Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

The atmosphere on Victoria House is by far the best atmosphere ever. The staff are fantastic and absolutely everyone there is like one big family. I was sad to be leaving so soon!

• 19th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great staff- funny and friendly. Pretty close to the beach, so the location is great! The actual hostel is a little shabby but it's kept up well. Would stay again if I return to Nice.

• 18th May 2015

I was really glad to have chosen the Victorian House for my stay in Nice. Val puts in a lot of effort to ensure that the hostel has a fantastic social atmosphere. He's also one of the best hostel owners I've ever met - always joking around and willing to help you with anything. Locatuon is also great - in the centre of all the main attractions. This place is also really great for solo travelers as you get to meet and mingle with almost everyone else who's also staying in the hostel.

• 17th May 2015

Great location and wonderful social atmosphere. Had so much fun meeting fellow travelers and hanging out with Valerio and the cat, Victor!

The hostel was good. A good way to meet people as most of the travelers were solo. Many of the people in the hostel were actually living there and in the process of looking for jobs but they were nice. The hostel was very safe and in a great location close to pretty much everything!

Could not imagine a better location for a hostel in Nice. Right off the cental square, 2 blocks from the beach, and within an easy walk to the train station. Val who runs the place makes you feel at home and it was easy to meet fellow travelers. Would highly recommend for anyone who is visiting Nice.

Yes, the beds are shaky and the bathrooms small, but this hostel is amazing! I had a wonderful stay and loved every minute of it. The hostel is wonderully well located (close to the old part of town, the beach, supermarkets, shops and restaurants). It's a great place to make friends and everyone is respectful of each other. The wonderful staff (hey Lisa!) is always there to give you tips or help you get around. I had an amazing experience at Victoria House, would totally recommend.

Such nice people and good atmosphere!

Very friendly sincerely helpful staff, did all could to make sure had a good stay in Nice not just as guest in hostel - let us borrow beach towels even after had already checked out to return when came back to retrieve our luggage, wanted to make sure knew way around town and see the best sights, etc. Good location, free coffee and tea, free towels. Really only downside was tiny, rather cramped bathroom for room of 6 people. Cute, good place to stay to get authentic French apt experience.

Had an amazing stay!! Rooms are big and light, with their own bathrms, showers and even a kitchenette. Good atmosphere for those that want to meet other travellers. Excellent location near old town and the beach. What was best was the staff! Lisa showed us the hugights as soon as we arrived, have us towels and made sure we were comfortable, she even went out of her way to post my credit card which I stupidly left behind! She is awesome!! Thank you

Amazing location, just a ten minute walk from the train station, a minute away from the main square, less than 5 from the beach, there is no better location in Nice! Facilities are great, kept nice and clean, showers are hot, and the atmosphere is great for meeting other young people and having a great time!

I loved Valerio! I was never recibed in a hostel (or a hotel) the was I was received by Valerio, he was really attentive, smiling all the time, just a very happy person, great vibe! the common room is a great place to meet people if you are traveling alone, thanks for everything Victoria Hostel! 😊 😘

Very good hostel and it is definitely one of the best hostels I stayed so far. Excellent Location and extremely friendly staff(actually only one:)) and gives the super helpful information on the travelling. If there is a window in the bathroom, it will be much better.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • China

Had a really good stay! Loved the way Val briefed me about the whole place and made me comfortable. Very helpful! It was great to see the smiling faces around!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • India

One of best hostel in Nice, cozy and friendly place where always full of laugh, also the best hostel cat" Victor", it companies while your stay.if you look for night life, plenty of roommates will be your best friends.

Had a good stay here. Nice staff (thanks victorio), good beds. Generally quiet during the night. Kitchen & bathrooms are a bit shabby, but clean & they work fine. Short walk to the center but none of the mess. Would recommend!

• 17th Apr 2015

I had a fantastic stay at Victoria House Hostel. Great atmosphere and the location couldn't be better. Thank you!

Really enjoyed the location, but otherwise there wasn't too much special about this hostel.

This is my second stay at this hostel and I'd stay again. Val is so welcoming and helpful. The location is great with the Nice bikes and a gorgeous bakery less than a min's walk. Great atmosphere here with everyone chilling out in the common room/kitchen. Spacious dorms ensuite with loads of storage space.

Fantastic place!! I really don't give ratings like this very often. Very easy to meet people, right in the middle of old town. A perfect hostel and the staff was phenomenal!! I also love the cat. I would strongly strongly recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3