8.5
Fabulous 867 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 867 Total Reviews
Victoria House Hostel Located at 6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, , Nice.
France
Nice 06000 6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni
85% 867
43.6983325 7.2717690
    Rooms available

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
24th Jul 2016

The location was super close to the center. The hostel wasn't the cleanest, but none of that even mattered because Victoria and Joel are the sweetest and coolest hosts ever. We had family dinners and went out together. It had a nice small hostel vibe. I would stay again just for the people. Very close to the old and new city and the beach. We had a lovely stay

23rd Jul 2016

LOVED this hostel. It is much smaller (24 beds) than many others I have stayed in, but it was very personal and easy to meet people. My first night the owner threw a "family dinner" in which everybody brought something to eat. That night she took us out to a variety of local bars around Nice. That in itself made me love this hostel. Even better was the very central location. The bathrooms are small and the hostel is in an old building so for clean freaks you may think it's dirty, but for me no.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
18th Jul 2016
7.1

The location of this hostel is amazing! However the building itself is very dated. There is no AC and it was so hot in our room! We left the window open at night to try and get some air and we were eaten alive by mosquitos. The staff were very friendly, however after we checked in they moved us to a different room and moved all of our belongings while we were gone which I did not appreciate at all. The bathroom is tiny and moldy.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

I only stayed one night but my impression had been a fairly good one. The hostel is clean, the atmosphere is warm. The location is great, right in the city centre. If one is prepared to stay in a 'youth' hostel, where people will come in late or early in the morning, have loud chats in the kitchen and make new contacts then the hostel is a really great place to be.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Jul 2016
8.0

Fantastic location and a great friendly atmosphere which mostly makes up for the problems in the rooms. The bathrooms are tiny and the rooms hot, however I did not find this to be too much of a problem. The male staff member who works there is lovely and accommodating and the owner is a delight. Overall, a decent hostel in a brilliant location.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2016
5.1

I was extremely dissapointed by a number of things at Victoria Hostel. While the staff were very helpful and friendly, myself and my travel partners did not think we got the value for our money. In fact, we were very upset that we paid that amount for a hostel such as this one. Our bathroom was unacceptable. Mold all over our shower, the sink was so tiny that we could not brush our teeth or wash our hands without water spilling out onto the floor. Two of our friends left to stay at a hotel inst.

• szako5784
  • Hungary, Male, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

Thank you for the staff for the kindness and hospitality.

4th Jul 2016

The location is great. Stayed in a 6 person room which was fine but the bathroom is tiny. The balcony is nice for hanging your towels on. People used the kitchen area every night so that certainly seemed useful and that's where most people hung out. The staff is friendly but all seemed relatively new to the area. In the morning I found it very difficult to track down staff which was a bit annoying since I had a few questions plus we couldn't get the coffee machine working. Overall decent hostel!

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
4th Jul 2016

The staff were very helpful. The room was comfortable. Although the mould in the ensuite was not a good look due to poor ventilation. Location was fantastic and close to everything. Really really enjoyed my stay.

• England, Female, 31-40
4th Jul 2016

Nice hostel with great people and excellent location. I found kitchen quite small and seating uncomfortable. Bathroom and bedrooms quite dated and I thought, for the price would be in better condition.