Victoria Falls Backpackers Reviews

P.O.Box 151, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 357 Gibson Road, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

The beds are definitely not the most comfortable ones I've ever slept in and the rooms not the biggest or newest ones but the beautiful decorations and overall cosy and relaxed atmosphere make up for it. Definitely a great choice for all who want a laid-back and quiet place with friendly and helpful staff.

The staff at this hostel make it worth your stay. Especially jay coordinated all activities for me. I only had 30 hours in Victoria falls and He managed arrange quickly for me to see the falls, do a sun downer cruise and go white water rafting. and always made sure that people where on time and that I didn't miss my plane. They also have extra things most hostels wouldn't, like massages, feet cleansing fish pond. And even though the place was fully booked it didn't feel over crowded.

This is a very eclectic backpackers accomodations. Clean pool, nice outdoor kitchen and lounge, nice variety of accommodations at fair prices. Jay was very knowledgeable about area attractions and very helpful in booking. He helped to make our stay very enjoyable. Michelle gave an excellent massage for a very good price. The barbque was very good. Overall, a very good value for our money.

I enjoyed my stay here. Jay was very helpful with anything I wanted to know or do. They had great prices on the activities and weren't too far from town if you don't mind a walk.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. I stayed here 5 nights during my time in Victoria Falls and couldn't be happier. The staff go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience in Vic Falls. I booked several trips and activities through them and was more than happy with what I got. They choose companies with service that matches what you get at Victoria Falls Backpackers. The atmosphere and rooms are great as well. Highly recommended.

This is a really quirky hostel just out of town. Compared to a hotel stay this place is excellent value for money and it is really easy to book tours from here - the owner was really helpful.

Great setup and lovely staff

really friendly hostel where they know your name and cook for you, in a very central location!

The location for this place was really poor and not conducive to any quick access to food, groceries or shopping. There is a gate, in which people could just enter at any time. There were locks on each room but overall did not seem overly safe and secure if anything bad was to occur. The staff were amazing and helpful with any information and were extremely friendly. Overall the place was above average with the atmosphere, cleanliness, value and facilities. This is a great place to relax.

We enjoyed our stay very much. The stuff were great and really helpful

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Overall, very good. The staff was helpful and the hostel was very relaxed and peaceful. The man in charge is happy to arrange anything needed. Only downside is that you will need to get a taxi to the centre / Falls. It will cost $5.

We really liked this place, the staff is friendly, the garden is very pretty, the bathroom are very clean. We are one night the barbecue they offered which was good and there was a also a show of traditional dancers which was really great. 10 minutes away from the town, easy walkable. However I do not recommend the transfer service from the airport, we waited for it 2 hours (!) because of some sort of mis understanding and finally took a cab which was the same price as the transfer

Amazing hostel, run by a lovely and very informative woman. They host a good night of music and a BBQ for everyone. Everything you need from a hostel. Dorm beds could be a bit better but they had a nice feel.

Very nice place to stay. Excellent Staff,

• 19th Aug 2014

The hostel was clean and nicely laid out. It was a bit far away from the rest of the city - maybe a 15 min walk which you can't do at night. The atmosphere was backpacker with some more stuck up backpackers but also a couple of nice people. Staff was ok but white staff was really rude. Plus when we asked how much a taxi to Livingston - so just behind the border - would be, nobody had a clue what's going on just 5km away.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with all the sight seeing we wanted to do. We felt at home and would recommend it and stay there again. We all had a great time!

• 14th Aug 2014

A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Very friendly and hospitable staff who were able to arrange all my activities and offer enjoyable food at the braai. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• 30th Jul 2014