Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Original Reviews

48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Good value for money. Need to sort out air conditioning in dorms as very stuffy and uncomfortable.

A party hostel with a lot of activities. It is not as party as the downtown one but still a party hostel. Notice that their tours and offers are overpriced.

Enjoyed staying here, right in the middle of Old Town Hanoi. Hostel was good, staff very helpful and good breakfast. Only downfall being the Air Con goes off in the dorms during the day but nothing major.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Overrated. Hard to meet people because there's no common room, just a restaurant downstairs. Also, didn't really like the people staying there. First night didn't sleep much because of drunk British teenagers. Staff was decent. Tours were like double the price of other hostels. I switched to Hanoi Central Backpackers - Old Quarter after a couple nights and had a much better experience.

The hostel and staff were great. The location is also wonderfully close to a lot of the main attractions in Hanoi. The Wi-Fi did not consistently work however, making online banking and future reservations cumbersome to do.

Really enjoyed my stay here! Not as sociable as the downtown one but still a great location and a really friendly place! The breakfast is really good (and free!) and the free water is also an amazing addition. Good social area both sides of the road. Thanks!

State here with a few friends, the rooms were lovely and there was a nice crowd there. The trips they offer are overpriced so I'd advise looking elsewhere for those.

Happy with my stay here. Unfortunately only air-con at night which I was not happy with- especially considering it's not mentioned in advanced. Other than that the staff are extremely friendly and the free breakfast is quite lovely!! Loads of nighttime activities to participate in and they really try to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Would recommend.

I stayed here as a solo traveller for two nights on either side of the north west buffalo run with Mickey. The hostel was excellent for backpackers. I stayed in original which is a lot less crazy party than downtown! The staff are lovely. The north west buffalo run was one of the best experiences of my life and I couldn't recommend it highly enough!

Everything is perfect! I loved my stay there. Only an elevator in the second building to the fifth floor would be really nice.

Farley standard hostel. Good trips, I would recommend this if you are travelling in a group or don't want to meet people. Atmosphere was non existent. Stay in downtown hostel.

Fantastic hostel, clean and quiet and centrally located. Much quieter than Downtown, a bit of a party hostel but not a bad thing! Literally a twenty minute walk away from the Old Quarter or the Citadel, didn't even need to take a taxi anywhere. The free walking tour was a nice touch too.

The hostel itself is clean and good but I didn't see a helpful staff there. From the receptionist to the expats who work there, I had the impression they were more interested in their own fun than actually help the guests

This hostel is good if you fancy a party atmosphere. If not, I would avoid! I was here for the week of my birthday so it was perfect but there do tend to be a lot of disturbed nights. Otherwise everything was good!

Nice place with helpful staff and good beds.

The rooms are standard and clean but there was no toilet on our floor, so we had to go done in the lobby area. That wasn't pretty nice to do in the middle of the night wearing your sleeping cloth. The personal was very friendly. They didn't adviced us very well about the tours they offered. It was a bit annoying that we've paid to much for tours they weren't really worth it.

• 8th Mar 2015

Nice hot showers, and clean rooms. Luggage storage if you need it. Fun bar upstairs that can be loud, but the party moves on at 9:30-10, so it's not a problem.

Loved this hostel! Party starts here but leaves at 9:30, so you can join or enjoy a nice quiet night. Huge lockers for all your stuff and the staff is pretty helpful with booking tickets. We also stayed at their brand new hostel in Sapa, Mountain View, which is even better! Definitely recommended these hostels!! Best in Vietnam!

The hostel was good but not brilliant, so if you are looking for a hostel plenty of activities and backpackers atmosphere you will feel very confortable but in our case we were looking just for a place to sleep and the price&quality rate was not the best. We arrived at night from the airport and the staff didn't spoke english and we had to pay at arrival, no credit card and only dongs (that we didn't had because we came from the airport just one hour before...).

Good, clean, basic. Great staff