Fabulous 1,035 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,035 Total Reviews
Vibes Hostel Located at Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, , Quito.
Ecuador
Quito Pichincha Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre
86% 1035
-0.2044375 -78.4905096
    Rooms available

4th Nov 2016
7.4

Very clean rooms, great wifi, good location near to bars and restaurants, TV/Bar area a little cramped, not many bathrooms

4th Nov 2016
6.9

Very nice location close to the placa foch where is the night life and close to a bus stop However, the hostel lacks of atmosphere and the relaxing areas are not very cozy (couchs not very comfortable, boss watching tv in the lounge, need to go outside to go from 1 part of the hostel to the other, not many people hanging out ...) and this is a shame because there is a pool table, a sauna and football table. Breakfast overpriced for 4$.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Oct 2016

I found Vibes in my 9th month of my sabbatical. It's definitely in my top 3 hostels! The staff were welcoming, accommodating and knowledgable about local tourist attractions. I was a lone traveller and found everyone here during my stay very friendly. Great location, just off Plaza Foch for some great nights out. The dorm rooms were also away from the social area to get/catch up on sleep. Always had a hot shower with good pressure too! Bus stop right outside for $0.50 - 100% recommend!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Oct 2016
5.7

Really disappointing to read prior reviews and see that the staff used to be so helpful. During our stay they were definitely not - zero local knowledge, zero help with booking onward travel. Polite and nice people, and the check in process was breezy, but we needed local info and expected more. Facilities are basic and the vibe was not there. No locks on dorm doors. An unfortunate experience and I feel we must have caught them during a bad week.

Hi, the information desk is always open with someone who can help you, you are the only review complaining about this, we have big lockers in every room to be used with your own padlock seriously ?? we always offer activities and are ready to hang out but your group never came downstairs for anything, we can not bring the party to your room if you lock it and drink only with your friends even when that is prohibited here.

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Oct 2016

Nice breakfast - haven't had bacon in a long time!!! Loved the pool table and foozball too

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
19th Oct 2016

Good location on a bus route, friendly and helpful staff, great wifi and good showers. Loved the free drinks on ladies night

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Oct 2016
5.1

Really really unfriendly staff who don't go out of their way to help you. One in particular is very condescending and to busy trying to pick up tourists to even run the place. When I arrived and asked for the wifi password he didn't know it and told me to walk down the the front and check myself in a rude manner. I had checked out but I had a late bus and I got told I couldn't even hang out at the hostel for a few hours as police come & check only guests are there. Only positive is the location.

Thank you, with clients who dont understand that a hospitality etablishment has to have policies to run for everyone, it is obviously hard to please them, your check out was at 11:00 AM and you hanged out in the room all day and got mad because we asked you to leave the room at 11:00 PM, pleasing clients doesnt mean we will let you do anything you want, we were extremely nice to you with everything, we did our job.

• USA, Female, 31-40
11th Oct 2016

I had a really great time at this place. I felt very safe and the staff was very friendly. The rooms are clean. The hostel is located in a section in the city that is close to a lot of places within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
10th Oct 2016
6.6

Priced accordingly. Long stayers make it hard to meet people not in the " group "

6th Oct 2016

Vibes was such a great hostel, I ended up staying twice and longer than expected. The location is fantastic near Plaza Foch and the metro line making a trip to old town only $0.50. Pool, ping pong, foosball, and an arcade machine made for plenty of entertainment. Meeting other travelers was easy, which is the main reason I stay in hostels. The beds could use more boards, but I still slept well. Breakfast is inexpensive and delicious. Showers were always hot. Overall highly recommended.