Vila Madalena Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Leitao, 686, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Loved my stay. Staff was great, location was great (Subway 15 minutes away). The wifi was probably the best one I've had in a hostel. The only thing I didn't really like was the bathroom/showers, too small and could use a small renovation. But it still gets the job done.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Just perfect

• 27th Nov 2014

Lovely hostel with great facilities. Cannot complain about anything except for it bejng a little bit of a walk to the metro station. A really cool area of town. Highly recommend.

Great hostel in a really cool area of Sao Paulo. Staff were so helpful and it had a really friendly chilled atmosphere. If the wifi was improved, this would be the perfect hostel in Sao Paulo!

Really cool neighbourhood and great atmosphere both during the day and at night. Staff were lovely and really helpful. If the wifi was better this hostel would be perfect.

Thanks for the review! We loved having you here! We have improved our wifi on the last days, thanks for the advice!

A nice hostel that I would stay again at. A long walk to the metro, but a nice vibe outside which ensured it was easy to get to know people.

It was a great and calm stay.

• 17th Oct 2014

Staff were nice. There is one computer for use in a funky decorated room that has a little tv as well and books. 12 bed dorm is small and lockers are in the way but at least it's relatively cool enough for sleeping. No breakfast but there is a kitchen. The thing I didn't enjoy was that it was not near (m)any good restaurants and the subway is ages away in Sao Paulo heat. I'd recommend staying In the city rather than vila magdalena but if you have to then this hostel is reasonable price

Too little space to organize your things, the lockers were in the middle of the room. Had to pay for towel. Location was good, and people at the front desk were informative and helpful. All in all, I was looking for a cheap bed in a good location and that is what I received. Price was correct.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Uruguay

Very pleasant hostel with intern patio for hanging out and good room with computers and couches. Very friendly staff, and a few blocks from all the nightlife of Vila Magdalena. Only regret : metro is 15-20min away... still feasabale

Wonderful hostel with amazing staff

All around good hostel.

We didn't like the staff attitude. The girl in charge literally said on our arrival that she didn't like to have so many spanish speakers in the hostel, and commented on how many of us were drinking mate. It's a pitty, the place is ok and well located, but we left and found another hostel to finish our stay in.

I'm sorry, but your report sounds bizarre. It's really hard to believe that someone from the staff may have said such absurdity; yes maybe there was some comment about the habit of drinking mate, but I truly believe that there may have been some misinterpretation of this, because we do not speak Spanish and you do not speak Portuguese. Our team usually receives the most accolades in all different booking sites and even personally.

Excellent hostel with passionate new owners. I planned to stay at the hostel for 3 days but ended up staying 11 days. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area as well as having excellent multi language skills. The rooms were of a good size with large lockers which could fit my 50l rucksack. The hostel was being improved during my stay with a new bar and restaurant area which an only make the hostel better! Only downside is a school next-door but it is a minor inconvenience.

You have to go there nice market on saterday, big market on sun day, and if you don´'t like markets there is always a cemetario. Kind and helpfull staff.

The staff are really nice and friendly, and are willing to help you with anything. I really enjoyed my stay at Vila Madalena Hostel and would highly recommend it!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

->bad points 1-didn't see any filtered water tap 2-bathrooms are not so cool, because you barely have a place to put your clothes and the floor is always wet (bad conception/construction of the bathroom) ->nor good nor bad points 1-it's cleanliness is ok 2-locker's size is ok (something like 80X50cm) ->good points 1-it's safe 2-24h reception 3-the commom areas looks really nice 4-great atmosphere

Really good hostel and a great overall experience!

• 21st Aug 2014

Would def stay here again. Great area, very safe. Staff are all helpful. Clean. Has a real warm home vibe to it. And internet is ridicously fast...thats a good fast. Just note when you come out of the train station turn left in the first street and then walk down that, its not clearly instructed and i kept walking straight for 20 minutes

Best hostel experience ever!!! Love you guys!

• 15th Aug 2014