Victoria Falls Backpackers Reviews

P.O.Box 151, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, 357 Gibson Road, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

Pool was MIA. Ouch. When booking ask if pool is filled, or you'll be dissapointed!

• 19th Jan 2016

Great place, shame I could stay for only one night

Wonderful staying in this Bacpackers very well decorated, clean and I Thanks to the Personal as BLESSING Who is fantastic for help everybody. Michael B.

Friendly & easygoing staff, basic but convenient facilities, breakfast ok. I stayed in a twin bed room w/shared bathroom. Room was small, but clean. The backpackers is a bit out of the centre, but still within walking distance (during the day). Taxis are available.

Really nice staff

Victoria Falls Backpackers is amazing! It's cozy and quiet (except the toads at night). The property is like a slice of heaven! My cottage was spacious, nice size bathroom, shower with great water pressure, and very cool temperature wise. I was able to book excursions thru the hostel and it was easy. My bed was super comfy and every night I had a good night's sleep. They also had a nice café area where I could order all my meals. ZOMG the food there is delicious! This is the ONLY place to stay.

This is the best value you will get in Vic Falls. It can seem pricey, but you won't get a better deal. We were there in summer and it was very hot - the pool was an excellent resource. The staff is amazing and will help you book tours/activities. We met a lot of great people there as we all gathered in the kitchen at night. The Bush Café is also a life saver when you need some food. Town is a little far for summer walking, but a taxi is only $3-4.

Great hostel to stay! Very helpfull staff. They helped organise a fantastic safari trip to Botswana in a very short time (1 day before). The atmosphere in the hotel was also fantastic. Nice decorations, pets around to cuddle and very nice people to meet. VicFalls very close and to reach by taxi for only 5 dollars. I would definetely stay here again!

Great, helpful staff. Fully equipped outdoors kitchen. A bit off from the town, but very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Not a partyplace (which I appreciated!)

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

The room was a bit warm at night, and the mosquito nets did not reach the ground and had quite a few holes in them, but the common areas were very nice, good value for the money and the staff was helpful. I also would recommend making sure the doors lock and changing the key situation so it's not so obvious when someone is not in their room.making it harder for just anyone to grab the keys (perhaps keeping them behind the desk and installing better locks).

The hostel has great facilities and is close to town. Jay is a legend, booking a tour for me at the last minute. The braai BBQ night is awesome and the pool area has a great vibe. Definitely the best backpackers in Vic Falls!

The only down side was the promised barbacue by the fire . turned out to be precooked food including pre-barbecued meat on the grill .The food was awfully done.The Sadza was cold and not cooked properly .The lady was rude and ununfriendly towards the guests. She made a comment' 'eat quickly im nt here all night as we started serving the food. My other half asked her if there was another table for him to put his food and her reply was, the ones you see are the only one. so why book a lot of ppl

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Zimbabwe

We really enjoyed our stay at this backpackers. All the staff were lovely, especially J who was very down to earth and had all the answers to our questions. The hostel is a 20 minute walk to town and it's nice and quiet. Shoestrings is more lively but you can head there at night and then get a good night's sleep! Lockers in the rooms would improve things further.

We stayed for five nights and enjoyed our time. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, there is a good vibe here, the pool was great, and rooms are clean. The kitchen facilities could benefit by more utensils and a cleaner fridge, but no complaints. The bathroom and kitchen need better lighting and fixtures. The wifi is fast, but you do have to pay extra for it (we didn't know prior). The restaurant food is ok and inexpensive. The morning coffee was delicious! We would stay here again.

The staff and the service is excellent, the location is not ideal (but can be checked in advance, so no surprises), everything else is ok. Wifi is not cheap, but decent.

Staff sometimes seemed annoyed to answer questions about booking activities and getting around. Very friendly when we arrived but then less friendly demeanor towards our group by the second night of our stay. Not every staff member though- the women who prepared food were awesome!

• 2nd Sep 2015

Excellent service!

Wonderfully quiet and peaceful, love the outdoor atmosphere you've created and kitchen area. For me it could all have been a bit more sparkling for cleanliness. thanks though I enjoyed my stay

Very friendly staff. Bit of a walk to the falls/town but you could always take a taxi

If you stay in the first double room, that have the windows over the parking, you will listen all the people arriving with their cars at night, and it's possible during all the night. The bathroom need a restauration

View all Victoria Falls Hostels