Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Awesome hostel. Great parties downstairs, quiet comfortable rooms upstairs

This hostel was awesome. They had a lovely bar on the first floor with cheap beer and delicious food. The party raged til midnight, but the rooms upstairs were so quiet! You couldn't even tell there were people partying on the first floor. The bathroom facilities were also wonderful. Plenty of shower stalls and toilets, and very clean.

Unfortunately we got the 12 bed dorm instead of our 6 bed dorm first. Wr went to the reception and after a while they told us that we get the boooked room at the next day. It would have been normal to give us a compensation like a free drink for the first night in the wrong room. The room was small but clean and everybody had a small and a big ahelf to lock personal stuff. The bathroom was ok. In the evening there was always music and people could buy drinks.

Excellent hostel. Great atmosphere to meet fellow travellers. The free walking tour was a highlight. Would definately stay again

The airport pick up will need reviewing, there is no piece of mind with scams. Drivers need something to stand themselves out that only the host driver and traveller know about. As names on paper is so easy to copy, as I was at the airport there were a few men with my name on paper, and none of them spoke English. Was luck that I went to the right driver after I made him show me his booking.

Absolutely LOVED this place! amazing, friendly and helpful staff, comfy beds, clean rooms, spacious lockers, great free breakfasts and loved the tv/pool/hangout room! Please do yourself a favour and stay here - it made my time in Hanoi so so enjoyable - I can guarantee you will not be disappointed :)

I hope people read the reviews because this place is amazing, it literally made my stay in Hanoi one of the best experiences in Vietnam. Met so many amazing people and the staff were unreal; friendly, helpful and always up to party. Had the best time at the bar downstairs, didn't even have to leave the hostel to have a blast. if you're looking for a sign of a place to stay, THIS IS IT. Cheers to backpackers hostel you guys are unreal!

Hey thanks for your great review of our hostel and our staff, really pleased you had such an awesome time, enjoy the rest of your trip! VBH Crew Manager

Didn't feel like a valued guest. The staff at the front were not so welcoming.

Hey I would be pleased to hear further comments from you if you wouldn't mind taking the time as we are always looking to improve our services and this is one area that we pride ourselves on. Cheers.

Overall a good hostel with a party atmosphere in an excellent location. Far better than their other hostel in Hanoi which we also stayed in. The staff were not great though. The English speaking staff were knowledgeable, but it felt like they were constantly trying to sell you their tours rather than help you out if you wanted to do things on your own. The Vietnamese staff were not helpful at all and lacked basic knowledge like bus times to the airport etc.

• 28th Jan 2016

Hi thanks for your review and feedback. I will make sure your feedback is passed to our managers in the hostel so we can always make sure our staff know all info. We offer weekly training and information meetings for all staff to try and offer the best service to all our guests. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your comments. All the best, VBH Crew Manager

Very noisy but nice, clean beds and extremely sociable. I enjoyed my stay here!

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. All the best for your future travels VBH Crew Manager

Absolutely one of the best hostels we stayed in on our trip. Everything from facilities (amazing beds) to the party vibes (free beer!) to the great service of organising tours/trips. On point! Loved it!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for your recent review and positive feedback. It's awesome to hear that you had a great time with us and took advantage of the freebies (beer!) that we love to give away. All the best in your future travels!

Such a fun hostel! Great place to meet people and always something happening. There are people on hand to help with tour packages and they are definitely worth the time and money! Would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your incredibly positive review of the hostel, tours and staff! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Downtown Manager

Love the place i booked 2 days then done the cast away tour with the hostel and its been the best time ive had in vietnam and possibly the best time ive had on my travels! Ive came back to book 3 more days and im thinking about extending my stay again! Love the place would recomend to anyone! Free alchol 5 till 6! Wifi on every floor and staff are always so helpful and the commen areas are so good i cant get enough of it!!

Thank you for your fantastic feedback on both our hostel and your experience on Castaways. It's so amazing to hear that your trip with us to Halong Bay was potentially one of the best of your travels! We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you again. Cheers, Downtown Manager

Great hostel with always something going on to entertain you! Always very busy so you know you can find someone to talk to (as a lone traveler this was great) Staff are very friendly and happy to help with any query whether it's directions/tours/booking flights. Good location too!

• 21st Jan 2016

Thank you for your great review of our hostel. It's so awesome to hear that you had a fun time with us and appreciated the social atmosphere, staff and location! All the best in your future travels.

Backpackers is good if you are planning on doing loads of trips and aren't on a budget as they will book everything for you - don't do ha long bay if the weathers cold though, because let me tell you it was FREEZING! You don't get value for money as who wants to do water sports/rock climbing in the freezing cold? Some staff are really helpful, others quite rude and annoying. It's pretty much a party hostel so good if you're into that. Rooms and communal areas clean and the food is ok.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. I met some brill people and the rooms were clean with good security. I'm from England & I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm but seen the twin room, which is like a hotel room with. Food is cheap and tasty and excursions to ha long bay and sappa available. The common room has pool, foosball & TC with comfy sofas. Real good feel to the place & the evening parties are immense 😃

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you had an excellent stay and enjoyed you the common space and social atmosphere. We all hope to see you again in the future. Cheers, Downtown Manager

The hostel is nice, but a bit overpriced. A quiet common room on the 5th floor, as well as a loud party place on the main floor where the reception is. If they could give more information instead of being a (pricey) travel agency I could have saved a lot of money. It's a shame.

Thank you for your constructive review. The hostel designs it's tours to be unique and unlike others you'll find in the surrounding travel agencies and therefore do cost a bit more. I will however remind the staff that they need to be clear in offering the variety of affordable options that we have available for our guests on tighter budgets. Hope you've been having an excellent trip since leaving Hanoi!

Nice place, althogh very noise.

Thank you for the feedback. Our nightly events can get noisy at times however we do take guests looking to go out on a free pub crawl around 11 pm to create a quieter hostel. Next time you're in Hanoi you may want to check out our Original hostel which is a lot more chilled out than Downtown. Safe travels!

Excellent party hostel, great for meeting sociable people

Thank you for the excellent review. We really strive to create a social atmosphere in the hostel where it's easy for our guests to meet one another so it's really great to hear we've achieved that in your eyes. Hope you've been enjoying your travels since leaving us!

Best hostel I stayed at in south east Asia, great atmosphere downstairs and very easy to meet people. If you like socialising then this hostel is for you.

Thank you so much for the feedback. It's really nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the social atmosphere that we create in the hostel. Please come back and stay with us anytime!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7