Vibes Hostel Reviews

Joaquin Pinto 132 and 6 de Diciembre, Quito, Ecuador

Pleasant stay at Vibes hostel. Staff were excellent and very helpful with all our needs. They gave us directions and suggestions for our daily activities, and even called around the city to find a doctor. The facility is very big and the atmosphere is great for meeting people. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others.

I loved my stay at Vibes hostel, so much that I extended my time in Quito from 3 days to 10 days. The hostel is well located and has a lot of Spanish Schools nearby, as well as lots of places to eat and drink! The hostel has a great bar for socialising, and is also quiet enough for those wanting an early night! Thanks Santiago!!

We arrived late in the night and left early in the morning so I cant really comment on anything but the beds, which were really good!

thank you but it would be cool under this system that the people with more criteria get bothered to do their comments more than the ones who spend only three hours...

Very nice place to stay in Quito. The staff was very friendly and helpful. made sure I got the tour when I arrived and even gave me a free drink. Nice place to meet fellow travelers and the location is close to local bars and artisan market. They even called a cab for me to the airport! Free internet was a plus! Very pleasant stay. I would definitely come back to this hostel in the future!

• 5th Mar 2014

Loved Vibes Hostel! Really comfy beds, hot showers and great location in Mariscal. Ace social as well, nice common rooms and great bar- cheap drinks (especially ladies night). Great place to just chill and watch some movies. Staff can also provide tons of advice on where to go amd transport options. Ended up staying for a few more nights. Was a fab start to my South American trip!

booked from recommendation from lonely planet. perfect location, clean, comfy place. the owner, santiago and his staff gave my brother and i AMAZING local info, made everyone comfortable and took us out to party. cant wait to go back!

• 27th Feb 2014

Located in the strategic & lively area of Quito, very easy to arrange trips or excursion with many travel agents around. There are restaurants, bars, mini market and internet kiosks around the blocks. It is also located near the red line for public transportation (5 stops to the old town - La Marin). Stayed a few nights here and had good experiences along the way. The area however is not located in the safest side of the city, please take a good common sense along the way expecially at night.

Good location close to city centre, easy to meet people, good atmosphere.

I enjoyed the stay there... but for backpackers it's easier to have breakfast included otherwise you have to go to the supermaket every day... and this takes time, time you could spend with better and more interesting things. But all in all was it a great time, the stuff is nice, the location is beautiful and I would come back :)

• 9th Feb 2014

Vibes is your basic hostel. Despite being in a party area, the rooms were pretty quiet. The wifi didn't work the whole time we were there though (6 nights) and none of the staff seemed to care. There are definitely not enough bathrooms in the place either.

Hello thanks, during that week the company had a major failure that didnt let us have wifi connection in the whole area, the problem has been fixed though, sadly cases like this are not up to us, and of course we do care, we have internet acces also if it was an emergency, we have 8 showers and 5 toilets available, you just have to walk a little bit if the one next door is taken.

Friendly welcoming staff. Good location in the new town. Wifi wasn't working during my stay, they had 2 computers though which were running. Rooms well kept. Wasn't much atmosphere while I was there.

hello ! thanks as usual, wifi problem due to company issues has been fixed already, saldy the hostel has to face it. Full hostel everyday doesnt mean that there will be fun people everyday, the hostel set conditions for people to have fun but it is always up to people to do it so please consider that for anyone reading this. thanks

Not a bad host but I don't feel it is as good as the reviews suggest. Great location in La Mariscal and facilities and staff were in general pretty but good but had a few small issues while we were there. The wifi didn't work for myself or the majority of the others that I met. They have a bar but the first night we were there it didn't open until 8pm and even then the bartender wasn't really there until about 9pm. The Friday night pub crawl they have never happened either.

Hello ! Thanks, wifi problem was a major cut off responsability of the company, it has been fixed already, yes the bar opens at 8 usd and the bartender was around the bar, all you have to do is ASK and the pub crawl did happened you just werent here when we left at 11pm, how inconvenient, next time please talk to people and staff, they are friendly and can help you.

1 2 3 Next » last »