Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

Great location, fantastic staff

• 25th Feb 2015

its a good place to stay in Guayaquil. i can definiteley recommend it.

A bad thing happened: had a room reservation done more than a month before my trip, and when I arrived at the hostel (8pm) they had already given my bed to somebody else and I had to pay more for staying in another room, since the type of room I had booked was sold out. This is unfair and should not happen..otherwise booking rooms would become pointless.

Fun hostel near pubs, bars etc, great for partying! Also right by tram so can get to old town easily :)

Santiago, the owner was very helpful and friendly. He picked is up from the airport and gave us great insider backpacker pointers. Quito is interesting city, but having a local's tips is invaluable. Stay at Vibes!!!!

• 17th Jan 2015

Really good hostel in terms of plug sockets everywhere! I had 4 to myself plus 2 in my locker!! Warm showers, comfy beds and good tv with good selection of movies! Staff could be abit more welcoming but can't have everything! Note - if your coming from the South Bus terminal (Quitumbe) in Quito, it should only be about 8USD!!!

We stayed here for 3 nights to start with then booked our Amazon tour. The day we left we asked the receptionist to book us in for the night we got back. She told us she had and when we arrived back on 18th January they told us there was no reservation and offered us a more expensive hostel 3 blocks away.

Thank you so much for your comment and a great demonstration of your education with such language, it is pretty rare that our bookings are paid in advance and yours wasnt, not to mention that we let you spend the night for free here.

Poor atmsphere. staff was nothelpful at all

Probably the worst staff I have ever had in my life. They simply do not want you there and are not helpful in the slightest. Even something as simple as checking in is a painful experience. Bathrooms are also quite terrible, and internet does not work at all. Would not stay here again if you paid me. Although location is perfect

The location, rooms with lockers and price are great but staff were a let down when I stayed - reception not that helpful, one guy was having personal problems evident and the bar 'party' vibe just wasn't there. Could have just been a one off

A hostel of last resort. Dirty and noisy, inside and out. Very close to the center of La Mariscal. The guests hung out together, too - it was very social. I left after three nights, not so much because I was feeling antisocial but because I wanted to use a bathroom that didn't smell like a pigsty.

• 7th Jan 2015

The worst hostel I have stayed at! 1. Staff are rude. Don't know anything about the city tell you tell look on the internet. One even gave me incorrect directions on the bus. 2. Wifi doesn't work half the time. 3. I arrived at 3pm room not ready till 6pm 4. The building is old with wooden floors so people walking around its impossible to sleep. Also very noisy people drinking and talking all night. 5. I didn't get my welcome drink or a free drink atbar for ladies night no one ever at the bar.

1. "Staff are rude" is not really solid if you dont explain why , we are willing to help everyone as long as people are also respectful to the staff and fellow guests. 2. You have 2 WIFI networks working all the time, so weird to see your comment between no toher comments about this. 3. Rooms are always ready at 15:00 4. Also weird you didnt get your welcome drink and didnt participate of our awesome ladies night 5. Apparently nothing worked here for you , please use a 5 star hotel next.

Great location - close to the bars but not too loud! Very easy going staff and helpful regarding how to get around!

• 27th Dec 2014

really nice place to stay! I enjoined a lot.

• 26th Dec 2014

Great hostel - met some amazing people. Atmosphere was top notch and location is way better than some of the hostels in the old town. This is where the action is - great food and bars.

Definitely not a party hostel. The drinks are hard to come by as there is no bar tender. There is a pool table though and a little chill lounge section. The hostel is ok for a night or two. Showers are hard to get warm.

Hi ! Thanks, well there is no bartender on sundays as the nationalwide alcohol ban doesnt allow us to do it, on mondays most of the bars are closed in Quito. Sad you were here on those days to not experience the party atmospher that by the way also depends on the people who stay here, as for the showers it would have been our pleasure as usual to help you with just a little call from yourself . thanks again

Excellent place, the most friendly staff we've met. The owner even gave us a lift to the bus station one day as he was going that way which saved us hassle. A lot of knowledge, very equipped kitchen. Bathrooms a bit pokey but there's a bigger one round the back. Fun friendly people staying there and the best location we've had in S.A. Close enough to the mayhem but far enough to get a decent nights kip in their mega comfy beds. Would definitely recommend:)

description is not accurate

This hostel felt like home!!! It seemed to only attract down to earth travellers that didn't mind a good Fiesta :) showers were hot which was quite a lovely difference to what I've been used to in my journey!!! The owner Santiago is a generous beauty... He gives out free drinks like no one I've ever met. I miss it there already !

• 23rd Nov 2014

This place was gross. Only pro was that the dorms were spacious. But absolutely no atmosphere.. Don't understand why this place is so popular

Thanks very much for your refined comment, it is highly appreciated. This place is so popular because the people who stay here are cool and awesome looking ofr a party hostel atmosphere unlike the ones looking for a luxury palace, we will be happy to recommend that kind of places for your next stays, thanks