Vientiane Backpackers Hostel Reviews

No. 13 Norkeokoummarn Road, Ban Mixay, Vientiane, Laos

Two toilets for about 30 beds is not enough.

I like this hostel. Its cosy, clean and friendly. Its also situated nicely on the edge of Vientiane's backpacker/ tourist area.The staff are helpful and knowledgable and their spoken English good. There's 24hr wifi and free use of some computers. There's an extensive tourist service offering flights, bus and train rides national and international.

Terrific location, just a few doors away from Le Benneton, Joma Bakery and Monuments Book Store (my favorite book store in Vientiane) and Mekong River. Clean room, good water pressure, helpful staff and breakfast provided. However, the internet was really poor during my stay. Even when I was at the lobby I had intermittent signal. I am sure it was not my phone’s problem, since I could detect wifi signal from neighbouring hostels also. Other than wifi issue, this hostel is great.

Vientiane in itself isnt that great a place but this hostel at least and the people who run it are. They're friendly and helpful and there at least a bit of an atmosphere

The room was very nice and we enjoyed the privacy. The hostel seemed pretty quiet despite what we had heard about it having a vibrant social scene. Since we were there for only one night it wasn't too big of a deal, but it would have been nice. Overall, a great place to stay while in Vientiane.

When walking by I was hoping this would not be the one I was looking for, but unfortunately it was. It was the worst hostel experience ever, after many good ones.. I think you can do much better for the same price a bit further down the street. There were not enough toilets and showers for almost 50 people, and dorms were cramped and without any daylight. Also the commom room lacks any atmosphere. At miidnight the man behind the desk just put out the light without any notice.

Pros: the location is close to everything and has extremely helpful staff. Cons: The beds were pretty hard but were alright for a quick stopover. Security is a bit of an issue because the big dorms were unlocked all the time. The ac doesn't really reach the far end of the big dorm either so the nights were a bit hot.

This hostel has a great location, easy to walk everywhere and close to the big sights. When I first arrived, I had only a few problems because the staff couldn't speak English that well. It was difficult to ask for advice or to make sure I was doing the right thing. This was annoying- but turns out the English-speaking staff came on at night, so when I returned later at night it was easy to communicate which made the stay better. Rooms were fine, big, places to store luggage.