Vientiane Backpackers Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Norkeokoummarn Road, Ban Mixay, Vientiane, Laos

Don't stay here, it's very dirty and smelly and they had bed bugs in one room and didn't bother to exterminate properly, I was on a top bunk that rocked back and forth an asked several times to have it fixed but nothing was ever done

Breakfast included was good. Room, bathrooms

I was not too impressed to be honst, only one shower out of 4 locked and they were pretty dirty. The main issue was the AC broke and leaked everywhere but the dorm room was FULL of mosquitoes which attacked me in the night. I was looking forward to leaving but great people and social area.

there have only 2 toilets and 4 0r 5 bath rooms so it's not enough for people that rest at hostel. Toilets and bath rooms are very dirty.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Thailand

We enjoyed our stay here. Very friendly staff, are willing to help you with everything. Very nice breakfast included! Motorbikes and bicycles for rent. They also have (pretty fast) computers available! We would stay here again!

OK if you are on a tight budget, everything worked and the staff were helpfull and looked after my valuables while I was out

This hostel is located in the very strategic area, with lot of travel agent, money changer, small restaurant, book store... The staff is very informative and so helpful. You can book the bus and train ricket, and also you can rend bike and motorcycle...

Pros: great price, good location near the night markets and some great bakeries. Wifi always worked well. Cons: Bathrooms were quite dirty and the locks didn't work well, beds not particularly comfortable and the staff didn't really attempt to help make your stay in Vientiane special. Way too much smoking in the reception/computer area for my liking!

Definitely recommend this place: great, hot showers with strong water pressure; nice free breakfast; friendly, helpful staff; unbeatable prices; and a perfect location right in the center of the backpacker area.

Staff were very nice, a little bit dirty but for the price is good! Good location would stay again