Victoria Falls Backpackers

8.1
Fabulous 312 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 41+
25th Feb 2017

Good clean hostel with amazing staff. My transport to Jo'Burgh was cancelled at the last minute. I had NOT booked my transport through the hostel but the staff did all that they possibly could to help me with this. I am very, very grateful for this.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
25th Feb 2017

Had a great stay at this backpackers. Staff made it for sure. Such great staff who really go out of their way to help you. It's in a lovely part of town and I wouldn't recommend anywhere else

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
13th Feb 2017

Nicely decorated, small hostel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. Good place to stay for a couple of nights. Mosquito nets available, also in dorms. The hostel is not very close to the entrance of the Vic Falls, but you can walk there in 30 minutes.

• USA, Female, 41+
7th Feb 2017

Though traveling alone-and 6l years old, everyone was friendly and shared. From food to walks, I never felt alone! I ran out of cash and a young girl lent me $30 for the falls!!! I made new friends and taught a free yoga class to 6 people!

• England, Male, 41+
5th Feb 2017

Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, great staff, I would thoroughly recommend staying there

• hellak6043
  • Sweden, Couple, 41+
17th Jan 2017
7.7

The garden and the pool are nice, but it needs more maintenance all over.

3rd Jan 2017

Overall..I can recommend it, but... The latch on the door to my room (9) did not work, so when inside the room, you could not really close it. Very slack maintenance. I stayed two nights, and fortunately I bathed 5 times River rafting, be ause the showers looked less than sanitary. Slack cleaning. Atmosphere, ok, but, I never saw the TV go off, and being located right in the center of the social area of the hostel, well, you get the idea.

• Sweden, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Dec 2016

The straff was very kind and helpful when we wanted to adjust our reservation. The taxi drivers they collaborate with are cheaper, thus no need to bargain. Very clean and tidy. Highly recommended, we had a great stay!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Dec 2016
6.9

The hostel has good facilities but a bit too far from the town. We were greeted by the owner who wasn't happy that we arrived so late at 9pm. The room that we got had lots of holes and many moscitoes inside and the net had many holes. Next day we asked to be moved to another room which was way better. The receptionist was very helpful and polite. The showers didn't have any hot water so cold showers only. Avoid spa services. Ruined my nails and during massage was constantly talking on the phone

8th Dec 2016
6.0

Well... the problem concerns the whole Victoria Falls town, it is just a tourist trap. Coming from nearby regions, here you will find everything quoted in USD/EUR at even higher western prices for every kind of activity you'd like to do, also the use of wifi. The hostel doesn't except and the staff is just strictly concerned about the income. Said this, the place is nice and given the lack of other similiar structures, it guarantees one of the few way to save some money through the kitchen.