Vila Madalena Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Leitao, 686, Sao Paulo, Brazil

A very nice hostel, we stayed there for three days/ two nights. The staff is friendly and gives you tips what to explore in the city - which is good, because Sao Paulo is not very touristic. There are several restrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen where you can cook your dinner, a living room and a nice outside area. Yes, you need to walk 20min to the metro station - but it's worth it, because the area is secure and you can go out on foot to enjoy the nightlife locations which are close / 10min walk

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

nice location, friendly staff, there is no breakfast now, overall good experience.

Amazing hostel! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Ive at least been to 40 to 50 different ones. From the location, to the staff, to the resources available, you cannot go wrong. The metro and buses are near by for mobility. Its located in a very lively area including great bars, restaurants, arts, coffee houses and the such. Would definitely recommend to anybody in the area. Book ahead of time as it is one of the most popular hostels in the city in probably the best neighborhood!

Nice oasis in Sao Paulo. Great staff. Great atmosphere. Nice dorms.

Clean, comfy, good location and the staff were very very helpful

Awesome hostel!

Went during the World Cup - prices were hiked up! Located in the fun part of town!

The staff here were very friendly and helpful. For example they carried my bags to my room and were on explaining how to get around Sao Paulo. The Hostel is about a 20 minute walk from the yellow metro line. The area has some good restaurants and is known for its street parties. The wifi in the hostel is excellent and works throughout the hostel. On the down side, I think there should be more options available for breakfast.

This was a great place to stay, awesome owners, great layout, awesome atmosphere. Just about my only 'problem' was the showers didn't get very hot and Sao Paulo was pretty cold while we were there. A minor inconvenience.

Very nice place

I wouldrecommend this hostel! They rock!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel is safe, clean, and reasonably secure, with a cute and fun little bar attached for socializing. It is in a pleasant part of São Paulo, near to Vila Madalena, but unfortunately a good 15 minute walk from a either of two subway stations. Extra points go to the VERY helpful staff and the general relaxed atmosphere the hostel produces, it is easy to acclimatize to this place. Make sure to check out Consulado Mineiro in nearby Praça Benedito Calixto for one of the best meals in town!

Great people, beautiful place, delicious food, perfect location and Amazing craft Beers!!!

• 30th Jun 2014

No complaints. You have to be cleared to enter the hostel so random people can't walk in, which is nice.

Nice hostel to stay in, but breakfast is very low quality compared to any hostel in Brazil. Staff are really nice!

We have super low rates in a safe and cool area. Breakfast will be not included in our rates here after 21/july. All prices are rising in São Paulo and our rates are lowering.

Good hostel, decent location, big rooms, friendly staff. Bonus points for all the brazilian craft beer in the bar! would stay again.

I cannot say enough about the politeness, helpful and very friendly staff, lovely people, thanks for a wonderful stay.

Really awesome experience staying in this part of the city. Great bar with views of the city and easy access to ipanema beach and other more secluded ones too. One of the highlights of rio was the quick trek to the top of the dos hermanos limestone column to watch the sunrise over the city. Something different for sure...

Very helpful friendly staff (who all speak English) I stayed in a dorm and found the rooms very spacious and comfortable. There were power outlets for every bed and convenient lockers which made me feel secure at all times with leaving my things in the room. Very happy with this hostel. I would recommend it.

• 14th Jun 2014

Vila Madalena Hostel was excellent!! I wish I had more days in Sao Paulo. The hostel is in an excellent location in the heart of Vila Madalena and it is a 5-7 minute walk from most places (read: bars, shops). The staff, Miguel and Alan are really nice and always helpful. A special shout out must go to Alan. Our bags were misplaced and sent on a trip around Brazil without us. If not for Alan, we would have never gotten them back. Great rooms, great hostel mates! I will definitely be back!!!