Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Downtown Reviews

9 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam

Awesome! It is a party hostel with a bar downstairs to socialise. But upstairs in the rooms you don't hear the noise, comfy and clean beds. Clean bathrooms. Everything is well organised. Loved to stay there!!

Couldn't ask for a better hostel! Super organised, clean and SO much fun! Welcoming, passionate and knowledgeable staff and I felt like part of the family. Thank you all so much for the week I've had with you..I'm still recovering but smiling because it happened. Sarah xx

A good party hostel with lots of activities to get involved with. I organised a transfer from the airport with them which didn't turn up, however the desk at the airport is exactly the same price. There's some weird 'agent booking' charge for booking through hostel world which basically makes you pay your deposit again. Castaways trip to halong bay was booked through them which was amazing. Free breakfast is nice. Bathrooms were always available and clean. Location is very central.

Loved it here. The castaway tour is a must!

Loved this hostel, the staff were so friendly and could not have been more helpful. Good atmosphere to meet other travellers and the best location to explore the city. We also booked the open tour bus through them which I would really recommend.

Good hostel, does what it says on the tin. If you want to party you definitely won't regret going here, something happening every night. That said, they kill the music at 11pm so It's possible take it easy too, plus they have an upstairs chillout area. Breakfast is fine. Importantly for me, there are tonnes of showers and each time i had piping hot water. Any comments and feedback I have are minor and fairly trivial so I give the place a thumbs up.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

I made friends with Sam and his crew here. All good guys, young and very young, always helpful and accommodating. This is also probably the biggest party hostel I've ever seen, I ha e gone out with other people who stayed here for all three nights in a row. They organize many trips and activities. This hostel is for everyone but especially for those that don't want to be bored, because it's quite impossible to be so here.

Great walking tour!

Everything you want from a hostel it was!! Loved it and would recommend to anyone!

It's definitely a party hostel but I liked it! If you're traveling alone it might be hard to meet people however I was a solo traveler & met a bunch of cool people. They have lots of free drinking deals so it'll definitely benefit the younger crowds! The staff are pretty decent as well & I highly recommend the castaway tour even if it's expensive. It was so much fun but maybe I was lucky with good weather as well ;) overall I had a pretty decent experience there & would recommend it!

awesome hostel! So much going on downstairs, really gets everyone in a good mood for meeting new people with the bar and the activities every night! Rooms were great, and the toilets were nice and clean!

Hostel is 100% the best in Hanoi. The original castaway tour cannot be missed and is well worth the money. They are always busy, but always manage to make it seem like it isn't. Rooms are okay but wifi is strong. 5 floors with a chill out floor. Stayed 5 nights!!!

Great place to meet people! Staff are great and the castaway tour is awesome!!!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in, seems build by backpackers for backpackers, great facilities, clean, the free breakfast and the free refill water stations are also a plus.

Had the most amazing time on the Castaways tour- 100% worth the money for memories (although somewhat blurry) that will last forever. We'll be back!

Showers and toilet were very good. Drinks also good value

• 22nd Nov 2015

Vietnam Backpacker Hostels is the ideal place to start your trip. The staff gives you good advice to plan your trip across Vietnam and propose you various organised trip/bus tour/train ticket/museum ticket at discount price. Also this is the best place to meet lonely backpackers and hang out all together.

Really excellent Hostel! Everything great, only minor thing to improve: Make sure (maybe security on the floors) with mor rigor that people stay calm during the night next to the dorms so people who need it can sleep.

If you're looking for a party hostel, look no further! I had an amazing time at this place, but when I wanted peace and quiet I did move the the original. The music stops at midnight so it's not too bad but if you're into staying at a chilled place you can always just go and party at this hostel. The staff at the tour desk does try and push you into doing your tours so that is definitely something you must be aware of. Otherwise it's an awesome hostel.

This company in general is amazing. We've now stayed in 2 of their hostels and will purposely seek them out to stay in more. The staff are extremely helpful, Asian or western. The tour and trips they do are brilliant. The hostels are always so clean. And they always have a great atmosphere due to the western staff just making so much fun for everyone there and getting everyone involved. Little bit in love with this company.