Victoria Falls Backpackers Reviews

P.O.Box 151, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 357 Gibson Road, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

I had a great time staying there. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. We went to Shoes strings Backpackers hostel one night to see the bar and we found it horible. Loud music all night long. Highly recommend VFBackpackers hostel

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

Awesome chilled out atmosphere and great value for money. Perfect for a stay in Vic Falls.

Great place for the money and Jay was very helpful and nice!

Not much of a backpackers atmosphere with other travelers looking to have fun. A family of 5 local Zimbabweans who were family friends with the staff and a family of Christian missionaries who attempted to push their beliefs on me made the atmosphere uncomfortable at some points. At one point came back to my room with 2 of the locals in a bed lying about despite not even staying in the room. But the staff was friendly and helpful; and the place itself was clean and quite pleasant.

What a place! Vrey family atmosphere, super clean, quiet. Perfect if you wanna rest and think. It's probably the most beautiful hostel I've ever seen. Miss you already! Jay, hope to see you in the future! Great job guys!

I had a lovely time at Victoria Falls Backpackers. Jay was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious. I really appreciated the gentle quiet atmosphere there. I did not have to endure a wild party inflicted on me as is so often the case with many hostels.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Friendly Staff, Very Helpfull (any tours You want they organize for You - good value and quality for Chobe NP compared to other companies + custom tours). African style decor. 15 min walk to the town center and about 30 to Victoria Falls gate. 5$ Taxi. Walks Not recommende by night beacuase of Baboons (everywhere in the town ;). $3 Internet. Small Cafe breakfast $5, wather and beer 1$-2$. Pool. Kitchen. Massage etc

• 28th Jan 2015

The hostel had a great atmosphere, and Jay, the hostel manager, was very helpfull and nice. The only bad thing about this hostel was the ladt who workerd at the café. It seemed like every time we wanted to order something, she looked at it as it was the worst thing possible to happen, because she had to leave the couch and the tv - during workhours.

The beds are definitely not the most comfortable ones I've ever slept in and the rooms not the biggest or newest ones but the beautiful decorations and overall cosy and relaxed atmosphere make up for it. Definitely a great choice for all who want a laid-back and quiet place with friendly and helpful staff.

Didn't know that Zimbabwe uses USD and everything is ridiculously expensive (30 USD from the airport to the hostel) and felt that the guy running the hostel gets a cut from all the activities they offer consider he sat us down after the 'tour" of the hostel and watched a video about the activities and then made "tab" for us to add all the things we wanted, felt like in was at one of those timeshare schemes.

The staff at this hostel make it worth your stay. Especially jay coordinated all activities for me. I only had 30 hours in Victoria falls and He managed arrange quickly for me to see the falls, do a sun downer cruise and go white water rafting. and always made sure that people where on time and that I didn't miss my plane. They also have extra things most hostels wouldn't, like massages, feet cleansing fish pond. And even though the place was fully booked it didn't feel over crowded.

This is a very eclectic backpackers accomodations. Clean pool, nice outdoor kitchen and lounge, nice variety of accommodations at fair prices. Jay was very knowledgeable about area attractions and very helpful in booking. He helped to make our stay very enjoyable. Michelle gave an excellent massage for a very good price. The barbque was very good. Overall, a very good value for our money.

I enjoyed my stay here. Jay was very helpful with anything I wanted to know or do. They had great prices on the activities and weren't too far from town if you don't mind a walk.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. I stayed here 5 nights during my time in Victoria Falls and couldn't be happier. The staff go out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience in Vic Falls. I booked several trips and activities through them and was more than happy with what I got. They choose companies with service that matches what you get at Victoria Falls Backpackers. The atmosphere and rooms are great as well. Highly recommended.

This is a really quirky hostel just out of town. Compared to a hotel stay this place is excellent value for money and it is really easy to book tours from here - the owner was really helpful.

Great setup and lovely staff

really friendly hostel where they know your name and cook for you, in a very central location!

The location for this place was really poor and not conducive to any quick access to food, groceries or shopping. There is a gate, in which people could just enter at any time. There were locks on each room but overall did not seem overly safe and secure if anything bad was to occur. The staff were amazing and helpful with any information and were extremely friendly. Overall the place was above average with the atmosphere, cleanliness, value and facilities. This is a great place to relax.

We enjoyed our stay very much. The stuff were great and really helpful

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Overall, very good. The staff was helpful and the hostel was very relaxed and peaceful. The man in charge is happy to arrange anything needed. Only downside is that you will need to get a taxi to the centre / Falls. It will cost $5.

View all Victoria Falls Hostels