Vietnam Inn Saigon Reviews

200 Le Lai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This is a party hostel, so if you are looking for that it is great. However i found it unpersonal and to big. Facilities were alright but I would not stay here again.

The dorm bunks were fine, my light didn't work and when I told the staff they weren't that interested. The breakfast and rooftop bar is amazing and so good to meet fellow travellers. The location is excellent and you can walk to most places! I would definitely stay there again in Saigon

my fist day I was ill so spent the day in bed. When the cleaners came in they kept looking around. One of them picked up another travellers shirt up. He then spotted me watching him and he went out of site. I got out of bed and he had the shirt on. I confronted him and he just took it off and walked out. I went to the reception who were appologetic. However it makes me concerned that the cleaners will try and take travellers clothes and makes me wonder what else they help Themselves to.

• 14th May 2015
  • Wales

Sion, thank you for your review, housekeeping had noticed the shirt had been discarded in the middle of the floor and was not on a bag or on a bed, they were bringing it down to the lost and found box at reception, however he shouldn't have put the shirt on to bring it down so we apologise for that.

Staff were useless, rude and unhelpful. Room was dirty at first but once cleaned was a decent room. Good rooftop bar

Danielle, thank you for your review, every floor has a direct phone to reception so that if our guests have any queries or problems during their stay they an be resolved quickly and efficiently.

Great place to stay!! Best hostel in Saigon.

Fix the soap dispensers in the 4th floor bathroom

The hostel is in a prime location and is a great place for travellers looking to meet other travellers and party. My friend and I got a private dorm and it was quite nice. There is a chill room on the first floor which is in bad shape, in terms of the furniture and it's upholstery; It's old, ripped and makes you think how dirty it actually must be. But other than that, and a stench in hour room on our last night, our stay was pretty good. The staff at the hostel are really friendly and helpful.

• 2nd May 2015

We arrived in the middle of the night one day earlier than our booking but luckily could stay here though no discount. The staff woke everyone in the dorm up when they showed us our beds by turning on the light and talking loud through a walkie talkie I think that's rude. Good place to meet people, nice rooftopbar. The chill area has not enough seats.

Jelisa, thank you for your review, we apologise about the noise the staff made, however, they were still working and communicating to reception. We do have a discount promotion but this is for guests who stay for 10 nights plus.

Great value and location!

Great location, nice to have breakfast included, rooftop bar and restaurat has a gorgeous view and 2 free beers a night is a definite plus. Comfortable beds and clean co-Ed showers and toilets. Very high security which was a bit frustrating at times but for the best. Really good cheap street food just around the corner too!

• 28th Apr 2015

It's defenitely more of a party style hostel with a bar on the 9th floor but still I was able to sleep well (note that I was on the 3rd floor). There are two things that I didn't like, first: the wifi sucks. Second: the staff, except the 4 non vietnamese they all struggle with english and they were not very helpful. Otherwise everything was all right!

Great place in Saigon. It was a party hostel, but the rooms isolated well the noise. The breakfast and the two free beers (especially the two beers) contributed to create a great atmosphere, where you can get to meet lots of people. The rooms were cleaned every day, and the toilets cleaned many times a day. The location was really good, being close to markets, museums, and nightlife stands.

Great backpackers hostel! Great rooftop bar with awesome views of the city and two free beers in the evening. Breakfast included and great selection on offer! Definetly recommend his place.

Its hard to go wrong with free beers and breakfast daily for $6. it's a party hostel, very social. There's a good chill out room as well

BE AWARE OF STEALING HOUSEKEEPERS! On the second day we went to the museum. When I came back I noticed that they removed had removed my sheets and with it my belongings (dre beats, samsung charger)I aksed at the reception why my sheets were removed and where my stuff was. They had no clue why they took my sheets and could not find my stuff in the lost and found place. I'm sure it was them but I need more letters to explain. Eventuelly they did not care about the situation. Please dont go here!

We do have lockers in the rooms for valuable items, they are large rooms and we cannot be responsible for all of those staying here. Your sheets were removed as you had not been booked in for that night, and came back after check out time. We did replace your charger. We are sorry your beats got taken, but we do urge guests to keep valuables locked up.

Good hostel with a really cool rooftop bar (though a bit expensive by Vietnam standards and they ran out of beer by 10pm on one of the nights). Great location, 5 minute walk across the park from where you get dropped off by the bus, and 5 minute walk to beer street and all the bars and restaurants. Good free breakfast and they have a pub crawl on Monday and Thursday. Wouldn't recommend the Mekong Delta tour.

Average hostel decided to move to a nicer one didn't like the toilets being shared and showering in the toilet that was smelly didn't feel very clean, free breakfast sounds good but very limited then have to pay extra for butter or milk etc... Still good for the money

Our toilet/shower's are cleaned regularly, we regret that they were not clean on this occasion, a lot of people do use the facilities. We have a telephone on every floor and would urge guests to call reception if the facilities are not to there liking. We offer a choice of 5 options for breakfast, we feel this is excellent value for money at $6 per night, don't forget you also get 2 free beers, if you find a better deal, take it.

Stayed at Vietnam inn twice during my stay in Vietnam. The hostel has a great location, filled with backpackers and has a good roof top bar with a view. Dorms are clean, beds are comfy and staff are helpful. We had a really pleasant stay, hence why we came back. Breakfast is included and the reception desk offers a range of tours. However if a backpacker, I wouldn't recommend the Mekong delta tour. You spend most of the day on a bus and VERY touristic. Better to do the trip yourselves.

One of the best hostels I've been regarding facilities and atmosphere. Loved the rooftop bar and the pub crawl was fun! Didn't really like the Vietnamese staff members, some were a bit unfriendly and they were not willing to help you solve your problems.

Nice hostel with an awesome rooftop bar. Hostel arranges different trips, which you can get a bit cheaper from the travel agencies, but the difference isn't that big. Clean hostel, ok shower and bathroom. I stayed in the fourth floor so a little noisy during nights but nothing I couldn't tolerate. Nice and helpful staff.

• 14th Apr 2015