Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Downtown

9.0
Superb 2930 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2017

We had an amazing time at this hostel! Staff were soo accommodating (especially the Asian man behind the bar... Not sure his name... But is there quite often during the day helping around), atmosphere was very fun and location was great! This hostel definitely made our stay a lot of fun. We booked a private room with ensuite for 3, and it was worth it for sure! Highly recommend this place!

18th Aug 2017

Really great hostel. Location, staff, cleanliness and atmosphere are all winners. Hooks on the bed and individual plug points are also a welcome addition in comparison to other hostels.

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Aug 2017
3.7

At 3am we gave up one of our beds to allow some girls who claimed to have been sexually assaulted in another room at the hostel to sleep in our room. Another person staying in our room came in at 5am and urinated all over the floor. The staff offered no sympathy or help with the situation, even though we only used one of the two beds we had checked in, they were only keen to push overpriced tours at you. Would not recommend, after two nights we couldn't wait to leave. Worst hostel of the trip.

Hey thank you for taking the time to leave a review, We obviously take matters like this very seriously and we are sorry that you felt this was not dealt with in the way that you would have liked it. Our members of staff did inform you that I had been contacted and was on my way into the hostel the morning after as they felt I would be best to deal with situation and I would have hoped we could have cleared up any issues in hostel before you left. If you would like to contact me with any further issues please email me rob@vietnambackpackerhostels.com Thanks Rob Towell Manager

• katyateasdale9140
17th Aug 2017

It's really awesome here. It is a party hostel, so best that in mind when you book. You can't hear the music from downstairs from the rooms, but often people come back late. The people we met were so friendly and it's just generally a great hostel. Also the location is perfect!!!

15th Aug 2017

Social hostel, mostly clean, good security as need key fobs to get into dorm rooms and each bed has a locker. Nice to have free water refill and free breakfast. Negatives included air con was switched off during the day so the rooms got stuffy and smelly.

• uchitg
  • India, Male, 25-30
15th Aug 2017
7.1

Won't recommend. Keeping all pleasantries aside, what matters in a hostel is value for money. The charges that this hostel puts are not transparent. I was charged for coffee despite breakfast being included. I was also wrongly charged for the hop on, hop off bus service. I was told $51for bus would amount to VND 1,750,000 and i paid d same without checking as i was getting late. Later i got a receipt of approx VND1.2 Million, which is correct conversion. But by then i had already left d city.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
13th Aug 2017

excellent stay! staff are helpful, and amazing. super clean. great location. awesome vibe. no complaints. thanks for having me, team!!!

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2017

I had such a great time there ! :) The whole vibe was amazing and the staff were incredibly kind. The things that I liked the most about this hostel were free walking tour and pub crawl and after 8 or 9 pm, it becomes a really cool club!! :) This hostel is the best that I stayed so far :)) I highly recommend this place without any hesitation!!!:))

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

This hostel is literally a hotel, it's one of the best we've stayed at during our trip! Location is a little away from the ancient town but that's forgivable because it's so nice. We extended our stay of 2 nights into 5. All single beds so there are no bunk beds which is a dream and the showers are super nice. Only thing that let this place down is the staff, some were very unhelpful and unfriendly.

• England, Couple, 18-24
9th Aug 2017
8.0

Enjoyed my stay here. Although the whole hostel is far too hot, especially the rooms. I was on a top bunk and the fan didn't reach me so I was really struggling, through the day were not allowed any air con (they turn it on around 7ish) which everyone in the hostel thought was stupid because as it's a party hostel and everyone is hungover and sleeping or trying to through the day. So it'd make sense if it's allowed on all the time, we pay enough. This made us not extend our stay.

Hey thanks for the review, Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you thought the staff were ace. They all work super hard to make everyones stay as fun and enjoyable as possible. With regards to the air con we turn it off at checkout and back on in the evenings as during this time 95% of the customers are out exploring Hanoi, this is stated in our Hostelworld facilities section that we have PM air con. Yes it is true, we are a party hostel and a few people have to deal with a hangover but that is the reason why we have fans in the room also. We wish you the safest of future travels, Rob Towell Manager