Vietnam Inn Saigon Reviews

200 Le Lai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

An ok place to stay! Better places around. Messed up my booking and tried charging me twice! Sheets in the rooms aren't changed. Watched a house keeper just straighten the sheets and refold the quilt. Tour desk was helpful but kinda pricy compared to other places!

There are better hostels across the park. My room had no windows.

Staff could be better: they gave us wrong directions to the bus stop very late at night, as two young women it made us feel unsafe and a bit on edge having to wander through the city looking for our bus at midnight. Good hostel for the gap yarr crowd, more for the drinkers than those interested in Vietnamese culture and history.

We're sorry there was a misunderstanding. With most of the buses or tours that you book with us, you will be picked up in front of the hostel. There is no main bus station, each bus company has a bus office, which is where the bus picks you up. Most of them are just across the park in which case a staff member will walk with you.

This people in this location is not that great. In fact I was robbed when I was walking back to the hostel. Try to go in a group. You meet alot of great people there. So join them if you are a single traveller. Bad experience...

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Please be careful when going out. Especially at night! Many people get robbed. You wont need your passport, credit cards or ID anywhere. Bring only the money you plan to spend tonight. Ladies: keep it in your bra. Don’t bring a purse or bag unless you absolutely need to! If anyone riding a motorbike approaches you tell them to go away! Say it loud;make a scene if you feel in danger.

Fantastic spacious bunks and really cool rooftop.

Rooms were clean until a dorm mate decided to urinate over the floor whilst another vomited. This wasnt cleaned in the 2 hours before i left. Allow plenty of time for a massage as its only one person and a queue forms quickly, other than that great social hostel

Great location in Saigon, walking distance to all the big attractions. Decent wifi and helpful staff to book things through. Worth staying here just for the nighttime view of Saigon from the Rooftop bar!

Spacious bed for 4 mix dorm. Roof top bar was nice to be at for view of Saigon. Free a,glass of draft beer.

Really liked this place! The rooftop bar was a great bonus- good area to hang out, have a drink and meet other travellers- and they played the World Cup live on a projector up on the rooftop as well.

• 16th Jun 2014

Good hostel in district one. All the sights are about a 20 walk away. Staff speak good English and they have loads of tours available that make things easier. The only negative is that they mixed in my laundry with someone else's so I had to dig thru the (clean) bag and sort it out.

Couldn't have asked for more. Large dorms with personal light and outlet. Free Vietnamese food on the roof on Saturday nights. Restaurant food on the pricier side but yummy. Nice staff.

Paid $30 for a private room, didn't get any towels. Staff were friendly enough, but not very helpful.

• 6th Jun 2014

The hotel itself is good but definitely a party spot. Stayed in a 12 room dorm and it's exactly what you'd expect, loud and obnoxious drunks. One guy forgot his key and banged on the door until he passed out. The wifi worked well and they happened to be giving away free draft beer and food on the rooftop. Security from outsiders is fantastic, they met our cab at 3am. The sign in the lobby says something like "please be kind with your reviews, we try" To be fair I we got what we paid for.

Second worst staff out of any hostel I've stayed in. They took half an hour to check me in, and they don't smile when you need things. There are floor-shared bathrooms here which I didn't really appreciate, although there is a rooftop bar.

Dear Shenglong Gao. You are last person because you came here check in after some one else. You should waiting them first. Do you know how to line up??? And then, you are angry us with everything. How do you think if we check you in before them??? That's not fair. We hopefully every guests understand about this.

Ludicrous system in the rooftop bar and bit of a lack of atmosphere. Rooms are nice and bathrooms are good but not my idea of a good hostel

Rally good choice. I stayed in a private room which was a bit overpriced but nice.

The place was awesome. I have recommended it to every traveller I have passed

will be delighted to return to vietnam and stay in Vietnam Inn. Will share this to others who wish to go to Vietnam.

• 21st May 2014
  • Philippines

A great hostel in district 1, within easy walking distance to the pub streets. Staff were very friendly and I went out with them on several occasions for drinks etc. The rooms are spacious, bathroom and showers worked well. The rooftop bar was great and an excellent spot to start your night meeting other travellers before hitting the town. The walking tour by Son was great and an awesome way to learn more about Saigon and see places off the beaten track. A great place to stay! :)

Centrally located with an amazing rooftop bar that had a god social atmosphere. Dorm room was OK , bathrooms clean enough. Staff friendly and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4