Vienna City Hostel Reviews

Dampfgasse 8, Vienna, Austria

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I found a bed bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

I had a fine experience with Vienna City Hostel. The directions to get there were really confusing, so I ended up walking around for a while before I found it. I also didn't love the location. It could have just been when I was there, but there were a lot of guys hanging around the hostel and I didn't see any girls. Not that that's an issue, but as a solo female traveler I just didn't love the vibe. Nothing wrong with the hostel, I just probably wouldn't stay there again.

A good clean hostel, with friendly staff.

bathrooms in every room and decent value but nothing survival, with the stay for short period

We were only here for one night and it was fine for our stay. Slightly out of city centre and away from train station but easy to get to on he underground. Room was very cramped for a six bed, luckily there was only four people in ours that might otherwise I don't know where we would have had space to put all of our luggage. Staff were friendly and helpful and hostel was clean. Only slight downside was wifi only worked on the ground floor. But overall a good stay.

The room was not cleaned once during my stay and was dirty on arrival, full of previous guests trash. At the moment their are a lot of migrants at this hostel, which is understandable, however there were some non-guest migrants trying to get into rooms at night despite the best efforts of the staff. Vienna is a great city but this area is quite an uncomfortable one to stay in at night.

Rude staff and lacked in atmosphere

Vienna city hostel weren't very cleans the rooms the location wasn't good except because it wasn't far away from the train station but it takes 30 minutes on foot to get the city center.We asked for boardgames,cards,...they didn't have too much to offer the staff wasn't helpfull so much and the breakfast was quite poor under my opinion.Neertheless the worst point it was that the atmosphere from this hostel and commun areas weren't quite good.

Beds were very comfortable and there were lockers in the room which was great. But there was no atmosphere because the place is so big, the common room feels like a school canteen. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms and it is not in a good location at all. You can't walk into town but you can get the tube which is easy so if you are on a budget this isn't the worst place to stay. Probably just wouldn't recommend it for solo travellers.

The room I stayed in was incredibly small (a 6 person mixed dorm, although rented to females only), so people's luggage took up most of the floor space. And it was hard for me to find - if you're walking to the hostel from the subway (Keplerplatz), make a left (head west) on Raaber-Bahn-Gasse, which will eventually turn into Dampfgasse. You need your own soap to wash your hands in the bathrooms, which is why they sell it at the reception desk, just fyi.

Nice hostel located very close to the main train station. The wifi only worked in the communal areas where there was not a great atmosphere (for the nights that I was there). The rooms were very cramped.

Not in the best location however public transport is really good. Lacks in atmosphere. Good for a night sleep though. There isnt a great variety of choice in Vienna so I would stay here again.

Nice clean 6 bed dorm with separate en-suite shower room and wc. Location was convenient to get to and from the Hauptbahnhof - either by u-bahn or a ten minute walk. Quite commercial and big school groups, but we had the room to ourselves the first night and a nice Austrian couple the next night, no party animals!

More like a hotel than a hostel. Was nice and clean and had comfy beds, staff were quite nice. Had washing facilities which was handy aswell. But the rooms were so hot and the whole place in general, even with the window open. There was kind of a common room but was more like a hotel lobby, had to keep noise down. No sense of meeting people etc.

The hostel was close to the metro which was good and the beds were decent, other than that it was pretty underwhelming. It was incredibly hot in the rooms, the WiFi was mediocre and you had to be in the lobby, and they had no sheets one nightnight due to some delivery issue. For the price though I guess it's an olay place to stay.

Wi-Fi works only in the common room, no place to store your suitcase in the room

The hostel is a bit further away from the centre, but getting around with the metro in Vienna is easy and cheap - so no minus here. The wifi didn't work in the dorm room, there is no aircon. Besides that it is a nice hostel to stay at. It is quiet and clean.

Only stayed one night but didn't think it was the easiest place to find with the directions at night. Staff took the time to finish their conversation before acknowledging us but then were helpful. Room was so unbelievably warm we could not sleep even with the window open. Common room didn't seem to have much going on but the hostel was clean.

Everything was good, staff , rooms , bathrooms .. Enjoyed the stay. The only problem was at 1 am the music in the main hall was too laud .. So its not good for people who need sleep earlier beacuse they need to departure in early morning like i had to!

Receptionist were just rude, really small rooms, im not so big guy but time to time i had problems moving to bathroom etc.. me and my friends bought padlocks from receptionist when we arrived and afterwards we realised that all the padlocks can be used by same key(even with ppl who allready had bought locks from the recept.) and that was kinda weird. only + that i can say about this place is the location, its just 5min walk from train and its next to metro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3