Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Original Reviews

48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Farley standard hostel. Good trips, I would recommend this if you are travelling in a group or don't want to meet people. Atmosphere was non existent. Stay in downtown hostel.

Fantastic hostel, clean and quiet and centrally located. Much quieter than Downtown, a bit of a party hostel but not a bad thing! Literally a twenty minute walk away from the Old Quarter or the Citadel, didn't even need to take a taxi anywhere. The free walking tour was a nice touch too.

The hostel itself is clean and good but I didn't see a helpful staff there. From the receptionist to the expats who work there, I had the impression they were more interested in their own fun than actually help the guests

This hostel is good if you fancy a party atmosphere. If not, I would avoid! I was here for the week of my birthday so it was perfect but there do tend to be a lot of disturbed nights. Otherwise everything was good!

Nice place with helpful staff and good beds.

The rooms are standard and clean but there was no toilet on our floor, so we had to go done in the lobby area. That wasn't pretty nice to do in the middle of the night wearing your sleeping cloth. The personal was very friendly. They didn't adviced us very well about the tours they offered. It was a bit annoying that we've paid to much for tours they weren't really worth it.

• 8th Mar 2015

Nice hot showers, and clean rooms. Luggage storage if you need it. Fun bar upstairs that can be loud, but the party moves on at 9:30-10, so it's not a problem.

Loved this hostel! Party starts here but leaves at 9:30, so you can join or enjoy a nice quiet night. Huge lockers for all your stuff and the staff is pretty helpful with booking tickets. We also stayed at their brand new hostel in Sapa, Mountain View, which is even better! Definitely recommended these hostels!! Best in Vietnam!

The hostel was good but not brilliant, so if you are looking for a hostel plenty of activities and backpackers atmosphere you will feel very confortable but in our case we were looking just for a place to sleep and the price&quality rate was not the best. We arrived at night from the airport and the staff didn't spoke english and we had to pay at arrival, no credit card and only dongs (that we didn't had because we came from the airport just one hour before...).

Good, clean, basic. Great staff

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Staff on the desk are extremely helpful and always cheerful. Dorm rooms are good and clean, with bathroom shower delivering hot water constantly!!. The beds are actually quite comfortable, and the added bonus is every bunk has its own plug socket with reading light. Good effort ☺

Really nice here, great place to meet other travellers and staff are very nice. Free breakfast really good. Dorms slightly cramped but beds comfortable. Trips offered by the hostel very pricey, worth while shopping around elsewhere if planning on taking any trips, would stay here again

The hostel itself is average-there are cheaper ones available on the same road. They oversell it a tad with the whole 'rooftop bar' experience. The bar is tiny, and they shut it down really early. The rooms were quite dirty. I never saw the bathrooms being cleaned.Hot water rarely available, and the manager was extremely rude and sarcastic when I complained about this. All of the other staff were fantastic-it's just the manager who needs to work on her customer service skills, and attitude.

This is a wonderful hostel! Prime location. Very social but not overly so since the party moves their downtown location around 9:30pm. Would definitely stay there again and I'm recommending it to all of my friends who plan on comig to Hanoi!

This is a slightly pricey option but definitely worth it if you are travelling alone and want to meet people. The beds are super comfy, with individual power points and the lockers are excellent. This is most definitely a social hostel, so I wouldn't recommend it if you are after a quieter stay. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable.

This hostel is well located. There are big lockers under the bed. Breakfast is just OK. Staff are helpful but not as friendly as other hostels in south east Asia.

Very busy.Very much a cash generating machine. EVERYTHING here is 2-3 times more expensive than other vendors. Tours, food, beers etc. A guy staying in my dorm LITERALLY got 3rd degree burns and had to be be hospitalised from the BOILING shower water. Stripped his foot clean of skin. No warning signs etc Cost him $100 in hospital fees and ruined his whole trip. Staff didn't care at all and just asked for him to pay his room bill. In this hostel, you're a number. Not a guest.

Great place to meet other backpackers, clean rooms and staff are very helpful for all your needs!

Avoid this hostel if you are not willing to party with the staff 24/7. This is the worst hostel I have stayed at, in terms of facilities and amenities it is fine however the staff are extremely rude and cliquey. if you are coming to Hanoi to learn and discover then this may not be the hostel for you. if you are travelling to Hanoi to party and suck up to the staff then this is for you.

A great hostel and when asked about one in HCMC they said they were making one! Yay!! Also a great friendly staff member called Katrice!