxed, the hostel is super clean and although small and has only one bathroom for the shared rooms, it's worth staying there. Great breakfast, Jes and Cami at reception do enough to help you in whatever you need. Excellent location: 10 minutes from the bus station and 5 of the historic center. Another plus is the price :) I recommend it!

• 10th Apr 2014

Good little hostel, a few minutes walk in to the centre and to the bus station. Very helpful staff. The only issue is that there is only one bathroom for quite a few people to share so can be a bit of a pain in the mornings. Otherwise would recommend this hostel.

This hostel is exellent place for staying in Paraty. It is not close to the beach (7 minutes from the beach) but the staff, atmosphere and rooms are exellent. It worth staying there !!!! I/ El hostel es un lugar perfecto para quedarse en Paraty. El hostel no esta cerca de la palaya (7 minutos) pero el personal, habitaciones y atmosfer es exelente !!!!. Vale a pena quedarse ahi :-).

Just one toilet but a very small hostel, nice and friendly staff.

Vibe hostel is a great hostel!! Its close to the bus station and the historic center. The hostel is clean, good breakfast And helpfull staff. I recommend this hostel for sure. I had a great time.. thanks for that!

A small, clean and relax place. Great staff, great atmosphere!

• 12th Mar 2014