Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

Hostel Vibes was perfect. The location couldn't be better for a solo traveler and the staff was friendly, helpful, and easy going. I enjoyed the division of entertainment. There was a quiet room with computers, couch and TV as well as a bar space with pool table, food ball, and comfortable couches. I will definitely stay when I return to Quito.

• 17th Mar 2015

A fine hostel. You gets what you pay for. There wasn't anymore free coffee. The beds is good.

Spent 6 nights at Vibes in March of 2015 and had an awesome time. The owner, Santiago, and his staff were very accommodating, friendly, and helpful. The rooms were cleaned every day and beds were given fresh sheets. Spent almost every night drinking at the Hostel bar before going out. The prices were fair and the company was even better. Definitely recommend staying at Vibes if you pass through Quito.

• 10th Mar 2015

Enjoyed every moment of my stay!Lovely staff, good vibes, great location... Definitely a place to return!

Kitchen was always left in a state - no 1 really cleaned after themselves. Hostel likes to put everything on a tab you can't pay cash. But they put extra things on there or don't discount on 2 4 1 drinks. Double booked beds as well got asked to move half way thru the night

Hi, thanks.Our tab system is like that so we dont have to manipulate money while serving drinks that are going to go to your blood system. Yes we wished people were more considerate and clean the kitchen, still we have to if they dont. At last yeah we made a mistake with your drinks but you let us know and we corrected it, a huge problem that was solved inmediately cause we are humans and as you we can make mistakes, the people who used yoru bed were drunk and after getting back took your bed.

Whoa, what a special place. Holding true to its name, this place feels better than any hostel I've been to. GOOD VIBES. Rainy days and cancelled plans would usually bum me out, but anytime I returned to vibes I'd find a large group of happy travelers- full of good beer and good laughs. Wednesday nights are LADIES NIGHT (plus the occasional man in a dress) I don't think I've ever had as much fun in my life (or as many shots) A single block from Bungalow. If you're looking for fun, look no furthe

• 28th Feb 2015

Not only were the showers HOT, the name is perfect for the hostel. The vibes there were unreal and even though I only stayed for one night I got to meet some really great people. I would stay there again!

• 27th Feb 2015

Great location, fantastic staff

• 25th Feb 2015

Really fun place to stay. Can't get a better location if you want to stay in the party area of New town. Having said that, this hostel was really chilled out and surprisingly quiet so I was able to get heaps of rest. The staff were also really helpful and friendly.

its a good place to stay in Guayaquil. i can definiteley recommend it.

A bad thing happened: had a room reservation done more than a month before my trip, and when I arrived at the hostel (8pm) they had already given my bed to somebody else and I had to pay more for staying in another room, since the type of room I had booked was sold out. This is unfair and should not happen..otherwise booking rooms would become pointless.

Fun hostel near pubs, bars etc, great for partying! Also right by tram so can get to old town easily :)

Santiago, the owner was very helpful and friendly. He picked is up from the airport and gave us great insider backpacker pointers. Quito is interesting city, but having a local's tips is invaluable. Stay at Vibes!!!!

• 17th Jan 2015

Really good hostel in terms of plug sockets everywhere! I had 4 to myself plus 2 in my locker!! Warm showers, comfy beds and good tv with good selection of movies! Staff could be abit more welcoming but can't have everything! Note - if your coming from the South Bus terminal (Quitumbe) in Quito, it should only be about 8USD!!!

We stayed here for 3 nights to start with then booked our Amazon tour. The day we left we asked the receptionist to book us in for the night we got back. She told us she had and when we arrived back on 18th January they told us there was no reservation and offered us a more expensive hostel 3 blocks away.

Thank you so much for your comment and a great demonstration of your education with such language, it is pretty rare that our bookings are paid in advance and yours wasnt, not to mention that we let you spend the night for free here.

Poor atmsphere. staff was nothelpful at all

Probably the worst staff I have ever had in my life. They simply do not want you there and are not helpful in the slightest. Even something as simple as checking in is a painful experience. Bathrooms are also quite terrible, and internet does not work at all. Would not stay here again if you paid me. Although location is perfect

The location, rooms with lockers and price are great but staff were a let down when I stayed - reception not that helpful, one guy was having personal problems evident and the bar 'party' vibe just wasn't there. Could have just been a one off

A hostel of last resort. Dirty and noisy, inside and out. Very close to the center of La Mariscal. The guests hung out together, too - it was very social. I left after three nights, not so much because I was feeling antisocial but because I wanted to use a bathroom that didn't smell like a pigsty.

• 7th Jan 2015

The worst hostel I have stayed at! 1. Staff are rude. Don't know anything about the city tell you tell look on the internet. One even gave me incorrect directions on the bus. 2. Wifi doesn't work half the time. 3. I arrived at 3pm room not ready till 6pm 4. The building is old with wooden floors so people walking around its impossible to sleep. Also very noisy people drinking and talking all night. 5. I didn't get my welcome drink or a free drink atbar for ladies night no one ever at the bar.

1. "Staff are rude" is not really solid if you dont explain why , we are willing to help everyone as long as people are also respectful to the staff and fellow guests. 2. You have 2 WIFI networks working all the time, so weird to see your comment between no toher comments about this. 3. Rooms are always ready at 15:00 4. Also weird you didnt get your welcome drink and didnt participate of our awesome ladies night 5. Apparently nothing worked here for you , please use a 5 star hotel next.