Vila Madalena Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Leitao, 686, Sao Paulo, Brazil

This was a great place to stay, awesome owners, great layout, awesome atmosphere. Just about my only 'problem' was the showers didn't get very hot and Sao Paulo was pretty cold while we were there. A minor inconvenience.

Very nice place

I wouldrecommend this hostel! They rock!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel is safe, clean, and reasonably secure, with a cute and fun little bar attached for socializing. It is in a pleasant part of São Paulo, near to Vila Madalena, but unfortunately a good 15 minute walk from a either of two subway stations. Extra points go to the VERY helpful staff and the general relaxed atmosphere the hostel produces, it is easy to acclimatize to this place. Make sure to check out Consulado Mineiro in nearby Praça Benedito Calixto for one of the best meals in town!

Great people, beautiful place, delicious food, perfect location and Amazing craft Beers!!!

• 30th Jun 2014

No complaints. You have to be cleared to enter the hostel so random people can't walk in, which is nice.

Nice hostel to stay in, but breakfast is very low quality compared to any hostel in Brazil. Staff are really nice!

We have super low rates in a safe and cool area. Breakfast will be not included in our rates here after 21/july. All prices are rising in São Paulo and our rates are lowering.

Good hostel, decent location, big rooms, friendly staff. Bonus points for all the brazilian craft beer in the bar! would stay again.

I cannot say enough about the politeness, helpful and very friendly staff, lovely people, thanks for a wonderful stay.

Really awesome experience staying in this part of the city. Great bar with views of the city and easy access to ipanema beach and other more secluded ones too. One of the highlights of rio was the quick trek to the top of the dos hermanos limestone column to watch the sunrise over the city. Something different for sure...

Very helpful friendly staff (who all speak English) I stayed in a dorm and found the rooms very spacious and comfortable. There were power outlets for every bed and convenient lockers which made me feel secure at all times with leaving my things in the room. Very happy with this hostel. I would recommend it.

• 14th Jun 2014

Vila Madalena Hostel was excellent!! I wish I had more days in Sao Paulo. The hostel is in an excellent location in the heart of Vila Madalena and it is a 5-7 minute walk from most places (read: bars, shops). The staff, Miguel and Alan are really nice and always helpful. A special shout out must go to Alan. Our bags were misplaced and sent on a trip around Brazil without us. If not for Alan, we would have never gotten them back. Great rooms, great hostel mates! I will definitely be back!!!

just the Wifi was not working good and the distance to the metro was a bit far then everything was ok.

The wifi works perfect. You only need to reach the right router and log in. There are differents routers around the hostel.

The owner and his wife do really well, and cook up some lovely local dishes, unlike most hostels. Could do with at least adding some powered milk for the coffee in the mornings, the coffee provided is a bit bitter, Migel

Great staff make for a great hostel. Super friendly and very helpful and informative. Bathroom facilities could improved, but that is my only gripe.

I really liked the Hostel. It was probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. They have got a bar with a lot of really good beer. Most of it is sadly also quite expensive but it tastes excellent. The only problem I could make out was the location. By foot it takes 20min or so to the next metro station. The part of town where the hostel is located however is also really nice so you can also spend sone time strolling around the streets there.

Awesome stay!

• 24th May 2014
  • Mexico

Nice hostel, friendly, helpful staff, relatively comfortable beds, and sufficient bathroom facilities and wifi. Location isn't perfect but is close to two metro stations so easy to get around. São Paulo itself is just a big city, really - good if you have time to search or the best bits, but if you just have a day or two, stick to staff's advice of things to do - or you'll never find anything!!

This hostel was fantastic. We were looking for a hostel in a safe and friendly neighbourhood and this was the perfect place! Manuel, the man at reception, was fantastic!!! He let us know all of the best places to see and where to avoid during our short stay. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 9th May 2014