Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

As many reviewers have said, the atmosphere at this hostel is superb. This is largely thanks to the effort of the young, unbelievably friendly, helpful and energetic staff. If you want to get involved then you'll love it here. If you prefer being left in quiet serenity it may not be ideal but you'll feel welcome regardless. The hostel itself is rather cramped and average, the place is aged and the arrangement feels a bit ad-hoc, but is very well taken care of all things considered.

Victoria House Hostel is absolutely fabulous. It's very clean, with large rooms and a great kitchen where you can bring your own food in to cook or make hot beverages using the hostel's own supplies. I was also very pleased to find that there was a bathroom for each four-person dorm; as a consequence, there was hardly any wait for a shower in the morning! Val, the manager (and Vincent, the marketing manager) was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely come again!

• 24th Jun 2015

I loved the location and how chill the staff was.

Very small hostel. The front guy was friendly but the bathroom was literally a show box and the light and shower were broken. Great location though!

Great hostel in Nice, where there are other hostels but are much lower quality

Nice is a lovely city and Val has made it even more lovely. Hope I can come back one day :)

Considering security , lockers should be available individually . I mean real lockers . Had some stuff i care about and got scared all the time . Good spot considering how close the beach was , People there and Val , jsut amazing go whenever ya want

I stayed here just one night but it was amazing experience! Valerio was really friendly and he recommende me so many good places. And also his partner Victor was really friendly and cute and adorable. Everyone was really friendly so if you want to meet a new friends or have fun, this place is perfect for that. Highly recommended!

• 15th Jun 2015

Val is a great host, makes everyone feel welcome and included the second you check into the hostel. Myself and 3 other friends were actually upgraded to an amazing loft apartment just a 10 minute walk from the hostel which was incredible value for the same price of a 4 bed dormitory. My friends and I were shocked at the size of it - occasionally this apartment is given to larger groups who reserve at Victoria House. Our brief encounters in the hostel were warm - would highly recommend!

I would have to stay best hostel I have ever stayed in. If you are looking to meet new people this is the place to go. Perfect atmosphere for a solo traveller.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great hostel for lonely travelers, with a great location. Valerio, the manager, is a great and kind person, always helping the guests

• Argentina

My one night was great, staff was very helpful and good security. Only complaint is that bed frame squeaked a lot when I moved. Would definitely come back for longer if I'm ever in Nice again.

• 13th Jun 2015

Even though we only stayed one night in the Victoria House, we liked it a lot. Vlad made us feel like home, helped us get around the city and held on to our luggage after the check-out.

This has got to be the best hostel in all of France. Valerie is super welcoming and immediately shows you how to get around the city. He also spends time getting to know everyone in the hostel and organizing group events. The hostel is clean, well run and centrally located to the Nice beach and train station.

• 10th Jun 2015

Val and the victor were extremely welcoming and made it a very nice transition to a new city. Thank you! Ciao!!!

Absolutely great hostel, super small and friendly every one is like a family. Bathrooms are a bit rage but that's the only downside. I would 100% go back

I don't remember his name but the guy that works there is really helpful, he tried to get everyone talking which was pretty cool. He gave good recommendation on sights and food aswell. The city itself was amazing but it's good to know that you will be going back to a hostel where the atmosphere is nice and friendly. I highly recommend this place and will be going back the next time I visit nice.

This place was awesome. From the moment I walked in the staff and guest were amazing. From the bar crawls to the walking tour there is so much to do. There is a little bakery right next to the hostel to get breakfast or a snack at. And you are only 3 min from the beaches. Would highly recommend taking the train for 4euros to some of the other nearby towns. 3 days was not enough time for me can't wait to go back.

Val is by far the biggest asset of the hostel. He is accommodating, chatty and happy to help. The hostel attracts nice mixture of people and one can certainly find someone to talk to. The property is located well and gives a flavour of living in Nice.

Great location, but Val made all the difference! Super riendly ND helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4