Vietnam Backpacker Hostels - Original Reviews

48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Great Larry atmosphere, met a few people and played drinking games I'm 30 years old and felt like I could fit in with everyone. I had a private room which is separate from the main hostel but it's only over the road. It stank of mold and was really gloomy. I'd spent less and stayed in better place but I really wanted atmosphere so that's why I booked here. Overall a nice place maybe I'll stay in a dorm next time

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the social atmosphere in the hostel. Guest satisfaction is incredibly important to us so please let us know if you aren't pleased with your room at the time, as we would have happily moved you into another to ensure your comfort. All the best in your future travels.

Excellent Value for money. The beds in the dorms are big with your own lights and plug sockets. There was lots going on every night to join in on. The only down side was it was very noisy staying in the room at the top of the stairs but I would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our value and room layout. In regards to the hostel being noisy, we understand that sleep is important to our guests which is why we take anyone who wants to party on a bar crawl away from the hostel at 9:30 pm. Apologies if you were trying to sleep prior to this time. Safe travels!

I booked a double room via hostelbookers and one day before arrival i got an email from the backpackers saying the room is not available any more. But if i pay 25$ more, they will have the same room available. That is a lot for Hanoi! I finally found a couple of other hotels which are 9$/night for a double room. The backpackers hostel is more expensive than hotels and it's really loud there all night long.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Austria

Great atmosphere and super friendly staff. Free tours and free beer! Also they cabbed us from our bus to the hostel at 6 am upon arrival. Two major problems though: Internet was awful and the acoustics of the staircase made it so we were woken up almost every hour in our first floor room by people talking on their phones throughout the night. Bring earplugs or you won't sleep.

Hey thanks for your review and really pleased you guys had a great time and of course pleased you enjoyed our free beer!!! I will make sure all our signs are up advising guests to be quiet at nighttime! Thanks for the feedback. Cheers VBH Crew Manager

Stayed in mix dorm the first night and it was disgusting and smelt of cigarettes. Stayed in female only dorm after and it was really clean and the bathroom was newer with seperate shower and toilet. Great atmosphere to meet new people. Lots going on and location is in a great place, close to markets, the best food and the lake.

Hey thanks for taking the time to leave us a nice review. We hope you enjoyed your time in Vietnam and for the rest of your trip. All the best, VBH Crew Manager

The backpackers chain, while fun and convenient, is like a cult The staff are quite pushy with the tours and all their programs. The Hoi An location was the best of the chain and was well run and a comfortable stay. The Hue staff were rude and off putting. In Sapa the hostel was incredibly disorganized and there was no heat. We were asked five times if we had paid, attributable to dismal record keeping. We fought with staff about cancelling our tour and they stubbornly refunded half the cost.

Thanks for taking the time for leaving us a review and I'm pleased you had fun but alarmed by your other comments. None of our staff earn more money from selling our trips, they are there to offer good and sound advice so they should not be pushy but this is certainly something we will check up on in all our locations. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. VBH Crew Manager

My 3 girlfriends and I stayed here for 3 nights total, in a dorm room. We are in our late twenties, early thirties and don't stay in many hostels, however we would definitely recommend the vietnam backpackers hostel. The location is perfect for being able to sight see and walk around easily. Restaurants nearby as well as shopping were excellent. The hostel itself has a great atmosphere. It is more of a party place, but you can also avoid that if you want. The bathrooms were EXTREMELY clean.

• 21st Nov 2015

Thanks for taking the time to leave us an awesome review. We are always very pleased hearing how much our guests enjoyed the hostel and their time with us. Safe travels. Cheers, VBH Crew

Fantasic hostel ! Clean and tidy! A social communal area downstairs. Tours are fantastic! Free beer I would definitely stay here again!! Highly recommend!

Hey Thanks for your great review, we hope you get the chance to stay with us again! Cheers Original Crew

Such a fun hostel, front desk workers were very knowledgeable and quite helpful! Loved talking to them, hearing their stories. The hostel has tons of activities making it easy to meet new people. One of the cleanest hostels that I stayed in! Would stay here again.

• 17th Nov 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hostel. It's so great to hear that you appreciated our staff along with the social atmosphere we create. All the best on your future travels!

Perfect Hostel! Friendly staff, clean facilities in a nice location.

• 14th Nov 2015

Thank you for the incredibly positive feedback! We hope that you've been enjoying the rest of your travels and please come back to see us should you ever return to Hanoi. Cheers, Original Manager

The hostel is really nice and the trip to Ha Long bay is perfect. Enjoy all the tours and try to stay in the room on the lowers levels

Thank you so much for the review. It's amazing to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hostel as well as the unique tours that we provide. All the best!

The hostel is really clean, secure and comfortable. The staff is always helpful on the things you want to do, not only in Hanoi but also in Vietnam. We booked with then the bus from Hanoi to Hue the bus was excellent.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our cleanliness, security and transportation options. I'll be sure to pass along your appreciation to the staff as they are passionate about helping people plan their trips throughout Vietnam and beyond. Hope you've been having nothing but fun since leaving us!

Nothing bad to say about this place really but nothing hugely great about it either. It was okay for a night but more expensive than some similar hostels in Hanoi. The only 'complaint' would be that the toilet we could use was in the bar which meant that we had to go down there to brush our teeth etc, which I found bizarre and a little uncomfortable.

Really good place to stay in Hanoi, nice and chilled out with a great atmosphere. Good location you can walk most places from here. It does have a bit of a party vibe if you want that with the roof bar and nightly pub crawls, but it is not the party hostel which is really nice and what I wanted.

Great hostel, good atmosphere and friendly staff. I extended my stay more than once. The location is walking distance from most attractions. Nice choice at breakfast, overall excellent value for money!

Good location, alright hostel. The included breakfast is a bit of a rip-off because you get a basic breakfast which you always need to add to and pay for. We booked a private room b/c one of my friends is a light sleeper only for the cleaners to come in and start chatting and looking at us around 9am after we landed in at 4am off a night bus.

That you for taking the time to leave us a review as we are always looking for ways to improve. Safe travels!

absolutely amazing, the staff were so helpful and the atmosphere was the best! would 120% recommend this place to my friends!

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

So great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back anytime x

Great place to stay on the island. The manager is very helpful with booking tours etc.

The staff was extremely helpful with all your questions even if you weren't planning to book any tours with them. They were also accomodating enough to change my night as I decided last minute, I wanted to join another tour. Its easy to meet people and they have loads of activities to get you involved.

Your review is very much appreciated! Hope you have been having a wonderful time time leaving us.

Great People and lovely stay

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Great to hear that you had a lovely stay! Please come back and visit us any time.