Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Whilst hostel is brilliant for socialising and great choice in trips and things to do and near to lots of places in Hanoi, it's a very big party hostel. Every night people get drunk and dance on tables whilst people are still eating. Some staff were really pushy into booking castaway aka booze cruise. Others really helpfully in booking taxis and trips. 4 hour laundry service stopped before 6pm...

The best hostel I stayed in. Amazing atmosphere, great bar and great staff and free maps and printer use- Highly recommended!

The location is great, rooms and bathrooms are good and they organize a lot of activities. Downside: wifi didn't worked properly. Note: it's a party hostel. If that's not your thing, stay somewhere else. If it is, this is the place to be

I officially feel clean now I've left. Damp rooms, wet beds, bleached clothing and staff who don't care. If staff put as much effort into their customer care as their decorating skills this hostel would be great.

Altogether definitely a party hostel. If you want to get to sleep before 11:30pm every night, go somewhere else. If you want really dependable internet, go somewhere else. If you want to meet lots of other backpackers and party, go to Hanoi Backpackers Hostel.

I have now stayed here two times, so i think its safe to say I recommend it.

Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Each bed has its on littl lockable safe, bed lights and power outlet. Awesome bar down stairs and huge common room upstairs with a big screen tv, pool table and computers! Just a heads up that the tour desk is pretty pricey so shop around.

I think it's impossible to write anything bad about this hostel. This place has everything that you could ever want in a hostel. The staff speak great English and try to help wherever they can and it's a hub to meet all sorts of travelers. Make this your stay whilst in Hanoi

This hostel is great! Everyone is super friendly and helpful, the pub crawls led by the staff are always fun. The lounge area is awesome, and the restaurant makes tasty (if not a little pricy) food. The free breakfast in the morning is a little lack luster but totally adequate. It's never too loud because there are several doors that block sound on your way up to your room. I would definitely recommend this hostel! Even if you don't stay there, go there for the people and the party!

A hostel that really knows what backpackers are looking for ! Love the storage room for backpacks, nice breakfast and if you arrive in the morning you can use the showers and common areas! Thumbs up!

This is a really sociable and lively hostel in Hanoi, perfect if you want to party a lot or are a lone traveller. However I found the hostel to be a tad damp inside some of the dorms. Also be careful when booking tours as they often fail to give you the full information and some, such as Sapa, are overpriced. Still, it was one of the best hostels I have stayed in for a long time and the bar is packed every night.

Overall really good. Only negative was the terrible wifi.

I have told everyone ive met about this hostel, cannot speak any higher of it! Make sure to book the castaway tour but you have to book it through the hostel. Craziest 3 days of my life so worth the money. I will be back to work here one day!

Best hostel in Hanoi hands down. Rooms are great with 2 lockable storage units which fit all my stuff. Atmosphere is electric and staff are helpful in organising trips. Highly recommend

An awesome hostel to stay in when in Hanoi, it is definitely more of a party hostel so keep that in mind, as the music plays till pretty late at night. But as a solo traveler, it is a great place to meet loads of people! The facilities are really nice, bathrooms and showers are good, with hot water. And you cant get a better location than here.

if you want to party every night - OK. if not, sleep somewhere else. the breakfast was good though.

Booked a 6 beds dorm and there were 6 bunk beds! This is not honest, I felt scammed. And there is no need for this sort of thing, since the hostel is so big and always busy. it is the kind of place for those who want to drink until they die and nothing more.

We had a fantastic time here. Was only planning on 1 night and stayed for 4. Atmosphere is great and you'll meet so many people!! Make sure you book your castaway tour with this hostel, was the best time of our travels so far....absolutely amazing!! Great food, helpful staff and good location...couldn't fault them!

• 5th Mar 2015

Hey, Thank you for leaving us a review and taking the time to leave some feedback. We as a team are delighted to see that you ended up staying longer than you planned to, and went on to do our Castaway trip to Ha Long bay. We are happy to see you had a great time and that we could provide you with a good service. Hope to see you again in the future. Cheers, Downtown Manager

I have traveled to 40 countries and many more hostels. This is 1 of my top 3 hostels ever. Could maybe even be close to number 1. Should offer free ear plugs for ppl as ppl snore and something to dry hands with in bathrooms.

Hey, We are very happy to see that you had an awesome stay with us at our hostel. Thank you for taking the time and leaving us some feedback, especially about the bathrooms. It is something we will look to improve. Cheers, and hope the rest of the travels went well. Downtown Manager

One of the best Hostels I stayed so far. It is super easy to get in touch with people because you are already in the party. Nice and knowledged staff. Though a party is going on you hear nothing of it in he rooms. Cool and relaxed roof top! 10/10. Good food and drinks.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6