Victoria Hotel Backpackers Reviews

380 Victoria Street, Brunswick, Melbourne, Australia

The hostel isn't bad, it is conveniently located close to cafes, restaurants, buses, tramways and train. However it is unfortunately outside of the free tram zone. Also, there is nobody at all to check you in or out, or to open the door (!) for you between 8am and 2pm. I stayed 5 nights, and then moved to the CBD to avoid paying the public transport everyday.

I LOVE this hostel. Could not find a more friendly, inviting place. The staff, other backpackers, the facilities, everything about it. Initially it seems a little out of the way in terms of what is going on - i.e. the CBD - however Sydney Road and Lygon Road are just round the corner which is a buzzing with things to do. Highly recommend it!

Amazing hostel that doesn't have the generic feel of most hostels.

Very dirty, old building. The hostel is located on a bar and there was another bar outside my window, so at weekends it was very loud with bands playing. The bed I slept in was really uncomfortable. It's located a bit out of town but that didn't bother me much, it only took 20 minutes by train to Melbourne central. Internet is included in the price, it's slow though. If you like beer and music a lot and don't care about cleanliness much it's a great place.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Hostel was ok basic felt welcome there staff friendly. Pub

Awesome stay. Will be there again!

• 9th Jan 2015

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Stu for his list of places to go.

Nice staff, awesome environment!!! I recommend!!!

• 14th Oct 2014

My favorite thing about Vic Hotel backpackers was the atmosphere- everyone was very relaxed. It was basically a bunch of chill travellers all looking for work. I liked that the hostel was small and cozy- very homey feeling and if you stay there long enough it becomes like a family.

• 28th Sep 2014

Reggie the owner wait me at 1am coz I arrived late from the airport and he did my check in an offer a beer so the welcome was good as is the hostel. Thanks