Victoria Falls Backpackers Reviews

P.O.Box 151, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 357 Gibson Road, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

The hostel is a little bit out of town, but given the price that is completely understandable. The staff are amazingly helpful for bookings and activities, they've even put together some booklets which let you compare the different prices and deals. 10/10 would stay again.

Really nice stay in an original backpacker! We recommend it!

Far away from the center and border. You need to take a taxi to get to/from hostel (between $5-$10/each way) or take a 30 minutes walk. The private rooms are basic with small beds. They charge $3/day to use WiFi (first time in a hostel where internet is charged).

Helpful, polite and welcoming staff, the location was away from the town but not too far away to walk. Relaxing atmosphere big sociable and met a few interesting people. Would recommend this hostel.

• 21st Apr 2015

Stayed here for 3 nights as a base in Vic Falls in the ensuite room. Basic accommodation but suitable for 3 nights. Jay, (manager I think) was extremely helpful in booking tours. We went on Chobe half day, sunset dinner cruise on Zambezi River and a private game tour at Stanley Game reserve. Chobe and cruise were amazing - a highlight of our 5 months away. Bathroom in room not very private and little cracks in building but didn't seem to attract insects. Overall, a wonderful stay.

• 14th Apr 2015

Fantastic quiet, quirky retreat. Especially friendly and helpful staff. The place to stay in Vic falls.

Realxed atmosphere, very kind and helpful staff and feeling at home.

• 10th Apr 2015

Absolutely loved my stay here! One of my favorite hostels I've ever been to! Wonderfully friendly staff.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The accomodation is excellent, with very friendly staff who help organise all your adventures at excellent prices. The atmosphere is very laid back. So if you want a big party, try somewhere else. If you want to read a book and chill by the pool, this is your place

I had a great time staying there. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. We went to Shoes strings Backpackers hostel one night to see the bar and we found it horible. Loud music all night long. Highly recommend VFBackpackers hostel

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

Awesome chilled out atmosphere and great value for money. Perfect for a stay in Vic Falls.

Great place for the money and Jay was very helpful and nice!

Not much of a backpackers atmosphere with other travelers looking to have fun. A family of 5 local Zimbabweans who were family friends with the staff and a family of Christian missionaries who attempted to push their beliefs on me made the atmosphere uncomfortable at some points. At one point came back to my room with 2 of the locals in a bed lying about despite not even staying in the room. But the staff was friendly and helpful; and the place itself was clean and quite pleasant.

What a place! Vrey family atmosphere, super clean, quiet. Perfect if you wanna rest and think. It's probably the most beautiful hostel I've ever seen. Miss you already! Jay, hope to see you in the future! Great job guys!

I had a lovely time at Victoria Falls Backpackers. Jay was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious. I really appreciated the gentle quiet atmosphere there. I did not have to endure a wild party inflicted on me as is so often the case with many hostels.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Friendly Staff, Very Helpfull (any tours You want they organize for You - good value and quality for Chobe NP compared to other companies + custom tours). African style decor. 15 min walk to the town center and about 30 to Victoria Falls gate. 5$ Taxi. Walks Not recommende by night beacuase of Baboons (everywhere in the town ;). $3 Internet. Small Cafe breakfast $5, wather and beer 1$-2$. Pool. Kitchen. Massage etc

• 28th Jan 2015

The hostel had a great atmosphere, and Jay, the hostel manager, was very helpfull and nice. The only bad thing about this hostel was the ladt who workerd at the café. It seemed like every time we wanted to order something, she looked at it as it was the worst thing possible to happen, because she had to leave the couch and the tv - during workhours.

The beds are definitely not the most comfortable ones I've ever slept in and the rooms not the biggest or newest ones but the beautiful decorations and overall cosy and relaxed atmosphere make up for it. Definitely a great choice for all who want a laid-back and quiet place with friendly and helpful staff.

Didn't know that Zimbabwe uses USD and everything is ridiculously expensive (30 USD from the airport to the hostel) and felt that the guy running the hostel gets a cut from all the activities they offer consider he sat us down after the 'tour" of the hostel and watched a video about the activities and then made "tab" for us to add all the things we wanted, felt like in was at one of those timeshare schemes.

The staff at this hostel make it worth your stay. Especially jay coordinated all activities for me. I only had 30 hours in Victoria falls and He managed arrange quickly for me to see the falls, do a sun downer cruise and go white water rafting. and always made sure that people where on time and that I didn't miss my plane. They also have extra things most hostels wouldn't, like massages, feet cleansing fish pond. And even though the place was fully booked it didn't feel over crowded.

View all Victoria Falls Hostels