Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

Santiago, the owner was very helpful and friendly. He picked is up from the airport and gave us great insider backpacker pointers. Quito is interesting city, but having a local's tips is invaluable. Stay at Vibes!!!!

• 17th Jan 2015

Really good hostel in terms of plug sockets everywhere! I had 4 to myself plus 2 in my locker!! Warm showers, comfy beds and good tv with good selection of movies! Staff could be abit more welcoming but can't have everything! Note - if your coming from the South Bus terminal (Quitumbe) in Quito, it should only be about 8USD!!!

We stayed here for 3 nights to start with then booked our Amazon tour. The day we left we asked the receptionist to book us in for the night we got back. She told us she had and when we arrived back on 18th January they told us there was no reservation and offered us a more expensive hostel 3 blocks away.

Thank you so much for your comment and a great demonstration of your education with such language, it is pretty rare that our bookings are paid in advance and yours wasnt, not to mention that we let you spend the night for free here.

Poor atmsphere. staff was nothelpful at all

Probably the worst staff I have ever had in my life. They simply do not want you there and are not helpful in the slightest. Even something as simple as checking in is a painful experience. Bathrooms are also quite terrible, and internet does not work at all. Would not stay here again if you paid me. Although location is perfect

The location, rooms with lockers and price are great but staff were a let down when I stayed - reception not that helpful, one guy was having personal problems evident and the bar 'party' vibe just wasn't there. Could have just been a one off

A hostel of last resort. Dirty and noisy, inside and out. Very close to the center of La Mariscal. The guests hung out together, too - it was very social. I left after three nights, not so much because I was feeling antisocial but because I wanted to use a bathroom that didn't smell like a pigsty.

• 7th Jan 2015

The worst hostel I have stayed at! 1. Staff are rude. Don't know anything about the city tell you tell look on the internet. One even gave me incorrect directions on the bus. 2. Wifi doesn't work half the time. 3. I arrived at 3pm room not ready till 6pm 4. The building is old with wooden floors so people walking around its impossible to sleep. Also very noisy people drinking and talking all night. 5. I didn't get my welcome drink or a free drink atbar for ladies night no one ever at the bar.

1. "Staff are rude" is not really solid if you dont explain why , we are willing to help everyone as long as people are also respectful to the staff and fellow guests. 2. You have 2 WIFI networks working all the time, so weird to see your comment between no toher comments about this. 3. Rooms are always ready at 15:00 4. Also weird you didnt get your welcome drink and didnt participate of our awesome ladies night 5. Apparently nothing worked here for you , please use a 5 star hotel next.

1 2 3 Next » last »