Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

most of bathrooms are half-door. i had the bad experience of almoust see people shiting... hahaah

The location and cleanliness was amazing, though the security was a little slack. The staff didnt help much when it came to seeking information regarding the city, but with hostel facilities they were really helpful. Its certainly value for money.

This hostel buy far was the best I've ever been in. I would definitely come back and recommend this hostel to anyone. Thanks vibes for a wonderful experience.

• 28th Jul 2014

Clean the rooms, bigger showers, more intelligent staff, clean the rooms

DO NOT STAY HERE! We initly booked 3 nights and left after 1. The manager was rude to us as soon as we arrived and showed us to a dilapidated room. When we returned after dinner around 1am he came in opened the door to the dorm and walked in with a flashlight multiple times. He stood in the doorway and shone a light at all the beds. We left in the morning

This hostel is soooo dirty and the toilets are unbelievable. They fit 2 showers and 2 toilets under the stairs. So they are very small you cannot turn around. The doors of the toilets are a joke. If you are 1.75 you can see the person inside. It is also very dirty. They never clean!! The welcome drinks dont exist anymore. It is just to attract people. Dont believe it. And dont except any rest because they party all night long and you can hear them from your room. There is also no breakfast.

Great location, friendly owner, and nice bar!

• 2nd Jul 2014

I stayed here for a couple nights. Lockers in the rooms with electrical outlets in them which was handy. Bathroom had 2 toilets and 2 showers on the main floor which was a bit tight but showers had hot water. There are quite a few common areas to chill in as well as a tv and a couple computers. The hostel itself is only a couple minutes away from a bunch of good bars and restaurants but it's far enough away it's pretty quite at night. Will return if I go back to quito

Everything was good and good walking distance to a lot of restaurants and stores. Would definitely recommend. The only problem that could be considered is that they make you stop hanging out in common areas at midnight. If you are trying to stay up late and hangout, this may not be the place. Other than that everything was perfect and the atmosphere was fun.

• 21st Jun 2014

I enjoyed almost everything about The hostel apart from the kitchen which was disgusting and under equipped. We actually left the hostel because we couldn't face cooking in the kitchen. If you're not looking to use the kitchen facilities then it's a great option although laundry is frightfully expensive here.

Thank you. As there more than 40 people here using the kitchen our job it is to keep it clean all the time, we are sorry if you cleaning standards are a bit higher than the normal but again thank you anyways also laundry is cheap as any laundry place on the street, Im sorry you have to save your cents very tightly and think that the hostel is expensive.

This hostel has good potential with nice bar/commun room but although it seems like a party hostel, the bar and common area close at midnight which is a shame because there is then no where to go than the rooms where you don t want to disturb sleeping people or the very small reception which is very noisy for the dorms next to it. The staff is pretty nice but the owner is not really trying hard to make your stay enjoyable.

• 13th Jun 2014

I have been traveling in hostels for 1.5 years and this is one of the few hostels that I can truly recommend. The location is fantastic, the actual hostel is big and spacious, and the staff are very helpful and friendly. I have extended my stay here for 4 extra nights and would stay more if I didn't have to move on.

• 12th Jun 2014

Great location close to all the bars and clubs without being noisy during the nights. Welcome drinks and free drinks during ladies nights were awesome. They also had their own pool table you could use for free. Big place with lots of common rooms to hang out in. Loved that they had several tv-rooms where you could make yourself at home, don't understand though why they closed it already at 12 in the night.. The tv-rooms was also very noisy being next to the kitchen. Very good hostel otherwise.

guys on reception were good always give you bus times as for the girl she would try and tell you there is a taxi service she doesn,t realise you are backpacking and how cheap the bus is for backpackers

We had a nice stay, would return :-) It is nothing speciel but definitely not bad.

A decent hostel located in a good area of town located near bars and other nightlife.

Lovely relaxed hostel with a good kitchen, a nice tv room, good airy bedrooms, fantastic location. Really really great location close to the bars and s huge supermarket. Would recommend this hostel to any backpacker going to Quito.

Nice with the pickup from the airport but we found out it was a bit expensive, did not receive a welcome drink , bed sheets smelled old. Otherwise it was a nice hostel, fast internet good location and nice staff.!

Hello, thanks 1.pick up has got official rate and we do respect it unlike taxis who overcharge whenever they want. 2. Oh you didnt receive your little welcome drink ?? We are so so so sorry, next time try to ask for whatever you need and you will see how you can get amazing results. 3.Bed sheets are daily washed and changed. thank you

Good Hostel right in the middle of the party district. Therefore it is a good place if you want to party, but you can also hang out in the hostel and relax and watch a movie. They also have a bench and a barbell, if you want to do a workout :)

Everything was great and they even let me in early to sleep on the couch for a few hours till my bed was ready since I arrived from a night bus at 4am. This was my second time here and I will definitely be back again next time I'm in town. Thanks again for everything!

« first « Prev 1 2 3