Victoria House Hostel Reviews

6 Rue Docteur Jacques Guidoni, Nice, France

Very friendly sincerely helpful staff, did all could to make sure had a good stay in Nice not just as guest in hostel - let us borrow beach towels even after had already checked out to return when came back to retrieve our luggage, wanted to make sure knew way around town and see the best sights, etc. Good location, free coffee and tea, free towels. Really only downside was tiny, rather cramped bathroom for room of 6 people. Cute, good place to stay to get authentic French apt experience.

Had an amazing stay!! Rooms are big and light, with their own bathrms, showers and even a kitchenette. Good atmosphere for those that want to meet other travellers. Excellent location near old town and the beach. What was best was the staff! Lisa showed us the hugights as soon as we arrived, have us towels and made sure we were comfortable, she even went out of her way to post my credit card which I stupidly left behind! She is awesome!! Thank you

Amazing location, just a ten minute walk from the train station, a minute away from the main square, less than 5 from the beach, there is no better location in Nice! Facilities are great, kept nice and clean, showers are hot, and the atmosphere is great for meeting other young people and having a great time!

I loved Valerio! I was never recibed in a hostel (or a hotel) the was I was received by Valerio, he was really attentive, smiling all the time, just a very happy person, great vibe! the common room is a great place to meet people if you are traveling alone, thanks for everything Victoria Hostel! 😊 😘

Very good hostel and it is definitely one of the best hostels I stayed so far. Excellent Location and extremely friendly staff(actually only one:)) and gives the super helpful information on the travelling. If there is a window in the bathroom, it will be much better.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • China

Had a really good stay! Loved the way Val briefed me about the whole place and made me comfortable. Very helpful! It was great to see the smiling faces around!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • India

One of best hostel in Nice, cozy and friendly place where always full of laugh, also the best hostel cat" Victor", it companies while your stay.if you look for night life, plenty of roommates will be your best friends.

Had a good stay here. Nice staff (thanks victorio), good beds. Generally quiet during the night. Kitchen & bathrooms are a bit shabby, but clean & they work fine. Short walk to the center but none of the mess. Would recommend!

• 17th Apr 2015

I had a fantastic stay at Victoria House Hostel. Great atmosphere and the location couldn't be better. Thank you!

Really enjoyed the location, but otherwise there wasn't too much special about this hostel.

This is my second stay at this hostel and I'd stay again. Val is so welcoming and helpful. The location is great with the Nice bikes and a gorgeous bakery less than a min's walk. Great atmosphere here with everyone chilling out in the common room/kitchen. Spacious dorms ensuite with loads of storage space.

Fantastic place!! I really don't give ratings like this very often. Very easy to meet people, right in the middle of old town. A perfect hostel and the staff was phenomenal!! I also love the cat. I would strongly strongly recommend this hostel.

Great staff, really helpful and welcoming. They also worked hard to create a good atmosphere. Very convenminet location for the old town

Big thanks for a great time!

Val was awesome. I would recommend this hostel to everyone. Especially those wanting a more personal experience. The best hostel I've stayed in to date.

• 30th Mar 2015

Really good hostel! Great vibe, the kitchen is better for Meeting People than every commom room in usual hostels. Val is an awesome host! He helps you with everything and tries to involve everyone into the hostel family! Best atmosphere :) Really enjoyed staying there!

The Italian host is super cool! Very social place, family atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again for the helpfulness and friendliness of staff alone!

That is a really nice place ~ The staff is friendly and helpful, and location is also good as well! Nice place to recommend!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • China

it was a little loud for my taste, but that made it easy to meet people

Awesome location, Val and Victor make you feel very welcome and the place is very homely. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to meet people and see the area. Barely a 5-10 minute walk to the beach and all the best parts of the city and old town. Insider tip: Bring wine, cheese and cured meats and you will have a lot of new friends in no time at all.