Vila Madalena Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Leitao, 686, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Good hostel, decent location, big rooms, friendly staff. Bonus points for all the brazilian craft beer in the bar! would stay again.

I cannot say enough about the politeness, helpful and very friendly staff, lovely people, thanks for a wonderful stay.

Really awesome experience staying in this part of the city. Great bar with views of the city and easy access to ipanema beach and other more secluded ones too. One of the highlights of rio was the quick trek to the top of the dos hermanos limestone column to watch the sunrise over the city. Something different for sure...

Very helpful friendly staff (who all speak English) I stayed in a dorm and found the rooms very spacious and comfortable. There were power outlets for every bed and convenient lockers which made me feel secure at all times with leaving my things in the room. Very happy with this hostel. I would recommend it.

• 14th Jun 2014

Vila Madalena Hostel was excellent!! I wish I had more days in Sao Paulo. The hostel is in an excellent location in the heart of Vila Madalena and it is a 5-7 minute walk from most places (read: bars, shops). The staff, Miguel and Alan are really nice and always helpful. A special shout out must go to Alan. Our bags were misplaced and sent on a trip around Brazil without us. If not for Alan, we would have never gotten them back. Great rooms, great hostel mates! I will definitely be back!!!

just the Wifi was not working good and the distance to the metro was a bit far then everything was ok.

The wifi works perfect. You only need to reach the right router and log in. There are differents routers around the hostel.

The owner and his wife do really well, and cook up some lovely local dishes, unlike most hostels. Could do with at least adding some powered milk for the coffee in the mornings, the coffee provided is a bit bitter, Migel

Great staff make for a great hostel. Super friendly and very helpful and informative. Bathroom facilities could improved, but that is my only gripe.

I really liked the Hostel. It was probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. They have got a bar with a lot of really good beer. Most of it is sadly also quite expensive but it tastes excellent. The only problem I could make out was the location. By foot it takes 20min or so to the next metro station. The part of town where the hostel is located however is also really nice so you can also spend sone time strolling around the streets there.

Awesome stay!

• 24th May 2014
  • Mexico

Nice hostel, friendly, helpful staff, relatively comfortable beds, and sufficient bathroom facilities and wifi. Location isn't perfect but is close to two metro stations so easy to get around. São Paulo itself is just a big city, really - good if you have time to search or the best bits, but if you just have a day or two, stick to staff's advice of things to do - or you'll never find anything!!

This hostel was fantastic. We were looking for a hostel in a safe and friendly neighbourhood and this was the perfect place! Manuel, the man at reception, was fantastic!!! He let us know all of the best places to see and where to avoid during our short stay. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 9th May 2014

Wonderfull...

Veeeeery nice hostel.

• 1st May 2014

Although the hostel looks very nice and the staff are super helpful and friendly, we checked out after the first night as we didn't get a wink of sleep. The dorm rooms are stuffy, the beds creak and by the morning the room was reeking of alcohol.

• 30th Apr 2014

All room have fan, air conditioning, heater, wide windows and new beds, mattress, lines and individual lockers. Why you didn't tell the reception about it? Some people love stuffy rooms and they probably turned off the air conditioning and fan. We are in the bohemian district and people have lot of fun in the bars area. Hope so you will keep travelling and staying in hostels meeting people and not in single rooms in hotels!

Best staff ever ever... EVER! I enjoyed my stay there and will be back for sure!

• 24th Apr 2014

This was definately the Most stylish hostels we have stayed at during our world trip. The neighborhood is lovely and a big plus for the meal of the day which was very delicious and extremely good value for the money (12 Real). And the choices of microbrewed beer was wonderful for my boyfriend :)

My friends and I quickly got to the hostel, the tips offered were very helpful. Arriving at the hostel and we were very well welcomed. The place is organized, clean, beautiful and very nice people. The attendants helped us in everything we needed.

• 18th Apr 2014

Vila Madalena is just a perfect place to stay. Loved it.

The best hostel I've stayed. It's a great place, nice people there, and the staff are really good guys. They take constant care of keeping the place clean and tidy, giving it a homely taste. Luggage safe, good kitchen, and nice Bar. Totally makes you want to stay longer.

• 15th Apr 2014