Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Best stay ever!!! Had the greatest time and the staff were.... Amaasaazing!!! Victor especially!!! I wanna go back now! I didn't want to leave, they made you feel so welcome and showed you how to experience nice like you should. Two thumbs up :) val.... You're the man

• 18th Aug 2014

I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm and it was good, the room was not small, has a sink in but the shower and toilet were next door. The room has an AC. Not far from the railway station, there's a kitchen and terrace. I felt quite comfortable during my stay there.

The staff are amazing and very helpful. The private bathroom is very small. We only stayed for one night so I have no faults.

Really recommend!! Had an awesome time there! Location is perfect and staff really friendly!

• 9th Aug 2014

My friend and I shared the double room and the beds were really good! The room looked like a studio but the 'kitchen' area is really small so I don't think anyone could really use it. The bathroom was also pretty small. Other than that, the host was super attencious!

Stayed here for 4 nights, chose to stay here because it was the cheapest option in nice. There is no a/c or safe. Bathroom is very small and the fan wasn't working which makes the room smell a bit mouldy. But the beds we Comfertable and you couldn't get a better location. The staff are very friendly and were very helpful! Over decent place to stay if you intend just to sleep there.

Had a great time at Victoria House Hostel. Val was great, encouraging everyone to hang out. Victor should get a pay increase, he definitely made the hostel feel like home. Our shower flooded the bathroom every time we used it and the common room was definitely too small considering the number of people who want to hang out in it. That being said, I'm sorry our stay was so short and I would definitely stay here again!

I've stayed in the Victoria House for 3 night and I have to say it was amazing. Valerio is so helpful and make me feel so welcome since the first day!! Very comfy beds. Free shower towels and beach towels. Location was great. I will highly recommend this hostel if you are plannig to travel to Nice by your own. People there is sooo friendly and have this young/cool vibe!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

We stayed at the Victoria House for four nights. Valerio was a very nice and helpful host, the rooms are clean (but could use a little of renovtion work here and there) and the hostel is well located to reach the most interesting places of Nice by foot. We would absolutely recommend this venue to everybody who needs a room to spend the nights in - also, if you're travelling alone - this place is great to meet new people (of course it depends a little on the other guests in the hostel).

Plus: Great central location for explorations of the old city and for going to the beach, friendly and helpful staff. Minus: Furnishings such as beds, mattresses, lockers, etc. are at best average and range from low-quality to run-down. Room interiors would benefit from renovation. There is only one usable power outlet per room. All spaces including bathrooms are rather cramped. No breakfast. No computer terminals for internet access, however WiFi is available gratuit.

There is a cat at this hostel. Even so, our allergies and asthma were not affected. Staff was very laid back and this hostel has a younger vibe. Very comfy beds. Free shower towels and beach towels. Location was great. Shower could use some updating.

It was a really nice hostel, and we felt like at home. 2 min from Place Massena, and everything you need inside the hostel. Thanks for everything Valentino, hope to see you soon!

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling by themselves, its a smaller hostel that makes it really easy to make friends. Great staff and atmosephere, Nice is expensive in general so you won't find much anything much better for less money.

Very nice hostel in the very nice city! Location is excellent. Old city area, bus stops to Cannes, Monaco and airport are all in walking distance. The staff/manager/king of the house or whatever he called himself is really nice and helpful (handsome too, girls! ;p). I definitely will come back!

Amazingly nice staff. Perfect location in the center of nice. Rooms could have AC though and a bigger commonroom.

Friendly staff.

The location was fairly close to main attractions, the owner/staff was very friendly and welcoming, and provided maps and local recommendations. The pub crawl was very fun and made it easier to make friends, some of whom I'm still in touch with. The walking tour is also a good recommendation for tourists.

• 11th Jul 2014

I was very happy with my stay there, the staff super helpful and friendly and the people there were awesome.

• 10th Jul 2014

This was a great place to stay and the staff was extremely helpful!!

really nice!