Vila Anka Reviews

Vinodolska 13, Split, Croatia

I spent in Via Anka 3 days and it was a nice safety and comfortable staying. The room was quite big and clean, with kitchen and all necessary stuff. The owner was so kind to meet us from the bus station by car and it was for free. He is very friendly, ready to help and provide needed information. I can advise that place for staying for such price!

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Belarus

Room was very old and dirty. Staff didn't speak english very well, hard communication. Far from the city center.

The atmosphere was weird, we just wanted a room. Our door broke on the first night, the whole lock fell out of the door. Host promised to replace it but didn't. There were worms on the dining table outside. The bathrooms are old and the corridor is noisy not helped by the glass door only covered with paper. On the final night, someone was trying to break in into the doors and windows (Groundfloor). The room smelled like cigarette. it was advertised as a double room but was twin. It is far away.

The hosts were lovely, very friendly and helpful, even washed our clothes for us!

This hostel is top! Run by a couple of elders and his son, it has an extraordinary familiar ambience. We asked for a traditional home-made dinner and they arranged an extraordinary treat for me and my friends. Thank you Mama! The only downside is that it is far from the city center (30-40 mins walk but only 10 mins bus). The owner can drive you "for a small amount". Bars, cafés, super close. Beach is relatively close (20 mins walk). I would recommend it.

Host davor was really nice, friendly and helped us from the minute we got there. Took us to the doctors because we were sick and even directed us to good beaches and places to see around town. Hostel is clean spacy and close to a beach. It is far from old town but only a 10-15 minute bus ride. Overall was a great stay and would recommend it!

Everything is clean but the shower is not... Enjoyed the stay because i felt like family and you have access to the garden wich is really nice. Not a place to party.

This is a little more than a 35 minute walk out of town but the buses are good and I found it's a straightforward journey. The rooms are basic but comfortable and clean and the hosts are friendly, it feels like a family run place. Bathrooms are fine - not dirty, just basic. If you're looking for somewhere simple, basic and to use as a place to chill and sleep rather than be entertained and in the centre of town then I'd recommend it, it was simple but a really friendly, pleasant stay.

very friendly Family

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

This hostel has good value for money and wonderful staff. However it's 15-25 min walk from the old town and very uphill on the way back, the bathroom is not clean, the sheets were dirty and there were bugs all over our room. One of the rooms they use is a tool shed. The family that own it are very sweet but don't give you any privacy (even if they don't speak your language). It's nice that you can pick the vegetables and fruit from the garden, but I wouldn't be staying here again soon.

The staff is amazing, we stayed for two nights at this place and the people there were amazing, they were so good with us and made us feel like home. If I ever return to split I will book this place for sure. Although the location isn't in the center the host explain us how can we reach every part of the city perfectly, thank you very much!

• 8th Jul 2014