Vila Madalena Hostel Reviews

Rua Francisco Leitao, 686, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Veeeeery nice hostel.

• 1st May 2014

Although the hostel looks very nice and the staff are super helpful and friendly, we checked out after the first night as we didn't get a wink of sleep. The dorm rooms are stuffy, the beds creak and by the morning the room was reeking of alcohol.

• 30th Apr 2014

All room have fan, air conditioning, heater, wide windows and new beds, mattress, lines and individual lockers. Why you didn't tell the reception about it? Some people love stuffy rooms and they probably turned off the air conditioning and fan. We are in the bohemian district and people have lot of fun in the bars area. Hope so you will keep travelling and staying in hostels meeting people and not in single rooms in hotels!

Best staff ever ever... EVER! I enjoyed my stay there and will be back for sure!

• 24th Apr 2014

This was definately the Most stylish hostels we have stayed at during our world trip. The neighborhood is lovely and a big plus for the meal of the day which was very delicious and extremely good value for the money (12 Real). And the choices of microbrewed beer was wonderful for my boyfriend :)

My friends and I quickly got to the hostel, the tips offered were very helpful. Arriving at the hostel and we were very well welcomed. The place is organized, clean, beautiful and very nice people. The attendants helped us in everything we needed.

• 18th Apr 2014

Vila Madalena is just a perfect place to stay. Loved it.

The best hostel I've stayed. It's a great place, nice people there, and the staff are really good guys. They take constant care of keeping the place clean and tidy, giving it a homely taste. Luggage safe, good kitchen, and nice Bar. Totally makes you want to stay longer.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Chile

In a great area not far from Villa Madalena, museums, street art, Metro, shopping and the biggest/best weekly flea market. The staff is very helpful and there are always people to meet to get travel tips.

Great hostel, with very friendly and helpful staff. Good beds and a nice breakfast (with fruit, bread, ham

great place, great vibe, beer is a little expensive, but then again its sao paulo.

Nice little place, would stay again

Fantastic hostel with v helpful and interesting staff and in perfect neighbourhood which is both safe, interesting and lively. Walk to metro is a little far but you can't have it all and this is more than made up for by the numerous things to do locally. Would recommend to everyone - made our visit to São Paulo special and keen to return!

The staff were very friendly and helpful and full of useful information on places to go and things to see. The room was just right with power points for all beds and lockers, showers were nice and warm and location was just right. If going back to São Paulo would definitely stay here again. Also a nice mix of people.

Booked 2 nights, but ended up staying 1,5 week. Great hostel, really nice and safe neighborhood. The staff is really friendly, sweet and helpful. Totally recommend this place!

breakfast could be a bit better, more variety! the food and beer is overpriced!

Dear guest, the breakfast is 7h to 10h and you arrived after 10h, yes, it's the end. We sell Serramalte Beer R$ 9,00, but you loved the craft beers that the price is higher. It's not overprice for São Paulo city costs.

When I arrived the guy at the recepcion (alan) showed me everything and told me what to do and where to go. He was really nice and helpful. I recomend this place also for the location in vila madalena that for me is tge best area in sao, plenty of bars and art everywhere

This hostel is very well located for going out to bars and museums. a bit of a pain to get to from the metro station but nothing excessive. staff kno the city really well and were more than willing to help. i wanted to buy a cheep phone for carnaval and the guy showed me where the sao paulo "technology market street" was. got a bargain! Bathrooms are a bit few and unkept but breakfast is good enough and the rooms are clean. has a bar open to public at night but the rest of the hostel gets lockd

This is a nice hostel with nice, friendly and helpful staff- especially Miguel & Alan. And Yes, it has an 'aesthetic' vibe to it... Certainly- very good value-for-money

Good all in all. One of the better hostels. The workers were helpful. Cheper to book trugh hostelworld then to just show up there.

The staff is great and very helpful! Allan knows a lot about gastronomy and cool restaurants! The bar in the hostel is pretty cool and the food, amazing!!! Loved my stay there and the atmosphere!

• 24th Feb 2014