Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Wonderful hostel. Good wifi and comfortable beds. Towels were a nice bonus. The staff were amazing especially when I wasn't feeling well. The lovely cleaner even made me a cup of tea. Bathroom was a bit small but did the job. Lockers aren't the best but I just locked my bags and had no issues. I'd stay there again if I go back to Nice

We were upgraded without being informed, which was ok, but we had to walk an additional 15 minutes with luggage to our new apartment. We had air conditioning which was nice, but no wifi which was extremely inconvenient. We also weren't left a key, so it was difficult to leave our things in the room due to security reasons. Overall it was a nice apartment (upgrade from the hostel) and the location was fine. Wish we had wifi and more contact with the hostel employees to help with the key situation

I had a brief but lovely stay - everyone was so chilled and friendly. The only thing I would say to improve on is the air conditioning. It was extremely hot in our dorm and the fan wasn't enough!

No airconditioning! Unbearable in summer

Restroom is very very small

My stay was nice. The bed was comfortable and Val is very friendly. Only downside was no A/C, but there was a fan and it cools down at night. The bathroom is really small, but works. Overall the atmosphere was awesome.

I had a great time at this hostel. Val makes you feel welcome right from the word go and has some great tips for exploring Nice and the surrounding area. It was also incredibly easy to meet people. Such a convenient location, I will most definitely back again one day.

Stayed here with 3 other guys, friends from back home. Before we even got there, our room was upgraded to the off site apartment. It was great! Also Val kept in touch with us the entire stay so we could stay involved in hostel activities. We would definitely recommend the pub crawl for people looking to meet others. Would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for the same experience.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Incredibly friendly and homely hostel, one of the members of staff saw us whilst on his way out for dinner and guessed we were trying to find the hostel, so took us there himself, before giving us a quick guide to where to find something to eat as we arrived fairly late, and even walked us halfway there. Only stayed for a short amount of time but was very impressed by the staff in particular, so so helpful, and so homely!

The room not very hot even during summer time. Besides, the staffs are very helpful. Every room is kitchenette.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

This place is the place to stay if you want to meet people, have fun, be in a great location, and hang out with Mr Sassy cat himself - Victor. I loved my stay here! Val makes you feel comfortable and included straight away and he is full of information on Nice. I wish i had longer here and I hope I can come back one day!

This hostel has a great location. I wouldn´t recomend it if you are going in summer time. It is extremely hot and they do not have AC, just a small fan, which is not enough. I had a good experience here and the staff and other travelers were really nice.

Staff was very helpful with recommendations for activities, food, and directions. Hostel is very easy to get to and in a perfect location for accessing the beach, transportation, nightlife, etc. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to stay in Nice on a budget!

Stay here. Seriously. Everyone is friendly the staff is really inclusive and urges people to meet and spend time together, and is always willing to give suggestions on restaurants or things to do. A young people's' place for sure. By far the most fun and interesting environment I've experienced while traveling.

I had the most awesome experience at this hostel. People were extremely friendly and the adventures we had was one of a kind. Thank you for all! --Carlos R.

• 2nd Jul 2015

This is the place to stay if you're a young individual looking to make friends and enjoy Nice. Valerio, the host during my stay, was extremely hospitable and made making friends extremely easy. The hostel is a little small, but the atmosphere makes up for this tenfold. As a lone backpacker, I felt like I was home after just one night. If you book a bed here, you'll definitely have a good time.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Was in an amazing spot walking distance to everything. The hostel manager, Val, was the nicest guy ever! Have you good info on nice and places to go etc. He creates an awesome environment at the hostel and everyone becomes friends. A lovely and safe spot to stay - if I ever go back to Nice I will 100% be staying at Victoria house!

Good location, easily can walk to the beach and through the town.

Loved my stay at Victoria! Spent the first night in a six person private with friends from college. The room was in a separate apartment space 10 min from hostel base and FANTASTIC! Air conditioning, easy beach access, towels and the friendliest staff.It feels like you're welcomed into a family immediately. Great spot if you're traveling alone-awesome people and really sincere culture/atmosphere. Second night we stayed in two person room at hostel. No AC was the one downside.

As many reviewers have said, the atmosphere at this hostel is superb. This is largely thanks to the effort of the young, unbelievably friendly, helpful and energetic staff. If you want to get involved then you'll love it here. If you prefer being left in quiet serenity it may not be ideal but you'll feel welcome regardless. The hostel itself is rather cramped and average, the place is aged and the arrangement feels a bit ad-hoc, but is very well taken care of all things considered.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5