Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Plus: Great central location for explorations of the old city and for going to the beach, friendly and helpful staff. Minus: Furnishings such as beds, mattresses, lockers, etc. are at best average and range from low-quality to run-down. Room interiors would benefit from renovation. There is only one usable power outlet per room. All spaces including bathrooms are rather cramped. No breakfast. No computer terminals for internet access, however WiFi is available gratuit.

It was a really nice hostel, and we felt like at home. 2 min from Place Massena, and everything you need inside the hostel. Thanks for everything Valentino, hope to see you soon!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice hostel in the very nice city! Location is excellent. Old city area, bus stops to Cannes, Monaco and airport are all in walking distance. The staff/manager/king of the house or whatever he called himself is really nice and helpful (handsome too, girls! ;p). I definitely will come back!

Amazingly nice staff. Perfect location in the center of nice. Rooms could have AC though and a bigger commonroom.

I was very happy with my stay there, the staff super helpful and friendly and the people there were awesome.

• 10th Jul 2014

This was a great place to stay and the staff was extremely helpful!!

really nice!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The location is excellent and Valerio is a great host, always very helpful. I'd definitely recommend it.

This was my favourite place that we stayed. Loved the location so close to the beach, and easy to get to and from the train station / airport. Rooms were immaculately clean and everyone who we met there was so friendly. Thank you to the handsome Valerio (and Victor) who made us feel at home :) The homemade pasta definitely was a bonus!

Hostel in a great location, close proximity to everything. Hostel description needs to mention there is a cat, my girlfriend is allergic and this caused her some problems. Val the host tried his best to keep the cat away, but it's tough. Common room/kitchen is locked at night and doesn't open till 9am, this restricts you if you want to make your own breakfast/lunch and have an early start. Bathroom was quite small but served it purpose and beds comfortable. Overall, good hostel minus the cat.

I really enjoyed my stay here and I would definitely recommend that anyone else going to Nice stays here as well. The hostel is in a great location, very central and everything is walkable. There are tons of great restaurants and bars literally around the corner. Val is so nice and does a great job at creating a community feeling among the current hostel guests. The rooms are pretty small and the bathrooms miniscule but its ok! The rest makes up for it :)

We enjoyed our stay very much. The building is old, but it's QUITE near the beach. Near to other important areas. Staff was quite friendly and helpful; we got complete directions any time we asked for them. The location makes all the other factors pale. This place was close to a main square, 10 minutes from the beach, etc etc cetc!

We had such a great time in Nice all due to Val and the Victoria House. No the hostel isn't 5 stars to say the least but Val was able to help us with any information we needed! He had beach towels for us to use, a computer, and great wifi. Most importantly his recommendation for all the guests to meet up to go out to the bars made it an incredibly fun trip because we were able to make friends and have crazy new experiences. Thank you!

• 12th Jun 2014

I stay here only One night, the location is fantastic cause it near the old town, and the staff is really nice, but the facilities is quite old and the room is not clean.

It was siiiick!

• 10th Jun 2014

This is probably best hostel I have stayed in with regards to atmosphere. I was travelling alone and met people before I even had the chance to put my bag down. It is in a better location than others around town (I stayed in 4 others) and always ended up spending my time here. Val is a fantastic host, which always makes the hostel experience better.

• 10th Jun 2014

Nice place. Good people.

Great hostel! Great location! Great host!

Was only here for one night, however was a fantastic hostel. Very friendly staff, great clean rooms and in an awesome location right near the beach, shops and not far from the train station. Highly recommend!

So much fun! Val was hilarious and very accommodating for my friend and I! Made it up on the "wall of fame". Met so many fun people at this hostel! Very family orientated, we all met in the common room every night and went out! Cant wait to come back to see Val and Victor!

« first « Prev 1 2 3