Vienna City Hostel Reviews

Dampfgasse 8, Vienna, Austria

It's a fine bed for the money. I was only staying for one night, and all I needed was a bed to sleep on. It was very a impersonal and nondescript stay.

We stayed in the 4-bed mixed dorm and the room was very very small and congested with not much ventilation. Not fun to be holed up there with the three other people.

the location is quite far from the city center, and the wifi in rooms is not working at all and have to go downstairs to use the Wifi. Staffs are not that friendly.

The hostel itself is very clean, the rooms have alot of space, the toilets and bathrooms in the rooms are very spacy and big which is great! I like that the hostel also has cheap prices and an all you can eat breakfast for some additional cost. The beds are also very comfortable! The best part about it is that it is only 2 minutes of walk away from the nearest subway station which means great connection for tourists. I will definitely recommend this hostel to my friends.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Wifi did not work in the rooms.. but you have sufficient place in the lounge to relax and wifi works there. Food wasn't impressive. I loved the staff at the reception, very patient and to the point.

Great hostel! Bathrooms in each room and spacious rooms. Also has lockers, and a breakfast buffet for €4.90. Loved staying!

Very nice rooms and feels much like a hotel. Nice breakfast for only €5. The staff is really nice and helpful. It's a bit out of the way from the inner city but only five minutes away from the nearest U-Bahn station. Great price for a very nice hostel!

• 6th Feb 2015

There was lack of fresh air in toilet and bathroom. But the rest are good. Vielen Dank für alles:)

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Iran

Nice hostel! A little bit out of the way, but wasn't too hard to find! Would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Definitely a cool place to stay in Vienna if you are looking for a low-budget solution while getting perfect accommodation.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Wifi was really really bad. And the staff needs to be more friendly and helping. Just an average place to be in. room size is also too small.

Good hostel, great location. My only issue was our sheet sets- they were sealed in plastic wrap to appear "fresh", but both my and my partner's sheets had what looked like dirt smears on them.. No idea what t actually was. Apart from that, can't complain :)

A good place to stay for a while, but not for a long time. Nice and clean, liked the service - really helpful.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

The hostel is close to the subway and relatively cheap; the room was clean and there was a bathroom and the toilet on the room. The staff was helpful. But there is no kitchen or cooking area in the hostel and because of the fire alarms, you can't use deodorants or other sprays in the room (cooking of course is also forbidden - we had a boiling kettle with us to make coffee/tea, but because of the rules we couldn't use it). Also the atmosphere could be better.

Very nice hostel. The first night we stayed the room wasn't bad. The second night the room we had was clean but the blankets and pillows need to be washed and replaced.