Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

What a lovely, cosy and colourful little hostel and right in the perfect location. The shower was a bit erratic (boiling hot to freezing cold in a second) but the hostel was lovely. The lady on the reception desk was very helpful!

Cheap place, beds were really good, was actualy a bit boring, has a good location although.

Only had a quick 1 night stop before heading north, however, room was nice, clean and comfortable. No problems.

If I had to say one word to describe this hostel it would be awsome.

Very nice place to stay a couple of days in the Mariscal square. Good starting point to meet people and other travelers. Very clean and not expensive hostel. You have all the facilities you'll need.

Average hotel in the party area of Quito. Overpriced laundry. No breakfast. The hostels opposite are the same price and quality but include breakfast.

Great staff great common areas cheap enough. The hostel is located in a great party area. It has a relaxing or party environment and theres room for both. The staff is always friendly and help you out when needed. I got kicked out of a terrible hostel across the road for coming back too late and waking them up....I went to vibes in the morning and they let me put my luggage there no problem and booked me a room that day. So helpful and have great information about the city I couldnt ask for more

• 12th Sep 2014

Vibealicious

• 3rd Sep 2014

By far best hostal in Quito. Amazing staff. The owner Santiago is the man!

• 25th Aug 2014

A great place to stay! Beds were comfy (although a bit wobbly) and it was clean and nice to stay in.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Picked us up from the airport despite our flight being late. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Hostel is in a lovely old building and has all the necessary facilities including plenty of showers,laundry and a bar.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

most of bathrooms are half-door. i had the bad experience of almoust see people shiting... hahaah

Good hostel with friendly people.

The location and cleanliness was amazing, though the security was a little slack. The staff didnt help much when it came to seeking information regarding the city, but with hostel facilities they were really helpful. Its certainly value for money.

This hostel buy far was the best I've ever been in. I would definitely come back and recommend this hostel to anyone. Thanks vibes for a wonderful experience.

Clean the rooms, bigger showers, more intelligent staff, clean the rooms

daily cleaning, showers have standard size for a human being to have a good shower and the intelligence of our staff may not be of your bussines as long as we help with the questions you need. Maybe you need something more than a hostel , a good five star hotel Im sure will make you happy and maybe will have more intelligent people for you. thank you

DO NOT STAY HERE! We initly booked 3 nights and left after 1. The manager was rude to us as soon as we arrived and showed us to a dilapidated room. When we returned after dinner around 1am he came in opened the door to the dorm and walked in with a flashlight multiple times. He stood in the doorway and shone a light at all the beds. We left in the morning

Well, thank you for such a "smart" comment it is obvious your frustration for being kicked out of the hostel and blacklisted after trying to get a person you just met on the street in a shared dorm for different purposes.

This hostel is soooo dirty and the toilets are unbelievable. They fit 2 showers and 2 toilets under the stairs. So they are very small you cannot turn around. The doors of the toilets are a joke. If you are 1.75 you can see the person inside. It is also very dirty. They never clean!! The welcome drinks dont exist anymore. It is just to attract people. Dont believe it. And dont except any rest because they party all night long and you can hear them from your room. There is also no breakfast.

Great location, friendly owner, and nice bar!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Amazing hostel. Incredible staff, great pool. Very clean. Perfect rooms. Atmosphere was great. Only negative - the purchased food was terrible. I think the chefs need more training. I couldn't eat my pesto pasta. If the kitchen served better food this place would be perfect