Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

It is not very clean. The bedroom has one very small bathroom that we could not even move inside there! No air condicioned and the situation of the beds were really poor ( old stuff ). I could not stay there. I needed to find another place to stay in the last minute. Even the price that they charge is not so cheap! If it was 10 euros by night I could understand but charging 38 euros under these conditions os not acceptable. In nice there are better places for this price.

• 21st Aug 2015

Great little place. Quite cosy, and almost everyone I met was very friendly here. The prices are a bit steep for what you get, but that seems normal for all the hostels I could find on Nice. Amazing location, within a hundred or so metres of the main city square, it's surrounded by lots of food and shopping, right by a tram stop and a few minutes to the beach on foot.

The hostel is very well located but the triple dorm in which I stayed is showing quite a lot of wear and tear. Certain of the sockets were in a poor state of repair and the bathroom attached to the dorm was incredibly tight spacewise - hence average in some of the reviews. Due to arriving a night earlier than expected we had stayed in a hostel for 1 night in the city in a very similar location and at a similar price but the facilities were far better in the hostel used for night one

The city in itself is great, which helps the hostel quite a lot. I've met some great people there and the atmosphere is really good. Facilities could be better though. The bathroom is tiny and the shower in my dorm was broken, so we had to shower in the bathroom at the back of the office. Val is a very helpful guy and was a pleasure to meet him.

I had a very pleasant stay at the hostel. The staff were nice and eager to offer assistance and sightseeing advice. The rooms were clean and spacious. The location was great (10 minute walk to the beach) The ensuite in our room was out of order. The common shower was a little inconvenient to use (no shower curtain, so I had to be very careful with the aiming the shower head). I think I got a great value for my money here.

Only stayed one night, but it was a very nice hostel! Staff was really nice and easy to get to know people there :) Location was also great!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Norway

Nice hostel, good atmosphere! The shower in my room did not work, so we had to take our showers right next to the office.

amazing hostel! It was an easy walk from the station and Val let me drop by back off early which was very helpful. the hostel is very close to the square which is near the beach and old town. super great atmosphere I met some great people and Victor the cat is so cute! I would definitely recommend!

This was perfect for traveling alone, as everyone in my room was also on a solo trip. The staff was super friendly and helpful and there was always something to do at night. It's an older apartment building with a small bathroom but don't let that keep you away. I had a great experience here.

Had a great stay at Victoria House. The highlight definitely was how social it was. The owner, Val, makes it very easy for people to get together and have fun. If you're looking for a social hostel experience I would definitely recommend here.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Wow. Val and Viktor's Victoria House Hostel was amazing! The minute you arrive Val makes sure you feel welcome and introduces you to everyone staying in the hostel. If you are travelling solo you'll never feel alone here. The atmosphere is amazing and location is fantastic. Definitely recommend!

Cosy little hostel, more like an apartment. It is so close to the beach and old town. The train station is about 10 minutes away. We were welcomed and told about all the places we could go and given a map of the local area. The rooms were clean, a little old fashioned with no aircon so it could get stuffy but it is a really lovely place with a great family atmosphere. They took us to a karaoke bar with all the other guests which was a great way of meeting everyone. Would definitely stay again!!

Had an amazing stay a Victoria House, met so many people and made some great friends. The location is excellent, really close to everything you would want, particulary Old Town which is excellent for dinner and ice cream! The staff are so friendly and will help you with anything.

• 29th Jul 2015

Wonderful hostel. Good wifi and comfortable beds. Towels were a nice bonus. The staff were amazing especially when I wasn't feeling well. The lovely cleaner even made me a cup of tea. Bathroom was a bit small but did the job. Lockers aren't the best but I just locked my bags and had no issues. I'd stay there again if I go back to Nice

Excellent hostel! Met so many nice people here (now friends) and had some great days and nights out. Highly recommend.

Very good location, there is no clima in the rooms, very hot but location is best for short staying. Thanks Valerio for all helping, answering all questions.

The bathroom was not working during my stay, we had to take showers in a really small room in the back of the office. I haven't seen any effort from the staff to interact with the guests, the guy just gives you a map, mark some stuff to see and that's it. There was nothing like those pub nights, beach parties or whatever they advertise here. The location really is great, close to the beach and everything else, but I can't recommend this hostel if you're travelling alone and want to meet people.

Oh how I love Victoria House Hostel!! The people and the atmosphere there - unreal. Stayed there for 5 nights, and if I'm ever in Nice again will definitely be staying there (stayed in a few others, this one by far the friendliest!) Staff are the coolest, Val, Victor and Caroline made the stay the sweetest out there. If you want to have a good time in Nice and meet rad people - stay at VHH friends! :)

My favourite hostel in my month travelling! Great atmosphere, you'll easily meet everyone in the hostel if you want to and have plenty of people to go to the beach or party with! Staff was very welcoming and made it feel like home. Would highly recommend to anyone.

We were upgraded without being informed, which was ok, but we had to walk an additional 15 minutes with luggage to our new apartment. We had air conditioning which was nice, but no wifi which was extremely inconvenient. We also weren't left a key, so it was difficult to leave our things in the room due to security reasons. Overall it was a nice apartment (upgrade from the hostel) and the location was fine. Wish we had wifi and more contact with the hostel employees to help with the key situation

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6