Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Victoria house hostel is easily the best hostel I have stayed in during my travels through Europe. This was du to th combination of greagreat staff (Val was excellent!), value for money, cleanliness and good facilities. Each room had its own bathroom facilities and the hostel was cleaned daily. Val was the receptionist or the hostehostel but he was very relaxed and was happy to answer any questions about Nice! Thankyou or such a great and homely stay!

• 12th Sep 2015

Awesome stay at Victoria house ! Val is the man, really nice guy - even cooked me some goodbye pasta on the day I checked out. Would definitely stay here again.

Rooms are tiny and the bathroom is microscopic. However the location and the pricing are excellent. A special mention for Val who was very helpful with his tips on where to eat, how to get to places etc.

This is a great hostel, awesome location, cool and communal vibes and Val (the owner) is an absolute legend! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Nice.

Basic hotel in good location and very affordable. Small kitchen where you could make light meals and drinks. The place smelt like cat urine as there was a resident cat. It was ok for 1-2 nights.

The shower in my bedroom was not set, so the guy told us to take showers in the common bathroom. The problem was that the common area is only available from 9am to 10pm. Since I was leaving early I had to come back to the hostel before 10pm to take a shower. Also the kitchen was closed before 9am, so I could never use it for breakfast. Also the (presumable) cheap good bakery they advertise only opens at 9am. I could never try it.

ZERE is one of the staff and one of best trip advisors

We had the most amazing time at Victoria House! Great atmosphere. Val and Victor were very friendly and welcoming!

This hostel was amazing, the environment to meet people is incredible since it is small. I had a wonderful experience here and if I ever come back to Nice I would want to stay again!

This hostel is a very special place. It is a smaller hostel that only holds around 20-30 people, but thats what makes it so great. It has a very intimate environment and it was great for meeting the guests. By the third day I knew about everyone in the hostel by name. I can't say the same about other mega-hostels where you may meet only a handful of the other guests. VAL IS THE BEST HOST! Hands down, coolest guy ever and super knowledgable about the city. I would definitely come back here.

Such a great hostel, Val makes you feel right at home. It's small which makes it so easy to meet people.

Loved my time here! Everyone was friendly and respectful, the location was perfect and the beds were comfy. The cat was a nice surprise, too!

I highly doubt my trip to Nice would have been as great had I stayed anywhere else. You (and Victor) are incredibly welcoming and lovely to be around. The atmosphere you've created in that hostel has been one of the best I have experienced in my travels. I will most definitely be back again for a trip so be ready! -- and will be recommending to anyone I know who will be passing through Nice.

• 30th Aug 2015

This hostel is all about friendly staff, meeting other travellers and great location. The manager is friendly and really helpful making sure you are introduced to other travellers. The vibe of the hostel means you find yourself meeting everyone staying there and going out with them. I met an amazing group of people staying there which truly made Nice magical for me. Nice is a beautiful location and loads of fun. This hostel is right by it all.

Location can't be beat and wi-fi was quite good. Wish the bathroom was bigger but other than that, I was satisfied with everything.

It is not very clean. The bedroom has one very small bathroom that we could not even move inside there! No air condicioned and the situation of the beds were really poor ( old stuff ). I could not stay there. I needed to find another place to stay in the last minute. Even the price that they charge is not so cheap! If it was 10 euros by night I could understand but charging 38 euros under these conditions os not acceptable. In nice there are better places for this price.

Great little place. Quite cosy, and almost everyone I met was very friendly here. The prices are a bit steep for what you get, but that seems normal for all the hostels I could find on Nice. Amazing location, within a hundred or so metres of the main city square, it's surrounded by lots of food and shopping, right by a tram stop and a few minutes to the beach on foot.

The hostel is very well located but the triple dorm in which I stayed is showing quite a lot of wear and tear. Certain of the sockets were in a poor state of repair and the bathroom attached to the dorm was incredibly tight spacewise - hence average in some of the reviews. Due to arriving a night earlier than expected we had stayed in a hostel for 1 night in the city in a very similar location and at a similar price but the facilities were far better in the hostel used for night one

The city in itself is great, which helps the hostel quite a lot. I've met some great people there and the atmosphere is really good. Facilities could be better though. The bathroom is tiny and the shower in my dorm was broken, so we had to shower in the bathroom at the back of the office. Val is a very helpful guy and was a pleasure to meet him.

I had a very pleasant stay at the hostel. The staff were nice and eager to offer assistance and sightseeing advice. The rooms were clean and spacious. The location was great (10 minute walk to the beach) The ensuite in our room was out of order. The common shower was a little inconvenient to use (no shower curtain, so I had to be very careful with the aiming the shower head). I think I got a great value for my money here.