Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Great staff, really helpful and welcoming. They also worked hard to create a good atmosphere. Very convenminet location for the old town

Big thanks for a great time!

Val was awesome. I would recommend this hostel to everyone. Especially those wanting a more personal experience. The best hostel I've stayed in to date.

• 30th Mar 2015

Really good hostel! Great vibe, the kitchen is better for Meeting People than every commom room in usual hostels. Val is an awesome host! He helps you with everything and tries to involve everyone into the hostel family! Best atmosphere :) Really enjoyed staying there!

The Italian host is super cool! Very social place, family atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again for the helpfulness and friendliness of staff alone!

That is a really nice place ~ The staff is friendly and helpful, and location is also good as well! Nice place to recommend!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • China

it was a little loud for my taste, but that made it easy to meet people

Awesome location, Val and Victor make you feel very welcome and the place is very homely. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to meet people and see the area. Barely a 5-10 minute walk to the beach and all the best parts of the city and old town. Insider tip: Bring wine, cheese and cured meats and you will have a lot of new friends in no time at all.

This has been my favorite hostel I have stayed in. Val is awesome and helps with everything. Amazing atmosphere and really easy to meet other travelers. So fun and well worth it.

Had a great stay at Victoria, fun atmosphere and awesome employees. Val is the man.

The hostel is located just right to the city centre, which is very convenient for sightseeing. The staff was very kind and helpful and we had a great time staying here.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Although small, this hostel was probably the best I stayed in during my trip around Europe. I can imagine when it is full the place is buzzing. Such a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and of course the resident cat! Will definitely return! Thank you!

I would definitely come back here. Hot showers, free working wifi, it took my friend and I about 5-7 minutes to walk to the beach. We didn't take the bus to Monaco but we took the train and then also went to Menton and Ventimiglia. The atmosphere was great and Valerio is super helpful with telling you about things to do and places to go in the area. I definitely recommend it.

• 2nd Mar 2015

It's a student-friendly hostel and very nice to rest and have fun!! The (Italian) guy who has the hostel is cool and happy to help! I liked the kitchen which is a place to relax and meet other people! The building is a bit old but it's not a problem. The location is excellent as it's close to the main square, the sea and other places.

I had an absolutely wonderful stay at Victoria House. It has a wonderful, friendly atmosphere. Victor and Val do a great job.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Great place to stay, really close to the old town and beach and within 10 minutes walking or so from the main train station. It's in an older building, so the rooms / bathrooms are a bit old, but they're cleaned often. Val is a great manager and he helps you out with whatever you need. Social area is the kitchen and a long table, so you can meet other people in the hostel pretty easily. You can bring your own alcohol / wine, but there are quiet hours since the building is shared with apartments

Really good location. The hostel staff is amazing. The best atmosphere I've ever met in a hostel!

Val is an awesome host! Very sweet and funny and goes out of his way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. Had a really great time in Nice and I would love to come back and stay here again!

I had a great time at Victoria Hostel! It is right in the centre of town and a great place to stay!!! Cat was a nice touch, there is always something to do and people to meet! this is the best place to stay in NICE no matter who you are! Stay here! best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 18th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Great hostel to know people. The location is great, near to the beach by walking, but the hostel doesn't have breakfast, just free coffee and a kitcken. The roons have own bathroom and frigor.