Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

Badass hostel, the best one I have been to, great showers,free pasta on tuesdays, crazy ladies night on wednesdays but the best is the awesome people who work there always willing to help, some rude guests would ruin the fun but the hostel itself is fantastic and full of character, thanks Santiago for a great time, I will be back, oh by the way,party with Ana,she is a party animal.

Very unhelpful, rude and moody staff member brought down an otherwise great stay.

After your check out we kindly asked you to leave the hostel at 23:00 pm considering you were not staying with us anymore and we allow visitors only until 18:00 pm , that was a good time frame. Thank you for your comment, it is taken as a compliment after a really hard stay for us.

Excellent hostel. Ideally located in the best part of Quito. Clean and secure. Dorms are spacious and well thought out. Staff are friendly and informative. Always something happening....even had a free pasta night while I was there. Owner Santiago goes the extra mile to create a very social atmosphere and often joins the guests for a few drinks and to party the night away in one of the many local bars.

Good place, great value for money, everything you could want

awesome hostel! great atmoshphere, big dorms.good location(close to bars,supermarkets and bus station) free pasta night and welcome drink are great. The showers didn't have hot water except the one in the second floor! I had great time there.

Great hostel, cool people and perfectly located in a lively area!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Hostel Vibes was perfect. The location couldn't be better for a solo traveler and the staff was friendly, helpful, and easy going. I enjoyed the division of entertainment. There was a quiet room with computers, couch and TV as well as a bar space with pool table, food ball, and comfortable couches. I will definitely stay when I return to Quito.

• 17th Mar 2015

A fine hostel. You gets what you pay for. There wasn't anymore free coffee. The beds is good.

Spent 6 nights at Vibes in March of 2015 and had an awesome time. The owner, Santiago, and his staff were very accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The rooms were cleaned every day and beds were given fresh sheets. Spent almost every night drinking at the Hostel bar before going out. The prices were fair and the company was even better. Definitely recommend staying at Vibes if you pass through Quito.

• 10th Mar 2015

Enjoyed every moment of my stay!Lovely staff, good vibes, great location... Definitely a place to return!

Kitchen was always left in a state - no 1 really cleaned after themselves. Hostel likes to put everything on a tab you can't pay cash. But they put extra things on there or don't discount on 2 4 1 drinks. Double booked beds as well got asked to move half way thru the night

Hi, thanks.Our tab system is like that so we dont have to manipulate money while serving drinks that are going to go to your blood system. Yes we wished people were more considerate and clean the kitchen, still we have to if they dont. At last yeah we made a mistake with your drinks but you let us know and we corrected it, a huge problem that was solved inmediately cause we are humans and as you we can make mistakes, the people who used yoru bed were drunk and after getting back took your bed.

Whoa, what a special place. Holding true to its name, this place feels better than any hostel I've been to. GOOD VIBES. Rainy days and cancelled plans would usually bum me out, but anytime I returned to vibes I'd find a large group of happy travelers- full of good beer and good laughs. Wednesday nights are LADIES NIGHT (plus the occasional man in a dress) I don't think I've ever had as much fun in my life (or as many shots) A single block from Bungalow. If you're looking for fun, look no furthe

• 28th Feb 2015

Not only were the showers HOT, the name is perfect for the hostel. The vibes there were unreal and even though I only stayed for one night I got to meet some really great people. I would stay there again!

• 27th Feb 2015

Great location, fantastic staff

• 25th Feb 2015

Really fun place to stay. Can't get a better location if you want to stay in the party area of New town. Having said that, this hostel was really chilled out and surprisingly quiet so I was able to get heaps of rest. The staff were also really helpful and friendly.

its a good place to stay in Guayaquil. i can definiteley recommend it.

A bad thing happened: had a room reservation done more than a month before my trip, and when I arrived at the hostel (8pm) they had already given my bed to somebody else and I had to pay more for staying in another room, since the type of room I had booked was sold out. This is unfair and should not happen..otherwise booking rooms would become pointless.

Fun hostel near pubs, bars etc, great for partying! Also right by tram so can get to old town easily :)

Santiago, the owner was very helpful and friendly. He picked is up from the airport and gave us great insider backpacker pointers. Quito is interesting city, but having a local's tips is invaluable. Stay at Vibes!!!!

• 17th Jan 2015

Really good hostel in terms of plug sockets everywhere! I had 4 to myself plus 2 in my locker!! Warm showers, comfy beds and good tv with good selection of movies! Staff could be abit more welcoming but can't have everything! Note - if your coming from the South Bus terminal (Quitumbe) in Quito, it should only be about 8USD!!!