Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

So much fun! Val was hilarious and very accommodating for my friend and I! Made it up on the "wall of fame". Met so many fun people at this hostel! Very family orientated, we all met in the common room every night and went out! Cant wait to come back to see Val and Victor!

Fantastic time, great atmosphere, big thanks to Val!

• 2nd Jun 2014

The location of the hostel is undoubtedly good for its proximity to the Place Massena. And the guy who runs the hostel give you information about the city and excursions in the surrounding area. But the bathroom in the room was really small, and not having windows had to leave the door open to dry the moisture. Two of the six beds were right across from the bathroom and then leave the door open was not the greatest.

• 1st Jun 2014

The guy that runs this place (Val) is just great. I was really ill when I stayed here and he was very helpful and checked in on me when it was obvious that I was much better. The hostel is a little run down but it had a good feel about it and I really enjoyed the hostel cat Victor. I wod dedinity stay again.

The hostel itself was very clean-average facilities. However the manager- Val- is who really made our stay at Victoria house amazing. He is far more than the average hostel manager as he makes a huge effort to make you feel like you're part of a community (no matter how short lived the community may be with travelers going in and out every day). He always treated us with a smile and each night organized fun activities for us. I would definitely stay here again!

Very nice hostel and environment. Also Valerio is a helpful person.

Fantastic place. Really close to everything that's happening in Nice. Val is really helpful, and Victor the cat is adorable. Hostel is clean, and is clearly aimed at the 18-28 crowd. Glad I stayed here, and hope to get back again.

• 24th May 2014

Great hostel, very central location, clean, friendly staff. Recommended.

• 19th May 2014

Bathroom is a bit small and hard to move around in but that is my only complaint. Rooms were clean. Wifi worked. Val is pretty awesome and really wants you to have a good time. Very easy to meet other travelers at this hostel.

Had a wonderful stay here. Val is a cool and friendly host. Will love to visit Nice again and will definitely be staying at the hostel next time.

• 12th May 2014
  • Singapore

Nice place over all! Owner really helpful and friendly. Very small bathroom (ensuite). What I missed were maybe some more pots and pans of a bit smaller size in the kitchen. Also a negative thing for us waking up early in the mornings was that kitchen was locked until 09 in the morning. Over all a good place with perfect location!

Thank you so much for everything! You are warmly welcome in Budapest! Peter Javorkai

Loved this place, wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Heard there was a better hostel nearby with free breakfast and a gym and slightly cheaper. This hostel has a tiny bathroom but nice friendly people

The first night in Victoria House, I felt cold and asked for one more blanket. There's only one sheet, we don't know that's for blanket or the bed. Besides that, everything's great. Good location. Nice staff! A guy who speaks Spanish is very friendly.

The hostel was super cool. It was nice and cozy, as there are not many rooms. The kitchen was a great place to hang out and interact with other visitors. Val was awesome. He was easy going, funny and a lot of fun to hang out with.

• 24th Apr 2014

My friend and I both really enjoyed our stay here!! Val was so friendly, and so welcoming when we got to Nice! They have multiple keys to get in, which makes you feel safe. The location was also amazing because it was so close to the main square and the beach! Val also went out with a lot of the other students staying in the hostel to a karaoke bar one night which was super fun! Great stay overall! Thanks for everything! -Kaitlyn

• 22nd Apr 2014

Lovely hostel. The manager Val is very helpful and friendly.

Staff is great and place was very comfortable. Also it's in a great location.

It was very welcoming and amazing to stay there, even though its a very small property- we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!