Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Nice staff, clean over all, they have a cat which is cute but might be off putting to some (allergies etc) but I found it to be a charming touch. Beds were a little flimsy and squeaky, bathroom was tiny but functional enough. Great walk out balcony from our room. Overall a pleasant stay!

• 7th Oct 2014

Fantastic stay!

• 30th Sep 2014

Had a wonderful stay here. Val is great! Even though there isn't a "chill out room" a lot of people end up hanging out in the kitchen. Location is really close to the old town which has nice restaurants, shops and nightlife. Also really close to the beach. Bathroom and bedroom was a bit tight but overall I really enjoyed this hostel!!!

Could not be better located. Right off the main place Massena, and 5 minutes walk to the beach. That is the hostel's best feature. The rooms are ok, with ensuite bathrooms which is nice. There are no appropriate lockers for your personal belongings, but the hostel itself feels safe so that was not too much of an issue. Valerio, the guy who runs the place, is great. Good atmosphere, but perhaps a bit noisy if you're looking to sleep instead of party.

Very friendly hostel, great location, great services.

Lovely place, located right in the centre of Nice. The guy at the reception (I feel bad that I never asked his name) was very helpful. Suggested places to see in Nice and most of all helped us book our bus to Marseille (trains were not running the day we were travelling and his help with the bus booking was critical). Would definitely recommend staying here to anyone who is visiting the beautiful city of Nice

The location is excellent. The beach and old town are within 5 mins. The train station is about a 20 min walk. The hostel itself could use some updating. Tiny bathroom, a little moldy, the floor is wet after every shower. The kitchen is small but good. That's really the only common area. A little hard to meet people, but can't beat the location. Free beach towels, easy to do day trips. Nice guy running the hostel.

Awesome hostel! The staff where awesome (including victor), atmosphere was one of the best I've ever stayed at =]

Good place to stay...staff was great! Bathrooms could really use an update and maybe some ceiling fans to circulate air in the summer with no a/c. Small floor fan really didn't do much.

Below average hostel. Bad: Tiny rooms where there isn't even a place to put a suitcase. Bathroom is so tiny you can't sit on a toilet with the door closed! Bad shaky make shift bunk beds which I thought would collapse at any point. No air conditioning - extremely hot! Nowhere to meet people other than in a small kitchen or corridor. Good: Central location and helpful staff.

Had a great night here and will be back again! The staff were informative and really helpful! The ensuites are small but it is in a great location so it makes up for it in our eyes

I didn't like security, because: a) nobody asked my passport to check if I was really the person who had a reservation and to make a record of my stay there; b) and mainly because it seemed to me that after 10 p.m. there was nobody responsible for the hostel staying there, as the reception was open from 9 a.m. through 10 p.m. only. I didn't feel safe. Good atmosthere only to the ones in their early 20's, at least on August. I'm 36-didn't feel like interacting with the other mates, much younger.

A home away from home! The only hostel I've ever been in where the guests and staff become one big family. I'll be coming back

Best stay ever!!! Had the greatest time and the staff were.... Amaasaazing!!! Victor especially!!! I wanna go back now! I didn't want to leave, they made you feel so welcome and showed you how to experience nice like you should. Two thumbs up :) val.... You're the man

• 18th Aug 2014

I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm and it was good, the room was not small, has a sink in but the shower and toilet were next door. The room has an AC. Not far from the railway station, there's a kitchen and terrace. I felt quite comfortable during my stay there.

The staff are amazing and very helpful. The private bathroom is very small. We only stayed for one night so I have no faults.

Really recommend!! Had an awesome time there! Location is perfect and staff really friendly!

• 9th Aug 2014

My friend and I shared the double room and the beds were really good! The room looked like a studio but the 'kitchen' area is really small so I don't think anyone could really use it. The bathroom was also pretty small. Other than that, the host was super attencious!

• 6th Aug 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, chose to stay here because it was the cheapest option in nice. There is no a/c or safe. Bathroom is very small and the fan wasn't working which makes the room smell a bit mouldy. But the beds we Comfertable and you couldn't get a better location. The staff are very friendly and were very helpful! Over decent place to stay if you intend just to sleep there.

Had a great time at Victoria House Hostel. Val was great, encouraging everyone to hang out. Victor should get a pay increase, he definitely made the hostel feel like home. Our shower flooded the bathroom every time we used it and the common room was definitely too small considering the number of people who want to hang out in it. That being said, I'm sorry our stay was so short and I would definitely stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4