Vientiane Backpackers Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Norkeokoummarn Road, Ban Mixay, Vientiane, Laos

The room was very nice and we enjoyed the privacy. The hostel seemed pretty quiet despite what we had heard about it having a vibrant social scene. Since we were there for only one night it wasn't too big of a deal, but it would have been nice. Overall, a great place to stay while in Vientiane.

When walking by I was hoping this would not be the one I was looking for, but unfortunately it was. It was the worst hostel experience ever, after many good ones.. I think you can do much better for the same price a bit further down the street. There were not enough toilets and showers for almost 50 people, and dorms were cramped and without any daylight. Also the commom room lacks any atmosphere. At miidnight the man behind the desk just put out the light without any notice.

This hostel has a great location, easy to walk everywhere and close to the big sights. When I first arrived, I had only a few problems because the staff couldn't speak English that well. It was difficult to ask for advice or to make sure I was doing the right thing. This was annoying- but turns out the English-speaking staff came on at night, so when I returned later at night it was easy to communicate which made the stay better. Rooms were fine, big, places to store luggage.

I was meant to stay here two nights but left after my first night. None the plug sockets in the room worked, I got badly bitten by mosquito during the night. Staff came in and out of the room at all times, and at one point were sorting out peoples washing on the floor in the middle of the room. Security wasn't great, and the staff were not at all helpful. average hostel for the money your paying.

It was average, met good people. The owner wasn't happy when we were a little bit loud playing card games.. he wanted us to leave and go to the bar. Lights out in the lobby at midnight. Other than that it was fine. A/C in the rooms are amaaaaazing !

Stayed only one night in the 12-bed dorm as we were planning on moving on from Vientiane, but staff kindly let us check in early after a 24 hour bus journey once beds were available. The free breakfast is basic but a nice addition. Hostel is quite new but the bunks still made some odd noises if you rolled over, plenty of space for everyone to lock up their stuff. We found our bus prices cheaper elsewhere but the overall atmosphere and stay was quite relaxed.

This is a great hostel, I would stay again. My only issue was Mosquitos in the dorm.

Great location, friendly staff, clean bathrooms. I will definitely stay here again.

Really clean air con dorm. Beds were a little hard but the pillows were perfect. Renting a moto from there was cheap and its right next to the river and lots of shops, bars, and restaurants. Would recommend.

It's a decent place that has a fairly good atmosphere. Breakfast is quite good and it's well located. The staff is odd...they are incredibly nice or incredibly rude. They also would just walk into our room at weird hours of the night, make a lot of noise doing God knows what and then leave suddenly. Nothing to rave or complain about, just average

The staff is very unfriendly. The owner came into our room every night, turnt the light on and didnt close the door after he left. A women, working at the hostel, came in our room looking for somethinge. We had to stop her looking into other peoples backpack and other belongings. The beds were really hard. There are no keys for the room. So verybody can walk into the room. Wouldnt stay there again. Its cheap and for a short stay in Vientiane ok, but wouldnt recomend the place!

The dorms and facilities were clean. Wifi was choppy in the bedrooms but ok in the communal area. There is access to computers, drinks and a locked storage space under the bunks. Staff were helpful and friendly. Each morning we had a free breakfast, which was basic but fine. Good value for money, good location. Easy access to food and bars, there is also bicycle and motorbike rental, which is good since there's not much to do in Vientiane. Bus tickets are also available.

Good location. Nice staff. i stayed on the third floor and toilets were on the first floor so that was a pain. Not the nicest or cleanest hostel!!

The owners were very kind and helpful - great value for money with a good breakfast included. Excellent shower and a very clean room. Couldn't have asked for any more!

just so so. I tried to hang my clothes but nowhere. the 2nd floor is on decorating, no shampoo no body gel. But they accept payment by card,that's good!

Nice common area, good free breakfast. Drinks are available to buy but there is not free tea and coffee as it says on hostelworld. Not a lot of functioning power sockets.