Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

As many reviewers have said, the atmosphere at this hostel is superb. This is largely thanks to the effort of the young, unbelievably friendly, helpful and energetic staff. If you want to get involved then you'll love it here. If you prefer being left in quiet serenity it may not be ideal but you'll feel welcome regardless. The hostel itself is rather cramped and average, the place is aged and the arrangement feels a bit ad-hoc, but is very well taken care of all things considered.

• 25th Jun 2015

I loved the location and how chill the staff was.

Nice is a lovely city and Val has made it even more lovely. Hope I can come back one day :)

Considering security , lockers should be available individually . I mean real lockers . Had some stuff i care about and got scared all the time . Good spot considering how close the beach was , People there and Val , jsut amazing go whenever ya want

Val is a great host, makes everyone feel welcome and included the second you check into the hostel. Myself and 3 other friends were actually upgraded to an amazing loft apartment just a 10 minute walk from the hostel which was incredible value for the same price of a 4 bed dormitory. My friends and I were shocked at the size of it - occasionally this apartment is given to larger groups who reserve at Victoria House. Our brief encounters in the hostel were warm - would highly recommend!

I would have to stay best hostel I have ever stayed in. If you are looking to meet new people this is the place to go. Perfect atmosphere for a solo traveller.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great hostel for lonely travelers, with a great location. Valerio, the manager, is a great and kind person, always helping the guests

• Argentina

My one night was great, staff was very helpful and good security. Only complaint is that bed frame squeaked a lot when I moved. Would definitely come back for longer if I'm ever in Nice again.

• 13th Jun 2015

Even though we only stayed one night in the Victoria House, we liked it a lot. Vlad made us feel like home, helped us get around the city and held on to our luggage after the check-out.

This has got to be the best hostel in all of France. Valerie is super welcoming and immediately shows you how to get around the city. He also spends time getting to know everyone in the hostel and organizing group events. The hostel is clean, well run and centrally located to the Nice beach and train station.

• 10th Jun 2015

Val and the victor were extremely welcoming and made it a very nice transition to a new city. Thank you! Ciao!!!

Absolutely great hostel, super small and friendly every one is like a family. Bathrooms are a bit rage but that's the only downside. I would 100% go back

This place was awesome. From the moment I walked in the staff and guest were amazing. From the bar crawls to the walking tour there is so much to do. There is a little bakery right next to the hostel to get breakfast or a snack at. And you are only 3 min from the beaches. Would highly recommend taking the train for 4euros to some of the other nearby towns. 3 days was not enough time for me can't wait to go back.

Val is by far the biggest asset of the hostel. He is accommodating, chatty and happy to help. The hostel attracts nice mixture of people and one can certainly find someone to talk to. The property is located well and gives a flavour of living in Nice.

Great location, but Val made all the difference! Super riendly ND helpful.

The host is very warm welcoming and helpful :) I would definitely stay there again :)

• 29th May 2015

Loved the stay. I don't really like hostels in general, but this is about a comfortable and friendly as you can get. Location is amazing. Val, who runs the joint, is the nicest person you'll probably meet in Nice (no pun intended). He will look after you and your belongings, and make sure to point you in the right direction for all the cool sites. Stay at this place!

• 28th May 2015

Val, (staff who runs it), is a SWEETHEART! He goes out of his way to be available to help you & makes your stay all the more fun. When I was there he organized a potluck to raise money for a traveler who had been robbed of all her cash. He then initiated a karaoke bar night, it brought everyone together. I rate 110% for Location, homie-ness & atmosphere. The kitchen is cozy! Its not a luxurious place, theres no AC. Tiny washrooms. There's a CAT! But it's so clean, i had no allergies. Worth it!!

Perfectly located hostel with fantastic staff/management who were very helpful and knowledgable. Small and sociable place. Easily found on a pleasant amble from the train station. The place could do with better lockers in the rooms in my opinion, otherwise the facilities were very good. Happily recommend this place.

This hostel was amazing. The hostel itself was a little small, but the atmosphere was incredible. So easy to meet people as a solo traveler, and Vladamir is so helpful and just a good soul. In my opinion the best hostel in Nice, met a lot of wonderful people. Will be back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4