Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

Good location close to city centre, easy to meet people, good atmosphere.

I enjoyed the stay there... but for backpackers it's easier to have breakfast included otherwise you have to go to the supermaket every day... and this takes time, time you could spend with better and more interesting things. But all in all was it a great time, the stuff is nice, the location is beautiful and I would come back :)

• 9th Feb 2014

Vibes is your basic hostel. Despite being in a party area, the rooms were pretty quiet. The wifi didn't work the whole time we were there though (6 nights) and none of the staff seemed to care. There are definitely not enough bathrooms in the place either.

Hello thanks, during that week the company had a major failure that didnt let us have wifi connection in the whole area, the problem has been fixed though, sadly cases like this are not up to us, and of course we do care, we have internet acces also if it was an emergency, we have 8 showers and 5 toilets available, you just have to walk a little bit if the one next door is taken.

Friendly welcoming staff. Good location in the new town. Wifi wasn't working during my stay, they had 2 computers though which were running. Rooms well kept. Wasn't much atmosphere while I was there.

hello ! thanks as usual, wifi problem due to company issues has been fixed already, saldy the hostel has to face it. Full hostel everyday doesnt mean that there will be fun people everyday, the hostel set conditions for people to have fun but it is always up to people to do it so please consider that for anyone reading this. thanks

Not a bad host but I don't feel it is as good as the reviews suggest. Great location in La Mariscal and facilities and staff were in general pretty but good but had a few small issues while we were there. The wifi didn't work for myself or the majority of the others that I met. They have a bar but the first night we were there it didn't open until 8pm and even then the bartender wasn't really there until about 9pm. The Friday night pub crawl they have never happened either.

Hello ! Thanks, wifi problem was a major cut off responsability of the company, it has been fixed already, yes the bar opens at 8 usd and the bartender was around the bar, all you have to do is ASK and the pub crawl did happened you just werent here when we left at 11pm, how inconvenient, next time please talk to people and staff, they are friendly and can help you.

Good hostel in a good location close to restaurants and clubs. Had a pool table and futsball table which is always a bonus.

nice hostel with great people. perfect place for ecuador. good area to party. everything is really close

Vibes its a really cool place where you can go and feel that you are really welcome and you are not a client but a guest. Once you are there you decide what you want to do, have a drink playing pool, or getting to know all the cool people that are staying there and the staff, but if you want to just to chill and watch a movie you are able to do it here, also if you want to rest without any noice. Also its near cool places. If you want to have a great time in Quito you should stay at Vibes.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Colombia

the hostel is a very good option to stay in quito, in the best part of the city with everything you need really close like atm, bars, clubs, restaurants, etc. They definitely need to improve the bar and they could use more bathrooms too.

Weaknesses there are none ... Maybe during my stay the wi fi signal and the operation of the Internet in general have left a little to be desired, but this is not depended from the hostel! Stuff friendly, young, personable and professional at all times of the day! It is not a place for those who seek quiet and rest ... Strongly recommended!

Our stay was okay but at times the staff weren't great. There didn't seem to be anyone in charge it was just run by travellers volunteering, who weren't massively helpful and messed up our booking and bill. Saying that it wasn't horrendous, it sufficed for a night (the beds are really comfy) and it had a great location.

This hostel is just excellent! The three guys working at the moment are the best, ask them anything they'll do it for you. Good location - near the mariscal and close to the tram. It is a great hostel to meet people if you are travelling by yourself, with loads of common areas. I would definitely recommend it.

I don't recommend this hostel at all. This is cold, with open windows and doors all the day, not many bathrooms, and all in one, two bathrooms and two showers in the same room. And always dirtys. If you ask a taxi with them they will charge a tax to the rate, it isn't neccesary to make money just asking for a taxi. The taxi to the airport they said us to cost 30 dolars and the taxi driver said us 35 dolars because the hostel had charged the rate. And don't forget anything there, it'll disappear.

Hello ! Thanks, the problem of cold usually gets solved by closing the windows and doors, we have 8 showers in total you just have to walk a little bit downstairs and please if a taxi driver wants to rip you off dont let it happen that is exactly why we tell you what the price is, we work with honest registered companies but we can not control every single taxi driver, thank you.

Not the cleanest hostel but for the price its worth it. Good location for tourbooking and restuarants.

We enjoyed our stay here. Spacious dorm, close to an area with lots of bars and restaurants. About a 15 minute walk to the Old Town. Staff were helpful and friendly

This is the best hostel i have stayed in during my 10 months total in Ecuador. Only $10 a night with a great kitchen, hot showers, clean and comfortable beds, and a great location. Also filled woth foreigners and other travelers. The hostel does gres activities like poker night, bar hopping, ladies night, and there are cool people to meet and do things with. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful and Santiago the owner makes sure you have a good stay. I would recommend this completely!!

• 9th Jan 2014

I stayed 1 night there, the hostel has a great location for people who want to be close to restaurant and bar, it's clean and the bar is a nice place to meet other backpackers. The only problem is there is not enough bathroom at the 1st floor (1 toilet and 2 showers) whereas there are 2 or 3 dorms.

Amazing and very helpful staff. Great location and definitely affordable. At vibes you meet other travelers to have great time with. Happy :)

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Finland

I loved Vibes hostel, it was a great travel experience for me and really made my stay in Quito worthwhile. I have all ready recommended this hostel to many travel buddies. It's one of the best hostels I've stayed at in the world. From comfortable beds, big rooms, clean bathrooms, awesome lounge areas all over the hostels, great bar with cheap drinks, and most importantly the staff there is so awesome and helpful and fun to party with.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • rezano007

Very nice hostel, with a relaxed atmospehere and a very helpfull and friendly staff.

• 23rd Dec 2013