Vienna City Hostel Reviews

Dampfgasse 8, Vienna, Austria

There's a metro near the hostel, and many restaurants around. The staff are nice. Breakfast not included but you can pay about 4.9€ for breakfast.

The staff was unfriendly. She cleaned and arrange the tables in a bad tempered--it happend when a group of guests finished their breakast. It was annoying to see such thing during our breakfast

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

there is not enough power socket in the rooms. And the internet connection is not good. atmosphere wasn't good and i didn't like this hostel so much. the one thing i love about this hostel was my roommates.

It would be nice if they would add hand soap in the bathrooms, very weird it was not provided. And i paid for a 4 bedroom and was put in a 6 bedroom.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Everything was fine. U bahn station is 5 minutes walking distance. Most terrible thing is wifi is not available in the room. Only available in the lobby.

My stay in Vienna city hostel would have been perfect if only the rooms and the bathroom had been cleaned better

• 18th Dec 2015

Nice place, close to the main station, close to a metro station(easy to find)

To be honest, one of the best hostels I have been in. And the staff too.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I found a bed bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 27th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Ok value for the money

I had a fine experience with Vienna City Hostel. The directions to get there were really confusing, so I ended up walking around for a while before I found it. I also didn't love the location. It could have just been when I was there, but there were a lot of guys hanging around the hostel and I didn't see any girls. Not that that's an issue, but as a solo female traveler I just didn't love the vibe. Nothing wrong with the hostel, I just probably wouldn't stay there again.

A good clean hostel, with friendly staff.

bathrooms in every room and decent value but nothing survival, with the stay for short period

We were only here for one night and it was fine for our stay. Slightly out of city centre and away from train station but easy to get to on he underground. Room was very cramped for a six bed, luckily there was only four people in ours that might otherwise I don't know where we would have had space to put all of our luggage. Staff were friendly and helpful and hostel was clean. Only slight downside was wifi only worked on the ground floor. But overall a good stay.

The room was not cleaned once during my stay and was dirty on arrival, full of previous guests trash. At the moment their are a lot of migrants at this hostel, which is understandable, however there were some non-guest migrants trying to get into rooms at night despite the best efforts of the staff. Vienna is a great city but this area is quite an uncomfortable one to stay in at night.

Rude staff and lacked in atmosphere

Vienna city hostel weren't very cleans the rooms the location wasn't good except because it wasn't far away from the train station but it takes 30 minutes on foot to get the city center.We asked for boardgames,cards,...they didn't have too much to offer the staff wasn't helpfull so much and the breakfast was quite poor under my opinion.Neertheless the worst point it was that the atmosphere from this hostel and commun areas weren't quite good.

Beds were very comfortable and there were lockers in the room which was great. But there was no atmosphere because the place is so big, the common room feels like a school canteen. The wifi doesn't work in the rooms and it is not in a good location at all. You can't walk into town but you can get the tube which is easy so if you are on a budget this isn't the worst place to stay. Probably just wouldn't recommend it for solo travellers.

The room I stayed in was incredibly small (a 6 person mixed dorm, although rented to females only), so people's luggage took up most of the floor space. And it was hard for me to find - if you're walking to the hostel from the subway (Keplerplatz), make a left (head west) on Raaber-Bahn-Gasse, which will eventually turn into Dampfgasse. You need your own soap to wash your hands in the bathrooms, which is why they sell it at the reception desk, just fyi.

Nice hostel located very close to the main train station. The wifi only worked in the communal areas where there was not a great atmosphere (for the nights that I was there). The rooms were very cramped.