Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Val, (staff who runs it), is a SWEETHEART! He goes out of his way to be available to help you & makes your stay all the more fun. When I was there he organized a potluck to raise money for a traveler who had been robbed of all her cash. He then initiated a karaoke bar night, it brought everyone together. I rate 110% for Location, homie-ness & atmosphere. The kitchen is cozy! Its not a luxurious place, theres no AC. Tiny washrooms. There's a CAT! But it's so clean, i had no allergies. Worth it!!

Perfectly located hostel with fantastic staff/management who were very helpful and knowledgable. Small and sociable place. Easily found on a pleasant amble from the train station. The place could do with better lockers in the rooms in my opinion, otherwise the facilities were very good. Happily recommend this place.

This hostel was amazing. The hostel itself was a little small, but the atmosphere was incredible. So easy to meet people as a solo traveler, and Vladamir is so helpful and just a good soul. In my opinion the best hostel in Nice, met a lot of wonderful people. Will be back!

Val is a great host and this is a great hostel! Would recommend to anyone!

very tiny bathroom , inconvenient

Val was a terrific Host. He was super chill and helpful with showing us the interesting points in Nice. First thing he did when we arrived was show us a map of everywhere good to go. Overall, excellent hostel.

The atmosphere on Victoria House is by far the best atmosphere ever. The staff are fantastic and absolutely everyone there is like one big family. I was sad to be leaving so soon!

Great staff- funny and friendly. Pretty close to the beach, so the location is great! The actual hostel is a little shabby but it's kept up well. Would stay again if I return to Nice.

I was really glad to have chosen the Victorian House for my stay in Nice. Val puts in a lot of effort to ensure that the hostel has a fantastic social atmosphere. He's also one of the best hostel owners I've ever met - always joking around and willing to help you with anything. Locatuon is also great - in the centre of all the main attractions. This place is also really great for solo travelers as you get to meet and mingle with almost everyone else who's also staying in the hostel.

• 17th May 2015

Picked the place on a whim and loved it! All the people staying at the hostel were amazig people, made lots of friends, close to the beach and oldtown to go for drinks or markets during the day. Beds were not amazing but were coozy enough to help after some drinks in the morning. I would definetly stay there again!

Great location and wonderful social atmosphere. Had so much fun meeting fellow travelers and hanging out with Valerio and the cat, Victor!

FYI a cat lives at the hostel. I'm okay with cats, but for someone who has allergies it might be a problem as it has free reign to wander the hostel

The hostel was good. A good way to meet people as most of the travelers were solo. Many of the people in the hostel were actually living there and in the process of looking for jobs but they were nice. The hostel was very safe and in a great location close to pretty much everything!

Could not imagine a better location for a hostel in Nice. Right off the cental square, 2 blocks from the beach, and within an easy walk to the train station. Val who runs the place makes you feel at home and it was easy to meet fellow travelers. Would highly recommend for anyone who is visiting Nice.

Yes, the beds are shaky and the bathrooms small, but this hostel is amazing! I had a wonderful stay and loved every minute of it. The hostel is wonderully well located (close to the old part of town, the beach, supermarkets, shops and restaurants). It's a great place to make friends and everyone is respectful of each other. The wonderful staff (hey Lisa!) is always there to give you tips or help you get around. I had an amazing experience at Victoria House, would totally recommend.

Such nice people and good atmosphere!

Very friendly sincerely helpful staff, did all could to make sure had a good stay in Nice not just as guest in hostel - let us borrow beach towels even after had already checked out to return when came back to retrieve our luggage, wanted to make sure knew way around town and see the best sights, etc. Good location, free coffee and tea, free towels. Really only downside was tiny, rather cramped bathroom for room of 6 people. Cute, good place to stay to get authentic French apt experience.

Had an amazing stay!! Rooms are big and light, with their own bathrms, showers and even a kitchenette. Good atmosphere for those that want to meet other travellers. Excellent location near old town and the beach. What was best was the staff! Lisa showed us the hugights as soon as we arrived, have us towels and made sure we were comfortable, she even went out of her way to post my credit card which I stupidly left behind! She is awesome!! Thank you

Amazing location, just a ten minute walk from the train station, a minute away from the main square, less than 5 from the beach, there is no better location in Nice! Facilities are great, kept nice and clean, showers are hot, and the atmosphere is great for meeting other young people and having a great time!

I loved Valerio! I was never recibed in a hostel (or a hotel) the was I was received by Valerio, he was really attentive, smiling all the time, just a very happy person, great vibe! the common room is a great place to meet people if you are traveling alone, thanks for everything Victoria Hostel! 😊 😘